Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" (37988 Views)

Picture Of Joe Biden And A Group Of Women / Inauguration Of Joe Biden As US President (Live Video) / Biography & Profile Of Joe Biden, US President-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by olujastro: 5:16pm On Nov 16, 2020
sweettease:

Conspiracy theorist aiye grin... wehdone sir
As in ehn.
Oyibo go dey invent new technologies to make the world a better place, while Nigerians no go invent anything, instead na to dey invent conspiracy theories to link the hard-earned oyibo inventions to things like ...mark of the beast and many other stupid conspiracies.
I tire for the mentality of my people, especially Nigerians living in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by salford: 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2020
olujastro:

As in ehn.
Oyibo go dey invent new technologies to make the world a better place, while Nigerians no go invent anything, instead na to dey invent conspiracy theories to link the hard-earned oyibo inventions to things like ...mark of the beast and many other stupid conspiracies.
I tire for the mentality of my people, especially Nigerians living in Nigeria.
grin grin grin
The oyinbos that also buy into the conspiracy theory Bullshyte are majorly the uneducated ones.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Bluntemperor: 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2020
chatinent:
Yawns.

Joe Biden-he has seen it all! As Senator for many years and as VP during Barrack Obama,now President Elect.
Coming strong to make America the best place to be!
Wish him and the Vice the best of reign.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by olujastro: 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2020
salford:

grin grin grin
The oyinbos that also buy into the conspiracy theory Bullshyte are majorly the uneducated ones.
Yes oh, like my former landlady.
She votes for Trump because Trump is for Christians grin

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2020
PoliteActivist:

Stop arguing with that guy.
That's exactly how her parents met - civil rights!
They were both attending black students meeting planning civil rights demonstrations. THAT'S HOW THEY MET!

yeah, they were jumping in the civil right movements and their eyes met and they fell in love and got married grin grin
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by PoliteActivist: 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2020
salford:

I stopped arguing with him. He keeps going round in circles. He is stubborn and would keep going at it. It's easy to sit down in Nigeria and argue about an experience that he or she has never been part of. grin

Me too. He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. He doesn't even know Kamala's parents took her in a stroller on civil rights protests and that her mum met MLK

2 Likes

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by codemaniacs: 6:02pm On Nov 16, 2020
zz
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by ProfOkai: 6:04pm On Nov 16, 2020
OfficialAwol:
CNN acting the script given them since decision was made to move against Trump.

Maybe it escaped your eyes, but sometimes in early February when USA was just registering its first coronavirus case, a Nairalnder made a comment that Trump will lose reelection because of Coronavirus.

I dismissed it then because I thought America might not be as hard hit as it presently is but I guess I was wrong.

There are many secret agents here on this forum who are privy to so many classified information and I'm sure that guy was aware of something we didn't know.

Again, I'm of the view that Pfizer deliberately delayed announcement of their vaccine to make sure Trump loses. Or why did they make the announcement just barely one week after the elections.

The forces against Trump prepared for him long ago. And these guys are not just after Trump, they are after something more.

You are right.
I made that observation and person I was talking with couldnt see it...

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by payloader(m): 6:09pm On Nov 16, 2020
Obama used the same colour deception to almost destroy America. Now, he's back in the person of Joe Biden, to complete what he started. A straight forward, truth talking, howbeit, trash-talking undeplomatic Trump is better than a flattering Joe Biden.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Urukpe: 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

This is laughable. And stop reading trash carved by political journalists

An Indian considered black in America grin grin

Where is that one possible.

Indians will identify as blacks, you must be joking.

Kamala Harris mum is the fair hindu Indian from the Brahmins cast.

You are talking like someone who is not from Africa because of politics. Kamala father is a black man from Jamaica and her mother an Indian, that makes her a black woman irrespective of who raise her. In America, if one of your direct parent is a black person then you are black.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 16, 2020
SilverNorGold:
emkz, RexTramadol1, thebosstrevor1, Tadeknkeepcalm, J111333 and codemaniacs combining forces to fight awulio.. Nawa o.. awulio deserves an award.. She dun try... 6 Alpha Males vs 1 Manipulative Woman.. Let's see how this ends... grin

May God bless Nigeria. cheesy
I'm not an alpha male o. I'm a lone wolf. The rest know what they're disputing about. As do I
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Urukpe: 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

I am not a Nigerian negro and i am not a negro.

Her dad is black doesn't mean she is black, the culture she was trained in matters alot.

Her mum is Hindu and trained her as a hindu.

Her blackness matters only when there is election to seek the black vote.

Harris attended schools with majority-White populations from elementary school through high school.

After graduation from Howard she went back to California to her white space.

Please what make someone black? I need clarification. Let say Your father is yoruba and mother igbo, does that mean you are igbo only and not yoruba?
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Urukpe: 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

85% should be around 3.0 gpa. That is fair result result, i am sure someone got 4.0 gpa.

Why did you have to take a diversity scholarship, if you were so smart.

You of all people know that a diversity scholarship reduces the requirement needed for minorities when gaining admission into a school

You really don't understand America system, please don't mix things up.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by codemaniacs: 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2020
Urukpe:

Please what make someone black? I need clarification. Let say Your father is yoruba and mother igbo, does that mean you are igbo only and not yoruba?

that means the person is half yoruba and half igbo... and the person can disguise when to act like a yoruba person to gain favors from yoruba and also act like igbo to gain favors from igbo.

you can't use Nigeria to compare... because in the U.S been black means been black american which is suppose to be like been a yoruba person or belonging to a tribe known as black american..

but black americans are not treated as a tribe, it is treated as an identity that anyone who is not wh:ite or euro-american can use for their benefits, that's one of the reasons a Nigerian/ a chinese/ an indian/ a jamaican born in the U.S can take opportunities meant for black americans.

black americans are people who have ancestors that went through slavery in the U.S.A..
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Urukpe: 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2020
codemaniacs:

that means the person is half yoruba and half igbo... and the person can disguise when to act like a yoruba person to gain favors from yoruba and also act like igbo to gain favors from igbo.

you can't use Nigeria to compare... because in the U.S been black means been black american which is suppose to be like been a yoruba person or belonging to a tribe known as black american..

but black americans are not treated as a tribe, it is treated as an identity that anyone who is not wh:ite or euro-american can use for their benefits, that's one of the reasons a Nigerian/ a chinese/ an indian/ a jamaican born in the U.S can take opportunities meant for black americans.

black americans are people who have ancestors that went through slavery in the U.S.A..

In America any black person is considered African American. There is no distinction, a negro is a negro. Kamala father is also s descendant of slave.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by codemaniacs: 6:58pm On Nov 16, 2020
zz
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nostradamus1: 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2020
Dreambeat:
I think it should be Ka-anyi- mala na Chukwu bu eze. grin grin grin
Ijiya nwoke m.
We never forget the power of God in our Igbo names

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by chatinent: 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2020
enemyofprogress:
wetin you wan chop?
Spag. �
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nostradamus1: 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2020
divinecode101:

Trump is no longer coming to bomb the whole of the north and kill all the yeroba Muslims?
I look like IPOB for your eye ?
I am Igbo nothing else
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2020
Urukpe:

You really don't understand America system, please don't mix things up.

Shut up.

What is the American system

85% is 3.0gpa in the so called American system

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
it doesn't mean anything

The more they try to create diversity instead of merit, the more disaster they create.

The more they try to please everyone, the more they please no one and create lot of conflict.

Diversity is a scam.

Geee look at all the merit your country has created
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by zoghys: 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2020
OfficialAwol:

Maybe it escaped your eyes, but sometimes in early February when USA was just registering its first coronavirus case, a Nairalnder made a comment that Trump will lose reelection because of Coronavirus.

I dismissed it then because I thought America might not be as hard hit as it presently is but I guess I was wrong.

There are many secret agents here on this forum who are privy to so many classified information and I'm sure that guy was aware of something we didn't know.

Again, I'm of the view that Pfizer deliberately delayed announcement of their vaccine to make sure Trump loses. Or why did they make the announcement just barely one week after the elections.

The forces against Trump prepared for him long ago. And these guys are not just after Trump, they are after something more.

Such a despicable comment. Trump lost because because of his divisive nature. He's just not potus material, and that's a fact.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by OfficialAwol(m): 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2020
Olominira:

Really? You're just knowing this? There's no major superpower including serious nations from Africa that dont have agents here.
Tip;
They use local names or names that sounds local, and make posts that are distinct.

They actually don't make post but online, and when they do it, it's done probably at middle of the night or early hours depend on location.
I may take time and single those posts and OPs later but now take a look at one of them working for a nation's intelligence OLAADEGBU

Thank you for the heads up.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by engrchykae(m): 10:04pm On Nov 16, 2020
OfficialAwol:

my dear, USA is highly predictable,I quoted one Trump fan that Trump will lose election because of the following.
1.he is not representing the decisions of the NWO properly.he is not treating LGBT as the NWO expected him.obama did better.
2.the foundation of USA was patterned after ancient Rome whereby resources both human and material from all over the world are brought in to build Rome.but Trump wants to build walls.
He failed to cut china to size,the Democrats are more effective in using diplomacy to destroy their enemies, Obama signed a deal with Iran knowing that the mad man that will take over will not honor the deal,the real war with China just started,if China survive what will come their way,then they must emerge new world power.

1 Like

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by PureNigerian: 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

i wonder, when it is election time kamala is black but her herself does not identify as black but Indian American

You have to lie to make your point.
She says she is black
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by engrchykae(m): 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2020
emkz:
"I am not down with this description "people of colour". It is derogatory IMV. So the people who are describing others as people of colour are not people of colour themselves? Same people who pronounce Iran as Hi-ran and Iraq as Hi-raq instead of Hee-ran and Hee-raq, respectively. And I do not believe "people of colour" should be given jobs because they are "people of colour", but given jobs because they are the best for the jobs. And I certainly don't expect CNN to make any news of it, it makes it seem as though they are being done a favour. I am not a person if colour, I am a person: I will treat you as a human being because that is what you are. Your skin is something you'd discard at death and is not of prime imporance."
it seems CNN is owned by terrible people,the powers that be.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 16, 2020
PureNigerian:

You have to lie to make your point.
She says she is black

Yeah, she is black only on election day
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by PoliteActivist: 10:31pm On Nov 16, 2020
codemaniacs:

her culture, her experience may be black American but she is not black american and will never do anything to empower black americans...

the same way a non-yoruba woman whose culture and experience are yoruba, who becomes a senator in Lagos will rather give empowerment to people of her ethnicity is the same h:arris will rather empower more indians than black americans, africans, jamaicans e.t.c..

a child born and raised in US to 9ja parents will end up giving empowerment to fellow Nigerians and not black americans..

So why was Obama (actually the right person you can argue was not fully BA) not busy empowering Kenyans. How about all these children born and raised in diaspora.
Even whites came from elsewhere. How many of them do u see empowering their home country.
Also the only child born to both Kamala and her sister is married to an Igbo boy. So much for India! U can say they are now Igbo, but they are not - they are black Americans.

Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by 9japride(m): 12:11am On Nov 17, 2020
Sirmwill:

Nah
She was announced as the first African-American vice president elect

Use Google and see
[color=#006600][/color]

Not African-American but preferably Asian-American. Her dad is Jamaican, while her mom is Indian. A lot of media household keep referring to her as black. Not cool with me though.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by 9japride(m): 12:13am On Nov 17, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

i wonder, when it is election time kamala is black but her herself does not identify as black but Indian American
[color=#006600][/color]

You are right. Its politics just to gather black votes. Majority of politicians are all the same lies and deceit just to get the office . I doubt if she's a good person. Make we sidon dey watch.
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 17, 2020
Dreadful:

Your eyes go soon clear.
Ask yourself this question...
Why are the Republicans winning more states in the House of representatives? grin grin
The constitution will push the election to the house of representatives!
Are you aware that Nancy Pelosi wrote a letter to the HoR tasking them on the need for them to win the majority of the States? You know why?
The answer is the constitution!
Are you aware that Hillary publicly told Biden not to concede if he loses? You know why?
The answer is the same constitution.
What do you Nigerians know, you just follow the news upandan.
Let me not delve in deeper!
By now you ought to have known why Trump keep saying.... "We Will Win!!"
Last night he even tweeted, he won the election because he knows what is going to play out through the constitution.

your mentor, savior and lord just accepted via twitter
more republicans are accepting
but you...all the way in Nigeria, thinks otherwise...ok now
Re: About 50% Of Joe Biden's Transition Team Composed Of "People Of Colour" by awulio(f): 2:49am On Nov 17, 2020
It’s funny how someone who’s never lived in America or schooled here will teach me about race issues.
Lol dude your funny. Last time I checked the african American population at Yale was less than 5%. You claim affirmative action but how does that help? African Americans have been able to compete against their white counter parts and always lost even with similar marks. But again you don’t live here so you have no idea what actually goes on here. Nigerians need to learn to stay out of things that don’t concern them. You watch movies and think you know us

thebosstrevor1:

If you don't have a victim mentality, you wont claim black people have to work harder to prove a point.

Only people with victim mentality blame white people fir their problems.

Black people get affirmative action to get into yale and other ivy league schools ,nothing special. Where they lower the standards for them to be admitted.

And the lawsuit you mentioned wasn't about black ans white but against discrimination against Asians who were put in high standards for them to be admitted to yale.

Yale violated civil rights law by using race as a “determinative factor” in its admissions process, alleging it disadvantaged Asian American and white applicants.

All persons who apply for admission to colleges and universities should expect and know that they will be judged by their character, talents, and achievements and not the color of their skin.

If thesw rule is applied many black people wont be stepping foot in yale.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Trump Says Putin's Invasion Plan Was A Genius / Doctors Raise Concerns Over Queen's Health. Family Members Rush To Balmoral / UK Weather: London Flooding Engulfs Homes After A Month’s Rain Falls In 1hr(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.