Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? (1552 Views)

What Does It Mean If A Lady Text You This Message? / 14 TRUE Reasons She Doesn't Call Or Text You Back (yes You!) / Do Ex Broke Guys Truly Never Forget The Girl That Stood By Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by KingofAbuja(m): 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
Recently, I got a text of this nature on WhatsApp. I was surprised because she is happily married with kids. Discussed this with some friends and some insinuated she is about to ask me for "2k urgently" grin .... Well, she is not that type of lady thou. Some suggested maybe she was Hot or lonely.

Then, today i stumbled upon a similarly story...

[b]My ex (31M) and I (26F) are 5 years broken up. It’s a long time. He has a serious girlfriend. He was my first love and I was the love of his life until I wasn’t. He wanted to stay friends and I initially agreed, but after all that he said, I walked away for good even though I was completely in love with him and we were best friends before. Not once did I initiate contact from that day and I focused on healing. He texted me every now and then for no real reason since, and I always gave brief, polite responses.
I got a text from him when I least expected it today, an already rough day, on the anniversary of my grandma’s passing. He was with me when she died and helped me grieve, so I’m grateful for that. The last time I saw him was 2 years ago at a mutual friend’s birthday party. I don’t understand this, what’s the purpose of consoling me suddenly, after FIVE of her passing anniversaries and no such messages since our breakup? I obviously won’t deny I still love him but I’m not delusional or acting on it in anyway, I have accepted it yet even a text from him hits me hard.
[/b]

So, My Nairalanders help me answer this question - Why do exes text you years later? What’s the purpose of sending a “thinking of you today” or I miss you message after so long?
Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 27, 2020
Never give up! Better days ahead! It is well.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by Freestainworld(m): 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2020
They miss you probably because you were nice to them back in the days or they miss your company.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by paulolee(m): 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2020
to renew or extend d fcking contract especially if ur kinda deal is sweet.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by sukhothai: 3:15pm On Nov 27, 2020
Because after some time they realize they threw away precious stones while chasing rocks

She prolly realized you were much better than her current bf

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by Pancakeey(f): 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2020
Calmblaze:
What does this have to do with the post? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2020
Once debe, always debe.

Once you fvked a gal, it's easier for them to remember you again and again.

All my exes regretted leaving me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by Pancakeey(f): 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
It’s simple. You can never fall out of love, you only love someone more than the way you did with your ex.

The feeling will always be there. Besides, everyone has good memories with their ex no matter how bad the relationship ended. So stuffs like that can just come to mind and make them hit you up that they miss you or just wanted to check up on you.

It happens and that doesn’t mean they want to get back with you.
I still want all my exes to be fine even if we’re not together so yeah

No be because of urgent 2k or that they’re lonely that makes an ex say they miss you
Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by Pancakeey(f): 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
CrescentMoon:
Once debe, always debe.

All my exes regretted leaving me. I later fvcked one for free.

Wow, tiri gbosa for you
What an achievement.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by doggedfighter(f): 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
Love doesn't die as easily as we think.

Sometimes we go back memory lane and remember what our partners were once to us , in times like that we can't help but miss them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by Kaylet: 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2020
Lately, my ex told my sister what happened in past and I said wtf.

I wondered why she did that after a decade we have moved on, anyways

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by josephcletus(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2020
sometimes, they've tried to find a better replacement and really can't see any. Other times, it's one moment or action that triggers that memory back. To some, na 2k grin.....to others, na KONJI.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by josephcletus(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2020
doggedfighter:
Love doesn't die as easily as we think.

Sometimes we go back memory lane and remember what our partners were once to us , in times like that we can't help but miss them.

I think being LONELY brings back such memories. I really can't be in the U.S and miss Iju-Ishaga

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by saasala(m): 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
In most cases, the guy only misses the sex. They want an opportunity to crawl back for a quickie and mess up your life again.

The ladies only need an urgent 2k, and once you render that help, you begin to fix a date for a quickie.

You current partner will eventually find out and your ex's arms aren't opened to receive you back. By the time your eyes go clear, he don be for you.

Run away!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
they don't actually miss u,they miss ur kpekus..
especially if it was an odor free kpekusgrin
nowadays to see an odor free pusssy fvck be like gulder ultimate searchgrin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
Probably just wants to taste that ol thing once again... It happens no big deal

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by Creeza(m): 4:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
OP me and you are in the same boat, Im still observing what the mumu girl is trying to achieve...
One thing I know is she wants peace of mind, but it is written ' No peace for the wicked'
Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by SILENTandSMART2: 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2020
anytime they remember your level of mumunity they will surely call or text you

you can't expect a ex dat you treated badly to call you,

the one dat you spent your cash on and she later leave you will surely remember your mumunity wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by chinchonglee(m): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2020
SmellySperm:
they don't actually miss u,they miss ur kpekus..

especially if it was an odor free kpekusgrin

nowadays to see an odor free pusssy fvck be like gulder ultimate searchgrin
As in ehn!
The smelll is now rampant.
I can't remember the last time i fvcked an odourless pussy.

Girls shuld be taking care of themselves na. Whats all these nonsense sef?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by solonubinho(m): 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
KingofAbuja:
Recently, I got a text of this nature on WhatsApp. I was surprised because she is happily married with kids. Discussed this with some friends and some insinuated she is about to ask me for "2k urgently" grin .... Well, she is not that type of lady thou. Some suggested maybe she was Hot or lonely.

Then, today i stumbled upon a similarly story...

[b]My ex (31M) and I (26F) are 5 years broken up. It’s a long time. He has a serious girlfriend. He was my first love and I was the love of his life until I wasn’t. He wanted to stay friends and I initially agreed, but after all that he said, I walked away for good even though I was completely in love with him and we were best friends before. Not once did I initiate contact from that day and I focused on healing. He texted me every now and then for no real reason since, and I always gave brief, polite responses.
I got a text from him when I least expected it today, an already rough day, on the anniversary of my grandma’s passing. He was with me when she died and helped me grieve, so I’m grateful for that. The last time I saw him was 2 years ago at a mutual friend’s birthday party. I don’t understand this, what’s the purpose of consoling me suddenly, after FIVE of her passing anniversaries and no such messages since our breakup? I obviously won’t deny I still love him but I’m not delusional or acting on it in anyway, I have accepted it yet even a text from him hits me hard.
[/b]

So, My Nairalanders help me answer this question - Why do exes text you years later? What’s the purpose of sending a “thinking of you today” or I miss you message after so long?

Ever heard of the word hoovering? Google.
Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
chinchonglee:

As in ehn!

my brother me sef don taya for this kpekus mata o
Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by KingofAbuja(m): 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2020
Calmblaze:

cheesy grin
Na me dey Cancel bottles here, na you de high. Ogheneme biko! Lol

Calmblaze, calmdown read my post again bro. Even you go shock!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by KingofAbuja(m): 5:19pm On Nov 27, 2020
Pancakeey:

What does this have to do with the post? grin

E shock me! Swears! grin grin

I guess he probably wanted to do the whole FTC shii
Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by KingofAbuja(m): 5:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
CrescentMoon:
Once debe, always debe.

All my exes regretted leaving me. I later fvcked one for free.

I remember this from the movie, Okafor Law.
Well, it seems to be true to a large extent. Atleast in my own experience.
Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by KingofAbuja(m): 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2020
chinchonglee:

As in ehn!

Lol..... But have you tried or should I use the word tasted a northern girl... like better Malo babe. Yall can fvck from night till daybreak and instead of odour you will be perceiving a nice scent. Walahi! Amina... cheesy

But on a more serious note, I have observed that this odour of a thing occurs amongst fat girls more than it does with slim girls. Any body noticed that too? please come support this motion honourable.
Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2020
Thats bcause they do. But definitely not when I'm happily married to another or he is. Even if I'm not married.

My married ex tried to warm his way back to me but I gave him the cold feet.
What insolence.....
Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by 444crop: 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
I am stuck in this quagmire....i don't keep in touch with any of my ex but this particular one insisted we kept in touch even as I objected...now she's happily married with a kid and just initiated a chat few weeks back after years....me I just respond jejely send my regards to d husband.... Sharp sharp delete her number again
Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by chinchonglee(m): 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2020
KingofAbuja:

Lol..... But have you tried or should I use the word tasted a northern girl... like better Malo babe. Yall can fvck from night till daybreak and instead of odour you will be perceiving a nice scent. Walahi! Amina... cheesy

But on a more serious note, I have observed that this odour of a thing occurs amongst fat girls more than it does with slim girls. Any body noticed that too? please come support this motion honourable.
I've never fvcked a fat girl bro!
Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by KingofAbuja(m): 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
solonubinho:

Ever heard of the word hoovering? Google.

Wow! we truly learn everyday and here I am thinking I read a lot. Just Googled it...

What is hoovering?
Hoovering is an emotional abuse technique used by narcissists and other manipulative personality types to suck their victims back into a relationship with them because they're running low on their narcissistic supply.
It's named after the Hoover vacuum cleaner, and it makes a lot of sense because the hooverer is basically treating you like dirt.

The "hoover maneuver" usually begins after the narcissist has left you and after a period of silence.
Here are 12 signs of narcissistic abuse known as hoovering, plus how to deal with a narcissist's behavior so you can move on and get over your breakup.

1. They send you messages pretending nothing happened.
One day with no warning you get a message that says, "Hey stranger, long time no talk" or, "What's up?"
Do not engage.

2. They use the pretext of a special occasion to make contact.
Just translate "Happy birthday" or "Happy New Year" to mean, "I need some attention."

3. They ask you random questions.
"What was the name of the sushi restaurant we went to in Santa Barbara?"
Feel free to answer any way you want, but they don't really want to know the answer; they just want to get you to focus on them.

4. They make a fake gesture of caring.
"I was thinking about you" means "I was thinking about me" and "how I can use you to distract myself."

ETCCCCC..........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by ednut1(m): 6:14pm On Nov 27, 2020
After realizing nothing dey street again, the ones they were chasing was all packaging. They then try to come back to you. If you mumu you go accept again.
Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by BigDawsNet: 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
They actually thought about you

Or probably saw you in a dream...

I do also...

I mean I connect with people who I have been in contact with for long.... When I saw them in my dream.... Its just a way of nature telling you to check on them....

A single word you tell them may help them in anyway...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ex Or Exes Text You Years Or Months Later To Say They Miss You? by KingofAbuja(m): 10:21am On Nov 30, 2020
BigDawsNet:
They actually thought about you

Or probably saw you in a dream...

I do also...

I mean I connect with people who I have been in contact with for long.... When I saw them in my dream.... Its just a way of nature telling you to check on them....

A single word you tell them may help them in anyway...

Deep!

(1) (Reply)

My New Girlfriend Is My Friends Bestie What Should I Do? / How To Tell If Someone Is Your Soulmate Using Math Test / Why Are Most Hausa/fulani Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.