Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away - Pets (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away (79852 Views)

See The Little Witch I Saw In My Apartment Today / The Chick That Refused To Go Away Is Now A Mother Hen / Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 7:11am On Aug 19, 2021
MissSlimbody:

I can see she's still a poser smiley
I think Mira was a fashion model in her previous life cheesy cheesy

...Good to see Mira again kiss
Lol, once a poser - always a poser cheesy

1F30M4:

Mira baybee, keep radiating.. Always camera-ready, she should be on the gram infact cheesy cool

Congrats to Cindy on her new bundles of joy, y'all please be safe.
The gram, sounds nice but nah... No time, I myself I'm not on the gram. NL is enough for now. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by kayswag100(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2021
Happy for u bro and thanks for reviving the thread. Please ensure non of Cindy's babies is picked off by hawks.

Then can u help us get Mira "pregnant" too??

5 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimmoney(m): 1:56pm On Aug 19, 2021
is it true that when u touch the eggs with bare hand it will never hatch anymore, cause growing up we were told so and till date i don't know if its myths or fact.
RightRoad:

Congrats. Cute mother and chicks kiss Hope you're giving them food & water already?
She didn't have a flat surface for her eggs, could be the reason they didn't hatch all at once. The position of their eggs can affect how effectively they cover them. Next time, when you see them lay in this kind of place, just get a small bowl(round enough to contain her when covering the eggs), fill like half space of the bowl with sand and place the egg/eggs in it. Then place the bowl in the exact location where you found the egg/eggs, it will continue laying in it and it will help when brooding.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by chukskafor(m): 7:25pm On Aug 19, 2021
slimmoney:
is it true that when u touch the eggs with bare hand it will never hatch anymore, cause growing up we were told so and till date i don't know if its myths or fact.
Myth and fact.
First of all, I refer to it as fact because if you pick it touch the egg immediately it was laid and still warm, chances are that the shell might come in contact with germs on the hand which ain't visible to the ordinary eyes, secondly, if hand is wet or sweaty, it's an instant damage blow on the embryo..... Truth is, before picking up the eggs, give it some time to get cold after laying, then dry your hands with towel before picking it up, you may want to rub some ash on your palm to act as a natural absorbent; if the above is observed, then you don't have any cause for alarm.
In the other hand, the forebears knows this is a myth if all protocol listed earlier above is observed.
NB: mind you that they are some wicked chicken that once they sense that their clutch (eggs)has been tampered,they automatically abandon everything and move on to starting a new clutch

8 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by chukskafor(m): 7:38pm On Aug 19, 2021
Kaeboy:

grin grin

See them so cute.
Like play like play you don get poultry o.
To protect them from hawks, go and buy red dye, paint dem all over. Hawk will be scared of them till the color start fading, then you paint again. Else hawk might pick and eat up to three a day.
Bro,i don't know for some peeps oh, but you see the above ehn, e fail me woefully, the first time I tried it, those niggers had a field day with my chicks, I lost about six birds before dusk in a day ; lesson learnt the hard way, I started keeping my mother hen and it's chicks in a coop until they've come of age, on most cases, when the mother hen seems restless, I collect the chicks and allow it go it's way, it takes like a week before it readjust to the new reality of not being with it chicks and I bred them in intensive way, knowing that that is the best for the birds and I

4 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by chukskafor(m): 7:42pm On Aug 19, 2021
slimcassi:
"CUTENESS OVERLOAD"
I guess their father ain't one of those cockerels you bought on bonanza from those Hausa from Kaduna.
A picture of their father will help us judge what the offspring from the combo will look like

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2021
chukskafor:
Bro,i don't know for some peeps oh, but you see the above ehn, e fail me woefully, the first time I tried it, those niggers had a field day with my chicks, I lost about six birds before dusk in a day ; lesson learnt the hard way, I started keeping my mother hen and it's chicks in a coop until they've come of age, on most cases, when the mother hen seems restless, I collect the chicks and allow it go it's way, it takes like a week before it readjust to the new reality of not being with it chicks and I bred them in intensive way, knowing that that is the best for the birds and I

Everything is changing. This thing used to work like magic while we were growing up o.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 19, 2021
chukskafor:

NB: mind you that they are some wicked chicken that once they sense that their clutch (eggs)has been tampered,they automatically abandon everything and move on to starting a new clutch

Yea, while we were growing up, we had mother hens who would abandon the whole eggs for you once you touch them. So we used to use something to carry them gently so it doesn't crack.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by RightRoad: 9:42pm On Aug 19, 2021
slimmoney:
They don't have the kind of nose that sniff and know that their eggs have been touched, so you can touch the eggs. You can even touch their eggs under them when brooding. Just don't relocate the eggs to somewhere else.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by RightRoad: 9:57pm On Aug 19, 2021
T
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by RightRoad: 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2021
Kaeboy:

Yea, while we were growing up, we had mother hens who would abandon the whole eggs for you once you touch them. So we used to use something to carry them gently so it doesn't crack.
You probably relocated the rejected eggs to somewhere else other than where they were laid.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
chukskafor:
I guess their father ain't one of those cockerels you bought on bonanza from those Hausa from Kaduna.
A picture of their father will help us judge what the offspring from the combo will look like
Nah, compared to the time I bought them(Cockerel) Mira and Cindy were adults, so it can't be even though they grow up fast.
I have two roosters, can't tell which exactly is responsible cheesy, although one is a bit timid while the other is aggressive trying to claim the territory as well as the hens for himself alone.

At a point I had to separate the two roosters, got to a point the scuffle became bloody, the timid one lost all the feathers covering the head and neck area with injuries to the comb.

Presently both are in separate places. Will post the pics when I'm chanced.

3 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by 1F30M4(f): 11:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
slimcassi:
I have two roosters, can't tell which exactly is responsible cheesy, although one is a bit timid while the other is aggressive trying to claim the territory as well as the hens for himself alone.

At a point I had to separate the two roosters, got to a point the scuffle became bloody, the timid one lost all the feathers covering the head and neck area with injuries to the comb.

Presently both are in separate places. Will post the pics when I'm chanced.

@the emboldened shocked shocked OMG! Good you separated them.. That aggressive rooster is really something cheesy cheesy If only we could do some DNA testing to know the newest Dada coc.k-a-doodle-doo in town, if onlyy grin grin haha lol don't mind me at all.. Yeah, do share some pictures of them too.

5 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 20, 2021
RightRoad:

You probably relocated the rejected eggs to somewhere else other than where they were laid.

Yes probably when we want to help her change position.

1 Like

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by chukskafor(m): 11:56am On Aug 20, 2021
RightRoad:

They don't have the kind of nose that sniff and know that their eggs have been touched, so you can touch the eggs. You can even touch their eggs under them when brooding. Just don't relocate the eggs to somewhere else.
The last line, I stand to argue to an extent, I do relocate my hen's egg to a better place if I am not comfortable with the nesting site it choses and believe me, they still go ahead to lay the remaining eggs at the spot I relocated the eggs to, it all borders down on what your relationship with the hen looks like.
Let me shock you a little, I have a hen which whenever it is laying, I hand pick each egg it lays on the dailies, at the very first impulse of it going broody, I set down the eggs for it to incubate and guess what, it will be due in matter of days from now

1 Like

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by RightRoad: 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2021
chukskafor:
The last line, I stand to argue to an extent, I do relocate my hen's egg to a better place if I am not comfortable with the nesting site it choses and believe me, they still go ahead to lay the remaining eggs at the spot I relocated the eggs to, it all borders down on what your relationship with the hen looks like.
Let me shock you a little, I have a hen which whenever it is laying, I hand pick each egg it lays on the dailies, at the very first impulse of it going broody, I set down the eggs for it to incubate and guess what, it will be due in matter of days from now
Yes, what you wrote apply to most hens but not all. Most of them will likely go anywhere they see eggs but some of them reject at any slight relocation. So, I wrote that just to be on safer side.
As you said, it largely depends on one's relationship with the hen.

1 Like

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2021
1F30M4:

@the emboldened shocked shocked OMG! Good you separated them.. That aggressive rooster is really something cheesy cheesy If only we could do some DNA testing to know the newest Dada coc.k-a-doodle-doo in town, if onlyy grin grin haha lol don't mind me at all.. Yeah, do share some pictures of them too.
Hahaha, you're funny.
Had to separate them cus that's the only way peace would rain.
At bold text, if only. Lol

1 Like

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2021
Update;

So something happened a few minutes ago, I'm a bit sad tho but am ok. Remember how I told u guys I separated the roosters just so peace could rain, well.....

One of them got free and all hell broke lose cry
Good news is nobody died, bad news is..... cry cry cry

Someone got injured (seriously)..

Further update coming up later.

1 Like

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by doubleE70: 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
slimcassi:
Update;

So something happened a few minutes ago, I'm a bit sad tho but am ok. Remember how I told u guys I separated the roosters just so peace could rain, well.....

cry end time roostercheesy

1 Like

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2021
slimcassi:
Update;

So the lastborn of the house went and did Ajayi work, he went and fed the whole chicken, in the process the door I used to separate the two roosters was left open.

After a few minutes the territorial squabble began, and in the quest for supremacy and dominance a little chicks was caught in the cross-fire cry

The little chick was left injured.

3 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2021
Had to wash off the blood and treat the bird. I'm no doctor but atleast I tried, I think I should apply for doctor's license grin

Made do with items at home.

23 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2021
slimcassi:
Had to wash off the blood and treat the bird. I'm no doctor but atleast I tried, I think I should apply for doctor's license grin

Made do with items at home.

Eyah poor little chick. She's going to grow up limping. You can apply normal methylated spirit or gv.

I don't mean to laugh but this your bandage is funny grin grin grin
And you had to wrap the chick in wrapper cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 5:23am On Aug 22, 2021
Kaeboy:

Eyah poor little chick. She's going to grow up limping. You can apply normal methylated spirit or gv.

I don't mean to laugh but this your bandage is funny grin grin grin
And you had to wrap the chick in wrapper cheesy
Lol, had to wrap the chick as it was shivering probably due to the pain and the water I used to wash off the blood stains.

On applying meth. spirit, uhm... I think it will be a bit too harsh on the chick, wouldn't want this little chick experiencing such pain at this tender age. The GV sounds ok but unfortunately I don't have any at home.

3 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by 1F30M4(f): 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2021
slimcassi:

So the lastborn of the house went and did Ajayi work, he went and fed the whole chicken, in the process the door I used to separate the two roosters was left open.

After a few minutes the territorial squabble began, and in the quest for supremacy and dominance a little chicks was caught in the cross-fire cry

The little chick was left injured.

Owwwhhh dear, poor little baby, it sure needs special care & attention now.. We see what you're doing and I want to commend you, able paramedic wink

3 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2021
1F30M4:

Owwwhhh dear, poor little baby, it sure needs special care & attention now.. We see what you're doing and I want to commend you, able paramedic wink
Thanks dear. It's to collect license that's left grin

1 Like

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by DumbGeek(m): 2:06am On Aug 23, 2021
This is cute bro❤️.... I'm sorry for it embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by obileye47g: 4:08am On Aug 24, 2021
okay
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by 379agboola: 2:08am On Aug 25, 2021
okay
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Fremantle: 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2021
Fremantle:
Op, how far

Easter is around the corner o...

Are u reasoning what am thinking cool
Like play, Easter passed, Salah passed also, and this chickens are still here.

I most say kudos to you op. You have tried cool

3 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
Hey what's up guys
Happy new month to you all.

I have a not so great news to share with u guys. As you all have seen and noticed over the past few months I've not bin consistent with update, reasons been that I've bin quite busy and unfortunately over the next coming months u guys will see less update from me.

I'll try my best to update the thread whenever I can and be rest assured the chickens will be well treated.

That bin said, update on Cindy and her little chicks, everyone is fine, the chicks re in gud health, although their growth is a bit slow compared to when I got Mira. Maybe I'm just in a rush grin and about the chick that got injured - well it's fine and has healed up well, it no longer limps (like @kaeboy pointed out) wink.

One more thing before I forget, I know it took like forever for me to show u guys the roosters, well I got a pic and u guys will see and can also tell which is timid and which is aggressive.

N: if u look closely you'll see that one is missing feathers around the chest area, that's a result of the unending scuffle cry

Once again I'll like to thank everyone that took out time to participate one way or another to make this thread lively and what it is today. Without you guys this thread would have bin long forgotten.
We've come a long way grin
Thanks guys kiss kiss kiss

8 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2021
DumbGeek:
Happy Sunday bro Slimcassi how are the fam
Happy Sunday to you also. They're all doing great. Apologies on the late update wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

World's Most Expensive Snake Is Lavender Albino Ball Python, Costs N14 Million / My Diary (From A Dog's POV) / The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.