Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate (5928 Views)

We Are Surprised Makinde Did This For Islam Despite Being A Christian’ / We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International / South Africans Are Surprised That Buhari Is Going UK Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 4:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
NewsRoom 405 reported that unemployment rate in Nigeria is 8%.
Most viewers called and they were surprised With the low unemployment rate of Nigeria, because unemployment rate of South Africa is 30%.

Viewers were asking this questions:
1. Why Nigerians are running around the world looking for work while there is low unemployment rate in Nigeria

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Golan007: 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2020
grin
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Kriss216: 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
Unemployment rate in Nigeria is over 98.9857%!

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by NigerDeltaIgbos: 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:
Most viewers called and they were surprised With the low unemployment rate of Nigeria, because unemployment rate of South Africa is 30%.

1. Why Nigerians are running around the world looking for work while there is low unemployment rate in Nigeria

Believe Nigeria's statistics at your own peril. No be NBS again? A burue that will claim Osun has the least poverty rate in Nigeria shouldn't be taken seriously grin grin grin grin grin grin

34 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
Kriss216:
Nah unemployment us basically low ..but underemployment is super high

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Millimann: 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
Which kain 8%? Maybe they wanted to say 80%

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by shugabasbn: 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nigeria own is not about unemployment but mal-employment where graduates go home with 20k per month and Msc with 30k,PhD with 50-70k with inhuman working condition.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by IamWonderful: 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
NigerDeltaIgbos:

Believe Nigeria's statistics at your own peril. No be NBS again? A burue that will claim Osun has the least poverty rate in Nigeria shouldn't be taken seriously grin grin grin grin grin grin
I am sure God didn't create people like this, it is hatred and bitterness talking in you, not God created being

4 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Okoroawusa: 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
I think what is high in Nigeria is underemployment. A Nigerian can do any job to survive.

3 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Canvass: 5:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
Because we are cosmopolitan in nature. Dig that?

I won't any South-African the pleasure of mocking even the most useless Nigerian ever.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
The media is filled with fake news and manipulation

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2020
Kriss216:
No my friend, check Nigeria govt sites is 8%
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2020
NigerDeltaIgbos:

������, Nigeria Bureau of statistics should be independent from government so that it can give us accurate data.

6 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by SMI2020: 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
wereh, who be d person weh omit the '9' from the 98%??
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 7:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igbochief001:

Nah unemployment us basically low ..but underemployment is super high
Thanks for this comment

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

grin grin grin grin sarcasm at it peak!!!

Even South Africans know say this Buhari's regime is characterize by propaganda, lies and deceit

Hence their question

Correct People

3 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2020
Millimann:
Which kain 8%? Maybe they wanted to say 80%
For more info, please see below link:
https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/NGA/nigeria/unemployment-rate

Note: USA unemployment rate is 7%
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
SMI2020:
grin cheesy grin my belle oo grin

3 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 7:12pm On Nov 12, 2020
shugabasbn:
Nigeria own is not about unemployment but mal-employment where graduates go own with 20k per month and Msc with 30k,PhD with 50-70k with inhuman working condition.
Is it Possible for a person with Phd not to have work in Nigeria.
About salaries, that one is caused by economy of the country.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
IamWonderful:
I am sure God didn't create people like this, it is hatred and bitterness talking in you, not God created being
My friend allow other people to express their opinions, don’t judge them because you are not entitled to.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 7:17pm On Nov 12, 2020
Okoroawusa:
I think what is high in Nigeria is underemployment. A Nigerian can do any job to survive.
If Nigerians can do any job to survive, who is doing the work that you studied for or wishing to do.
Surely there is a lot of professional jobs, that needs employees in Nigeria
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
Canvass:
Because we are cosmopolitan in nature. Dig that?

I won't any South-African the pleasure of mocking even the most useless Nigerian ever.
Stop starting fights, where there is no fights.
We are trying to build Africa to be the best place.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Canvass: 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

Stop starting fights, where there is no fights.
We are trying to build Africa to be the best place.

Okay. Hope the intention is pure. If it is, then I'm open to building a greater Africa. Given the past xenophobic attacks, I just need to be wary.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
The media is filled with fake news and manipulation
Which one is fake news?
Can you give us accurate news?
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2020
SMI2020:
According to your general judgement Of Nigeria do you think 8% is real
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Scream(m): 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2020
The f*cking government has muscled its way to control of NBS, the office now now screwed, f*cked up stats are now being pushed like drug addicts, only God knows how far they will degrade the country before they f*cked off and get f*cked by the devil himself! Ndi anuofia!
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

grin grin grin grin sarcasm at it peak!!!

Even South Africans know say this Buhari's regime is characterize by propaganda, lies and deceit

Hence their question

Correct People
Yes, South Africans are asking these questions and I decided to post on this forum so that i can hear what will Nigerians say.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by Druggey(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2020
its 80% Buhari paid them to remove the zero. BTW who are the 98% that are fuckin employed? cool
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by cjrane: 7:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
zhike:

grin grin
Nigerian federal government does not understand the concept of data as something that is required for planning.

Any data from Nigerian government is merely cooked up numbers written on paper by semi illiterates simply to further the government's claim.
Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2020
Canvass:

Okay. Hope the intention is pure. If it is, then I'm open to building a greater Africa. Given the past xenophobic attacks, I just need to be wary.
Thanks for understanding.
Xenophobia will always be there in South Africa until other African countries are able to standup by themselves.
South African government committed to help Mozambique to fight Islam attacks.
South Africa is also committed to help Zimbabwe to rebuild its economy.
South Africa is doing this to stop the influx of illegal immigrant in SA.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate by zhike: 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
Scream:
The f*cking government has muscled its way to control of NBS, the office now now screwed, f*cked up stats are now being pushed like drug addicts, only God knows how far they will degrade the country before they f*cked off and get f*cked by the devil himself! Ndi anuofia!
Thanks for this information.
According to most democratic constitutions, statistics is not supposed to fall under government, Is supposed to be autonomous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Delegates Crying Over Fake Dollars / Nigeria Spends N98 Trillion Importing Food Between 2007 And 2011 / Senate Confirms Aloma Muktar 1st Female Chief Justice Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.