Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,390 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:22 AM

At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? (30708 Views)

Husband Discovers That His Wife’s Supposed Four Siblings Are Her Children / What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? / I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
In Africa nothing you're still a child...your parents sees you as an adult in Africa at the age of 30 for male and 25 for females then for female once you're 25 and turn adult you get married because you have no time remaining then for male @30 you have turn to adult no money...your parents will see you as already useless then they start telling to go for night vigil and prayers because something supernatural must be holding you down....but they had you caged since your 18years to 30years

AFRICA IS FACING ALOT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS

5 Likes

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by tollyboy5(m): 4:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
doggedfighter:

Life happens to us all sadly
Come and flex me first
tongue I have female friends on the queue. Your activism on the endsars protest deserve you a nice outing. If I don't travel out of Lagos this month end. then December will be us flexing wink
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by ebenezer202l(f): 4:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
Ahmad62:
bleep off
failure spotted cool

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by chocboi78(m): 4:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
ufondunenye:
Today is my birthday guys. grin grin grin smiley
nd ure in abj..make I flex u na
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by nervegasfarts: 4:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
Richdee1:

Just see this early morning idiot roaming round Nairaland.. If say as u talk na so e dey happen, every secondary school student for be baller na.. 10 million at age 20?? In this buhari era?
Everyman with e own kettle

You missed the sarcasm!!
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Karleb(m): 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2020
goldtube:
At age 20 you should be completely independent

Did you mean completely dependent?
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by simplesearch: 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2020
In Nig. of today all things being equal, you should be in either of 300L,400L or just a fresh grad. In terms of physical acquisition not much is expected of you, infact to own a car at that age means you are from a well to do background.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Sukkyy2010: 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2020
ethicallyright:

You quoted me yesterday because you didn't like how my honest comment ended. As an inquisitive fellow, I'm eager to know how old you are because you look like a teenager.
imagine, how could you say someone you have never set your eyes on look like teenager you can't even tell...you should rather say he sound like a type.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by emmaitive(m): 4:16pm On Nov 24, 2020
salvation...seek first the kingdom of God and every other thing shall be added unto you matt 6 vs 33

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Ahmad62(m): 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2020
ebenezer202l:
failure spotted cool

Ohh I'm not a failure lady...Only yahoo boys can earn that much at that age... Stop thinking with your anus

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by AmVista: 4:20pm On Nov 24, 2020
At 20 who should swallow Red pill grin
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Lawsaite: 4:23pm On Nov 24, 2020
ethicallyright:

You quoted me yesterday because you didn't like how my honest comment ended. As an inquisitive fellow, I'm eager to know how old you are because you look like a teenager.
From her picture, say 17 to 19

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Maj196(m): 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2020
I was in 300L/400L at 20, graduated at 23, working at 25
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by goldtube(m): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2020
Karleb:

Did you mean completely dependent?

Independent, you should be able to stand on your own, not depending on parents, brothers or uncles
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Karleb(m): 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2020
goldtube:

Independent, you should be able to stand on your own, not depending on parents, brothers or uncles

@20? This must be a joke. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by euniselfyahoo: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2020
As far as Nigeria is concerned, one may not be able to achieve much. But at least you should have gotten your school sat.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by LyfeJennings(m): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2020
gaius01:

Arrrrrrrh

My personal opinion then was,
At the age of 2O, a man who has plans to be a better person in life is to;
1. Be devoted with your religion, you can't exempt God from the equation of life.
2. At 19 i was through with my National diploma in computer with good grades.
3. Have a certificate in computer training.
4. Aiming for the next level, University! ( chasing your goals in life, be determine to make life meaningful)
5. Learn a profession, to add, like tailoring.
6. Read books.
7. Avoid ladies, to focus, I do not say hate them in real terms avoid relationship call love. Being friends with them is quite cool and be wise. And also avoid unnecessary friends.
8. To grow spiritually listen to message to boost your spirit man.
9. Have a nice sense of dress.
1O. Be a man of integrity and value!

My own thoughts then, and I am still following this guide to hit that bigger archivement in life, well the ball is in your court.

I'm 35
Have a good job
Good business
But U are far better than me
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by KingAlabi: 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
tollyboy5:

grin brotherly you said it all, I wanted to learn c++ to build robotic system then also. When I saw how difficult and no one to put me through I give up.

Bros now I be good programmer and embedded programmer but....
Still on still grin

E be things!
Brotherly grin
I lost interest sha later on

Na football make me loose interest
Football I no dey play again

From one interest to another

E be things bro

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by EinsteinCloned(m): 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2020
Okay!

At 20:

1. Own your mind, but allow others feed it with your kinda nutrition
2. Own your religion, not the one you've been told by your clergy and family
3. Own a will, this will power your mind and religion
4. Own a sense of responsibility, begin to believe that this world survives on the POWER OF ONE and you're the ONE. This will drive your actions
5. Own knowledge and skills, these will announce you
6. Own character, this will preserve your now found fame
7. Own relationships, don't be a lone ranger. This will help you in your wildernesses
8. Own honour, this will give you recommendations
9. Own patriotism at all cost, this teaches you deep service
10. Own NOTHING, but start working on owning the 9 THINGS above and GOOD THINGS will chase after you

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by OneKinGuy(m): 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2020
mattmogan88:
A knee pain grin grin grin
na backpain me get o and am 21 grin grin
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2020
His first ejaculation
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Kevinsamba: 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2020
Are you normal
sweetrace:
All things being equal, you should be doing your NYSC.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by JustforMen: 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2020
My formula is simple - useful life is divided into 3:
0 - 25years - A man should do all within his means to be legally able to be prepared to earn a living and respect. Go school, learn a trade, start a business, etc.
26 - 50years - A man should be able to use his preparation from the first 25yrs to earn a honest living and prepare for the next

51 -75yrs - one should be able to use his earnings and successes from the previous 25yrs to support himself through this stage, retirement and up to ultimate departure.

- There is no hard and fast rule here. life happens but if one is focused he may still recover even if one stage lasts longer... the most important thing, have a plan.
- Just remember that the last point about dying is the most certain in all... so along the way, always be prepared to meet your maker and if you don't believe in God be prepare to be a very good manure for plants and animals to thrive on.

May God show us mercy and favor!
"May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars."
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2020
ezenwajosh:
In Africa nothing you're still a child...your parents sees you as an adult in Africa at the age of 30 for male and 25 for females then for female once you're 25 and turn adult you get married because you have no time remaining then for male @30 you have turn to adult no money...your parents will see you as already useless then they start telling to go for night vigil and prayers because something supernatural must be holding you down....but they had you caged since your 18years to 30years

AFRICA IS FACING ALOT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS
very true..... Many are in our comfort zone including me.many people are now expecting success without doing anything , taking a risk or leaving ur comfort zone .

Worst is praying and fasting without any action ....
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2020
LyfeJennings:

I'm 35
Have a good job
Good business
But U are far better than me
Thank you Sir, I will still add that!
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2020
Lilgabby:

Hmmm!
Please pass all this to Wizkid or davido and get a reply first... Then, you come back... I got some things to tell you.

Lol, I have already gotten my answer. But as a matter of facts, am giving this, from my own personal experience. Everybody way is not your way, destiny so much differs!!
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by IMASTEX: 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2020
thesicilian:
There's no global timeline for achievement. We all have separate destinies and missions in life.
The question shock you too! He should be a professor, president & have $100 trillion.

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by doggedfighter(f): 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2020
tollyboy5:

tongue I have female friends on the queue. Your activism on the endsars protest deserve you a nice outing. If I don't travel out of Lagos this month end. then December will be us flexing wink

grin grin grin okay

1 Like

Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by MakeMoves: 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
Heartbreak,physical strength, the way economy works, and how to gain favor from people. Anything else, an exception.
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by humilitypays(m): 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2020
greymiles:
By 20, you should have your own house, a car starting from 2010 upwards, at least 2 investments, a girlfriend(not compulsory) and at least 10m in your acct
Anything less than this, then you’re a failure already
you forgot to add that he ought to have been an ex Governor or Senator, wereh cheesy grin
Re: At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? by darlenese(f): 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2020
Waec, , or 1st degree

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? / Please I Need People Advice Over This Issue / Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.