Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate (5985 Views)

We Are Surprised Makinde Did This For Islam Despite Being A Christian’ / We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International / South Africans Are Surprised That Buhari Is Going UK Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by WoeBetide666: 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
You idiot Nigerians joining kaffirs to insult this country are hopeless
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
Druggey:
its 80% Buhari paid them to remove the zero.
BTW who are the 98% that are fuckin employed? cool
About 92% that are working, Surely NBS can tell us where this people are working because they should be paying tax.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
cjrane:

grin grin
Nigerian federal government does not understand the concept of data as something that is required for planning.

Any data from Nigerian government is merely cooked up numbers written on paper by semi illiterates simply to further the government's claim.
You are right data is the crucial thing in order to develop the country.
Nigeria should improve and produce accurate statistics
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 8:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
WoeBetide666:
You idiots Nigerians joining kaffirs to insult this country are hopeless
Idiots Nigeria- why are you insulting Innocent people.
Kaffirs - I don’t know What this is.
Stop to be competitive and Bring on better ideas
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by lascos912(m): 8:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ole kill them

Is 99%
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by happy200(m): 10:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

Idiots Nigeria- why are you insulting Innocent people.
Kaffirs - I don’t know What this is.
Stop to be competitive and Bring on better ideas
Thank you for being matured here. But last time i checked our unemployment rate was around 24%. Not as low as 8%. Thank you
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Rosskivvyy: 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
Slave-minded black South Africans never ask why Indians, Lebanese, and Chinese are flooding their countries, even more than Nigerans.

Their own problem is racial inferiority complex, self hate and low self esteem.

That is why they only attack those who look like them.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Benwallt(m): 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2020
The scale for measuring Nigeria's unemployment rate broke in 1970 n since then ppl like Oga lie Mohammed determines the figure in their bedroom. Nigeria's unemployment that is 200%

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Rosskivvyy: 10:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
Benwallt:
The scale for measuring Nigeria's unemployment rate broke in 1970 n since then ppl like Oga lie Mohammed determines the figure in their bedroom. Nigeria's unemployment that is 200%

Dude, just because you are a jobless loafer and a worthless layabout doesn't mean other Nigerians are in your position.

Most of us are working and making money, which is why you see all those nice cars and SUVs passing you by on the street while you trek.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
lascos912:
Ole kill them

Is 99%
Lol, cant be 99%.
Fg govt employed thousands of teachers, nurses, doctors, social workers, etc
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
lascos912:
Ole kill them

Is 99%
Lol, cant be 99%.
FG govt employed thousands of teachers, nurses, doctors, social workers, etc
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
happy200:
Thank you for being matured here. But last time i checked our unemployment rate was around 24%. Not as low as 8%. Thank you
Thanks a lot for the response.
24% is justifiable, but check stats from your government they are saying unemployment rate is 8%.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by happy200(m): 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

������, Nigeria Bureau of statistics should be independent from government so that it can give us accurate data.
Like i said earlier, our unemployment rate is higher than 8%, but if I/we want to tell people the truth. Nigeria has never been efficiently managed like it's being managed now. A lot has changed here, if you judge Nigeria based on what you see on net you will always think it's bad here. The reason is we have in house enemy which is (IPOB) who has sworn to tarnish Nigeria's image on net and abroad.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Benwallt(m): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
Rosskivvyy:

Dude, just because you are a jobless loafer and a worthless layabout doesn't mean other Nigerians are in your position.

Most of us are working and making money, which is why you see all those nice cars and SUVs passing you by on the street while you trek.
scram

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by happy200(m): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

Thanks a lot for the response.
24% is justifiable, but check stats from your government they are saying unemployment rate is 8%.
I can tell you that is not true bra.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by happy200(m): 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2020
Rosskivvyy:
Slave-minded black South Africans never ask why Indians, Lebanese, and Chinese are flooding their countries, even more than Nigerans.

Why you dey abuse people na?
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2020
Rosskivvyy:

My friend let’s not cause fight were there is no fight.
In this forum I never spoke about Nigerians influxing to South Africa. I think it will be better for us to read the post before we reply.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
Benwallt:
Hahaha, I hope Buhari not to see this post.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
Rosskivvyy:

According to your judgement what is unemployment rate?
Pls remember he is not jobless by choice
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by happy200(m): 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

My friend let’s not cause fight were there is no fight.
In this forum I never spoke about Nigerians influxing to South Africa. I think it will be better for us to read the post before we reply.
please don't mind that person, presently many Nigerians are not happy because life has never been serious like it is now in Nigeria since they were born. 80% Nigerians don't have bill to pay
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Benwallt(m): 10:39pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

Hahaha, I hope Buhari not to see this post.
he can't see it. His foot soldiers will utter it

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by David2O(m): 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2020
Propaganda to beautify the country's image.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2020
happy200:
Like i said earlier, our unemployment rate is higher than 8%, but if I/we want to tell people the truth. Nigeria has never been efficiently managed like it's being managed now. A lot has changed here, if you judge Nigeria based on what you see on net you will always think it's bad here. The reason is we have in house enemy which is (IPOB) who has sworn to tarnish Nigeria's image on net and abroad.
Thanks for the info.
Does Nigeria able to provide all citizens with basic necessities Such as clean water, electricity, good road, Food to less privileged and Shelters to less privileged.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by WoundedLamb: 10:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:
NewsRoom 405 reported that unemployment rate in Nigeria is 8%.
Most viewers called and they were surprised With the low unemployment rate of Nigeria, because unemployment rate of South Africa is 30%.

Viewers were asking this questions:
1. Why Nigerians are running around the world looking for work while there is low unemployment rate in Nigeria

Nigeria is a large country. Everything is big over there including the market which is the largest in Africa. So unemployment might actually be low. But then, there's underemployment. People are working but not earning as much as they should. Again, Nigerians being everywhere is a function of population. Just like other super populated developing countries like India and China, it is not out of place to see Nigerians in other countries.

Please, take my contribution with a pinch of salt, I don't live in Nigeria and can't really know beyond the information I gather from my network. I perceive you are South African, what is the situation in terms of employment over there?

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
happy200:
One of the biggest problem is when we start not trusting our government.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 10:47pm On Nov 12, 2020
happy200:
It means NBS should be held accountable for releasing unrealistic statistics.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
happy200:
please don't mind that person, presently many Nigerians are not happy because life has never been serious like it is now in Nigeria since they were born. 80% Nigerians don't have bill to pay
Am so sorry to hear that, but let’s hope things will turn around very soon.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Rosskivvyy: 10:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

Thanks for the info.
Is Nigeria able to provide all citizens with basic necessities Such as clean water, electricity, good road, Food to less privileged and Shelters to less privileged.

Dude, NO DEVELOPING NATION ON EARTH is able to do that.

80% of the world comprises DEVELOPING NATIONS like Nigeria.

The very concept of being a developing nation is that you are still on the road to providing those things you listed.

If you HAVE provided them to ''all'' your citizenry, then you are a developed/advanced nation.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 10:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
Benwallt:
he can't see it. His foot soldiers will utter it
Lol

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by happy200(m): 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

Thanks for the info.
Does Nigeria able to provide all citizens with basic necessities Such as clean water, electricity, good road, Food to less privileged and Shelters to less privileged.
In Nigeria it is almost everyone to himself. E.g 90% houses in urban area has Bore-hore (private water), Generator (private electricity), we have electricity, some areas 24hrs, some 18hr some 12hrs e.t.c. Then we almost don't pay tax and don't care about government providing us anything. We have good road but not to the standard of South African road.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
David2O:
Propaganda to beautify the country's image.
We have to beautify country Image with correct data
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by BERNIMOORE: 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
Because Nigerian is the headquarter of LIE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks / VP Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting / Asari Dokubo Don Buy Market, We Warned Him To Leave Nnamdi Kanu Alone. See What

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.