Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away - Pets (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away (79983 Views)

See The Little Witch I Saw In My Apartment Today / The Chick That Refused To Go Away Is Now A Mother Hen / Help! My Dog Doesn't Know Where To Urinate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by ComrdDRS1: 9:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
DNA is needed here
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2021
Hello cool what's up guys.
Bin like forever.........
Hope y'all are doing great in ur various places.
Good to be back.

UPDATE
Cindy and her chicks are doing ok including Mira as well. Talking about Mira, there's good news guys......

She just started laying some days back, the pics below shows 5eggs, but as at this morning it's 7 in total, hoping for more on the way. As she's in her laying faze, she hasn't started covering yet, guess wen she's done laying the covering will start.

Will keep u guys posted.

11 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2021
UPDATE

Hello guys, good day. Hope y'all are doing great.
There has been a new development but first let me tell u, Mira has started covering and the total amount of eggs she layed was 10 (at least that's what I counted the last time I checked) now that she's covering it might be more. grin

Back to the earlier news (development) of recent Cindy has been chasing all her chicks away, if they come close she knocks them and chase them away. At first I taught something was wrong and maybe Cindy had bad parenting instinct, cos the chickens are still very young to Carter for them selves when their mother is still alive.

It turned out that Cindy just started laying for the second time cheesy so I figured that's what caused her grumpy attitude towards her chicks. Oh poor chickens cry they won't know why their mother is acting up.

Below is a pic of Mira covering and the eggs Cindy is laying. I guess she's fond of the charcoal bags cos that's where she hatched the chickens.

Modified: I was able to count the eggs when she stood up to feed. Total amount is 12eggs.

10 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by chukwugoziegi: 10:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
Omo! You're really blessed with this chicken thing o. See as your fowl dey born, raise plenty pikin come dey lay plenty eggs again. Your hand good no be small.

11 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by dazzlingd(m): 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2021
Thread of the year.
I love this

7 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by RYEOFARMS(m): 6:21am On Oct 17, 2021
slimcassi:

Thanks for ur input
About introducing a Rooster I already did although for the past 4days now there's not bin peace, Mira & Cindy keep chasing the two Roosters, don't want to see them at all. I know it's cus they're new to the environment.

Anyways about popping an egg dat wouldn't b necessary, I knew from tym the only thing I've done is change their food, more of rice and millet now.

Mira layed about 7eggs and she has started covering them and acting protective over them.
Seems your hen is a WELSUMER (WELSUMER are a breed of chicken from Dutch,bred mainly for ornamental purposes... perhaps if you later decide to later create an IG handle,follow us on IG @ ryeo_animal_world if you would like to know more about the breed and other various types of chicken breeds)
By the way,nice thread keep it up smiley

6 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 10:52pm On Oct 17, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Seems your hen is a WELSUMER (WELSUMER are a breed of chicken from Dutch,bred mainly for ornamental purposes... perhaps if you later decide to later create an IG handle,follow us on IG @ ryeo_animal_world if you would like to know more about the breed and other various types of chicken breeds)
By the way,nice thread keep it up smiley
Thanks for the heads-up, will do to check out ur IG page when I'm chanced.

About what u said Mira been a "WELSUMER" the key word there is 'seems' but she isn't. I did a few research from what u said and I could see some similarity, Mira looks like the breed but every other thing doesn't apply.

The WELSUMER breed are bred mainly for egg production, a wels can lay over 160+ eggs a year. Correct me if I'm wrong but over here in Nigeria I think they're referred to as Layers.

All the same tho, thanks for your input and I'm looking forward to ur IG Handle.

Below is a WELSUMER, you can see the resemblance to Mira.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by RYEOFARMS(m): 2:56am On Oct 18, 2021
slimcassi:

Thanks for the heads-up, will do to check out ur IG page when I'm chanced.

About what u said Mira been a "WELSUMER" the key word there is 'seems' but she isn't. I did a few research from what u said and I could see some similarity, Mira looks like the breed but every other thing doesn't apply.

The WELSUMER breed are bred mainly for egg production, a wels can lay over 160+ eggs a year. Correct me if I'm wrong but over here in Nigeria I think they're referred to as Layers.

All the same tho, thanks for your input and I'm looking forward to ur IG Handle.

Below is a WELSUMER, you can see the resemblance to Mira.
you’re welcome
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by emmyluizzz: 12:36pm On Oct 19, 2021
Xmas is coming ....I know what you are thinking....
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Fremantle: 7:15pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmyluizzz:
Xmas is coming ....I know what you are thinking....
grin grin grin
Sorry to say, if it's what am thinking that you're also thinking and u think the op will think in the same direction we both are thinking lipsrsealed......

The OP will fall ur hands, he proved me wrong during Easter cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by emmyluizzz: 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2021
Fremantle:

grin grin grin
Sorry to say, if it's what am thinking that you're also thinking and u think the op will think in the same direction we both are thinking lipsrsealed......

The OP will fall ur hands, he proved me wrong during Easter cheesy

maybe he is saving the best for the last..Xmas things you know
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Fremantle: 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmyluizzz:

maybe he is saving the best for the last..Xmas things you know
Probably.
Well we'll have to wait and see grin
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 9:32am On Nov 02, 2021
Hello guys

Happy New Month
Hope y'all are fine

UPDATE
Like I said in previous post Cindy was laying and Mira s covering..... Well as things stands now, Cindy has started covering she layed about 9eggs but due to the height of where she layed and not having a well balance surface, and also her leaving and getting back due to feeding, two of the eggs broke cry so it's seven now.

And for Mira, good news guys......
Her post might come on a new thread, depending! I would want to make a statement on those that had mixed feeling about not getting this far.

What do u guys think, should we open a new thread (hopefully it makes front page) for the good news on Mira??

Pls let me know....... grin

5 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by MissSlimbody(f): 10:45am On Nov 02, 2021
Mira don born oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Congratulations to Mira and Mira's dad (Slimcassi) grin grin

6 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by CakesToolsOvens(f): 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2021
Mira got lucky God led her into the hands of a good father. grin

Weldone op.

4 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 8:09am On Nov 03, 2021
MissSlimbody:

cheesy grin Thank you grin cheesy
CakesToolsOvens:
Mira got lucky God led her into the hands of a good father. grin

Weldone op.
Thanks cheesy cheesy
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by whytediamond(m): 8:45am On Nov 03, 2021
visiondee:
Bros, you sabi run? If the mama catch you, make I no talk. grin grin gringrin

Na joke ooo. Bro if you can, keep it but it might be strenuous for you for weeks to one month plus. But since the chick has already built a connection with you, keeping it will worth it

Modified:
Bros @OP.... Congratulations ooo, you really did a great work, as the chick don grow well, tell her to be ready to bring home husband and never forget to make the list very very long ooo.......
And to we the online caretakers wey dey helep you keep an eye on it from those wey don ready garri to join deal with the chicken, God don pass dem... Please send our own marriage goodies cut ooo.... No be easy work we do....
If you self join take care of the chick.... Gather here

Funny Dude. Why I like Nairaland.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by JOACHINpedro: 8:48am On Nov 03, 2021
Guy, for this hunger season you dey pet food angry
You follow for 9ja problem

2 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by suffering: 8:52am On Nov 03, 2021
The chick likely strayed from its flock and out of its mother’s watchful eye. Not all chicks survive in the wild. It was good you came across it when you did. Without the strain of trying to survive daily or mistakenly eating poison, it grew to create its own offspring.

5 Likes

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Ifesinachi22(m): 9:07am On Nov 03, 2021
slimmoney:
is it true that when u touch the eggs with bare hand it will never hatch anymore, cause growing up we were told so and till date i don't know if its myths or fact.

I heard so too
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by lkillbrokehoes: 10:04am On Nov 03, 2021
MissSlimbody:

Hatch not born undecided
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 03, 2021
phyl123:

Try if you can it will help. I’ve always had pets. At the moment I’ve got a Cat and she is a source of joy for the family. Animals can feel your emotion even without saying anything.
Have you tried talking to someone about what you are going through? I hope you get well soon.
I've got two cats. Seems the female is preggy.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by EgusiShankly: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2021
slimcassi:
Had to wash off the blood and treat the bird. I'm no doctor but atleast I tried, I think I should apply for doctor's license grin

Made do with items at home.
Omo..gringrin
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by McStoic(m): 10:29am On Nov 03, 2021
Nice thread..Lol
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by McStoic(m): 10:31am On Nov 03, 2021
slimcassi:
Hello guys

Happy New Month
Hope y'all are fine

UPDATE
Like I said in previous post Cindy was laying and Mira s covering..... Well as things stands now, Cindy has started covering she layed about 9eggs but due to the height of where she layed and not having a well balance surface, and also her leaving and getting back due to feeding, two of the eggs broke cry so it's seven now.

And for Mira, good news guys......
Her post might come on a new thread, depending! I would want to make a statement on those that had mixed feeling about not getting this far.

What do u guys think, should we open a new thread (hopefully it makes front page) for the good news on Mira??

Pls let me know....... grin

Open a new thread and post the link here for us to follow grin
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by MissSlimbody(f): 1:11pm On Nov 03, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Hatch not born undecided

Born tongue
Go bring your police undecided

1 Like

Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 1:49pm On Nov 03, 2021
McStoic:

Open a new thread and post the link here for us to follow grin
Thread has been opened smiley
Link:https://www.nairaland.com/6832558/chick-refused-go-away-now
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by Darkmode64: 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2021
Glawrie:
Wow
This reminded me of last December 2020, my best friend's dad buys day old chicks every January and rears them till December, only for consumption during festive periods and for gifting people. He called me few days to Christmas to come and collect one chicken. I went there very early on Christmas day to get it. It was an all white local chicken,the biggest I ever saw in my life, looking old (almost a year old) and gentle. The legs were now bent, couldn't stand properly anymore.
We didn't kill it for Christmas because we had frozen ones in the fridge. so we decided to wait till new year. We kept it in a big bath, because it can't run around anymore, it was no longer agile.
During this period of waiting for the new year, I became attached to the chicken, I fed her and changed her water regularly, she doesn't like dirts at all, when she poos, she will just shift her bum bum to the clean side of the bath, she won't even try to step on it. she will rather sit uncomfortably to avoid her body from touching the poo. This made me love her the more, she doesn't cry anyhow.
Every night, I'll reserve a torchlight for her inside the bath so it won't be dark. sometimes I play with her, if I remove the torch, she will start crying and she will stop when I return it back ..lols
I never saw myself being attracted to an animal like this, because am always scared of them. but from the day I met her, all my fear went away.
I begged my mom to let us keep her that I love her but she refused saying its exhausting to rear chicken.
On the last Sunday of the year, I came home from church to meet her death. they've just passed the knife through her throat when I came in. I shed tears and then I just lock up but I never ate from the chicken at all till it finished.
Looking forward to starting my own poultry farm this year by God's grace.
awww you're a naturally kind person. Similar thing happened to me. I travelled early this year to my aunts place and when I was scheduled to return home, she gave me a very big cock: biggest I had ever seen infact, to give to my mum. At first I was a little hesitant and gradually I formed a bond with this cock. Long story short, I had to kill it myself. It was heartbreaking, but i had to do it and reminded myself that they are animals for a reason.
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by kechywillz(m): 5:14pm On Nov 03, 2021
Nna eh...I love this thread,its even funny
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by McStoic(m): 9:40am On Nov 06, 2021
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by DenreleDave(m): 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2021
Lorlahlizzy:
Awwwn embarassed grin
Nice thread Op

Can I get to know you, Lizzy lola
Re: The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away by slimcassi(m): 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2021
Happy Anniversary to this Thread

So about a year ago on this day this thread was created about a little Birdie that found comfort amongst human. Oh how far we've come, and to all those who contributed one way or another, Happy Anniversary to y'all.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

World's Most Expensive Snake Is Lavender Albino Ball Python, Costs N14 Million / My Diary (From A Dog's POV) / The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.