Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? (30094 Views)

Husband Discovers That His Wife’s Supposed Four Siblings Are Her Children / What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? / I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 (2) (3) (4)

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by jmichael259(m): 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2020
nastyking:
At the the age of 20 what should a young man supposed to have achieved. If you have any advice or life experience to share to the young minds please do.

Realistically speaking in today's world, should at least have three different sets of skills. It doesn't matter if it's programming, upholstery, multiple languages, music instrumentalist, driving etc

Any other thing (child, house, car, marriage, degree) na jara.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by zionstaar75: 3:48pm On Nov 24, 2020
Abcruz:
Every man has his time, some make it in their 30's, 40s or even 50s. So don't get yourself worked up over what a man is supposed to have achieved in his 20s.

Only create goals and strive to achieve them little by little. In your time you'll shine if you're willing to persist.
the most sensible comment on this thread

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by mema900: 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2020
Karleb:
You guys should stop oppressing yourselves unnecessary. At 20, I was still sucking my mother's breast. I mean that literally.

Those were the good ol' days. cool

How is your life now?
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Biggers82(m): 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2020
Impregnating 20 Ladies nah
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Karleb(m): 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2020
mema900:

How is your life now?

I'm still sucking mama breast o. No time. grin cool
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by mema900: 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2020
DonroxyII:
It's an achievement for a 20yo ... Priority of a 20yo in 21st century challenges should never be sex ... u wanna set your future right and avoid distractions .... Good CGPA, soft and hard skills etc should be the priority... How not to fall and defeat 21st century and her global problems...

Also, sex ain't right unless with the right person in a controlled relationship e.g. marriage grin

What are the benefits of ur good cgpa in ur present life?
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by chocboi78(m): 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2020
Sucess is undefined by age

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by mattmogan88: 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2020
A knee pain grin grin grin

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by doggedfighter(f): 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2020
tollyboy5:

I don't know why I mention you again grin but I did that one time when I bashed ladies and Nigeria youth.
In my early days I was so ambitious , me and my friend we learnt a lot of stuff. I design amplifiers , radio rechargeable torch light.
One of my friend was working on FM transmitter then. My dad noticed I was going into designing of inverters and solar installations. He frustrated my attempt believing if I start seeing money then I won't complete my university education.
We save all of our feeding money and go to Alaba to buy electronics and after designing one or two project the whole thing explode and we start another savings.
I really suffered and had no phone yet struggled to browse with peoples phone to copy Circiut online.
I thought me and my friends would own tech companies by now grin .
The goals we set for ourselves before we get to 18 years, my friend reminded me years later when we crossed 18 and I just laugh!
Now I inderstand my country better. I was foolishly studying when I should be flexing. I still study a lot of things till now but I give room for flexing and flirting now cool

Tollyboy5 for once thought you wanted to bash me grin grin grin

Come and flex , please
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Karleb(m): 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2020
mattmogan88:
A knee pain grin grin grin
gringrin
Most importantly, at least one torn trouser or skirt. It's very important.

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by tollyboy5(m): 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2020
KingAlabi:

I learn programming at age 14
Thinking i go develop the next thing after java

E be things bro grin
grin brotherly you said it all, I wanted to learn c++ to build robotic system then also. When I saw how difficult and no one to put me through I give up.

Bros now I be good programmer and embedded programmer but....
Still on still grin

E be things!

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by graphixhub29033: 3:55pm On Nov 24, 2020
Learn a skill
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by uuzba(m): 3:55pm On Nov 24, 2020
Get the F*** out of your parents' house at age 18 and stop asking useless questions on social media.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by osejie17(m): 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2020
at the age of 20 what do u want to achieve? omo if Yu are still an undergraduate try not to loose focus on your books. get good results.also learn a skill such as computer, tailoring, hair dressing etc
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by iyke109(m): 3:57pm On Nov 24, 2020
At 20
I have finished my university. bsc hons political science
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by tollyboy5(m): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2020
doggedfighter:

Tollyboy5 for once thought you wanted to bash me grin grin grin

Come and flex , please
Lol, in real life I dont bash ladies o! I respect all ladies. I have this believe that life push people to what they became.
If someone like me people use to see as young prof is like this today.
Then the some olosho in the street might have wanted to become a medical doctor at one point of their life

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by 198800Mam(m): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2020
gaius01:

Arrrrrrrh

My personal opinion then was,
At the age of 2O, a man who has plans to be a better person in life is to;
1. Be devoted with your religion, you can't exempt God from the equation of life.
2. At 19 i was through with my National diploma in computer with good grades.
3. Have a certificate in computer training.
4. Aiming for the next level, University! ( chasing your goals in life, be determine to make life meaningful)
5. Learn a profession, to add, like tailoring.
6. Read books.
7. Avoid ladies, to focus, I do not say hate them in real terms avoid relationship call love. Being friends with them is quite cool and be wise. And also avoid unnecessary friends.
8. To grow spiritually listen to message to boost your spirit man.
9. Have a nice sense of dress.
1O. Be a man of integrity and value!

My own thoughts then, and I am still following this guide to hit that bigger archivement in life, well the ball is in your court.

gud points you also need to learn one or two hand work or skills

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Farki: 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2020
DonroxyII:
It's an achievement for a 20yo ... Priority of a 20yo in 21st century challenges should never be sex ... u wanna set your future right and avoid distractions .... Good CGPA, soft and hard skills etc should be the priority... How not to fall and defeat 21st century and her global problems...

Also, sex ain't right unless with the right person in a controlled relationship e.g. marriage grin

I agree seriously with your first paragraph, not as much with the second one.

Either way we go still make am.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by sylve11: 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2020
thesicilian:
There's no global timeline for achievement. We all have separate destinies and missions in life.

répété....... cool

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Alexander71(m): 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2020
Ask yourself questions like what do you really want in this life, create a plan on how to get there then work towards it.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by luckyz4rea(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
nastyking:
At the the age of 20 what should a young man supposed to have achieved. If you have any advice or life experience to share to the young minds please do.

Life's purpose!
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by doggedfighter(f): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
tollyboy5:

Lol, in real life I dont bash ladies o! I respect all ladies. I have this believe that life push people to what they became.
If someone like me people use to see as young prof is like this today.
Then the some olosho in the street might have wanted to become a medical doctor at one point of their life

Life happens to us all sadly
Come and flex me first

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by DonroxyII: 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
Farki:

I agree seriously with your first paragraph, not as much with the second one.

Either way we go still make am.
It's just my Opinion and it's right to me Bet I'm not a virgin myself and yet to marry cheesy
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by PotatoSalad(m): 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
thesicilian:
There's no global timeline for achievement. We all have separate destinies and missions in life.
Well said

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by franzis(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2020
nastyking:

Nothing... Keep trying to figure out your life and path, avoid putting yourself under pressure or comparison
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Chris2863(m): 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2020
greymiles:
By 20, you should have your own house, a car starting from 2010 upwards, at least 2 investments, a girlfriend(not compulsory) and at least 10m in your acct
Anything less than this, then you’re a failure already
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by goldtube(m): 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2020
At age 20 you should be completely independent
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2020
Who cares? Why compare yourself with everyone else. Just strive to achieve your dreams. It's never to early or too late
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Gabriel004: 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2020
greymiles:
By 20, you should have your own house, a car starting from 2010 upwards, at least 2 investments, a girlfriend(not compulsory) and at least 10m in your acct
Anything less than this, then you’re a failure already
This one is foolish already.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by SenecaTheYonger: 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2020
10 million in savings
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Olabamiji509: 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2020
For this naija?pesin no fit achieve anytin.even if you try to achieve pere them go increased the price of cement,food and petroleum..

Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 19 Years Of Waiting / I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help / 8 Things No One Tells You About Marriage!