Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate (5991 Views)

We Are Surprised Makinde Did This For Islam Despite Being A Christian’ / We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International / South Africans Are Surprised That Buhari Is Going UK Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Coldie(m): 8:33am On Nov 13, 2020
Kriss216:
Unemployment rate in Nigeria is over 98.9857%!
This is not true Nigeria is one of the freeest countries in the world just that university supremacy and pride won't let lots of Nigerian's engage in Sim certain jobs.

When I was in pH I know a hotel that was built in an area with unemployed guys with an opening on the gate saying manager, cook, security, cleaner wanted I told a guy who was done with his nysc that was still living with his parents to apply the guy laughed and said whether I want fall him hands.

This goes on, I know somebody that is from a place whose dad is part of the elites in his community they have vast lands in his community that can be used for farming all those lands lie idle but he is in the city doing nothing blaming Nigeria and cursing buhari

3 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 8:34am On Nov 13, 2020
riches4me:
Q. Why is NBS statistical releases always difficult to understand
A. They are always in riddles.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 8:36am On Nov 13, 2020
Millimann:

Well, Nigerians are naturally hardworking and would take up any job just to be engaged. Let's say they are majorly under-employed.
Ok
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 8:39am On Nov 13, 2020
Coldie:

This is not true Nigeria is one of the freeest countries in the world just that university supremacy and pride won't let lots of Nigerian's engage in Sim certain jobs.

When I was in pH I know a hotel that was built in an area with unemployed guys with an opening on the gate saying manager, cook, security, cleaner wanted I told a guy who was done with his nysc that was still living with his parents to apply the guy laughed and said whether I want fall him hands.

This goes on, I know somebody that is from a place whose dad is part of the elites in his community they have vast lands in his community that can be used for farming all those lands lie idle but he is in the city doing nothing blaming Nigeria and cursing buhari

Sad to hear that
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Coldie(m): 8:59am On Nov 13, 2020
zhike:

Sad to hear that
Nigeria has alot of employment.

The day u will know that Nigeria is trying is when a country like south Africa clocks 150million.

Countries in Africa with over 100million population like Ethiopia and Congo u can't imagine that level of suffering and poverty going on there, but am average Nigeria suffering has sth just that Nigerians have this hustling spirit, and naturally hustling requires u leaving your comfort zone.

Alot of Nigerians suffering a huge percentage of them are not suffering because of Nigeria its cause of bad choices, I know a guy who stays in a one room who sold a land for #11million he takes this money to another states and squanders it, like squanders everything when the money finished he comes back to his one room and joins people saying e no go better for Nigeria, Buhari your father etc.

We all know whose fault It is.

I know another guy that they opened a ware house for him with goods worth over 3million pay rent for 2 years with free house and feeding with a sienna. This guy finished everything if not for the person who opened the business getting angry the guy way on his was to sell out the sienna, his excuse is that business Is not his calling...lol

This list goes on

So Nigeria e get as e be.

In my area in rivers state where I stayed drugs is very rampant there's even cocaine in my area they call it charlie, i ask myself if these people are poor broke and unemployed how are they able to afford cocaine.

3 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by David2O(m): 10:18am On Nov 13, 2020
zhike:

Lol, statistician is not supposed to assume.
There Is quick ways to get this data, they can get this data from labour dept, tax services, etc
How many people registered under these dept? Tax fee is enough to chase us away.
Statistician will never tell you he/she assumed. They will say based on estimate grin mind you, estimate, guess and assume are synonym of one another if I'm right.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Kriss216: 11:17am On Nov 13, 2020
Coldie:

So, a graduate to go and apply for cleaner in a hotel is what you call employment?

You shouldn't be saying this in a public forum. you're embarrassing our Nation.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Coldie(m): 11:23am On Nov 13, 2020
Kriss216:

So, a graduate to go and apply for cleaner in a hotel is what you call employment?

I didnt say anything about a graduate applying for cleaner jobs.

That apart u can't do cleaner job in Nigeria but u can do it abroad what's the use?

3 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Dayoebe(m): 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2020
This must be a fake news.
Even a toddler knows unemployment rate in nigeria should be above 90%

How many graduate were employed by the government
How many industry absolved labour
How many graduate has enough capital to start a business
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by duruZed(m): 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
shugabasbn:
Nigeria own is not about unemployment but mal-employment where graduates go home with 20k per month and Msc with 30k,PhD with 50-70k with inhuman working condition.
while senators, and other house members collect 8m-10m monthly. Pls correct me if am wrong.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by 2by40ft: 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kriss216:
Unemployment rate in my household is over 98.9857%!
Fixed
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Coneheadyutes(m): 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2020
zhike:
[s]NewsRoom 405 reported that unemployment rate in Nigeria is 8%.
Most viewers called and they were surprised With the low unemployment rate of Nigeria, because unemployment rate of South Africa is 30%.

Viewers were asking this questions:
1. Why Nigerians are running around the world looking for work while there is low unemployment rate in Nigeria
[/s]

Rubbish!

Fraudulent propaganda statistic is what you Naijirians are known for. What is the point of lying to Safricans?

https://nairametrics.com/2020/08/14/breaking-nigeria-unemployment-rate-jumps-to-27-1/

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by jom28gy(m): 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2020
zhike:

What is the advantage of having a foreign and local report.
local report gives it as it is than outsiders

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by shugabasbn: 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
duruZed:
while senators, and other house members collect 8m-10m monthly. Pls correct me if am wrong.

U are right. And they send SARS to knock u down if u protest for any injustice.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Kriss216: 7:14pm On Nov 14, 2020
Coldie:

I didnt say anything about a graduate applying for cleaner jobs.

That apart u can't do cleaner job in Nigeria but u can do it abroad what's the use?
The pay is different.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2020
Coldie:

Nigeria has alot of employment.

The day u will know that Nigeria is trying is when a country like south Africa clocks 150million.

Countries in Africa with over 100million population like Ethiopia and Congo u can't imagine that level of suffering and poverty going on there, but am average Nigeria suffering has sth just that Nigerians have this hustling spirit, and naturally hustling requires u leaving your comfort zone.

Alot of Nigerians suffering a huge percentage of them are not suffering because of Nigeria its cause of bad choices, I know a guy who stays in a one room who sold a land for #11million he takes this money to another states and squanders it, like squanders everything when the money finished he comes back to his one room and joins people saying e no go better for Nigeria, Buhari your father etc.

We all know whose fault It is.

I know another guy that they opened a ware house for him with goods worth over 3million pay rent for 2 years with free house and feeding with a sienna. This guy finished everything if not for the person who opened the business getting angry the guy way on his was to sell out the sienna, his excuse is that business Is not his calling...lol

This list goes on

So Nigeria e get as e be.

In my area in rivers state where I stayed drugs is very rampant there's even cocaine in my area they call it charlie, i ask myself if these people are poor broke and unemployed how are they able to afford cocaine.

My friend thanks for this information. Yes, General there are people who can’t run business. The only thing they can do is to work for other people. We have the same problem in South Africa.

About population 150 million can be managed. Nigeria govt must ensure that each individual is recorded, Ensure that all People that are working pay tax and also ensure that shops pay VAT tax. Nigeria can have big GDP.

In order to get everything right, Nigeria should ensure that justice system works.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2020
David2O:
How many people registered under these dept? Tax fee is enough to chase us away.
Statistician will never tell you he/she assumed. They will say based on estimate grin mind you, estimate, guess and assume are synonym of one another if I'm right.
Lol, assume, estimate, guess is the same thing.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2020
Kriss216:

Yes graduate can work as a cleaner while looking for his professional job.
We also have similar problem in South Africa, South Africans don’t want to work on the farms, as nanny, as waiters

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 9:09pm On Nov 14, 2020
Dayoebe:
This must be a fake news.

Even a toddler knows unemployment rate in nigeria should be above 90%

How many graduate were employed by the government

How many industry absolved labour

How many graduate has enough capital to start a business
Nigeria has oil companies and am sure millions of people are working there.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Dayoebe(m): 11:25pm On Nov 14, 2020
zhike:

Nigeria has oil companies and am sure millions of people are working there.

What about millions that are just graduating?

Do they change their staff annually?
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Minxie(f): 1:00am On Nov 15, 2020
I must say, I'm also shocked by the unemployment rate in Nigeria because when I talk to Nigerians they always say how there's no work and no opportunities.

Meanwhile i look at Nigeria and I just see so many opportunities. Especially large scale opportunities. But I guess it's because I don't know what's really going on. And by the comments, i see that these statistics may not even be true.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by tsdarkside(m): 3:30am On Nov 15, 2020
lets make something clear....nigeria is a country were you dont need a certificate to start a business....

you can just set up a table somewhere you dont disturb others and start a business....

sellin fruits,sweets,bread and such....
soo,many are self-employed....

thats why the nigerian goverment promotes it even till today....
donkeys,wheelberrows,grindin maschines and such....

thats why south africans have it hard to compete with nigerians....
south africa just doesnt have the culture....i understand them to a degree....
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by tsdarkside(m): 3:39am On Nov 15, 2020
think over it....
somebody that is sellin fruits will not complain about unemployment.

you dont even need goverment approval to even do it sef....

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
Dayoebe:

What about millions that are just graduating?

Do they change their staff annually?
I understand you
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
Minxie:
I must say, I'm also shocked by the unemployment rate in Nigeria because when I talk to Nigerians they always say how there's no work and no opportunities.

Meanwhile i look at Nigeria and I just see so many opportunities. Especially large scale opportunities. But I guess it's because I don't know what's really going on. And by the comments, i see that these statistics may not even be true.
Thanks a lot for this comment. I also see lot of opportunities in Nigeria.
Most South African companies wishes to go to Nigeria, but the problem is that Nigerian laws are business unfriendly
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 9:22pm On Nov 15, 2020
tsdarkside:
lets make something clear....nigeria is a country were you dont need a certificate to start a business....

you can just set up a table somewhere you dont disturb others and start a business....

sellin fruits,sweets,bread and such....
soo,many are self-employed....

thats why the nigerian goverment promotes it even till today....
donkeys,wheelberrows,grindin maschines and such....

thats why south africans have it hard to compete with nigerians....
south africa just doesnt have the culture....i understand them to a degree....
My friend you are promoting illegal Business that makes cities to be dirty, lastly the business that does not pay tax.
If you want to sell open a shop and pay tax.
We need to think smart is 2020.
Come with your desks to Limpopo towns such as Tzaneen and Polokwane you will be arrested. We don’t support mediocrity, we want real businesses

What are you better than South Africans with?
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2020
tsdarkside:
think over it....
somebody that is sellin fruits will not complain about unemployment.

you dont even need goverment approval to even do it sef....
Wrong plan
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by tsdarkside(m): 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2020
zhike:

My friend you are promoting illegal Business that makes cities to be dirty, lastly the business that does not pay tax.
Come with your desks to Limpopo towns such as Tzaneen and Polokwane you will be arrested. We don’t support mediocrity, we want real businesses

you see now what i mean....??
you cant even understand it....

thats why its hard for you to compete with nigerians....
they are trained in it to start with nothing....

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Minxie(f): 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2020
zhike:

I think selling fruits etc on the streets is enough for survival but not for prosperity. Although it may put food on the table in Nigeria, it's not very helpful in SA where things are a lot more formal. For example: how are you gonna get a mortgage when you're a hawker? So you'll forever just sell fruit and earn the same amount of money while employing one or two people at most.

However, if you were to (for example) start a partnership or company that not only sells fruit but makes various fruit based products... now that's called prospering.

There's nothing wrong with selling fruit etc on the streets but it's just not something South Africans do much because it doesn't really sustain our living standards. I know many people who informally sell things but they do it on the side and from home as an extra income because a formal occupation is more beneficial. Or there are people who start informally but they want to become formal businesses.

I wouldn't call them mediocre, i just think that maybe it works for them in their circumstances. Although it doesn't do much for the economy...

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by happy200(m): 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2020
zhike:

how are you friend? Please do you have any Nigerian staying legally in SA or any Nigerian Embassy official, i want to enquire something from any of them over there. (I want to have more Chips cutters). Thank you
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by holicupp(m): 9:27pm On Nov 16, 2020
SMI2020:
wereh, who be d person weh omit the '9' from the 98%??

help me ask them abi hoodlums don loot the number 9

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by holicupp(m): 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2020
Scream:
The f*cking government has muscled its way to control of NBS, the office now now screwed, f*cked up stats are now being pushed like drug addicts, only God knows how far they will degrade the country before they f*cked off and get f*cked by the devil himself! Ndi anuofia!

see finishing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Niger Delta: Amnesty Boss Seeks Support Of Traditional Rulers To Execute Reforms / APC Members Are Killing And Injuring PDP Members In Kaduna / Hilarious Photo Of Tinubu Struggling To Shake Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.