Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? (24131 Views)

The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months / Your Faithful Wife Will Fvck Other Men When You Are Broke For A Long Time / 10 Things Ladies Consider Physically Attractive In Men: Try No 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 13, 2020
SweetCunt97:
But Bros hustle hard sha. Money is indeed important if not, Ruth for Bible no go sleep for Boaz feet like pussycat. Every woman wants a man who can provide security for d family and offcourse she'll b there to support.
Aunty go and make your money! tongue tongue

Lol... Anyways, I'm a lady and I maintain, a lady without job should get one and not relationship! grin

2 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
Just when I thought you had sense... I'm a lady. So what's your point?
No point lady. Lol
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by CHoccolaTE: 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2020
Magnoliaa:

And this is what people try to attribute feminism to: saying it caused women to be working double-shifts, to shoot themselves in the legs, and be cheated...

I don't believe that. I see conservative women trying to appropriate liberal ideals. They want to be financially-contributing submissive women or something like that...

They don't want to be judged as leeches and they don't want to be seen as (being) <too> progressive. *shrugs*

@bold,

That is such stupidly pathetic behaviour and its done to please males that are typically selfish and self centered.

3 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
Aunty go and make your money! tongue tongue

Lol... Anyways, I'm a lady and I maintain, a lady without job should get one and not relationship! grin
So a student should wait until she get job before going into a relationship? I'm a fvcking realist. So all this useless talks and arguments won't even change anything.

What in hell gave u d idea that I ain't making my own money sef? Abi u go just dey assume like illiterate.

Abi who una wan impress with all this comment sef?

2 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2020
pocohantas:

Oh some are, especially in LDRs. Imagine being in Lagos and your partner is in Abuja or PH. Every time you want to see them, you have to budget 60k for flight alone. Isn’t that an expensive prick/pussy?
Oga some women travel outside the country to enjoy what are you saying abeg.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2020
.young male folks are the curse of these somehow
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
vickydevoka:
If na Igbo gals. She no go reason am at all. Unless she don turn 40
I like Igbo girls die but they will never give me to marry.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by jaydeevaa(f): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
I think these days, being a financially independent lady is now a crime. you're trying to date or dating an average guy, and all he does is ask you for money. it's exasperating
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by tosinhtml: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
pocohantas:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Werey!!!

Your mum will start serving you rice and stew with two plates. cheesy

You gerrit, all of a sudden they start asking for your opinions in family meetings.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by pocohantas(f): 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
jaydeevaa:
I think these days, being a financially independent lady is now a crime. you're trying to date or dating an average guy, and all he does is ask you for money. it's exasperating

We are not ready for this conversation. Abuja guys are on this table. It is like once they start wearing that cap on their heads- problem! grin

tosinhtml:

You gerrit, all of a sudden they start asking for your opinions in family meetings.

E good make person get money sha, at least enough not to burden the next person.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

OK so I hope you will be willing to follow scripture and submit to your husbands authority completely after marriage? Do that while also paying his bills and contributing to his upkeep. All while you are bearing his surname and all your kids bore through 9 months of hardship and hours of labour belong to his family and his lineage. grin
You share provision which is his major responsibility

Does he share leadership with you?
Does he share pregnancies and Labour and breastfeeding?
Does he let some of your kids bear your own name?
Does he think he is equally responsible for housework, cooking and childcare etc?

And I wonder why you lot will prefer to believe what goes on in your heads alone and not what's real. Quick question? Does your husband pay All the bills in the house? If yes! Are you in a Master- slave relationship /marriage?
Do you do all the chores in the house?
Does he shut you up everytime?
Is your voice never heard in the house?
Do you not work?
Are you caged in the house?
Are you treated as a intimacy gadget?
Does your opinion not count?

I wonder why you all monetize everything though, so because you bear his surname, carry your own babies, breast your own child, you should be paid? The foolishness in your mentality is that most of you still work 9-5 jobs everyday but come here to claim nonsense!

"9 months to bear a child into his lineage" see nonsense talk, were you forced to marry him? Is the child not yours too? Damn! This is so sick!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Lucyspa: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
Madam calm down! If you have too many chores to do, get a maid! You see that's what we are talking about, make your money so you can make life easier for yourself. No one is undermining women's role in the family.

We are talking about relationship,the first stage before getting married.A lady who can't pay her own bills shouldn't be thinking of getting into a relationship but getting a job. its very simple.

Ok ooo. That is for you then and all the other independent women out there.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Lucyspa: 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

When they get married their eyes go clear.
Is it not Nigerian men?
The men will still expect them to continue being independent in marriage.
They will remind you that you were taking care of yourself before marriage so why are you now turning into someone else?

Miss independent, miss independent, that's how they will marry a stingy man that has no interest in providing for them or a man that expects his wife to be obedient submissive slave and co-provider.

Look at the lamentations of these two women that were doing miss independence before marriage grin

https://www.nairaland.com/6173928/life-story#94833128

https://www.nairaland.com/6173928/life-story/1#95793133

Sis, leave them. Dem go soon hear word.

2 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by jaydeevaa(f): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
pocohantas:

We are not ready for this conversation. Abuja guys are on this table. It is like once they start wearing that cap on their heads- problem! grin

I am scared of telling a prospective boyfriend that I work in a bank because they end up doing "beggie beggie"...they also begin to need 2k urgently grin

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Kinkykinky: 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Lies. A lady can be broke and still function good in a relationship. It's even unreasonable to say people should b well financially before relationship so I no get y the discussion sef.

Doofus.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Kinkykinky: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2020
Lucyspa:

So u mean to say that a woman really has no value except when she pays bills. Gosh.... I'm so pissed. So all those invaluable things such as cooking, cleaning, birthing children and even taking care of them is really nothing till i split bills. Who brainwashed we women like this? . The reality of today's world especially in Nigeria is that a woman has to set a home running at a fast pace of 80% while a man can chip in a miserly 20%. I keep going on the internet to see different miserable standards set by men and women holding on to the standards to show how independent they really are. I pity for u lots. Let men keep shifting the only responsibility they have been accorded to you, u hear? Keep proving how much of a robot u are. The funny thing is that in all this clamour for financial equality on both parties, i have never seen where men are asked to be actively involved in chores. So as a woman, u are expected to change ur surname, cook, clean, birth children, take care of them and still split bills. Wow. Weldone to all the super women out there. Y'all rewards are in heaven #notformethough.

Dolt.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Kinkykinky: 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2020
WoundedLamb:
I'm not a lady but I think they should. I mean, it's really a problem if you don't have transport to meet up with your guy at a preplanned location.

Flawed mindset.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
SweetCunt97:
So a student should wait until she get job before going into a relationship? I'm a fvcking realist. So all this useless talks and arguments won't even change anything.

What in hell gave u d idea that I ain't making my own money sef? Abi u go just dey assume like illiterate.

Abi who una wan impress with all this comment sef?
If they have nothing to offer other than their vee... It's for their own good.

Lol... That was intended as a joke, you told me to go make money, I did same. cheesy

Another problem there, nah you I wan impress nah!

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
Lol... If I had listed names would I have to add their home addresses and contact line so you would confirm their "feminists" status? Perhaps you would have requested screenshots of ladies begging for alms and also evidences of receipts transport fare, hair bills, lingeries bills or food bills men pay for leeches too. Since in your perfect feminazi world these things don't happen.

No, naa. Just to buttress your claims. You said it. Me, I have never seen. So it's on you to bring the proofs. I only want a narration. A story or real-life example shared of a feminist shifting responsibilities off her shoulders. Just type here... Where we can read. SAY how they've been feminists, too. (I know a girl, she said, she was...)

You could reference some (popular) social media feminists, their posts and the contradictions of the course they fight, roles they've chosen to not take on: it seems to me you know them so well.

It's easy for people to say feminists are fake online, but how is not so easy to say online?

No man has even come out to narrate his experiences with a feminist that doesn't take responsibilities.

WHAT are the responsibilities they shrink from?

Woman, if I say I don't want to go into a topic, it's because I don't see it necessary bring such topics up, giving some guys here something to laugh on. If that fact flew over your head, I'm not surprised your brain can't process what's happening in your environment.

Woman? Flew over my head? Brain can't process? You don't have to be rude.

You have always derided feminists—you don't identify as one and of dem other women, I don't see why you should not want to give guys a reason to mock Us.

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by CHoccolaTE: 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
And I wonder why you lot will prefer to believe what goes on in your heads alone and not what's real. Quick question? Does your husband pay All the bills in the house? If yes! Are you in a Master- slave relationship /marriage?
Do you do all the chores in the house?
Does he shut you up everytime?
Is your voice never heard in the house?
Do you not work?
Are you caged in the house?
Are you treated as a intimacy gadget?
Does your opinion not count?

I wonder why you all monetize everything though, so because you bear his surname, carry your own babies, breast your own child, you should be paid? The foolishness in your mentality is that most of you still work 9-5 jobs everyday but come here to claim nonsense!

"9 months to bear a child into his lineage" see nonsense talk, were you forced to marry him? Is the child not yours too? Damn! This is so sick!

Oga enjoy your thread Abeg, I knew you will definitely find a way to justify what you have been writing even if it doesn't make sense.

4 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by pocohantas(f): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2020
jaydeevaa:

I am scared of telling a prospective boyfriend that I work in a bank because they end up doing "beggie beggie"...they also begin to need 2k urgently grin

Lol. This issue has always been there. That is why person suppose do this thing with sense. No go do independent woman wound yourself o. grin
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Oga enjoy your thread Abeg, I knew you will definitely find a way to justify what you have been writing even if it doesn't make sense.

If there's anyone not making sense and would love to remain that way, it is you. Learn to be open minded.

Have a nice night rest!
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by CHoccolaTE: 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
If there's anyone not making sense and would love to remain that way, it is you. Learn to be open minded.

Have a nice night rest!

Fvck off.

4 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Fvck off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by CHoccolaTE: 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2020
Lucyspa:

Sis, leave them. Dem go soon hear word.

Honestly, when they get married their mumu eyes go clear grin

4 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2020
Honestly the subject of discourse isn't as choking as you ladies are making it seem... Have your own money! Don't buy boxers for a guy who celebrated you big, don't feel entitled to a guy's pocket, be a Queen to a King. Y'all just have a way of mixing things up. grin

Funny enough most of you claiming nonsense share bills with husband, some even shoulder all financial responsibilities offline but will come here to form trophy wives misleading young minds. grin

Wahala dey for who no get joy for house ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by kaniska: 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2020
Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Excellent choice of colors! follow.com grin
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Lightangel65: 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2020
You guys always complain, if ladies are toobroke then stop dating them or date a lady who is not broke.
If you keep dating broke ladies and spending for them when no one is forcing you or mind controlling you then don't complain. You are complaining of something yet agreeing to it is that not plain stupidity

2 Likes

Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2020
jaydeevaa:

Auntie I love you, I want to marry you, I can wash pa*t, and do house chores.
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2020
Lightangel65:
You guys always complain, if ladies are toobroke then stop dating them or date a lady who is not broke.
If you keep dating broke ladies and spending for them when no one is forcing you or mind controlling you then don't complain. You are complaining of something yet agreeing to it is that not plain stupidity
This one miss road entirely....

Ki lan so, kilo n wi. grin
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2020
[quote author=Palema007 post=96011978][/quote]
grin grin
Re: Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? by Lightangel65: 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2020
Palema007:
This one miss road entirely....

Ki lan so, kilo n wi. grin

Who is this clown

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Crush / “Look Good And Attractive If You Want Your Boyfriend Or Hubby To Stop Cheating” / 27 Things You Need To Know About Courtship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.