Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,721 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo (78044 Views)

Wike Clarifies Peter Obi 'endorsement' / BREAKING: Tinubu's Biggest Confusion About Northern Politics (Photos) / We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by aribisala0(m): 6:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Who cares .
Congratulations to Onyesom Ezebunwo Wike son of Nlemanya Wike and his own group among the Ikweres.
They're the first group on earth to derive their ethnicity from state creation cos b4 1976 state creation, there was no tribe known as Ikwere.
Ikweres were just a subgroup of the Igbos just like Nsukka or Abakaliki ppl.

Modified.
It is heartwarming to see Wike is suddenly the darling of yerobber Muslims.
Is awa God not a wonderful God? grin grin grin
Why do you folk like these lies?

When was Ogbakor Ikwerre started?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Sobasojek: 6:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
iddonla:

ondo
So what’s your business with flatinas ipobian
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Numismatic(m): 6:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
Jonasbadoo2:
Just STFU Abiriba is more igbo than you self, don't say trash here.. Hope you know that Arochukwu and Abiriba are blood related from the same father, the only connection with Awka Ibom is because it involves an Igbo Man and Ibibio woman so don't say trash here

Oga mind your tongue so you don't be unfortunate in life. You are not from Abariba, and can't say nothing about their origins.. Dumbo

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by BadBradley: 6:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igboid:

You are the Mumu.

Both are all about association, and have political and economic implications.

You are not so Bright, if you do you will know that ethnic identity is also a voluntary thing .

Ikwerre opting out of Igbo doesn't make them Edoid, they remain Igboid.

Next time make sure you put on your brain before you comment on NL.
Ewu Gambia.

ethnicity is not subjected to wishes and association, neither is it voluntary. No. That's why you have African-Americans, Polish-Americans. The hyphen is to recognise their origin and root even though they are Americans!

Ikwere can choose a separate identify but can't deny their root and blood. That's an affront to history and truth. You cannot deny your root even when you disown your father.

Your level of cognition is at par with a 7 year-old with mental paralysis and your emotional discipline is on same plane with a prepubescent girl battling obesity and excessive pimples.

But Nairaland is a free platform where you need that dire validation to stall the ghosts that haunt your mental sterility.

Wike says they are not Igbo but here you are saying the denial doesn't make them non-igboid!!!

Your level of idiocy can stall Nairaland download speed!!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by bigfish3k: 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
goodlife4every1:

And you guys want to die there, going around spreading that Rivers State is Igbo land... Stupid people
Lies, I am Rivers State
I remain a proud igbo like chibuike amaechi

5 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by AMI3(m): 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
This man is an entertainer
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by itsme01: 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
12twelve:
[s][/s]

Omo Ibo how far , Wike just denied you

He just cancelled you

Nobody wants Ipobians not even Umahi .... Chai good character and attitude is key

Cc

IgbalodeRaymond
MsAllison
NagadaAwo
AchalugoNwa
ebenezer202l
Lzaa
Imhotep

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Kingzeez10: 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Who cares .
Congratulations to Onyesom Ezebunwo Wike son of Nlemanya Wike and his own group among the Ikweres.
They're the first group on earth to derive their ethnicity from state creation cos b4 1976 state creation, there was no tribe known as Ikwere.
Ikweres were just a subgroup of the Igbos just like Nsukka or Abakaliki ppl.

Modified.
It is heartwarming to see Wike is suddenly the darling of yerobber Muslims.
Is awa God not a wonderful God? grin grin grin
You're pained. You guys from the yeast used to worship him before.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by aribisala0(m): 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
Davash222:
Nwaike =. Child of strength.

What’s the meaning of Nwike in ikwere language?
There is nothing like Nwike in Ikwerre language

His name is Wike not Nwike

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Gamesmart: 7:01pm On Nov 12, 2020
Dele Momodu's full name is Ayòbámidélé Àbáyòmí Ojútelégàn Àjàní Momodu.

He has a BA in Yoruba from OAU and was born in Ife.

Yet he is saying he is from Edo State? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by TecM0: 7:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
Kirchoffs:
Clothingonline9
dangwarai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
Vaughanlanrewaj.... another slimy chameleon
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebhari
Confirmedombie
georgakins
Arrewa

ILuvdemManna
Gidicars..
Kilonshele
AnanseK
Antoeni
LegendHero
Sammirano
Orioko88
Tesppidd
360degreess
IbadanSun1
NGPatriot
Mamotalk
Kestolove
GoshenNLA
thatfairguy1
TecM0
Humilitypays
IamWonderful
Authority2006
jcmaiah
delivryboy
360degreess
Kuginzi
IamPlato
Danmaiduguri
thebosstrevor1
BOFA2020
PissfulProtester
Emekaonline
Afamed

The shameless MONIKERS listed above are the various paid media thugs hired to spill hate.

They are very many here with over 200 different monikers which they use in trying to cause disunity and sow seeds of discord...they do this by creating tribal inciting topics to cause arguments..

They are mostly northerners.....it's all part of their divide and rule tactics

No wonder Wike is denying Ibos lol

Continue spamming the thread and giving Omo Ibo reputation

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Ogbuu101: 7:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nchenches:

It’s easier for most Igbos to understand Ikwerre dialect than Abakaliki dialect.

Who knows what is pushing this Wike man in this his macabre dance before the world?

Even a little boy knows that it’s bad politics to do what Wike is doing. What does he stand to gain from this? I don’t see any gain other than further making his oil producing areas more exposed to total exploitation.
They have such short memories.
I don't know what they think they can bargain with their 3 local govts.
They're falling right into the trap of the hausa/Fulani again and again and have refused to learn from the experience of Isaac Boro, Ken Saro Wiwa etc.
The oil that is confusing their head ,is it not Hausa/Fulani that have been enjoying it and own all the oil wells?
Have Igbo ppl not been doing well without the Ikweres?

14 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by aribisala0(m): 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
Dedetwo:

The same Elechi Amadi enlisted into Nigerian army as Igbo. He ran from Kaduna to Enugu in 1966 as Igbo officer. He became the vice principal of Asa High School under Onwuma as Igbo. However when Elechi Amadi sneaked back to Nigeria after the fall Igweocha (Port Harcourt), he remembered he was not Igbo.
Enlisted as an Igbo?
What does it mean to enlist as an Igbo?
Do people enlist in the Nigerian Army as Igbos?

What evidence do you have for this claim?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Jonasbadoo2(f): 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
Numismatic:

Oga mind your tongue so you don't be unfortunate in life. You are not from Abariba, and can't say nothing about their origins.. Dumbo
See as you mumu finish, it's Abiriba/Ebiriba and not that trash you wrote there, I'm proudly an Abiribarian , Amaogudu autonomous community to be precise, so you can't tell me my history

5 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
post=95970210:

Dumbo Igbos are proud of their cities, as big as Rivers state is they get their goods from Onitsha and Aba, how many billionaires from Igbo extraction came from Ikwere, tell me one Ikwere man or woman making wave across the world, Wike silly ranting recently is targeted at Amaechi who is trying to unify with the Igbos, we will see how far Wike will go in his quest.

The way you changes tune easily even baffles Otutu nzu the great deity.

Not long ago, Same you was saying wike said he is, today wike is fighting amaechi stylishly.

Tomorrow amaechi who is even more vociferous than wike during his tenure as Governor says otherwise then he is fighting wike stylishly.......Lmao

Well, nzuzu on freestyle is always allowed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by sylve11: 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
Dedetwo:

The same Elechi Amadi enlisted into Nigerian army as Igbo. He ran from Kaduna to Enugu in 1966 as Igbo officer. He became the vice principal of Asa High School under Onwuma as Igbo. However when Elechi Amadi sneaked back to Nigeria after the fall Igweocha (Port Harcourt), he remembered he was not Igbo.

hmmmm cool
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by atonement12: 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
Tangiblehandwork:
What value will wike add to Igbo people,ikwerre and Igbo are not the same thing.ikwerre are just second class Igbo minority wey no even get tangible population.the Lord will deliver wike,as a Yoruba man,na only Igbo I sabi for the whole of eastern region.the other minority are under igbo
You no be yellobar man. Snake!
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Ori12: 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
Is it by force to become IBO man,pls leave Wike,alone.He said he belongs to another tribe,simple

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Nchenches: 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igboid:

Don't get it confused

Uche Okwukwu and other opportunistic Ikwerres are all part of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo because Ohanaeze is a useless organization that is obsolete and not in sync with modernity which exactly why the organization has no grassroot support in Igbo land.

Even as UK pulled out of EU, if the EU leaders are stupid enough to make an opportunistic English man claiming to be anti Brexit the Secretary general of EU with the pay package and power that comes with it,do you think such British will decline? The answer is No.
But does EU making an English man the Secretary general of EU change the fact that the British back home have no interest in being part of EU.

That Uche Okwukwu an Ikwerre man is even allowed to be part of Ohanaeze let alone rise to post of Secretary general is a testament to how useless Ohanaeze Ndiigbo is as an organization.
No Ikwerre or any one whose majority of his people are Igbophobic should be part of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo if the organization is a serious one.

So you IPOB should stop quoting this Uche Okwukwu,because you are only underlying the failure of Igbo leadership as epitomized by Ohanaeze when you use Uche Okwukwu as example of Ikwerre being Igbo.

Don’t make Ikwerre to be tiny and irrelevant by distancing Ikwerre from Igbo.

There are too many people in Ikwerre who claim they are Igbos, and who also identify with any move supported by Igbo majority.

Igbos will NEVER allow myopic people like Wike to make Ikwerre to be tiny and isolated.

Leave Wike to continue to shout himself hoarse in his personal political pursuit.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by ponziponzi(m): 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
peacekante:
The Governor was asked by Dele MOMODU if he is igbo and he gave a blunt reply. "I am not" . He later went on to clarify the misunderstanding about his name and also the ikwere people link to igbo.

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ANmx2mhOU

Tarr! Why is he lying? Who does not know Nnamdi Kanu in Nigeria?
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by MrRegret: 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
Pls my Acct no is : 0720034190, Access bank

Nothing is too small or big, I need to raise funds to get the following:

**Batmobile*
**Batcraft*
**Batcave*
**Battechs*

I believe I can still save this country from:

**Cultism*

**Terrorism*

**Blood sucking Politheifcian*

*Crime*

*Fraudsters*

This great Country will survive.

*The Naija Dark knight Arise*

��������
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Trybes(m): 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igbos will not like this talk at all.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Anambra1stS0n: 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
Juliusmalema:

The way you changes tune easily even baffles Otutu nzu the great deity.

Not long ago, Same you was saying wike said he is, today wike is fighting amaechi stylishly.

Tomorrow amaechi who is even more vociferous than wike during his tenure says others then he is fighting wike stylishly.......Lmao

Well, nzuzu on freestyle is always allowed.
Anu can you show any of my comments on Wike
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by ebenezer202l(f): 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
itsme01:

Omo Ibo how far , Wike just denied you

He just cancelled you

Nobody wants Ipobians not even Umahi .... Chai good character and attitude is key

Cc

IgbalodeRaymond
MsAllison
Asampetenwaanyi
NgadaAwo
AchalugoNwa
ebenezer202l
Lzaa
Imhotep
wow Solmus is the same person as Tecm0
cc 12twelve
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by aribisala0(m): 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
MJluv:
You don't cure a headache by cutting of the head. That the majority of Ikwerres now say they are not Igbos does not nullify the igboness in them and neither will it validate an ostracization from the Igbo mother tongue.

Of course we all know that their(Ikwerres) stance now was preconceived and propagated by partisan politics and the need to stay relevant in this ever evolving multi ethno/religious nay political enclave called Nigeria.

A Fulani man, whether in Nigeria, Niger, Sudan or where have you is still a Fulani. Even if dialectal variances may have arisen due to their diverse locations and the influence of the sociocultural groups surrounding them.
Fiction

The Ikwerre rejected being Igbo BEFORE the Biafra war .

Ogbakor Ikwerre was founded before the war
The Ikwerres were agitating at the Willinks Commission BEFORE INDEPENDENCE

The Ikwerre Bible project is a resounding rejection of imposed Igboness

8 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by nonhuman(m): 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
Gabkosh:
I am sure it has meaning in ikwere. Just as Igbo has meaning in Yoruba language.
iam I were our names are the same our language is UST slightly referent, but we want a different identity, I schooled in abia stste, wike is same as nwike in Igbo and both means the same thing either Igbo or ikwerre, meaning child with strength,
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
Gamesmart:
Dele Momodu's full name is Ayòbámidélé Àbáyòmí Ojútelégàn Àjàní Momodu.

He has a BA in Yoruba from OAU and was born in Ife.

Yet he is saying he is from Edo State? undecided

Yes he is actually from Edo state, his father only settled in osun state and worked at oau at some point, Momodu is actually an Edo name, but because the father had stayed in osun for long and felt welcome by the locals he decided to take up a Yoruba identity for him and his children.

Still biologically speaking uncle Dele isn't a Yoruba but he has become one by naturalization and the fact that edo culture shares some few things with the yorubas

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by focus7: 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
This is going to be a great heartbreak for the igbos

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by InvertedHammer: 7:08pm On Nov 12, 2020
/
If not that everything in Nigeria thrives on mediocrity, as a lawyer, Wike should know that the credibility of a witness is very important. Sentiment aside, with everything happening between IPOB and FG, for Wike to claim he is not familiar with the name Nnamdi Kanu shows that he is an amateur liar.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by bigfish3k: 7:08pm On Nov 12, 2020
osarog:
For the fact that my language sounds like Igbo language doesn't mean I'm Igbo. People should understand this.

Ikwerres are not Igbo.
Hear yourself
Your language sounds igbo
Your name sounds igbo
Your surname sounds igbo
Your great grandfather and grandfather name sounds igbo
Your village name sounds igbo
Your food is igbo
Your religion is of the igbos
Your looks is igbo
Your intonation sounds igbo your dressing looks igbo
Your culture is igbo
When igbos are being killed anywhere in Nigeria, you are killed along
Non igbo speaking parts of your state see you as igbo but you deny not being igbo but Benin

You are just a confused being with identity crisis Period

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by goc176(m): 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
chrisxxx:

You have gathered too many likes by this comment. However, let me educate you. There was a time the Aro people migrated to Ikwerre and wielded so much power. During the war most of them fled. Some were unable to leave either because of weakness or inability to locate their homeland. Those that remained were adopted by many communities in Ikwerre land. Though there is this segregation and resentment about them till date. Those whose ancestors are Aros always want to be identified as Igbos and every Ikwerre as Igbos to close that gap of discrimination.
Amaechi married an Igbo lady. He may claim Igbo by marriage. There is need also to investigate his family background.
In Ikwerre land we call Igbos Isuoma. This is a class difference between the Diali and the Igbos.
When next you see Amaechi call him Nye Isuoma. If he does not rebuke him come back to me and ask me for apology.
Igboid:

Don't get it confused

Uche Okwukwu and other opportunistic Ikwerres are all part of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo because Ohanaeze is a useless organization that is obsolete and not in sync with modernity which exactly why the organization has no grassroot support in Igbo land.

Even as UK pulled out of EU, if the EU leaders are stupid enough to make an opportunistic English man claiming to be anti Brexit the Secretary general of EU with the pay package and power that comes with it,do you think such British will decline? The answer is No.
But does EU making an English man the Secretary general of EU change the fact that the British back home have no interest in being part of EU.

That Uche Okwukwu an Ikwerre man is even allowed to be part of Ohanaeze let alone rise to post of Secretary general is a testament to how useless Ohanaeze Ndiigbo is as an organization.
No Ikwerre or any one whose majority of his people are Igbophobic should be part of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo if the organization is a serious one.

So you IPOB should stop quoting this Uche Okwukwu,because you are only underlying the failure of Igbo leadership as epitomized by Ohanaeze when you use Uche Okwukwu as example of Ikwerre being Igbo.
, but that doesn't change the English mam from being an European.
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by chrisxxx(m): 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
gidgiddy:
Ikwerre not being Igbo all depends on the Ikwerre you meet. An Ikwerre man and former Governor, Chibuike Amaechi, will tell the whole world that he is an Igbo man. Another Ikwerre Governor like Wike will say he is not Igbo

Meanwhile, an Ikwerre man called Uche Okwukwu is Ohanaeze Secretary general while another Ikwerre man called Elechi Amadi wrote a book to say Ikwerres are not Igbos

Its for Ikwerres to go and sort out whatever ethnic crisis that has engulfed them
You have gathered too many likes by this comment. However, let me educate you. There was a time the Aro people migrated to Ikwerre and wielded so much power. During the war most of them fled. Some were unable to leave either because of weakness or inability to locate their homeland. Those that remained were adopted by many communities in Ikwerre land. Though there is this segregation and resentment about them till date. Those whose ancestors are Aros always want to be identified as Igbos and every Ikwerre as Igbos to close that gap of discrimination.
Amaechi married an Igbo lady. He may claim Igbo by marriage. There is need also to investigate his family background.
In Ikwerre land we call Igbos Isuoma. This is a class difference between the Diali and the Igbos.
When next you see Amaechi call him Nye Isuoma. If he does not rebuke you come back to me and ask me for apology.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Buhari Watches As Sallah Ram Is Being Slaughtered / Kogi Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.