Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? (61142 Views)

Should I Arrest & Sue My Brother-in-law For This? I Need Advice / Men, Can You Overlook This If You Find Your Wife Being Held This Way At The Gym? / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by ATEAMS: 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
Damn

2 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by slawormiir: 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....i put on my intellectual cap reading between lines as I perused through the op write up while blazing my weed

And i must confess

All i see here is two smart people

108 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Afam4eva(m): 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
I've come to realize that when people ask you "How are you?"/ They're not asking because they care or wan to help if you have any issues. They're asking because they feel it's a courtesy to do so. And they expect you to answer that you're fine.

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
YourCoffin:
Madam was watering ground for the normal urgent 2k. Guy man saw through it and jakpa.

Kpele dear. As you dey avoid men's burden na so wise guys dey dey begin avoid women's burden

Abi you thnk all the advice they get here no dey enter their head

Lol..@bolded.. I don't blame you. Poco don give you something talk, shey? 2k kor. Why would I ask my supposed man for 2k if i want to stock up my pantry? Abi because of small lockdown everyone want to dey reason themselves anyhow? please don't reason me like that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by konkonbilo(m): 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by MrCover: 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
You met the wrong guy

7 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by ipobarethieves: 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2020
She's on point.If u are hungry,stop acting up Open up and say so.CalliDora.Next time,ask the fellow if he nid assistance/ask him for his ac NUM and watch how the thief will rush to send it.Ass of beggars grin sad.Such will even brag . Shameless pipu

7 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Liposure: 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2020
Both of you are at fault. You should have told him you were fasting. He on the other hand should have stopped pestering you with his constant food questions

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by fannybaby(f): 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
CalliDora1:
Long post. Please bear with me.

This trait seems to be common among some Nairaland men (with apologies to all the men here though) cos I never really experienced such attitude with men ive met offline. So don't know whether they have a nairaland men's association (not the red pillars or mgtow kinda thing though) where they agree to behave likesome. The way they reason sometimes just baffles me.

Ok. So, I met someone here as a friend and I wanted it to stay that way. Along the line, he wanted more than just friendship but I just kept dodging because I don't want any issues as he's a good friend (a born again) and I like our friendly chats and all that. So didn't want anything serious that could jeopardize that but he kept pressing on and stressing until I naturally began to feel relaxed (against my wish) you know how that constant checking on someone tends to make one want to compromise their Stance. So I sort of got trapped.

Now here's the issue. He would always want to know about my biz and job. If I went or not. So I decided to test him. He would always call and ask if I've eaten. So that day, I said no (was fasting) but didn't want to divulge it to him that I was fasting. He called later in the day and asked again, I said I've not eaten, he dropped. I now felt he prolly thought I wanted him to feed me huh??.. I observed he reduced his calls. Third day he called and asked again, I said no. And he said "na wa o" I was like why, he said I'm sorry I can't help. Huh?? I don't remember asking him so I decided to play along. He called in the evening, I still said I've not eaten ( cos I had not broken my fast then) and he said I'm sorry ( I was just laughing within). I asked him, for what? he said because he couldn't help. And since then he stopped calling only to chat after a week to ask if the biz I was pursuing was through. I ignored him and for two months no contact.

Just last night he chatted me up again asking if I've resumed work and I said yes. he then asked if he's free to call me bla bla. And since last night hes been trying to keep up chats but I'm kinda cold towards him and he asked why I'm so cold. Acting like nothing happened.

Now, this is what I feel. so if someone is truly dying of hunger (God forbid) you'll abandon the fellow? or that they can't date someone who's biz is shaky or has not resumed work due to a global crises that affected everyone? I'm not saying anybody should carry someone else's burden ( there was really no burden anywhere as God has been faithful.) but I don't understand what actually played out there and why he's all of a sudden interested again after learning I've resumed work. I don't just understand because I don't want to be rude. Was that a right thing?

I'm really confused here because.. I mean.. I never asked you to help me with anything but being there would have been enough. Calling and chatting would have helped me scale through the bordom I felt that period of compulsory break from work and biz but he went into Oblivion even when I never placed any demands on him.

I bow to men and the way they reason o.

Mr thief is here to suck you dry cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Mac12(f): 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
I met a great dude here

28 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
pocohantas:

People ask that question out of concern, not because they want to open a fast food kitchen for you. Just good ol concern. If you don’t like it, open your mouth and tell him to stop asking you.

We are here to talk about what he thinks, which prompted his actions- not what I think.

Once again, I never said you are guilty. I said you are a victim of stereotyping. You are quite presumptuous...

Gracias

undecided
Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by IJOBA2: 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
HE WANT TO SEE YOY FINISH BE THAT.

YOU KNOW THE NEXT THING HES GONNA DO AFTER SEE FINISH

HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT BEN YONSIN BEFORE undecided

Cc CALLIDORA1
Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Xisnin(m): 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
@CalliDora1, don't assume the worst of people. Some are embarrassed when they can't help their friends. Where he went wrong was continuing to ask whether you have eaten since he couldn't help. I am not insisting that this applies to your friend but not all similar reactions are borne out of contempt.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by ricson11(m): 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
The person is born again are you sure is not righteousness89 �

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by purples25(f): 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
NL MEET UP? NL RELATIONSHIP?

MOST OF THEM BELIEVE ALL WOMEN ARE BEGGARS, LIARS AND PRETENDERS. SOME OF THEM ONLY BEFRIEND YOU TO COME BACK HERE TO INSULT YOU AND REVEAL YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS. YOU WERE UNLUCKY THIS TIME BUT NOT ALL ARE BAD.

STILL, BE CAREFUL! THIS IS WHAT MOST OF THEM DO. A LOT OF THEM ( NOT ALL ) ARE BITTER AND SEVERELY BIASED AND OUT TO ' EXPOSE' WHAT NEVER OCCURRED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

SORRY DEAR.

13 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by enemyofprogress: 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
Must you come here to talk about us?must you? I was only trying to test you but you have failed my test? What do you want to eat that I cannot afford? You brought our private issues here for everyone to discuss, I hope you would be bold enough to tell them everything. Please go ahead and tell them everything before I open up to them. Mtcheeeeeew

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by NOwazobia: 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
Presumption is quite bad.
The guy may be wanting to help but helpless himself, so he may have decided to take a break due to the burden of shame that weighed on him that instance (it is very common among introverted people).
you never inquire from him but went ahead to conclude (and even posted it on the public space) from your own rather narrow presumption, therefore, maybe judging him falsely.
he made a mistake by even initiating such friendship initially.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
Bola146:
grin grin grin I have met a lot of guys in Angel's image and I have met some useless, insane, kids, lazy guys here on nairaland, so I'm not surprised. I think he is looking forward to know much about you financially and materially. Just don't expose all your life to him, he is a pretender looking for sugar mummy ( they are many here especially those kids grin grin ) he knew you couldn't be hungry grin , just play along with him.
Men are now out to loot women dry, don't blame them. Blame ur sex for looting men. Hence the revenge

13 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
Bodyodour:
he asked you for 3 days whether you have eaten and you said NO. Any Nigerian guy will cut-off any connection because its now an indirect way of collecting money. Check it nah. Ask most Nigerian girls how she is doing she will tell you she is not fine.Ask her why she will tell you money is her problem angry .

Lol.. so.. hahahahaaaa so if someone is hungry, you'll check out? Lol.. you funny o. You see I wasn't wrong afterall. So he actually thought I wanted him to open a cafeteria for me lol..

4 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Mineisgrace(f): 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
Some mother's do have them grin
Some lovers do have them

3 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Splitmind: 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2020
You think we are stupid abi.

I have not eaten is a code word for women to stylishly display their begging characteristics that's why he's avoiding you so you don't drain him dry treating audio hunger.

Concerning your first paragraph lots of men are through with women's bullshit but they won't tell you in real life because women have a tendency to attack and spread negative rumours about people who don't fit their ideologies.

Men would rather stick to talking about these things online than risk job loss, loss of friends or even physical attacks because one upset woman didn't like hearing that women these days are entitled and lazy when it comes to relationships.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2020
let's be guided.

that's all I have to say.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Raalsalghul: 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2020
I know this Op to be an attention seeker. undecided

Believe her, believe anything.

10 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by PhillipPHD(m): 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2020
Keep hand picking unnecessarily. Evening newspaper go soon reach.

Holding onto some silly dealbreakers may rob you of an actual great person. Later you’ll wonder were all the good men are.

Breaking off a budding friendship on an unfounded assumption.

42 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by usb2016(m): 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2020
I know He must be a Typical Yoruba gold digger grin grin, that is how they behave looking for an independent lady to depend on cheesy grin. Please just block his ass and move on with your hustle. Ndi Ofe ose!!!

CalliDora1:
Long post. Please bear with me.

This trait seems to be common among some Nairaland men (with apologies to all the men here though) cos I never really experienced such attitude with men ive met offline. So don't know whether they have a nairaland men's association (not the red pillars or mgtow kinda thing though) where they agree to behave likesome. The way they reason sometimes just baffles me.

Ok. So, I met someone here as a friend and I wanted it to stay that way. Along the line, he wanted more than just friendship but I just kept dodging because I don't want any issues as he's a good friend (a born again) and I like our friendly chats and all that. So didn't want anything serious that could jeopardize that but he kept pressing on and stressing until I naturally began to feel relaxed (against my wish) you know how that constant checking on someone tends to make one want to compromise their Stance. So I sort of got trapped.

Now here's the issue. He would always want to know about my biz and job. If I went or not. So I decided to test him. He would always call and ask if I've eaten. So that day, I said no (was fasting) but didn't want to divulge it to him that I was fasting. He called later in the day and asked again, I said I've not eaten, he dropped. I now felt he prolly thought I wanted him to feed me huh??.. I observed he reduced his calls. Third day he called and asked again, I said no. And he said "na wa o" I was like why, he said I'm sorry I can't help. Huh?? I don't remember asking him so I decided to play along. He called in the evening, I still said I've not eaten ( cos I had not broken my fast then) and he said I'm sorry ( I was just laughing within). I asked him, for what? he said because he couldn't help. And since then he stopped calling only to chat after a week to ask if the biz I was pursuing was through. I ignored him and for two months no contact.

Just last night he chatted me up again asking if I've resumed work and I said yes. he then asked if he's free to call me bla bla. And since last night hes been trying to keep up chats but I'm kinda cold towards him and he asked why I'm so cold. Acting like nothing happened.

Now, this is what I feel. so if someone is truly dying of hunger (God forbid) you'll abandon the fellow? or that they can't date someone who's biz is shaky or has not resumed work due to a global crises that affected everyone? I'm not saying anybody should carry someone else's burden ( there was really no burden anywhere as God has been faithful.) but I don't understand what actually played out there and why he's all of a sudden interested again after learning I've resumed work. I don't just understand because I don't want to be rude. Was that a right thing?

I'm really confused here because.. I mean.. I never asked you to help me with anything but being there would have been enough. Calling and chatting would have helped me scale through the bordom I felt that period of compulsory break from work and biz but he went into Oblivion even when I never placed any demands on him.

I bow to men and the way they reason o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2020
things are realy hard in this country are u in directly asking money from him angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by TATALoAlaMu: 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2020
pocohantas:

It is not about your kind of person, it is stereotyping. I am sure you are guilty of a few- I have spotted one sef. That is the same way he formed his own notion. You kept saying you haven’t eaten and it triggered his alarm...

Honestly, that guy needs to say his part. Whether with his real moniker or anonymously. Agbe'jo eni kan da, agba oshi ka ni.

Cc Ishilove

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by ProphetofOdin: 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

o make 40k in a week doing online tasks please check my signature.
Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by wellmax(m): 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
I am still trying to understand the reason for your rage.

Did you ask him from money and he refused? No.

Did he laugh at your challenges? No.

All in all, you just assumed and assumed.
I tire for una.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Idaytesj29(m): 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
Chiquitq:
He is not an all weather friend but kindly note that telling someone that you've not eaten more than once also sends wrong signals. Except it is obvious that you are too busy to eat. Forget about this guy, he doesn't mean well at all. If you really lost your job and you were good friends, he might have offered a token to cushion the effect but then again, some girls would turn such nice gesture into an opportunity to take a man for granted and milk him. Just forget about this guy.

I like your rounded comment, what I want to add is that, ....WHY DIDNT HE ASK YOU WHY YOU HAVE NOT EATEN FOR TWO DAYS IN A ROW? He simply wasn't a good man. A good man will ask to know why, even if he doesn't have means to help. In such case, he may offer emotional support. But nawa for the guy.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? by Splitmind: 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
Ishilove:

So because you said "nothing" he ran off? He is no good for you. He is a fair weather friend. He is not a friend indeed. He is just there to occupy space and disturb your life with useless chats.

The people who I came across that accused others of being fair weather friends are some of the most lazy, entitled and ungrateful sacs of shit I had the displeasure of coming across. They would constantly request that others around them indulge in their self destructive behaviour.

36 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / Father, Mother And Their Five Daughters Stun At An Event (Photos) / 3 Nice Girls. What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.