Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy (45942 Views)

Nigerians In The UK Are Asked To Bring £30 For BVN / Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by kulaShaker(f): 9:23am On Jul 17, 2007
lol word grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by darfur(m): 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2007
Dear Stingy Sienna,
i have recieved your memo dated 17th july 2007. unfortunately i was away to attend the graduation ceremony of a friend in cardiff university in stingy wales. i was too stingy to make a call to you or to the office to acknowledge the reception of your memo. however, i do appreciate the efforts of all our staff across the globe to improve on the advancing stingy epidemic. i specially recognise the efforts of stingy elgaxton to advance our course in nigeria and other parts of the african continent. i also recognise the good works of stingy soulpatrol who has been patrolling the stingy movement across the atlantic. i am well pleased.
permit me to use this medium to inform all our staff as well as applicants that no money will be remitted for any official duty. . . .reason: you know now
all the best
Dafur de stingy
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by omogenaija(f): 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2007
LMAO @ siena and darfur
my sting uk ppl

but siena wat do u mean stingy usa is about to be formed angry
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by omogenaija(f): 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2007
lol-- ur to funny
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by sandykoko(f): 9:31am On Jul 18, 2007
this is serious!!!! so this thread is still on, is it ever gonna end?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by blonde1(f): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2007
kudos to all who made me laugh in this thread.

And seriously, no, they aren't stingy. When I stayed in London for a short time, in Dalston, there were shops for sending money home on every corner and they had enough customers to exist and prosper.

I talked to some people too and you know what? Sending money home is draining a lot of them. Look at the Chinese. Some of them arrive poor, but they save everything they can, keep it and invest it in their own business or education of their children and in the next generation they are much better off than most African migrants. And Africans' savings go home, and many corrupt governments wouldn't exist anymore if not for the migrants taking care of what the government should take care of. Without the money sent by migrants many countries would go bankrupt.

Of course money in the UK or elsewhere is not easy, it is your sweat, you have limited resources and your closest family is the first to get it, then the true friends who were really close and helped you out many times, and after that there's nothing left. So this money won't go to people who you just casually know, or even met only a few times. If somebody thinks that a person whom he barely knows has any obligation of this kind for just knowing each other, he's stupid. Most people are too generous anyway and this has the effect of slower accumulation of wealth among Africans abroad than among other migrants.

So stop whining about stinginess, the money they send goes into the economy and you benefit of it anyway.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by smile76(f): 11:20pm On Jul 18, 2007
people talk crap all the time. washing plate or being a cleaner is still a job just to make a pund and pay bills. you guy in niger think its easy for people living here eh. let me tell you something there is no way you can stop your electricity or gas meter to stop running like you can do NEPA. so bills comin through your door every week and the having phone calls that will never ask you how you're coping, if you ill or not but about how much is needed from you.
abeg if you don wash plate or clean floors you cant eat, not like back home where you can pop in to cousin's, friends or neighbours aleast you can get groundnut.
please if you have never experienced anything over here, its better to shut up.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Ndipe(m): 2:23am On Jul 19, 2007
The wearer of a shoe knows where it hurts. There are individuals who vamossed back to Nigeria, upon arriving in UK, because of the harsh realiities they faced. For others, they have decided to wade the storm, no matter how fierce. For those who live a comfortable life living in Nigeria, and yearing to move to the states, remember the saying, "All that glitters is not gold".

About remittance of money to Nigeria, I am beginning to think that sometimes, your generousity can backfire in that it could create laziness and a sense of entitlement in the mind of the beneficiary. How about you just send money, a nice sum, once, to a sibling, loved one, and tell them to invest in biz?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by zaksman(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2007
hw can u xpect sb who do odd jobs lyk washing dead bodies, working in 3 diffrent places a day at - DegreesCentigrade wthout havin enuf sleep and also receivng all sorts of insult from d whites to send som lazy pple money relaxn in nija.its impossibl nw. if u think its easy, u can as wel go 2 UK and send money 2 pple here nw. [b]YEYE![/b]even me no go send anybody kobo aradu.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by superman(m): 9:51pm On Jul 20, 2007
ah
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 9:13am On Jul 23, 2007
@Darfur and Siena!

Hmmm

All dem stingy Alliance

You are making it formal eh! shocked grin

Pls I remain my humble GENEROUS ELGAXTON

USA dudes pls dont join the band wagon o! grin

Let's know it's only STINGY UK grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by omogenaija(f): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2007
LMAO grin grin stingy USA ko giving USA ni
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 10:25am On Jul 24, 2007
@Omogenaija

ABeg o, Hope sey u no wan Join this stingy UK - crew! grin grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 11:03am On Jul 24, 2007
@Sienna

U don start stingy network abi,

Una hands go freeze with Stinginess grin grin very soon

Aka Gum grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by anusule(m): 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2007
@Elgaxton,

i just thought about something now, its like you have a grudge with somone in uk, maybe d person wasnt sending u money as u dont have money cus ur too lazy to work in naija.

relax, ur time go come when dem go grant ur visiting visa so u sef go fit come enjoy oyinbo life.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by omogenaija(f): 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2007
Siena:

But of course she does - her application has been received, and approved as well. grin

thank you jare grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2007
@Anusule

So na ur turn to talk now eh, hmmm u come late o shockedgrin

@Omogenaija

Abeg no disappoint me o. shocked shocked shocked

Abeg I go pay u make u no join stingy UK cry
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by omogenaija(f): 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2007
how much u go pay ?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2007
@omogenaija

[size=18pt]How much u want?[/size] grin grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by omogenaija(f): 6:01pm On Jul 24, 2007
wats ur net worth ? grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2007
2000$ a month!

Name ur percentage from it cheesy grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by omogenaija(f): 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2007
thats to cheap for me angry
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by darfur(m): 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2007
@omogenaija
elgaxton is so stingy that if you want to curse a child that he/she may never progress, one way of giving such curses is by saying. . . ."may elgaxton give you money"

@elgie,
the stingy epidemic is spreading like fire, no water can quench it. and i'm grateful to you. i have got reports from naija that you are doing a great job over there for us grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2007
Habba

U no be Armed -robber motor now grin grin

@ Darfur

u've broken loose again eh
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by omogenaija(f): 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2007
so i'm offically a member of stingy UK grin grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by darfur(m): 6:21pm On Jul 24, 2007
@elgie,
i got reliably informed that you are so stingy that you cant even write out your full name in the stingy application form b/c u dont want the ink in the pen you bought 6 yrs ago to finish. . ."just like that" grin brother elgie, i hail thee. i have recommended you for elevation to the house of lords. . . . only you may not agree to the cash for honors thingy.
reason? . . . .damn too obvious grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2007
@Omogenaija

No try am, hmmmm!! U see that Suya wey u dey like well well na 4bidden fruit for stingy uk(Mad cow disease) so y u go join dem

O baby! state ur prize and i 'll pay u to stay in Naija grin grin

@ darfur

I hear sey u don stingy sotey na teaspoon u take dey drink beer wey sneak from here to Jand grin grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by darfur(m): 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2007
Elgaxton:

@ darfur
I hear sey u don stingy sotey na teaspoon u take dey drink beer wey sneak from here to Jand grin grin

how you take hear am? grin na wa o, you no tell me say you get satelite tv for ya house. abi you de fear say person go come to watch am with you? e no go increase ya bill if other people come watch am with you now grin grin no fear eh grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2007
@darfur

But na true I talk, no be how i take hear am matter grin grin

Na wether na true na him matter
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by omogenaija(f): 6:28pm On Jul 24, 2007
my guy UK pay me , u the exchange rate right ?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by darfur(m): 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2007
@omogenaija
why u dey embarrass UK now? angry i go curse you o angry

inshort may your children be as benevolent as elgaxton and may elgaxton give you money  angry

ok sorry, i withdraw the curse abeg forgive me grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by omogenaija(f): 6:30pm On Jul 24, 2007
darfur i dont play that curse shit angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply)

26 Nigeria Troops Killed In Ambush As Rescue Helicopter Crashes - AFP / Facts About The New BRT Buses In Lagos - Photos / The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.