Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy (45787 Views)

Nigerians In The UK Are Asked To Bring £30 For BVN / Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 4:09pm On Jul 06, 2007
@ Darfur !

Use better perfume o! when u finish today own o! grin grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by soulpatrol(f): 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2007
@elgaxton. your mouth sharp pass gillette razor. if them dash you pali to go nearby south africa to better your life, you no go go? grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2007
@soul patrol!

na ur turn now eh! ok o!

The question is wetin I wan South africa go do wey groove Abj!
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by darfur(m): 5:17pm On Jul 06, 2007
elgaxton, elgie . . . . elgieeee. . . . . .NEPA don take ya light? na me o, darfur. i don reach work one hand. no hold up for road at all o.

anyway, e be like say ya service dey down or NEPA don hit. anyway we go block later. i dey busy now for work.

eheee, i get friend too for cameroon embassy in Abuja. he fit help out, anyhow abroad na abroad wether UK or cameroon. when you reach cameroon u fit bone all calls from naija like we naijans in UK grin

All de best bro. dey careful for gendarmes o
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by ne4real(f): 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2007
@ elgaxton (poster) and @ dafur

wetin connect both of u wey una de stroke unasefs like this?

abi una de marry one wife?

make una take am easy oooh.

i've got muscle-pulls on my stomach wey i wan die of laughter

man  !!!!!!!!! i love this site
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2007
Daffy Dafy Duck! Darfur!

so u dey travel go the work! chai too bad! na wah o!

I sey me i no wan go London, if u get links for USA then we go talk!

How many toilets u don wash now, na wah for Oyinbo so dem get internet for toilet chei!! grin grin

maybe na that one carry u go Jand eh!
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by seun001(m): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2007
na wa ooo!!! smiley
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by soulpatrol(f): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2007
it is a real wa o grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by darfur(m): 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2007
hey elgie
u don return? u say u wan enter US. hehehehehee grin anyway sha, the connection wey i get na for US embassy in london. that means u go still 1st enter london so u still have to enter british high commission for Abuja. that brings us back to my friend Mr Winterbottom at the Abuja high commision grin tell am say na darfur send you

give me a call to update me (as I no go fit call you now, u know how far grin grin grin we briticos no de ever call)
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by darfur(m): 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2007
Elgaxton:

Daffy Dafy Duck! Darfur!

so u dey travel go the work! chai too bad! na wah o!
true true u nova comot that naija b4. u no know say some cities na actually megacities eh? grin elgaxton de bushman grin
many "cities" dey for london u hear. . . . . westminster, tottenham, chelsea, fulham, enfield(greater london) etc US has more megacities.

anyway, you go try disvirging your passport with cameroon grin anyhow, abroad na abroad grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 6:15pm On Jul 06, 2007
Daffy!!

So na me u dey form Baddo for eh, so U want make i enter UK make I come be like u eh( no way o)

Na only Holiday or training fit carry me go there,

If I no fit go Yankee straight na him be sey I don stay my house for ABJ at least na only light and water una enjoy there steady

, meanwhile u don use perfume so, I know sey the toilet wey u clean today carry big blocks(shit), O'l boy wetin be

colour of Oyibo shit? e dey white?

Oya go baff!!

Na only pple like u na him Cameroon be abroad for, I know sey na all those kind korro u follow sneak go UK!

No too yarn o, I go contact the embassy for there make dem check out ur visa o!
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by darfur(m): 6:33pm On Jul 06, 2007
bros no worry. i go soon finish school. i'll return to naija as a british trained technocrat, i go come be your boss for that your office tongue

i know say cameroon no go even give you visa, but anyhow i go tell yar'adua say make him try extend ya visa to remain in naija b/c i hear say e be like say u from chad sef grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Elgaxton(m): 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2007
O'l boy answer my question,

How u wan take meet Yar' Adua, when I dey Abj? You no even ask where i dey stay for the Abj wey mosquito no dey,
You see yourself?

Isi aki, Go come back! u hear! by then I go employ you for my Company,

just to help thee, Oh i forget sey na shit u specialize sef, wetin u dey study for school? Shit packing technology abi u even

dey Unihome sef dey do sit down look, pack shit and sleep! grin grin wink

I know sey na Niger Republic u from come! Na him make UK dey shark u!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by TheOne2(m): 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2007
@darfur

you seem to have a misconception common to Nigerians abroad which I always try to correct. Whoever told you that you have to be connected to get a job in Nigeria? I know hundreds of people who didn't have any connections and are very gainfully employed now, living well above the average person in the UK.

Look, I am in the UK right now in school and I've seen both sides. Anybody that wasn't good enough to crack the job market in Nigeria will not vrack the market for the same kind of job in the UK. The quality comes through wherever you are. The reason you think it's better in the UK is because you are ready to do jobs won't touch in Nigeria. Abi person wey no dey good enough to enter oil company for naija go enter for UK? And don't tell me it takes connection to get into an oil company in Nigeria because it doesn't. That is not the view of Nigerians abroad though because it's a convenient excuse they use in convincing themselves that their decision was right. Ihave seen people try to get into the oil industry (for instance) in naija and in the UK and you find out tthat i is those people that got offers in Nigeria that also get offers in the UK. If you are ready to work in Mr Biggs, you will know there is work but no, you won't while you can go and work in Mcdonalds and then claim you need connection to work in naija.

Get your facts right brother!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by soulpatrol(f): 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2007
@The One. thanks for setting our broda straight o. he seems to think that everything revolves around "connections" and whatnot. at one point in your life, if you can't stand on your own two feet and work your ass off to get ahead based on performance, how can you stand proud? nigerians are just so into this whole connection bullshit thing - who said you can't get a decent job without knowing someone? your work should speak for itself. hiss! better quit that mentality. you dont realize that the people you're dissing are better off than you because they're making an honest living, whether it be dishwashing, hotel cleaning, burger flipping and whatnot. at least they're responsible. get a clue abeg, and if that still doesn't teach you anything, then please, darfur, help us get your friend, mr winterbuttocks, er i mean, winterbottom tongue to come and help elgaxton o. biko. cool
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by PurestBoy(m): 11:35pm On Jul 06, 2007
Na true u talk joo. Nigerians in UK are very stingy, they always complain of no money and tax always and that they overworked themselves. They will even ask you to wait for a better time if u tell them u want to come over. They lie too much and they say all their money go on tax. Ask them to come back to Naija to work since they are complaining, they will refuse. Imagine a friend from UK flashed me and ask me to call him back.

Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by nynlicious(f): 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2007
All stingy men in da house are defending themselves voraciously, Lol. The truth hurts so bad!

@poster, thanks for a  post like this. Men in Uk are scum bags, looking to reap where they didn't sow. extremely selfish, rude etc. did i mention they re gigolos? its so sad! perhaps they were good back in the days, but like y'all know what pounds can do to people.
No matter how good their job is they still want to live off a woman, their wages is only for building in Nigeria etc shame on you guys!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Tats(m): 11:48pm On Jul 06, 2007
PurestBoy:

Na true u talk joo. Nigerians in UK are very stingy, they always complain of no money and tax always and that they overworked themselves. They will even ask you to wait for a better time if u tell them u want to come over. They lie too much and they say all their money go on tax. Ask them to come back to Naija to work since they are complaining, they will refuse. Imagine a friend from UK flashed me and ask me to call him back.

Na wa oo
So u don request from your people to come UK? No make me continue to dey laugh for this thread as na here I dey spend all my Nairaland time smiley smiley smileyAnyway, take am easy with UK peeps. U know say na so so tax and bill be second language here. Give me that your friend when dey flash u details and I go buy calling card for am to call you smiley The land line when him go use the card with suppose get free call.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Tats(m): 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2007
nynlicious:

All stingy men in da house are defending themselves voraciously, Lol. The truth hurts so bad!

@poster, thanks for a  post like this. Men in Uk are scum bags, looking to reap where they didn't sow. extremely selfish, rude etc. did i mention they re gigolos? its so sad! perhaps they were good back in the days, but like y'all know what pounds can do to people.
No matter how good their job is they still want to live off a woman, their wages is only for building in Nigeria etc shame on you guys!
@ poster did not exonerate UK babes in his post so u are very much included in this whole matter. Lol.

Anyway, wetin my guy(s) do u when u dey vex like this? Genuine ones still dey sha, search well well. No let dem go marry oyibo as u dey talk like this.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by nynlicious(f): 12:11am On Jul 07, 2007
@Tats, i'm not searching! i know where to find good men , definitely not uk. you know the truth but i dont expect you or anyone to accept my views.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by Tats(m): 12:20am On Jul 07, 2007
@nynlicious.
Alright. UK Guys, treat our babes well and vice versa. Also, @Elgaxton said you should all maintain phone contacts with your people in Naija and he is dead serious! smiley
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by fatliar(m): 12:22am On Jul 07, 2007
i  disagree  with d poster am so  sick nd ired of seeing some1 callnme from nigeria   cos all dey know is 100pounds 200 pounds people dat couldnt spare me 500 naira when i was in nigeria ,keep calln nd ask for 200pounds as if it 300naira  dey will never ask u fo 30 puonds 40 pounds
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by nynlicious(f): 12:38am On Jul 07, 2007
Tats, thats really not a problem, people should not be reminded or pressurised into calling their family unless they are hopelessly stingly .
as far as i'm concerned there's nothing wrong with the suggestion, the poster once again is spot on!
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by nynlicious(f): 12:38am On Jul 07, 2007
i meant 'stingy'
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by dakmanzero(m): 9:15am On Jul 07, 2007
Hmmm.

When I first read this thread the general vibe was

'we appear to be stingy because life here in the UK is hard, and hectic, with no time for yourself and everything locked to a busy schedule, and our #3000 salaries are slashed to #900 by all the horrible bills and charges and taxes we have to pay, so we arfe suffering and cant afford to treat you guys as poor cousins!'

I then asked why a person would stay in the UK when life there is so hard and impossible. There were a few replies, but the general vibe became

'we stay here because life is more stable and secure, there are more personal comforts, getting a good car, tv, etc is much easier- infrastructure is better and life is i general much more rewarding'

Not *entirely* contradictory

But still, I *do* smell a faint whiff of , shall we say, doublespeak?

Of course, since no-one on this thread has anything to gain by confusing the masses, the reason for this is obviously my own lack of knowledge. Please help me rectify this by answering these little questions?

a) When you say you are strangled to an inch of your life by utility bills and taxes, would you say that at the end of the day you have more actual cash in hand than you would if you were in Nigeria, doing the same amount of work?

Please take into account that most jobs worth having in 9ja force you to keep insane hours.
Also understand that taxation and utility bills in 9ja are either so tiny as to be insignificant, or easily dodged, so you get to keep most of your salary.
Factor in the cost of Generator fuel, etc when comparing your electricity utility bills, and the cost of police bribes when comparing car insurance, documentation, etc.

b) Some people complain about car insurance. Would you say that, considering the price of purchase/upkeep of similar cars in Nigeria, you are paying *more* or *less* than the guy who buys his car and uses it in Nigeria?

Please answer these. It will help add some perspective to the many valid points raised here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by oluhak: 9:53am On Jul 07, 2007
Oh boy, na wa for u oooooo. Don't u know it's not easy staying out in the hard summer to work, coupled with heavy bills to pay at the end of the week/month.

Pls, do not blame guys for this stingy act.

Olu-hak.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by cabali(m): 10:18am On Jul 07, 2007
where is that clown that started this thread?

someone doesn't call u 4rm d UK and its an issue. do u know how much it costs to exist in abt the 6th most expensive place in d world as a foreigner? an accomodation that costs like 200k per anum in nigeria is abt 840k in the UK. do u pay light, gas, internet bills in ur house in naija?

it isn't easy at all. if it annoys u why don't u look 4 other friends in naija and allow those abroad to handle their issues. I wonder how old u are that stuff like this gets u bugged.

personally, if I don't return ur calls it means u don't mean that much 2 me so get it in the skull and get a new life, jeeze! u kill me with all this childish shit!
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by cabali(m): 10:42am On Jul 07, 2007
staying in the UK could b preferable cos things work. the system is stable. u get ur struggle's worth unlike in naija. we all know that. I wud choose a UK 2 naija anytime but that don't mean I shud b answerable 2 anyone for friendship sake. if am working 2 jobs a day, how do I handle that and b at ur beck and call at d same time?

if someone does not call u or return ur calls, that does not give u the platform to call him stingy. are u paying as much bill as he is? that's rubbish
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by TheOne2(m): 10:55am On Jul 07, 2007
@cabali

Good for you then. To each his own.

As for me, I will choode Nigeria over UK anytime. This is my personal view as not evryone finds life in the UK better than the one they have in Nigeria
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by darfur(m): 11:11am On Jul 07, 2007
for me o, i'm struggling here and getting small small dough wey i take de pay bills and also tuition. i for no fit get am for naija. as for school, i'll be through in 1 yr (no ASUU strike) i'm safe where i dey. there are problems but i'm not complaining. we talk of racism here in the UK but in naija there are stuff i had to suffer b/c of my tribe. so wetin dey?

the issue now be say, my life is moving on, i heading towards my degree (by God's grace) and also there is a wealth of exposure u get by just living in a country like the UK, which is invaluable. so i'm good. it aint my country, yes. but how did my country treat me? How?

anyway, elgaxton say nobody de communicate with am, by keeping this thread alive, and with jokes too, i do hope elgaxton will be a lil bit happy to be keeping some sort of contact with briticos grin i wonder why e must keep contact, afterall i nova hear say person here de complain say him friends for naija no de call am

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by darfur(m): 11:13am On Jul 07, 2007
@siena,
chai, i for happy if to say u be woman grin i de find correct naija babe wey i fit dey bam with kiss but e go be UK naija babe o grin i no go fit call outside. hoha grin i de talk my own. i no expect anyone to like me, but if anyone like me alleluia cheesy

so siena we go yarn later sha, u know my e-mail addy for my profile
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by darfur(m): 11:56am On Jul 07, 2007
yes sir!!!!! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

Indonesia's New Visa Policy For Nigerians / Taxi Driver Breaks Down In Tears After His Car Was Hit By A Lady In Lagos. PICS / Air Force Plane Suffers Tyre Burst, Overshoots Runway (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.