Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? (30082 Views)

Husband Discovers That His Wife’s Supposed Four Siblings Are Her Children / What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? / I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Imo042: 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2020
Repent, the Kingdom of God is at hand.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Standing5(m): 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2020
nastyking:
At the the age of 20 what should a young man supposed to have achieved. If you have any advice or life experience to share to the young minds please do.
The concept of classes in education is one of the things fueling this achievement by age expectation. When you are 10 there is a class filled with 10 year olds you are expected to be part of in the least and this creates assumption of growth by age.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by ehinorlive: 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2020
God will determine it
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Boxer007(m): 3:25pm On Nov 24, 2020
nastyking:
At the the age of 20 what should a young man supposed to have achieved. If you have any advice or life experience to share to the young minds please do.

hi babes. that is the only way out my darlin, gay, and then the world is yours. you fancy a drink outing boo? smiley
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by hardbody: 3:25pm On Nov 24, 2020
nastyking:

A young man where? In Nigeria it should be different from what his mate in the UK or US would achieve. So be categorical. Let us just say in Nigeria, if you are from a middle class family, you would have just finished your first degree and waiting at home for covid to end ahead of youth service. If on the other hand your parents are from the lower echelon, you will either be struggling with JAMB (3rd or 4th attempt) or you would have been home in the past almost 1 year doing nothing because of ASUU or (I dont wish it for you), the person could be in detention...

There is no clarity as to where to be or what to have achieved if you are a 20 year old Nigerian (In Nigeria). Life just no balance for here...

2 Likes

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by mariahAngel(f): 3:26pm On Nov 24, 2020
ufondunenye:
Today is my birthday guys. grin grin grin smiley

Happy birthday to you ✨✨✨

Keep sparkling like diamonds ✨✨✨

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Depressed101: 3:26pm On Nov 24, 2020
nastyking:
nothing. Now remove that pressure from your shoulder and start trying things, making mistakes, failing, falling and then rising like rinsed gold. At this stage this is what is normal.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Wyzkyd(m): 3:27pm On Nov 24, 2020
it's true sef i do be clocking 20 next week!!. Well hopefully barring ASUU i do finish uni early enough.

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Lilgabby(m): 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2020
gaius01:

Arrrrrrrh

My personal opinion then was,
At the age of 2O, a man who has plans to be a better person in life is to;
1. Be devoted with your religion, you can't exempt God from the equation of life.
2. At 19 i was through with my National diploma in computer with good grades.
3. Have a certificate in computer training.
4. Aiming for the next level, University! ( chasing your goals in life, be determine to make life meaningful)
5. Learn a profession, to add, like tailoring.
6. Read books.
7. Avoid ladies, to focus, I do not say hate them in real terms avoid relationship call love. Being friends with them is quite cool and be wise. And also avoid unnecessary friends.
8. To grow spiritually listen to message to boost your spirit man.
9. Have a nice sense of dress.
1O. Be a man of integrity and value!

My own thoughts then, and I am still following this guide to hit that bigger archivement in life, well the ball is in your court.
Hmmm!
Please pass all this to Wizkid or davido and get a reply first... Then, you come back... I got some things to tell you.

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by kosiebe(m): 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2020
Una wen dem born with brass spoon. Una think say na so life be. Mtchew.. 20 ke

3 Likes

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Proton99: 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2020
What are the metrics for achievement/success in life? Even if we want the same thing, do we want it in equal measures? This question is a typical example of the conditioning the bourgeois world has used to rob us of our happiness and contentment.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Abusadiq01(m): 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2020
greymiles:
By 20, you should have your own house, a car starting from 2010 upwards, at least 2 investments, a girlfriend(not compulsory) and at least 10m in your acct
Anything less than this, then you’re a failure already

U well so

2 Likes

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by lomprico(m): 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2020
waec
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Gabbriell: 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2020
Let's see what ASUU & FG have to say about this grin grin
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Doncudox: 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2020
Should be good in driving a;
Bicycle
Motor bike
Car.
Should be done with High School. Etc

Those are the very striking buh there are so many things one should achieve at that age.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by tollyboy5(m): 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2020
doggedfighter:
The situation and nature of the country makes it pretty difficult to really say what one can achieve at 20.

You can't even plan your educational pursuit.
However
I don't know why I mention you again grin but I did that one time when I bashed ladies and Nigeria youth.
In my early days I was so ambitious , me and my friend we learnt a lot of stuff. I design amplifiers , radio rechargeable torch light.
One of my friend was working on FM transmitter then. My dad noticed I was going into designing of inverters and solar installations. He frustrated my attempt believing if I start seeing money then I won't complete my university education.
We save all of our feeding money and go to Alaba to buy electronics and after designing one or two project the whole thing explode and we start another savings.
I really suffered and had no phone yet struggled to browse with peoples phone to copy Circiut online.
I thought me and my friends would own tech companies by now grin .
The goals we set for ourselves before we get to 18 years, my friend reminded me years later when we crossed 18 and I just laugh!
Now I inderstand my country better. I was foolishly studying when I should be flexing. I still study a lot of things till now but I give room for flexing and flirting now cool

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Jaymoney5000(m): 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2020
greymiles:
By 20, you should have your own house, a car starting from 2010 upwards, at least 2 investments, a girlfriend(not compulsory) and at least 10m in your acct

I'm guessing you're up to 20 right? Now have you achieved all this you mentioned??
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by KingAlabi: 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2020
At 20 I was still in 400 level in the university grin
Don't rush yourself bro
Just pick a goal and work towards
Trust me that saying that whatever a man puts his MIND to get he does get it.

It is literally true
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Ahmad62(m): 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2020
[quote author=greymiles post=96341700]By 20, you should have your own house, a car starting from 2010 upwards, at least 2 investments, a girlfriend(not compulsory) and at least 10m in your acct
Anything less than this, then you’re a failure already[/quote/]

Bleep off!
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by KingAlabi: 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
tollyboy5:

I don't know why I mention you again grin but I did that one time when I bashed ladies and Nigeria youth.
In early day I was so ambitious , me and my friend we learn a lot of stuff. I design amplifiers , radio rechargeable torch light.
One of my friend was working on FM transmitter then. My dad noticed I was going into designing of inverters and solar installations. He frustrated my attempt believing if I start seeing money then I won't complete my university education.
We save all of our feeding money and go to Alaba to buy electronics and after designing one or two project the whole thing explode and we start another savings.
I really suffered and had no phone yet struggled to browse with peoples phone to copy Circiut online.
I thought me and my friends would own tech companies by now grin .
The goes we set for yourself before we get to 18 years, my friend reminded me years back when we crossed 18 and I just laugh!
Now I inderstand my country better. I was foolishly studying when I should be flexing. I still study a lot of things till now but I give room for flexing and flirting now cool
I learn programming at age 14
Thinking i go develop the next thing after java

E be things bro grin

2 Likes

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by omooba969(m): 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
Membership of Ashawo Beer Parlour in Romance section. grin
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by DonroxyII: 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
Farki:

How is virginity an achievement? grin
It's an achievement for a 20yo ... Priority of a 20yo in 21st century challenges should never be sex ... u wanna set your future right and avoid distractions .... Good CGPA, soft and hard skills etc should be the priority... How not to fall and defeat 21st century and her global problems...

Also, sex ain't right unless with the right person in a controlled relationship e.g. marriage grin
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by merits(m): 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2020
I phone 12

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by sowilli: 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2020
The only thing you ought to have achieved is to know that thoughts, words and actions are seeds, so you put considerations into these things and have a focus for your life whilst making God the centre point. Don’t use another man’s achievement as your bench mark. We have different purpose in life thus different times to each one. Time and chance happeneth to us all. Abraham was called at 75 whilst some persons became king at 15 some 22. Jesus didn’t start his Ministry until 30 and see what he did within 3 years. My advice is for you is to have mentors who are living well. People you think have wisdom that you need and hold to them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Penboy: 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2020
At 20...

You should either be in school (if you chose the formal education pathway)

Or

Learning a skill or trade ( if you chose the vocational education pathway)

No bid deal, just stay focused.

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by MartinsD12(m): 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2020
thesicilian:
There's no global timeline for achievement. We all have separate destinies and missions in life.
I concur totally

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by ceejayluv(m): 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2020
Richdee1:

Just see this early morning idiot roaming round Nairaland.. If say as u talk na so e dey happen, every secondary school student for be baller na.. 10 million at age 20?? In this buhari era?
Everyman with e own kettle
in this era of Aza pressing, it's become less uncommon.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by sojfarm: 3:44pm On Nov 24, 2020
I thank God for your life so far.

Marriage is not something you go into because you are under pressure.

Make sure ready before you go into marriage. Then be very close to God on the issue of whom to marry.

Before marriage, the first thing is to know God personally. My brother be more close to God and He surely direct your paths including who to marry.

I pray that you will not marry your enemies in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by LagosAirport: 3:45pm On Nov 24, 2020
There is no direct journey in life. You achieve what work towards but make sure it's isn't material driven
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by hardeyincah(m): 3:45pm On Nov 24, 2020
U must not be a virgin by 20
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by AwesomeStormy00(m): 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2020
greymiles:

Haaaaa bros i disagree oo lol
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by grandlexuz(m): 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2020
A functional pennis ready to do the job needed for his twenties and early thirties.
All this foolish yardsticks putting untold pressure on humans.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? / I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 19 Years Of Waiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.