Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! (7961 Views)

Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything? / Why Do We Pray With Candle? / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2020
Are you serious or just acting as a miscreant?Who is vomiting nonsense between Luke who recorded the book of Act or Stephen who spoke?
Because it was recorded that the son of man (Jesus) is standing at the right hand of God! Act 7:56

Perhaps the hatred you have for the TRUTH will edit all the Bible versions in the world! smiley

ublight:

Jesus is not standing at the right hand SIDE. He is at the right hand. There is a difference.

No dey vomit nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by MuttleyLaff: 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2020
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Emusan(m): 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Perhaps the hatred you have for the TRUTH will edit all the Bible versions in the world! smiley

Just as your organization lies edited New World Translation.
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
ARGUMENTATIVE Emusan! cheesy
Someone directly spoke against God's word openly yet you still don't feel remorseful to ask him to keep shut!
God's word said Stephen saw Jesus standing at God's right hand {Act 7:56} your friend said God's word is nonsense simply because of the tradition infused in his brain.
Now i know you don't really worth a response! undecided
Emusan:

Just as your organization lies edited New World Translation.
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Emusan(m): 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
What usually confuse misinformed Churchgoers is their so called Trinity dogma. JWs know that Jesus was the person who created everything {Colossians 1:15-16}

No wonder your organization have to fraudulently inserted the word OTHER in that Colossians 1:15-16.

because Jesus will be the one who created himself.

but he was acting on the instructions from our grand Creator JEHOVAH!

Then Jehohav is lying here "CEB: The Lord your redeemer who formed you in the womb says: I am the Lord, the maker of all, who ALONE stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by MYSELF"

As a master Craftsman beside his God and Father {Proverbs 8:22-31}

Even in the same Proverbs God never says He used anybody to create the universe rather the same proverbs still supports the Isaiah that God created everything ALONE and by HIMSELF.

I was there when THE LORD put the heavens in place and stretched the sky over the surface of the sea. 28 I was with HIM when HE placed the clouds in the sky and created the springs that fill the ocean. 29 I was there when HE set boundaries for the sea to make it obey him, and when HE laid foundations to support the earth.

Jesus was receiving instructions on how to go about the work, we can see this at Genesis 1:1-2,

See delusions, where in that Genesis 1 it was stated that Jesus was receiving instructions to create things

That's just the figment of imagination of your lying mouth organization.

there it was revealed that God's instructions to create the heavens (spirit realm) where his spirit sons (angels) dwells wasn't difficult for Jesus who is also a spirit but when it comes to the creation of physical realms Jesus need to be guided, that's why you'll notice @ Genesis 1:3 that God was given the instructions and after Jesus has done it God still inspects the job! Genesis 1:4,31

This scripture "CEB: The Lord your redeemer who formed you in the womb says: I am the Lord, the maker of all, who ALONE stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by MYSELF" proofs beyond reasonable doubt that, these are just scriptures twisting because God created EVERYTHING ALONE and by HIMSELF.

So we acknowledge the part Jesus (God's only begotten son) played in all God's work but he is not the Almighty God! smiley

To acknowledge this part means you agree that Jesus is Jehovah because JEHOVAH CREATED ALL THINGS ALONE and by HIMSELF.

I know this scriptural truth will be peppering your body now!
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by freshboi88: 9:37pm On Dec 05, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Jesus served as God just as Moses also served {Exodus 7:1 compared to John 1:1} JEHOVAH is the one who went down to deliver the Israelites from slavery in Egypt. But both Pharaoh, his chiefs, Egyptians and all Israelites were seeing Jehovah's representative MOSES.

©Who turned the rod to snake?
©Who turned River Nile's water to blood?
©Who plagued Egypt ten times?
©Who splitted the red Sea?
Well it was JEHOVAH not Moses! Exodus 20:2 compared to John 8:28

So when JEHOVAH bestowed power on Jesus it doesn't make Jesus the Almighty because the true God will forever keep his place and position while his representatives return to their place/position! 1Corinthians 15:27-28 smiley

So when Moses served as God...how many God's did we have ? One or Two?
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Emusan(m): 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
ARGUMENTATIVE Maximumu! cheesy
Someone directly spoke against God's word openly yet you still don't feel remorseful to ask him to keep shut!

Just as I'm asking you and your lying organization to keep shut because of the same way you openly spoke against God's word.

God's word said Stephen saw Jesus standing at God's right hand {Act 7:56} your friend said God's word is nonsense simply because of the tradition infused in his brain.

God's word said "CEB: The Lord your redeemer who formed you in the womb says: I am the Lord, the maker of all, who ALONE stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by MYSELF" but your deluded brain said God's word is nonsense simply because of the tradition infused in your dull brain.

Now i know you don't really worth a response! undecided

And you still go ahead to respond, that makes you what
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by ublight: 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Are you serious or just acting as a miscreant?Who is vomiting nonsense between Luke who recorded the book of Act or Stephen who spoke?
Because it was recorded that the son of man (Jesus) is standing at the right hand of God! Act 7:56

u are a blind man
my emphasis was d word SIDE
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by ublight: 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2020
if i say this is my right hand man, does it mean that man is standing at my right hand side?
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by DappaD: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2020
ublight:
if i say this is my right hand man, does it mean that man is standing at my right hand side?

Okay let's use your own logic now. If Jesus is someone's right hand man, doesn't that show that there are two distinct parties/personalities involved?
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by ublight: 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2020
DappaD:

Okay let's use your own logic now. If Jesus is someone's right hand man, doesn't that show that there are two distinct parties involved?

hey, the diety of Christ is so simple it will take a numb mind to discredit it.

Go to livingwordmedia.org and help urself.
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by DappaD: 10:03pm On Dec 05, 2020
ublight:

hey, the diety of Christ is so simple it will take a numb mind to discredit it.
Go to livingwordmedia.org and help urself.

Oga you are the one that brought
“RIGHT HAND MAN” into the discussion even though that isn't the idea conferred by Psalm 110:1 and Acts 2:34.
But let's just use your own logic now. According to the dictionary, it means someone who acts as Chief Assistant which fits Jesus Christ perfectly since he is God's Chief Agent and Servant. Acts 3:13, 5:31
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by livingchrist: 10:17pm On Dec 05, 2020
DappaD:

Jehovah is the source of life. Psalm 36:9, Acts 17:28
He's the originator of the spark of life that makes a human conscious. Genesis 2:7

He is also the Eternal Judge and our Father. Genesis 18:25, Isaiah 33:22, James 4:12
But—Jesus helps us to understand at John 5:22 that his Father and God, Jehovah will do no judging but that authority has been delegated to him, Jesus.

So when Jesus completed his earthly conquest, he said: “All authority has been given me in heaven and earth” Matthew 28:18, see also Philippians 2:9-11
Which means that as Jehovah's subordinate and Servant(Acts 3:13), Jesus is going to rule, judge and act under God's authority because according to him, he cannot do a single thing of his own initiative so he needs a go-ahead from Jehovah before he can do anything. John 8:28

Also part of the privileges granted to him, was the authority to raise dead ones from the Grave.
In fact—while on earth—you can agree that he demonstrated this by restoring the life-force of some who died to their bodies ONLY after praying to his God in heaven. John 11:41-42
So he still has the prerogative as God's Son to rise dead ones in the future. John 5:28-29; 1Thessalonians 4:16
Since Jehovah was the one who gave the keys of death and Grave to Jesus in order to release those who are bound by death. Revelation 1:18
That's why Stephen made that appeal to Jesus for a resurrection in the sight of Jehovah.(Acts 7:59)
why will Jehovah give his glory to another??

Isaiah 42:8
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

The book of ecclesiatics clearly attribute the power for recieving the spirit to Jehovah alone why will Jehovah give it to Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by johnw47: 10:18pm On Dec 05, 2020
Janosky:

You don't even believe Matthew 6:9, "You MUST pray this manner, our Father" grin cheesy

According to your mumu claim, Paul was praying to Roman emperors.

The same Greek 1941 is in Acts 7:59, Acts 25:11,12 ,25.

John 20:17 , Jesus Christ no know 3 pagan spirits devotees DECEIVING themselves

. grin cheesy grin grin

oh duh, confused liar fraud janosky
scardy cat, running away from what is said

truly know nothing, only God receives our spirit at death

Act 7:59 While they were stoning Stephen, he prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

Ecc_12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by livingchrist: 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
What usually confuse misinformed Churchgoers is their so called Trinity dogma. JWs know that Jesus was the person who created everything {Colossians 1:15-16} but he was acting on the instructions from our grand Creator JEHOVAH!
As a master Craftsman beside his God and Father {Proverbs 8:22-31} Jesus was receiving instructions on how to go about the work, we can see this at Genesis 1:1-2, there it was revealed that God's instructions to create the heavens (spirit realm) where his spirit sons (angels) dwells wasn't difficult for Jesus who is also a spirit but when it comes to the creation of physical realms Jesus need to be guided, that's why you'll notice @ Genesis 1:3 that God was given the instructions and after Jesus has done it God still inspects the job! Genesis 1:4,31

So we acknowledge the part Jesus (God's only begotten son) played in all God's work but he is not the Almighty God! smiley
let us be clear here, Are you saying Jehovah did not create the heavens and the earth by himself?

1 Like

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by johnw47: 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
Janosky:

You don't even believe Matthew 6:9, "You MUST pray this manner, our Father" grin cheesy

The same Greek 1941 is in Acts 7:59, Acts 25:11,12 ,25.

John 20:17 , Jesus Christ no know 3 pagan spirits devotees DECEIVING themselves
. grin cheesy grin grin
Ecc_7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool:

it's "stephen" we are talking about oh confused know nothing janosky, not "paul"

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by DappaD: 10:46pm On Dec 05, 2020
livingchrist:
why will Jehovah give his glory to another??

Isaiah 42:8
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

The book of ecclesiatics clearly attribute the power for recieving the spirit to Jehovah alone why will Jehovah give it to Jesus?

Where did you get the idea that giving authority meant sharing glory?

Of course Moses was the appointed Leader of Israel who was given authority from God and acted as mediator between Jehovah and the Israelites but on the issue of whom the Israelites were to worship and render sacred service, there was no question that exclusive devotion was reserved for Jehovah alone.(Exodus 34:14)

Jehovah never shared his glory with Moses even after he was the one(representative) who brought Israel out of Egypt, Jehovah still took all the credit for it because it was only possible through Him. Exodus 20:2

We all know what happened when Moses tried to take credit/glory for the miracle Jehovah performed through Moses at the waters of Meribah. Numbers 20:10 see also Psalm 106:32-33
It was for that reason that Aaron and Moses were prevented from entering the Promised land. Numbers 20:12

Even after Satan tried to get Jesus to worship him, he still quoted the Law and directed all worship to Jehovah. Matthew 4:10/Deuteronomy 6:13
Jesus never for once took credit for anything he did. He always directed attention to his Father and God on all occasions. Mark 10:18
Jesus said that he didn't come to seek his own glory neither did he speak of his own initiative.
John 5:40, 7:16-18, 8:50
So know that authority that was given to Jesus did not mean that Jehovah shared his glory with him since Jesus knew already that it was his Father who made it possible and that he was going to hand over back that authority to his Father, Jehovah. 1Corinthians 15:24-28

1 Like

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Adsexpert: 10:47pm On Dec 05, 2020
We pray to God through Jesus Christ our Lord
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Janosky: 11:00pm On Dec 05, 2020
johnw47:

it's "stephen" we are talking about oh confused know nothing janosky, not "paul"

JohnW ignoramus cheesy
The same Greek 1941 EPIKALEO is in Acts 7:59, Acts 25:11,12 ,25.

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by johnw47: 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2020
Janosky:

JohnW ignoramus cheesy
The same Greek 1941 EPIKALEO is in Acts 7:59, Acts 25:11,12 ,25.

truly, run away from the subject, coward janosky

stephen prayed to the Lord Jesus Christ to receive his spirit
only God receives our Spirit when we die:

Act 7:59 While they were stoning Stephen, he prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

Ecc_12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by livingchrist: 11:17pm On Dec 05, 2020
DappaD:

Of course Moses was the appointed Leader of Israel who had authority from God and acted as mediator between Jehovah and the Israelites but on the issue of whom the Israelites were to worship and render sacred service, there was no question that exclusive devotion was reserved for Jehovah alone.(Exodus 34:14)
moses never bear any of Jehovah's titles neither did anyone prayed to moses like Stephen prayed to Jesus.

The Spirit returns to God, not a representative but God himself.

Jesus is prayed to, and is worshipped by men and Angels plus the fact that all of Jehovah works are attributed to him.

Jehovah never shared his glory with Moses even after he was the one(representative) who brought Israel out of Egypt, Jehovah still took all the credit for it because it was only possible through Him. Exodus 20:2

We all know what happened when Moses tried to take credit/glory for the miracle Jehovah performed through Moses at the waters of Meribah. Numbers 20:10 see also Psalm 106:32-33
It was for that reason that Aaron and Moses were prevented from seeing the Promised land. Numbers 20:12

Even after Satan tried to get Jesus to worship him, he still quoted the Law and directed all worship to Jehovah. Matthew 4:10/Deuteronomy 6:13
Jesus never for once took credit for anything he did. He always directed attention to his Father and God on all occasions. Mark 10:18
So know that authority that was given to Jesus did not mean that Jehovah shared his glory with him since Jesus knew already that it was his Father who made it possible and that he was going to hand over back that authority to his Father, Jehovah. 1Corinthians 15:24-28
You dont know what you are saying, All the glory, honor, power and majesty that Jehovah had is also for Jesus.

John 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

grin Jehovah himself credited the glory of creation to Jesus
The glory of creation is fully and completely ascribed to Jesus.

The question remains, if Jesus is not God why will Jehovah share his glory with him?

Jehovah sworn that every kneel would brown to him and every tongue shall sware to him but this glory was given to Jesus in the new testament.

Isaiah 45:23
I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Philippians 2:9-11 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

This verse also reveals that Jehovah exalted the name Jesus above the name 'Jehovah '.

This is Jehovah giving his glory to Jesus
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by DappaD: 11:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
livingchrist:
moses never bear any of Jehovah's titles neither did anyone prayed to moses like Stephen prayed to Jesus.
The Spirit returns to God, not a representative but God himself.
Jesus is prayed to, and is worshipped by men and Angels plus the fact that all of Jehovah works are attributed to him.
You dont know what you are saying, All the glory, honor, power and majesty that Jehovah had is also for Jesus.
John 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
grin Jehovah himself credited the glory of creation to Jesus
The glory of creation is fully and completely ascribed to Jesus.

The question remains, if Jesus is not God why will Jehovah share his glory with hin?

Your question has been fully answered. I will be no part of your derailment to other topics, I've answered your question and that's it.
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Janosky: 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
johnw47:

oh duh, confused liar fraud janosky
scardy cat, running away from what is said

truly know nothing, only God receives our spirit at death

LYING Twister cheesy grin cheesy grin
Greek1941 EPIKALEO : Appeal, I call, address..
Biblehub Screenshot says you're LYING clown cheesy

Matthew 28:18 , John 17:2-3 according to Jesus, who gave Jesus that authority to give life to the dead ?

Bros, your Father delegates you authority to do business in his name (John 5:43), JohnW begins to DECEIVE himself , for him mind he is the Chief Executive Officer.
ole buruku ole oshi
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by johnw47: 11:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
fraud janosky, you "The" liar with a capital "T" go from thread to thread
shouting out "LIAR" to christians everywhere, it shows who you are,
just like your daddy:

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Rev_12:10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by livingchrist: 11:31pm On Dec 05, 2020
DappaD:

Your question has been fully answered. I will be no part of your derailment to other topics, I've answered your question and that's it.
you didn't, you couldnt explain why Stephen prayed to Jesus to recieve his Spirit instead of Jehovah and the fact that Jesus shared Jehovah's glory

1 Like

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by johnw47: 11:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
Janosky:

Matthew 28:18 , John 17:2-3 according to Jesus, who gave Jesus that authority to give life to the dead ?

Bros, your Father delegates you authority to do business in his name (John 5:43), JohnW begins to DECEIVE himself , for him mind he is the Chief Executive Officer.
ole buruku ole oshi

cannot stop lying and falsely accusing, very confused fraud janosky

quote where i am twisting, oh great liar you:

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by livingchrist: 11:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
Janosky:

ole buruku ole oshi
you dont know how dumb you sound, by Stephen commiting his Spirit to Jesus he gave Jehovah's glory to Jesus.
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Janosky: 11:34pm On Dec 05, 2020
johnw47:

[s]fraud janosky, you "The" liar with a capital "T" go from thread to thread
shouting out "LIAR" to christians everywhere, it shows who you are,
just like your daddy:

Rev_12:10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.[/s]

I dey pity for your wife. She done see chin chum taya.
You're LYING about EPIKALEO, you dey form Jackie Chang cheesy
Continue typing GIBBERISH cheesy
Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by johnw47: 11:38pm On Dec 05, 2020
Janosky:

I dey pity for your wife. She done see chin chum taya.
You're LYING about EPIKALEO, you dey form Jackie Chang cheesy
Continue typing GIBBERISH cheesy

like i said, quote the lies oh heap big fraud and false accuser:

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by DappaD: 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2020
livingchrist:
you didn't, you couldnt explain
1a. why Stephen prayed to Jesus
1b. to recieve his Spirit instead of Jehovah and
2.the fact that Jesus shared Jehovah's glory

1a. Stephen never prayed to Jesus. The normal Greek word for “pray” is προσεύχεσθε/proseuchesthe
Acts 7:59 didn't use this word, like you make it seem. There says that Stephen “called upon” or “made an appeal” to Jesus. The Greek word that was used here was ἐπικαλούμενον/epikaloumenon

1b. I have already addressed this.
DappaD:

Jehovah is the source of life. Psalm 36:9, Acts 17:28
He's the originator of the spark of life that makes a human conscious. Genesis 2:7

He is also the Eternal Judge and our Father. Genesis 18:25, Isaiah 33:22, James 4:12
But—Jesus helps us to understand at John 5:22 that his Father and God, Jehovah will do no judging but that authority has been delegated to him, Jesus.

So when Jesus completed his earthly conquest, he said: “All authority has been given me in heaven and earth” Matthew 28:18, see also Philippians 2:9-11
Which means that as Jehovah's subordinate and Servant(Acts 3:13), Jesus is going to rule, judge and act under God's authority because according to him, he cannot do a single thing of his own initiative so he needs a go-ahead from Jehovah before he can do anything. John 8:28

Also part of the privileges granted to him, was the authority to raise dead ones from the Grave.
In fact—while on earth—you can agree that he demonstrated this by restoring the life-force of some who died to their bodies ONLY after praying to his God in heaven. John 11:41-42
So he still has the prerogative as God's Son to rise dead ones in the future. John 5:28-29; 1Thessalonians 4:16
Since Jehovah was the one who gave the keys of death and Grave to Jesus in order to release those who are bound by death. Revelation 1:18
That's why Stephen made that appeal to Jesus for a resurrection in the sight of Jehovah.(Acts 7:59)

2. I have also addressed this.
DappaD:

Of course Moses was the appointed Leader of Israel who was given authority from God and acted as mediator between Jehovah and the Israelites but on the issue of whom the Israelites were to worship and render sacred service, there was no question that exclusive devotion was reserved for Jehovah alone.(Exodus 34:14)

It was for that reason that Aaron and Moses were prevented from entering the Promised land. Numbers 20:12

Re: Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! by Janosky: 11:46pm On Dec 05, 2020
livingchrist:
you dont know how dumb you sound, by Stephen commiting his Spirit to Jesus he gave Jehovah's glory to Jesus.
Drop off your claim in the dustbin.
John 17:1-3, according to Jesus Christ

Everyone knows that Yahweh delivered Israel from Egyptian bondage.
Your claim is akin to saying that Moses is God Almighty ,na him rod open the Red Sea.

cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

"I don't believe in God, but I go to church" / What Is Sin? / Anti-atheism In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.