Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate (5983 Views)

We Are Surprised Makinde Did This For Islam Despite Being A Christian’ / We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International / South Africans Are Surprised That Buhari Is Going UK Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Benwallt(m): 10:56pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

Lol
that is it bros. This at the helms of affairs are prevent from hearing those from outside by those around them.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 10:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Nigeria is a large country. Everything is big over there including the market which is the largest in Africa. So unemployment might actually be low. But then, there's underemployment. People are working but not earning as much as they should. Again, Nigerians being everywhere is a function of population. Just like other super populated developing countries like India and China, it is not out of place to see Nigerians in other countries.

Please, take my contribution with a pinch of salt, I don't live in Nigeria and can't really know beyond the information I gather from my network. I perceive you are South African, what is the situation in terms of employment over there?
Unemployment rate in South Africa is 30%, and many people are worried.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 11:01pm On Nov 12, 2020
Rosskivvyy:

Dude, NO DEVELOPING NATION ON EARTH is able to do that.

80% of the world comprises DEVELOPING NATIONS like Nigeria.

The very concept of being a developing nation is that you are still on the road to providing those things you listed.

If you HAVE provided them to ''all'' your citizenry, then you are a developed/advanced nation.

Thanks for the response.
Please note that South Africa managed to do that.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
happy200:
please don't mind that person, presently many Nigerians are not happy because life has never been serious like it is now in Nigeria since they were born. 80% Nigerians don't have bill to pay
Thanks a lot for caring, much appreciated.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by happy200(m): 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

Unemployment rate in South Africa is 30%, and many people are worried.
About employment, personally i know we have lots of opportunities here the problem is like i said, you are almost left alone. Meaning you have to clear the bush start everything alone without help, without loan you may even end up not being taxed after you have managed to start e.t.c.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 11:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
happy200:
In Nigeria it is almost everyone to himself. E.g 90% houses in urban area has Bore-hore (private water), Generator (private electricity), we have electricity, some areas 24hrs, some 18hr some 12hrs e.t.c. Then we almost don't pay tax and don't care about government providing us anything. We have good road but not to the standard of South African road.
Thanks for the good info.
According to your statement, it seems like Nigerians are Generally hard working people.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 11:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
BERNIMOORE:
Because Nigerian is the headquarter of LIE
Lol
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 11:08pm On Nov 12, 2020
Benwallt:
that is it bros. This at the helms of affairs are prevent from hearing those from outside by those around them.
Ok, understand.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by happy200(m): 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

Thanks for the good info.
According to your statement, it seems like Nigerians are Generally hard working people.
Yes they are, because the environment is very harsh. The country was not properly organized from the beginning hence we are facing this now.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
happy200:
About employment, personally i know we have lots of opportunities here the problem is like i said, you are almost left alone. Meaning you have to clear the bush start everything alone without help, without loan you may even end up not being taxed after you have managed to start e.t.c.
I understand.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
happy200:
Yes they are, because the environment is very harsh. The country was not properly organized from the beginning hence we are facing this now.
Keep working hard and things will turn around one day.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by happy200(m): 11:12pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

Keep working hard and things will turn around one day.
yea........ Thank you so much friend.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by David2O(m): 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

We have to beautify country Image with correct data
Unfortunately, anything involving number/values/figure is manipulated in Nigeria. From goodies to casualties. 2.2billion spent on prayer as if they took a trip to heaven. Over sixty thousand infected coronavirus patients, where are they?

Just cite any correct data you know and prove me wrong.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by happy200(m): 11:15pm On Nov 12, 2020
David2O:
Unfortunately, anything involving number/values/figure is manipulated in Nigeria. From goodies to casualties. 2.2billion spent on prayer as if they took a trip to heaven. Over sixty thousand infected coronavirus patients, where are they?

The truth is Nigerians don't care about government's data, this is coming from a South African, people who know what data mean.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2020
In South Africa if the state entity can report wrong statistics .
We report that entity and justice department will deal with it decisively.

Hence most of you don’t approve this 8%, i wanna log a case against NBS.
The problem is that I cannot log it in South Africa. Please may assist by providing me with the names of Nigerians entities that i can log this case at.
Lets exercise our rights and held our leaders accountable
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 11:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
David2O:

2.2 billion spent on prayer, lol you made my day.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by happy200(m): 11:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:
In South Africa if the state entity can report wrong statistics .
We report that entity and justice department will deal with it decisively.

Hence most of you don’t approve this 8%, i wanna log a case against NBS.
The problem is that I cannot log it in South Africa. Please may assist by providing me with the names of Nigerians entities that i can log this case at.
Lets exercise our rights and held our leaders accountable
No Nigerian will even support you, they don't care about that. Watch even if police abuse any Nigerian in South Africa they won't report him to any one cos they have never experienced a working and trusted government in their entire life. But we are experiencing little changes now. Started after Covid-19 era.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by David2O(m): 11:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
happy200:
The truth is Nigerians don't care about government's data, this is coming from a South African, people who know what data mean.
Well, let me assume that the Statistician assumed that almost all population have a job whether it's legit or not (e.g cyber fraud) with only few doing nothing at all.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by happy200(m): 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
David2O:
Well, let me assume that the Statistician assumed that almost all population have a job whether it's legit or not (e.g cyber fraud) with only few doing nothing at all.
hahahahaha maybe just maybe. They can put whatsoever they want into consideration.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by jom28gy(m): 11:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
That's foreign based report, they can under report the situation in Nigeria
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Etinosa1234: 1:28am On Nov 13, 2020
zhike:

No my friend, check Nigeria govt sites is 8%
It’s 20% when I checked
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by BIGGESThead6: 5:28am On Nov 13, 2020
NigerDeltaIgbos:

Believe Nigeria's statistics at your own peril. No be NBS again? A burue that will claim Osun has the least poverty rate in Nigeria shouldn't be taken seriously grin grin grin grin grin grin

IMO STATE alone houses over 40% of the entire unemployed people in Nigeria. Over 95% of the people in Imo State are unemployed. grin

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Bankalert(m): 6:42am On Nov 13, 2020
cjrane:

grin grin
Nigerian federal government does not understand the concept of data as something that is required for planning.

Any data from Nigerian government is merely cooked up numbers written on paper by semi illiterates simply to further the government's claim.
true
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by riches4me(m): 6:44am On Nov 13, 2020
Q. Why is NBS statistical releases always difficult to understand
A. They are always in riddles.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by juman(m): 6:45am On Nov 13, 2020
Millimann:
Which kain 8%? Maybe they wanted to say 80%

Gbam
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by femi4: 8:05am On Nov 13, 2020
In their dreams

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 8:25am On Nov 13, 2020
happy200:
No Nigerian will even support you, they don't care about that. Watch even if police abuse any Nigerian in South Africa they won't report him to any one cos they have never experienced a working and trusted government in their entire life. But we are experiencing little changes now. Started after Covid-19 era.
Am sorry to hear that, but happy to know that things started to change after Covid 19 crisis.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Millimann: 8:25am On Nov 13, 2020
zhike:

For more info, please see below link:
https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/NGA/nigeria/unemployment-rate

Note: USA unemployment rate is 7%

Well, Nigerians are naturally hardworking and would take up any job just to be engaged. Let's say they are majorly under-employed.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 8:28am On Nov 13, 2020
David2O:
Lol, statistician is not supposed to assume.
There Is quick ways to get this data, they can get this data from labour dept, tax services, etc
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 8:30am On Nov 13, 2020
jom28gy:
That's foreign based report, they can under report the situation in Nigeria
What is the advantage of having a foreign and local report.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 8:32am On Nov 13, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Disregard Rumours Of Disagreement Between Obiano, Soludo- APGA / Asari Dokubo Don Buy Market, We Warned Him To Leave Nnamdi Kanu Alone. See What / Bandits Sack 15 Communities In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.