Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! (7970 Views)

Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything? / Why Do We Pray With Candle? / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 7:22am On Dec 07, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
I'm the landlord of my duplex so everyone in the estate knew it belongs to me, my name is written in all the documents, yet i employed worker to do the work i only instruct them on how i want my house to be.
So "i built my house all by myself" doesn't mean there was no Craftsman Sir {Proverbs 8:30} it simply means i'm the brain behind it! smiley

Apt illustration

1 Like

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 7:29am On Dec 07, 2020
livingchrist:
owning a house, having your name written on the document instructing people on how to build it, does not translate to building your house by yourself.

Note the whole creation was created for Jesus also and for a fact Jesus is also the owner of all things.

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:.

For you to do something yourself mean you actually participated in the action.

Job 9:8
Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.

Job record that God alone created the heavens, no other being was with him doing the work.
Both Isaiah and Job corroborated with each other.
God alone actually created things by himself with no other being with him.

MaXinDhouse gave a good illustration yet you stick to your odd lies. Let me give you a scriptural example in addition

At Deuteronomy 32:12 we read " The Lord alone led Israel " CEB .

Can you explain this ? Did he led them through Moses ?

Over to you.

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 7:31am On Dec 07, 2020
Emusan:

I've always told you people to stop using this line of argument, it's pure ignorance and fact lies.

No LANDLORD who is not an Engineer will ever CLAIM "I built MY HOUSE ALL BY MYSELF"

It's a shared ignorance and intellectual dishonesty to see a clear statement like that of "ALONE and ALL BY MYSELF"

NLV: The Lord, Who makes you, bought you and saves you, and the One Who put you together before you were born, says, “I am the Lord, Who made all things. I alone spread out the heavens, and I alone spread out the earth.

If God says "I ALONE...."

And went further to explain what He did by "SPREAD OUT THE HEAVENS"

Even Prov 8 supported this because the speaker clearly stated that it is God who was actually doing the work of creation and not THE SPEAKER.

To claim other being helped God in creation is to give God's glory to a mere creatures.
@red

In addition to my first point given earlier

Can you explain this ? Did he led them by Moses ?

Over to you.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 7:34am On Dec 07, 2020
livingchrist:
quit perverting God's word. Jesus didnt create everything else rather he made all things.
What is the greek word used for first born? It denotes preeminence not created first.
David was called the firstborn king over kings of the earth it doesnt mean david was the first to be king.
Proverb 8vv22, is only a poetry it does not literally mean God created wisdom.
That is the reason why the word possessed was used
The second line of proverb 8 vv22 made the first line very clear by saying was ordained from eternity.

your submission is contradicting to Isaiah, job , John and paul's teachings.
Jehovah formed the heavens alone, he did it himself means he did not instruct another person to carry out the action, John said nothing that was created could exist without Jesus meaning Jesus was never created.

It is you jws that loves argument, are you not the one who quoted me, looking for argument?
Peace in deed, just like islam is peaceful right?

@ highlighted .

Romans 11:36 said ALL things Came THROUGH the Father . If the highlighted is true , what exactly came through the Father ?

1 Like

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 7:36am On Dec 07, 2020
livingchrist:
John 1:1-2 first of all the word was God according to John 1vv1 not a God, this is plain and enough to convince the listener that the person with Jehovah is Jehovah also, so no other being was with him.

Two Jehovah's ?

With indicates Two persons.

You no just get sense , no wonder you said Jesus is a forever sick human. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Emusan(m): 7:39am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:

" For FROM him [The Father] and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen. " Romans 11:36

He has every right to claim he stretched it by Himself because Jesus came through him. Therefore he alone is the source of all things ( 1Cor 8:6 )

@color is enough to see the spirit of your father the Devil in your.

God was lying that He stretched out the heavens ALONE and by HIMSELF...
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 7:41am On Dec 07, 2020
Emusan:

@color is enough to see the spirit of your father the Devil in your.

God was lying that He stretched out the heavens ALONE and by HIMSELF. ..

Broken record, what does " Through him " tells you ?

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Emusan(m): 7:44am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:

@red

In addition to my first point given earlier

Can you explain this ? Did he led them by Moses ?

Over to you.

No wonder you couldn't quote the verse in full

CEB: "The Lord alone led Israel; no foreign god assisted."
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Emusan(m): 7:46am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:

Broken record, what does " Through him " tells you ?
God is lying that He created everything ALONE and by HIMSELF....
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 7:46am On Dec 07, 2020
Emusan:

No wonder you couldn't quote the verse in full

CEB: "The Lord alone led Israel; no foreign god assisted."

But other people assisted, yet he said He ALONE ?
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2020
Emusan:

[s] God is lying that He created everything ALONE and by HIMSELF.... [/s]

To a deluded mind .

The fact remains all things came from him and THROUGH him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by livingchrist: 7:52am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:

MaXinDhouse gave a good illustration yet you stick to your odd lies. Let me give you a scriptural example in addition

Can you explain this ? Did he led them through Moses ?

Over to you.

You mischeviously cut out the other half to decieve yourself.

Deuteronomy 32:12 So the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him..
It means yahweh was the only God that lead Israel, moses was not a god.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Emusan(m): 7:52am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:

But other people assisted, yet he said He ALONE ?

You've started with your delusion early this morning...

Why is simple English so hard for you to comprehend

was the verse talking about PEOPLE or dieties?

The verse was simply saying NO OTHER GODS assisted the Only true God to lead ISREAL out.

This is different from where the act of creation where God said He did it by HIMSELF AND ALONE.

Even when the scripture says THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH.

You can just say God is lying by claiming to do this when in reality He used another being.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 7:54am On Dec 07, 2020
livingchrist:

You mischeviously cut out the other half to decieve yourself.

Deuteronomy 32:12 So the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him..

It means yahweh was the only God that lead Israel, moses was not a god.

" Ye are gods" including Moses

The point is He could claim he alone lead them, when it was actually through Moses ?

1 Like

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Emusan(m): 7:55am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:

To a deluded mind .

The fact remains all things came from him and THROUGH him.

That's your second name don't forget.

Which means God ALONE and by HIMSELF created everything without the help of any being.
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 7:55am On Dec 07, 2020
Emusan:

You've started with your delusion early this morning...

Why is simple English so hard for you to comprehend

was the verse talking about PEOPLE or dieties
The verse was simply saying NO OTHER GODS assisted the Only true God to lead ISREAL out.

Is Moses a god ?

This is different from where the act of creation where God said He did it by HIMSELF AND ALONE.

Even when the scripture says THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH.

You can just say God is lying by claiming to do this when in reality He used another being.

All things came " through him [the Father ] " agree ?

1 Like

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 7:58am On Dec 07, 2020
Emusan:

That's your second name don't forget.

Which means God ALONE and by HIMSELF created everything

Exactly. Rev 4:11 ...

without the help of any being.

But he used a god like Moses remember Yet claimed he alone lead isrealites ?

1 Like

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Emusan(m): 7:58am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:
Is Moses a god ?
MOSES isn't a god
All things came " through him [the Father ] " agree ?
Yes!
Just as ALL THINGS came through Him [The Son]
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 7:59am On Dec 07, 2020
Emusan:

MOSES isn't a god
grin
He was lying when he said humans are god's ?

Yes!

Just as ALL THINGS came through Him [The Son]

Na wa, so what came through the Father ?

Cos this are two different persons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Emusan(m): 8:01am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:
Exactly. Rev 4:11 ...

Then case closed.

But he used a god like Moses remember Yet claimed he alone lead isrealites ?

God used a god in creation....waoooooo

Clap for yourself.

MOSES isn't a god!
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Emusan(m): 8:05am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:

grin He was lying when he said humans are god's ?

Just as you said God was lying when He said He created everything ALONE and by Himself.

Human are gods but NOT a deities in a sense of being worshipped

Na wa, so what came through the Father ?

Cos this are two different persons.

Are you saying ALL THINGS didn't come THROUGH HIM [The Son]?
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by livingchrist: 8:05am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:

@ highlighted .

Romans 11:36 said ALL things Came THROUGH the Father . If the highlighted is true , what exactly came through the Father ?
where did Paul say all things are through the father?
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by freshboi88: 8:27am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:

The red part . That scripture na bullet, freshboi88 got wounded grin

Keep deceiving urself.....u can rejoice with n your delusion for all I care.

I treated tht matter a long time ago n laid it to rest. I cannot help u � if I choose to believe a lie. That's your business. But a lie said a thousand times can never make it true.

Follow Jesus, he is the Truth. And u would be set free from bondage
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 8:28am On Dec 07, 2020
Emusan:

Just as you said God was lying when He said He created everything ALONE and by Himself.

Human are gods but NOT a deities in a sense of being worshipped

I didnt lie, unless you mean scripture lied. ( Romans 11:36 )

After saying Moses isn't a god earlier grin liar

He led them alone, but a god Moses, assisted him, yes ?

Are you saying ALL THINGS didn't come THROUGH HIM [The Son]?
It does, But all things came through the Father as well, what is that thing that came through the Father but not through the son ?

1 Like

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 8:28am On Dec 07, 2020
freshboi88:

Keep deceiving urself.....u can rejoice with n your delusion for all I care.

I treated tht matter a long time ago n laid it to rest. I cannot help u � if I choose to believe a lie. That's your business. But a lie said a thousand times can never make it true.

Follow Jesus, he is the Truth. And u would be set free from bondage

Mumu grin grin Romans 11:36 shock am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 8:29am On Dec 07, 2020
Emusan:

Then case closed.

God used a god in creation....waoooooo

Clap for yourself.

MOSES isn't a god!

Cognitive dissonance grin grin yet humans are god's shey ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 8:30am On Dec 07, 2020
livingchrist:
where did Paul say all things are through the father?
Romans 11:36, so what came through the Father ? Cos it can't be the same thing that came through the son . That would be a lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by freshboi88: 8:36am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:

grin grin grin
Na you be this ? Hehehehehe . One question what came through the Father ? U fled , o ma se o

U this man that I finished in my thread that year. U don recover?
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Barristter07: 8:47am On Dec 07, 2020
freshboi88:

U this man that I finished in my thread that year. U don recover?

Don't be an empty barrel making noise, help your brothers on the thread .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Emusan(m): 8:50am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:
I didnt lie, unless you mean scripture lied. ( Romans 11:36 )

You lied, Romans 11:36 didn't say God didn't create the universe BY HIMSELF and ALONE.

After saying Moses isn't a god earlier grin liar

He led them alone, but a god Moses, assisted him, yes ?

This is the verse again to cure your delusion!

CEB: "The Lord alone led Israel; no foreign god assisted."

It does, But all things came through the Father as well, what is that thing that came through the Father but not through the son ?

Nothing came through the Father that wasn't THROUGH THE SON.

You can provide the verse that says otherwise.

The fact that, ALL THINGS came through both the Father and the Son means the are the same.

That's is the reason your demonic organization has to FRAUDULENTLY INSERTED the word "OTHER" more than 3 times in that Colossians 1:16-17
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Emusan(m): 8:54am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:

Cognitive dissonance grin grin yet humans are god's shey ?

You keep displaying your ignorance.

If humans are gods in the sense of being a deity, even the verse you quoted will go against God Himself because that will make God statement false.

The verse is very simple even for a primary pupils to understand except for a brainwashed JWs like.

CEB: "The Lord alone led Israel; no foreign god assisted."

At least, you agreed that Jehovah used a god in creation.
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by freshboi88: 8:55am On Dec 07, 2020
Barristter07:

Romans 11:36, so what came through the Father ? Cos it can't be the same thing that came through the son . That would be a lie

I will take u on this verse u think is ur lifeline

36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.

To him be the glory forever! Amen.

Who is Paul referring to here. Answer lemme finish u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

At Last! – Tb Joshua Speaks On Boko Haram / What Does It Mean To Be Poor In The Spirit? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.