Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo (78036 Views)

Wike Clarifies Peter Obi 'endorsement' / BREAKING: Tinubu's Biggest Confusion About Northern Politics (Photos) / We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by aribisala0(m): 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2020
Numismatic:

Seriously? You are saying it's the igbos that copied the ikweres? Nothing Musa no go see for gate o
I do not know and neither do you

You simply believe what is pleasing to you

Who are "The Igbos" when did that come into existence
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Numismatic(m): 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
Jonasbadoo2:
Lemme educate your ass Ewu Gambia, igbo is just a tribe made up of clans and each has little differences in how they do things, our dressing is not different at all, the only thing we don't use is the red cap

Ode, answer my question, how come Abaribas traditional dressing is the same as that of ibibio people? When you answer that then we can have a proper conversation. Run along now pig. You are not Abiriba, if you are, you will know

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Ademoore07(m): 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Who cares .
Congratulations to Onyesom Ezebunwo Wike son of Nlemanya Wike and his own group among the Ikweres.
They're the first group on earth to derive their ethnicity from state creation cos b4 1976 state creation, there was no tribe known as Ikwere.
Ikweres were just a subgroup of the Igbos just like Nsukka or Abakaliki ppl.

Modified.
It is heartwarming to see Wike is suddenly the darling of yerobber Muslims.
Is awa God not a wonderful God? grin grin grin
Wike's verdict pained u, no be small.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by jerryfemi88: 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
osarog:
For the fact that my language sounds like Igbo language doesn't mean I'm Igbo. People should understand this.

Ikwerres are not Igbo.
u guys are middle belt

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by TecM0: 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
MsAllison:
sorry do I know you?

Stop being a simp chasing women online
work on your self esteem and win a babe offline

i no gree na by force?

Eyah

Ibo man you see ya life... When we tell you Mr cancelation say you dey embarras Ibo you no hear

Now Wike denied you, chaiii

Shame

Tufiakwa

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igboid:

I like the sound of Iwhuruosa! The Osa there must be abridged version of Osagie.

So I'm guessing the full name is Iwhuruosagie! grin

Gbam! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
Emeka and his bearded wife are sad at this news

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Numismatic(m): 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
aribisala0:
I do not know and neither do you

You simply believe what is pleasing to you

Who are "The Igbos" when did that come into existence

I believe there has been alot of archeological findings that can put a date on when the igbos got to where the are now. Believe ikweres are ibos..
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Jonasbadoo2(f): 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
Numismatic:

Ode, answer my question, how come Abaribas traditional dressing is the same as that of ibibio people? When you answer that then we can have a proper conversation. Run along now pig. You are not Abiriba, if you are, you will know
So what is Ibibio dressing? senator? gorge? isi agu? buss shirt? or ekpa Which na, mtcheew Efelefu dika gi

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by robosky02(m): 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
osarog:
For the fact that my language sounds like Igbo language doesn't mean I'm Igbo. People should understand this.

Ikwerres are not Igbo.
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Numismatic(m): 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:
Emeka and his bearded wife are sad at this news
Idiot

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Ogbeniomo: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igboid:
Any Igbo man that call Wike or Ikwerre people is either a brainwashed IPOB member incapable of rational independent thinking or an ignorant one with no sense of group dignity.

Ikwerre is not Igbo
Yes,just as kwara is not Yoruba

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by bigfrancis21: 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
Midas01:
It's only on NL and soci media that this is actually a thing.

I was born and raised in PH and met lots of Ikwerres all my life and the average ikwerre sees himself as distinct from the igbo.

Igbos should die the issue.

Exactly, if the Ikwerres want to be seen as a different ethnic group, so be it. They have a right to their self-identity. The deed is done. In the event that they find themselves in a different country as ours, we could say that the Igboid language is multi-national.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Ultimategeneral: 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
I don't know what to say. Cuz I've got nothing to say. I never want them to identify as igbo,so who cares whatever ethnicity they claim.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Numismatic(m): 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
Jonasbadoo2:
So what is Ibibio dressing? senator? gorge? isi agu? buss shirt? or ekpa Which na, mtcheew Efelefu dika gi

LOL.. Ode.. Which other part of igbo land dresses like the ibibios? That is not the traditional ibo dressing..
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by MsAllison(f): 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2020
TecM0:

Eyah

Ibo man you see ya life... When we tell you Mr cancelation say you dey embarras Ibo you no hear

Now Wike denied you, chaiii

Shame

Tufiakwa

sorry I don't do kpomo black lips grin
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by aribisala0(m): 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2020
Numismatic:

I believe there has been alot of archeological findings that can put a date on when the igbos got to where the are now. Believe ikweres are ibos..
You are free to believe The Naira and the dollar exchange 1:1

that does not make it reality
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Loveurneighbour: 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2020
Why are the Igbo people forcing Wike to announce his tribe as IGBO?

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Jonasbadoo2(f): 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2020
Numismatic:

LOL.. Ode.. Which other part of igbo land dresses like the ibibios? That is not the traditional ibo dressing..
so what is the traditional Igbo dressing ? And which clan are you from self

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by CORRECTMAN78(m): 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2020
Afamed:

That's what they know how to do best. They never stay peacefully with their hosts.

But you fought hard to keep them in 1967/1970. You are still fighting to keep them. Why not grant them freedom and treat them like foreigners in your country.

You can begin to groan and gnash your teeth over this, Nigeria is nothing without Igbos. Period!!!

7 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Jonasbadoo2(f): 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2020
Numismatic:

I hope you know Aro dresses exactly like Abiribarians?

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by sirp9898(m): 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2020
yorubas
you should be happy nw

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by TecM0: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2020
MsAllison:
sorry I don't do kpomo black lips grin

Sorry Wike doesn't do Ibos

Lol

Sifia pain

Abeg borrow me that Wike sword pics make I use am show you wetin Wike mean

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by FuckThaMod: 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2020
Abeg, igbo is igbo while ikwere is ikwere. We might be similar in some ways such as names but that doesn't make us the same. Make ikwere dey their own, make we igbos dey our own. I Just have a big problem their choices of names, tommorow now they will commit crime and everyone will say igbo, meanwhile it's ikwere.
That's how nzeogwu coup has been bringing insults on the real igbos since decades now.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Edudevine82: 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igboid:

Don't get it confused

Uche Okwukwu and other opportunistic Ikwerres are all part of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo because Ohanaeze is a useless organization that is obsolete and not in sync with modernity which exactly why the organization has no grassroot support in Igbo land.

Even as UK pulled out of EU, if the EU leaders are stupid enough to make an opportunistic English man claiming to be anti Brexit the Secretary general of EU with the pay package and power that comes with it,do you think such British will decline? The answer is No.
But does EU making an English man the Secretary general of EU change the fact that the British back home have no interest in being part of EU.

That Uche Okwukwu an Ikwerre man is even allowed to be part of Ohanaeze let alone rise to post of Secretary general is a testament to how useless Ohanaeze Ndiigbo is as an organization.
No Ikwerre or any one whose majority of his people are Igbophobic should be part of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo if the organization is a serious one.

So you IPOB should stop quoting this Uche Okwukwu,because you are only underlying the failure of Igbo leadership as epitomized by Ohanaeze when you use Uche Okwukwu as example of Ikwerre being Igbo.

ARE DONE?
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Golan007: 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
Kirchoffs:
Clothingonline9
dangwarai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
Vaughanlanrewaj.... another slimy chameleon
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebhari
Confirmedombie
georgakins
Arrewa

ILuvdemManna
Gidicars..
Kilonshele
AnanseK
Antoeni
LegendHero
Sammirano
Orioko88
Tesppidd
360degreess
IbadanSun1
NGPatriot
Mamotalk
Kestolove
GoshenNLA
thatfairguy1
TecM0
Humilitypays
IamWonderful
Authority2006
jcmaiah
delivryboy
360degreess
Kuginzi
IamPlato
Danmaiduguri
thebosstrevor1
BOFA2020
PissfulProtester
Emekaonline
Afamed

The shameless MONIKERS listed above are the various paid media thugs hired to spill hate.

They are very many here with over 200 different monikers which they use in trying to cause disunity and sow seeds of discord...they do this by creating tribal inciting topics to cause arguments..

They are mostly northerners.....it's all part of their divide and rule tactics

They recorded their voice over Wike's ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Chiedu4Trump: 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igbos are the most feared group

Fulanis most hated group

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by majamajic(m): 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
osarog:

Ikwerres are not Igbo.

Yes , they are hausas

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by obstead200(m): 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
osarog:

Ikwerres are not Igbo.
my dear brother, it is all just politics.
But aside politics, please do not fool yourself. Ikwere is basically and foundamentaly an Igbo clan. Same goes for the Igbo or near-Igbo speaking communities of Delta State.
I understand and appreciate Ur need to create a different tribal identity but also remind yourself that it is only for the purpose of improving the political relevance of a small group elites.

When push comes to shove, Goodluck convincing the hausa man, the Yoruba man, the tiv man, that you are not Igbos. It will be an effort in futility. Have u forgotten the case of GEJ (and he is not even Igbo related?

Have you also forgotten the Asaba genocide of the civil war?

Stop making urself an orphan. Identify with the only tribe that is obviously most likely to stand by you because they have as much to lose as you do, if u are to go down.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by 2tpick: 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igboid:

Don't get it confused

Uche Okwukwu and other opportunistic Ikwerres are all part of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo because Ohanaeze is a useless organization that is obsolete and not in sync with modernity which exactly why the organization has no grassroot support in Igbo land.

Even as UK pulled out of EU, if the EU leaders are stupid enough to make an opportunistic English man claiming to be anti Brexit the Secretary general of EU with the pay package and power that comes with it,do you think such British will decline? The answer is No.
But does EU making an English man the Secretary general of EU change the fact that the British back home have no interest in being part of EU.

That Uche Okwukwu an Ikwerre man is even allowed to be part of Ohanaeze let alone rise to post of Secretary general is a testament to how useless Ohanaeze Ndiigbo is as an organization.
No Ikwerre or any one whose majority of his people are Igbophobic should be part of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo if the organization is a serious one.

So you IPOB should stop quoting this Uche Okwukwu,because you are only underlying the failure of Igbo leadership as epitomized by Ohanaeze when you use Uche Okwukwu as example of Ikwerre being Igbo.
Weak argument. Britain' s exit from EU doesn't make Britain African, Asian or even American let alone carving a continent for itself. Smh
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by RemoveKebab: 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Who cares .
Congratulations to Onyesom Ezebunwo Wike son of Nlemanya Wike and his own group among the Ikweres.
They're the first group on earth to derive their ethnicity from state creation cos b4 1976 state creation, there was no tribe known as Ikwere.
Ikweres were just a subgroup of the Igbos just like Nsukka or Abakaliki ppl.

Modified.
It is heartwarming to see Wike is suddenly the darling of yerobber Muslims.
Is awa God not a wonderful God? grin grin grin
I know that one way or the other you peeps will still find a way to blame the peaceful yorubas.

Come they swear for una?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

Buhari Watches As Sallah Ram Is Being Slaughtered / Kogi Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.