Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? (61114 Views)

Should I Arrest & Sue My Brother-in-law For This? I Need Advice / Men, Can You Overlook This If You Find Your Wife Being Held This Way At The Gym? / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
CalliDora1:

Lol..@bolded.. I don't blame you. Poco don give you something talk, shey? 2k kor. Why would I ask my supposed man for 2k if i want to stock up my pantry? Abi because of small lockdown everyone want to dey reason themselves anyhow? please don't reason me like that.
shut up your tramp ,you told someone during the lockdown that you have not eaten for 3 days ...did I just hear you say LOCKDOWN ..make I ask you e get who this lockdown no affect stupid girl? I can bet my balls that you never bothered to ask him if he has eaten ,since you can be so wicked to lie to him that you have not eaten for 3 days

6 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by ITL: 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
CalliDora1:

Tarnish your image? Who knew who I was talking about until you showed up? You gave yourself away and it breaks my heart.

Ok... What Happened to me before. I stole? Or slept with anyone here? Then let that fellow come and say it. I'm a free person and have nothing to hide so don't know what you're talking about. If you don't like my online personality, simply maintain your lane. What will be will be.

I'm so disappointed you came showing up.

I'm sorry though but I needed some advice and never intended to drag you out, my dear.

STOP ASKING FOR ADVICE HERE! GROW UP

4 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
frankson1:

You should be more disappointed in yourself for bringing it here in the first place knowing fully well that he's on this forum.

It must have been difficult for him to remain silent after reading all your lies.
.... I been think say the girl get sense before sef. Mitchewww

7 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by babakingsto(m): 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
CalliDora1:
Long post. Please bear with me.

This trait seems to be common among some Nairaland men (with apologies to all the men here though) cos I never really experienced such attitude with men ive met offline. So don't know whether they have a nairaland men's association (not the red pillars or mgtow kinda thing though) where they agree to behave likesome. The way they reason sometimes just baffles me.

Ok. So, I met someone here as a friend and I wanted it to stay that way. Along the line, he wanted more than just friendship but I just kept dodging because I don't want any issues as he's a good friend (a born again) and I like our friendly chats and all that. So didn't want anything serious that could jeopardize that but he kept pressing on and stressing until I naturally began to feel relaxed (against my wish) you know how that constant checking on someone tends to make one want to compromise their Stance. So I sort of got trapped.

Now here's the issue. He would always want to know about my biz and job. If I went or not. So I decided to test him. He would always call and ask if I've eaten. So that day, I said no (was fasting) but didn't want to divulge it to him that I was fasting. He called later in the day and asked again, I said I've not eaten, he dropped. I now felt he prolly thought I wanted him to feed me huh??.. I observed he reduced his calls. Third day he called and asked again, I said no. And he said "na wa o" I was like why, he said I'm sorry I can't help. Huh?? I don't remember asking him so I decided to play along. He called in the evening, I still said I've not eaten ( cos I had not broken my fast then) and he said I'm sorry ( I was just laughing within). I asked him, for what? he said because he couldn't help. And since then he stopped calling only to chat after a week to ask if the biz I was pursuing was through. I ignored him and for two months no contact.

Just last night he chatted me up again asking if I've resumed work and I said yes. he then asked if he's free to call me bla bla. And since last night hes been trying to keep up chats but I'm kinda cold towards him and he asked why I'm so cold. Acting like nothing happened.

Now, this is what I feel. so if someone is truly dying of hunger (God forbid) you'll abandon the fellow? or that they can't date someone who's biz is shaky or has not resumed work due to a global crises that affected everyone? I'm not saying anybody should carry someone else's burden ( there was really no burden anywhere as God has been faithful.) but I don't understand what actually played out there and why he's all of a sudden interested again after learning I've resumed work. I don't just understand because I don't want to be rude. Was that a right thing?

I'm really confused here because.. I mean.. I never asked you to help me with anything but being there would have been enough. Calling and chatting would have helped me scale through the bordom I felt that period of compulsory break from work and biz but he went into Oblivion even when I never placed any demands on him.

I bow to men and the way they reason o.

You starved him effective communication because u refused stating ur reasons not eating for d day.
Have u asked urself his past relationship and what happened if der was one?
Ur interest was put him to test and u felt he failed? No, you failed cos u lost him.

Do u ever have idea of civil servant allowances in a month? Did u ask him?
Do u ever kw abt his family background?

You just admitted u work with private sectors and him civil servant.

Financially u are better of in ds regards and u came up with i have nt eaten?
My surprise is dt he asked u 3times, girl u denied him honest feedback. Dts very bad of u.
That guy might not mean well but honestly he deserves an explanation. Is true love all about money? Is true love all abt flashy tins? Is true love all abt where u work or how much u earn?
Ladies of ds our great country, is time to sit up and re strategize cos men des days have learned a lot from der past mistakes.
So, if u feel u will play with a guy in dt manner, girl u will keep loosing dem cos dts a wrong approach to friendship.
Let me ask u, do u ever think he's nt also starving all d period he asked u dos questions? Did u ever check on him as much as he did?

Use ur tongue and count ur teeth as I rest my case.
@pocohantas, u are a broad reasonable personality. I kw dey won't listen to u even though u are same sex as she is.

8 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Splitmind: 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

There's a mistake in your analysis though.

Why couldn't he wait for her to ask him for feeding money before ghosting her if she truly was into begging?

You think we haven't seen this formation before?

No time to check time abeg.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by lloydoshalee(m): 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
People meet on nairaland? I thought it was just news and trolls
Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
Michdaf:
See, I don't want us to drag this here, pick my calls. you didn't offend me do am not angry with you. you didn't know what I was going through then and I suppose to have told you. My ex arrest me and took to court. I didn't tell all this. And unlike what you think I was ashamed of myself not meeting up with your need then. So don't let us spoil what looks like what is damaged already. Please pick my call or reply my message on WhatsApp

I'm sorry daf. I'm ashamed I can't pick your calls. What do you want me to say? You shouldn't have come here to explain anything. I'm shaking right now daf. I cant. Please im sorry for all this.

Shalom.
Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Sixfeetbelle: 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
omooba969:

He owes her nothing, you guys need to stop your 'entitlement mentality'.

Kílódé gan!

He should not have ghosted her. Simple!

Saying you don't have money to give her to feed is more than enough.
Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

.... And this is exactly where I faulted him. The ghosting.

But she ma Bleep up big time.
Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Michdaf: 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2020
CalliDora1:

I'm sorry daf. I'm ashamed I can't pick your calls. What do you want me to say? You shouldn't have come here to explain anything. I'm shaking right now daf. I cant. Please im sorry for all this.

Shalom.
You don't have to be. I like a quiet life but the way you brought it here was some how. I will chat you up now. let's put what everyone have said in the past.
Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by coolsegun2002: 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2020
kalufelix:
E-shock-you-say-manipulation-withered-before-it-could-germinate...e-shock-you-say-the-guy-no-play-to-your-gallerycheesy...e-shock-you-say-him-no-ask-you-to-send-acct-number...nne-this-thing-really-shock-you....e-shock-you-say-your-sexuality-has-become-inconsequentialcheesy....nne-this-is-2021...change-your-game!

Boys don wake up....on a normal day...na wetin Girls dey do be that, once them see say u no get money... dem go just ghost u....So i no get why the thing dey Shock the babe

12 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Sixfeetbelle: 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2020
brain54:

she said he asked her and she said nothing.

She also said she'd find something to eat.

Ghosting her because she said she hadn't eaten is a dvmb move.

1 Like

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Samchimezie(m): 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
What Actually Is The Motive Of Having Him As A Friend In Your Contact?

Did You Accept Him With Responsibililies Of Taking Care Of You When You've Not Eaten As A Friend?

Smiles! Atleast You Should Appreciate The Fact Of Having Someone Who Checked On you nah.

Aunty, No Conclude Matter When You No Know The Other Person Motive Oh.

E GET WHY.
Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
CalliDora1:

Shalom.
... I don't t know why most of you ladies act before they think.
Now you are shaking? Smh again.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by espn(m): 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
pocohantas:
You are overthinking things.

How can you keep saying you haven’t eaten for 3days without any explanation? Haba! Don’t you know that is Naija babes intro to ask for urgent 2k?

The guy is not psychic to know you were fasting. Whenever I tell a man I haven’t eaten, I always make sure I add the reason (e.g) Busy day, I am trying to watch my intake/weight...etc.

While it wasn’t so nice of him to disappear, we should remember that building relationships is hard in Nigeria because we suspect ourselves too much. Imagine if he kept telling you he is lonely.

It is okay if you want to block him, I just want you to know you are not entirely blameless. It takes time and trust to unlock certain aspects of a friendship...

You get sense...I was waiting for someone sensible enough to comment. Nowadays everyone is suspecting each other based on trust issues.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Decimus: 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
CalliDora1:

My dear. @bolded is my thoughts because he resumed the question this morning again.

Sugar what?.. this person I'm telling you is a MAN as in very mature guy and from all indications he's not a play boy. But why he pulled that stunt at the last minute was what got me upset and worried.

I'm thinking whether to download all he did to him and how I see it or just block him.

I don't want to appear wicked or rude but my interest is no longer there.

How will your blocking him affect him or hinder his progress in life?
It's your phone bruh! Do whatever pleases you.

Perhaps he's trying to avoid the "I need 2k urgently crew" hence the asking about your potential ability to afford three square meals per day and business stability.

1 Like

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Kiezodumah(m): 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2020
pocohantas:
You are overthinking things.

How can you keep saying you haven’t eaten for 3days without any explanation? Haba! Don’t you know that is Naija babes intro to ask for urgent 2k?

The guy is not psychic to know you were fasting. Whenever I tell a man I haven’t eaten, I always make sure I add the reason (e.g) Busy day, I am trying to watch my intake/weight...etc.

While it wasn’t so nice of him to disappear, we should remember that building relationships is hard in Nigeria because we suspect ourselves too much. Imagine if he kept telling you he is lonely.

It is okay if you want to block him, I just want you to know you are not entirely blameless. It takes time and trust to unlock certain aspects of a friendship...

i jst like this Babe, not all the time sha grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Sixfeetbelle: 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2020
Splitmind:

You think we haven't seen this formation before?

No time to check time abeg.

The guy bleeped up by making an assumption. Until the person bills you before you ghost them. That's how these things work.

Okay, if he knew the format, why did he come back? Is he now rich enough to handle her billing?

1 Like

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Decimus: 3:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

How did her feeding become his responsibility?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by KevinDein: 3:46pm On Nov 18, 2020
I just can't believe how unintelligent and unpleasant the op, Callidora1, has been sounding. Her display picture will deceive you into thinking she's one reasonable girl, but damn man, she's just dull as fvck.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by coolsegun2002: 3:46pm On Nov 18, 2020
CalliDora1:

Tarnish your image? Who knew who I was talking about until you showed up? You gave yourself away and it breaks my heart.

Ok... What Happened to me before. I stole? Or slept with anyone here? Then let that fellow come and say it. I'm a free person and have nothing to hide so don't know what you're talking about. If you don't like my online personality, simply maintain your lane. What will be will be.

I'm so disappointed you came showing up.

I'm sorry though but I needed some advice and never intended to drag you out, my dear.

Hey nairanlders come and look at this.....she’s still interested oooo

3 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Psady(m): 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
alexmakaay:

You can't beat a child and expect them not to cry. We learn from experience. Just few days ago, we saw how a guy was dumped by her gf who according to him sponsored her edu in school of nursing. These days, no man wants a liability. It's not about being stingy or poor, it's about what is obtainable in the present society.

Besides, why couldn't you tell him straight away that you are on fast and save yourself all these long talk and stress?? According to what you wrote, you have not met this man, every communication you guys had was just virtual.

My dear, our brother is simply being cautious because you can't tell me you've not eaten for a whole day without reasons and expect me not to be somewhat suspicious of you.

He actually came back, yes! So you can stop being unnecessarily stupid and know he is serious with you.
EXACTLY!!. If I may ask you Op, During all time he didn't call u or chat, Did u try to contact him ,to know why he went on ghostmode? believe me , We men has seen a lot from u ladies,so don't feel too bad the young man is trying not be Stoopid.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
lloydoshalee:
People meet on nairaland? I thought it was just news and trolls

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Munzy14(m): 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
R0kstarr8:
This aunty no well o.. why would u test a guy that way if I'm the one I would even block u why would you say u haven't eaten for days and no reason for it, u wanna bill him.. if he send u money now u will collect abi.. you just pained that Ur format didn't work, Ole!, girls this days are not to be trusted I like that guy way.. u can quote me if u felt otherwise
Check my signature for your graphic design
Could be true...cheesy

Some ladies have issues sha, a cool friendship gradually moving, she decided to ruin it by doing unusual test that has sent so many sisters to shiloh...smh

She never chop since 3days without reason, as per Elder sister of john the baptist na...grin

This religious fanatic sisters can be something else...see them giving advise on blocking as SA to Moses on relationship matters...lol...We have seen things.

13 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by phemocheee(m): 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
Please just create a new thread and tell your own story if you feel obliged to.

However, ensure there're no grammatical errors (You can ask someone to proofread before you post) and please clearly state this as well: "I asked why haven't you eaten and you said you don't have much"

Michdaf:
If you want to know why I stopped chatting and calling you, why didn't you tell me yesterday. why did you have to bring it here. I don't know what you wanted me to do then. I ask why haven't you eaten and you said you don't have much. And I was not that buoyant then. And I explained everything to you. Then you start giving me attitude. that period, I was invited to court and you know the reason. I was face with the court issue for six weeks. At first I was arrested and my phone was taken from me. All this period you didn't call. and the best thing you could do is to bring it up here. Am very disappointed

8 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by SarutobiEky(m): 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
R0kstarr8:
This aunty no well o.. why would u test a guy that way if I'm the one I would even block u why would you say u haven't eaten for days and no reason for it, u wanna bill him.. if he send u money now u will collect abi.. you just pained that Ur format didn't work, Ole!, girls this days are not to be trusted I like that guy way.. u can quote me if u felt otherwise
Check my signature for your graphic design
you dey mind am The funniest part Na when she say the guy is born again. Lmao. When has that ever inhibited the antics of the average human being? All these ladies though.... testing? Lol. The guy sef Na dunce. A very slow motherfucker...how can you call a woman repeatedly asking her if she's eaten? Bastard ...death to the born again simp. grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Kendrick80(m): 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
@pocohantas is wise wink
Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by SarutobiEky(m): 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Munzy14:

Could be true...cheesy

Some ladies have issues sha, a cool friendship gradually moving, she decided to ruin it by doing unusual test that has sent so many sisters to shiloh...smh

She never chop since 3days without reason, as per Elder sister of john the baptist na...grin

This religious fanatic sisters can be something else...see them giving advise on blocking as SA to Moses on relationship matters...lol...We have seen things.

buhahahahari
Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by emeijeh(m): 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
punisha:
This is a gathering of pocohantas and ishilove and co...
Let me waka pass...
Una well-done o!
No mind dem!
Make dem dey mark time there, 2020 wan finish so, make dem no humble demselves, find average person settle down with.
Menopause dey come

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Sixfeetbelle: 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
Decimus:

How did her feeding become his responsibility?

He ghosted her and then came back. Why?

Is he ready to feed her now?

1 Like

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by BabbanBura(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
Ishilove:

Ishi is in touch with Yin

Youdonminit!
Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by romenna: 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2020
See two adults who lack effective communication skills

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (33) (Reply)

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / Father, Mother And Their Five Daughters Stun At An Event (Photos) / 3 Nice Girls. What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.