Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? (31574 Views)

How I Lost A Good Woman To Another Man, Because I Wasn't Acting Fast / Men, Do Not Lose A Good Woman!!! / I Finally Found A Good Woman That Truly Loves Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by ThEGodFaThEr101(m): 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2020
Traininghub:

No, from your comment, I perceive you to be a judgemental person. My comment was harmless, I won't argue with you about my personality. I don't have to prove myself to anyone.
You got my comment all wrong but we meuve.
You can't move when you're carrying a huge burden on your back. Frèe yourself from anger and bitterness and you'll see all that you've been missing. I'm not a prophet but I can tell that you don't forgive easily.
Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by BusinessCity: 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2020
MadeMan01:
My brother it is hard.
That is my exact predicament. The simple truth is that Nigerian economy is so harsh that it has made people put a monetary value on everything even love.
My predicament is I met a lovely girl three years ago whilst working. She was in her final year then and just completed NYSC. I lost my job in first trimester of last year. But before my girl left for NYSC in November 2019, I was getting some unsavoury vibes from her. I asked her about it she didn't speak out. But as a guy, I suspected the stress of me being jobless played a role. Prior to this, the girl told me she wants to go o Canada and for this reason i started Canada moves.
Can you believe, this lady couldn't even wait for the outcome of the process despite knowing how far I'd gone with application and frequent teasing me about seeing her folks which I planned for December 2020. She messaged me in February 2020 to break it off for some guy in Abuja.
Fast forward to November 2020, Canada visa has clicked and the girl that should be enjoying it is nowhere around me. I really love her. My brain tells me to leave her, my heart says go back to her forgive her stupidity after all she planted the seed of Canada in my head. Also I have two bank job offers.
I am considering leaving her, going to Canada and getting a Canadian woman but a part of me holds her dear. I know Nigerian poverty caused her to make that decision. But my concern is whether she would have learnt her lesson and won't give up on me in Future joint project no matter how hard

My brother God Don pick your call abeg. God bless you for this testimony. Keep an open mind, you may meet good women from different nationality all the way

Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2020
Quim2:

You just dey come. I've been on this search for 4 years and yet I'm not broke oooo. I've even tried looking at single moms. I tell you the right woman is only in my dreams for now.

I'm about 40 sef so you own better. After this December I will head East. And don't bother with Facebook bro. You god just shoot yourself for leg like I did

cc: Anas09 what i need you r help with. You never remember to reach out as promised. It is well.

God no go shame us
Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by BusinessCity: 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2020
Elxandre:
If you care about modesty and core womanly values, it's tough I suppose.
But again, the modest intelligent women are often less flashy and many guys don't even see them. lipsrsealed

Just keep living your life and evaluate yourself. I think you have to be at least close to the type of person you seek.

Modesty and core womanly values is the real koko
Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by BusinessCity: 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2020
lekki1444:
brother, women are punishment for men. once you understnd that you will stop looking for a good woman but will start to make your way good and righteous with God, then God will tame your woman and will let her be at peace with you. but to think there is a peaceful woman out there is foolishness. they are luna beings aka lunatic. only God can tame your woman for you and that is incumbent on you taming yourself first

Werey
Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Do not allow that to make u make a terrible mistake. When u meet anyone, don't give off the disposition that u wanna marry so they don't take u for granted. As for ur ex friend, if she agrees then she had eyes for u and ur ex won't b happy. You'd b surprised d extent people can go to spoil things so just look for someone else

I appreciate ur advice thanks
Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by BusinessCity: 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
I heard from an elderly person that the prayers intending couples should pray is this:
For the man: Ask God for His appointed woman for u and watch out for a lady who has similar aspirations, beliefs and purpose in life as you.
For the woman: Ask God also for His appointed man for you, a man who will love you as Christ loves the church. Also watch out for a man with similar beliefs, aspirations and purpose in life as you.

Come first are you single? tongue
Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2020
EVILFOREST:

What kind of LADY are you Interested in..?
Do you have specifications..?

Dat ur do dey freak me out bro..
Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by peacettw: 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2020
No
Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by Goldp5988(f): 4:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
I don't know shall, but I think I should drop this here, when you are ready to settle down be it male or female, you must seek the face of GOD, to direct you, if possible show you through revelation
And I think there's no perfect person to get married to because no body is perfect, you must be ready to compromise no matter the gender, try and work on your bad sides and live a very simply life
Mind you nobody is ready for divorce, even that woman that's troubling you at home is not ready to be single again, same thing goes to the men
Both should be ready to accommodate each other.

Just thinking I don't know oh.

Remember both of you are coming from different background, upbringing etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by humilitypays(m): 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2020
Funkyswagzz:
This is roughly a year and four months I have decided to find someone to marry. It's been so dramatic all along and I'm getting tried already. I want a woman who I am compatible with. I don't need anyone that is hot tempered or stubborn. I want a woman that is hard workin who loves me the way i am. Is it so difficult to find? I came out from a crazy relationship and I don't want to experience something like that anymore. I don't want issues all the time.

The funny thing happening at the moment is that am "tryin to"(still at the process) date my ex's high school mate. The way our part crossed again was just ironic. Sometimes I feel stupid for tryin to date her tho she's not the reason why we broke up. Salute to those that got married. Abeg how una take do am..
It is very difficult for financially struggling and broke guys to find the right woman in Nigeria and very easy for financially buoyant guys to find the right and deserving ladies who will not only respect them but will even help them achieve more and grow more in life....the reason for this, I am still searching to know.

Seems Nigerian ladies only prepare to be good partners and wives to financially successful guys and plan to frustrate and kill any struggling guy that comes their way, maybe wink shocked

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2020
helinues:

Stop arguing for argue sake... I wrote that initially Sir Metusela

I biliv ur fore-father possessed you when you wrote man you have financial Strength before getting good woman, perhaps you are hallucinating. The way you guys are inconsistent within a twinkle of an eye is enough not to meet good girl, and no wonder you resulted to ashewo, hope you won't die the way 19 yrs old boy like you died on top of prostitute last week.
Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by olujastro: 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
MadeMan01:
My brother it is hard.
That is my exact predicament. The simple truth is that Nigerian economy is so harsh that it has made people put a monetary value on everything even love.
My predicament is I met a lovely girl three years ago whilst working. She was in her final year then and just completed NYSC. I lost my job in first trimester of last year. But before my girl left for NYSC in November 2019, I was getting some unsavoury vibes from her. I asked her about it she didn't speak out. But as a guy, I suspected the stress of me being jobless played a role. Prior to this, the girl told me she wants to go o Canada and for this reason i started Canada moves.
Can you believe, this lady couldn't even wait for the outcome of the process despite knowing how far I'd gone with application and frequent teasing me about seeing her folks which I planned for December 2020. She messaged me in February 2020 to break it off for some guy in Abuja.
Fast forward to November 2020, Canada visa has clicked and the girl that should be enjoying it is nowhere around me. I really love her. My brain tells me to leave her, my heart says go back to her forgive her stupidity after all she planted the seed of Canada in my head. Also I have two bank job offers.
I am considering leaving her, going to Canada and getting a Canadian woman but a part of me holds her dear. I know Nigerian poverty caused her to make that decision. But my concern is whether she would have learnt her lesson and won't give up on me in Future joint project no matter how hard
You see trouble and wan carry yourself enter by yourself. Tomorrow you will come back to this same Nairaland to cry about women. cheesy
You see a girl who is clearly an opportunist and you are writing long story about love which is supposed to be unconditional.
Better move on and face your life in Canada, otherwise divorce awaits you here when things are not going well for you.
Living abroad requires that you have to be more careful in choosing your life partner because the environment here is naturally friendly for divorce.
A word is enough for the wise!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by Rossycee(f): 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
So men also look for wives... Inside life.. Take your time @poster, there are still good women out there.
Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by Ephemmm: 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
Funkyswagzz:
This is roughly a year and four months I have decided to find someone to marry. It's been so dramatic all along and I'm getting tried already. I want a woman who I am compatible with. I don't need anyone that is hot tempered or stubborn. I want a woman that is hard workin who loves me the way i am. Is it so difficult to find? I came out from a crazy relationship and I don't want to experience something like that anymore. I don't want issues all the time.

The funny thing happening at the moment is that am "tryin to"(still at the process) date my ex's high school mate. The way our part crossed again was just ironic. Sometimes I feel stupid for tryin to date her tho she's not the reason why we broke up. Salute to those that got married. Abeg how una take do am..

Never trust your calculative mind when it comes to marriage no matter how intelligent you are.

Involve God please.

5 Likes

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by olujastro: 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

I just need a companion. Also everyone in my family is married and I dont be left out.
Let love come to you, don't look for it. If you meet a woman with great qualities who is compatible with you, you will know it.
Take your time, make friends without looking out for whom to marry. Let love happen, and marriage will follow.
Read this.
https://www.nairaland.com/5964033/what-really-love

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by BusinessCity: 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
Rossycee:
So men also look for wives... Inside life.. Take your time @poster, there are still good women out there.

Smh. Wetin happen inside life
Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by anonymous1759(m): 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
Nuttella:
Dont mind him, if he is Godly, God will direct him to Godly woman.

Even pastors marry bad wives . Marriage is more of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by toye440: 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
TBH you wont get any with the above mentioned qualities, as most of them are just after looking cool and catching fun with your money.
Bro take this from someone with a decade of waiting experience, if u r waiting for the perfect girl u might end up wasting your time.
There are times when i think marriage is just overrated, you work and work and at the end of the day she's either cheating on u or she tells you what have you done for me, i thought i married a man...chai men don suffer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by placeofallure(f): 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
Many women these days are after money, whatever they can gain. Even men too are looking for women they can milk dry all in the name of relationship. When I was still in the dating game, I don't know how to ask for money or any help at all, it makes me feel lowly kind of. My self esteem wouldn't let me. But girls these days no send you o.

It's what humanity has become. No consideration for you fellow human being. Why do it if it will hurt the person next to you? People care about themselves alone - me, myself and I. That mentality extends to relationships. I don't know why both parties can't love selflessly.

11 Likes

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by lordally(m): 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2020
MadeMan01:
My brother it is hard.

Bro let me tell you the truth and nothing but the absolute truth!!! Any girl that leaves you for another man when it becomes bad...and comes back when it's good , will definitely leave you for someone else you know why because it can never always be good all the time!!! Look at USA which is the world power they face Recession once in a while self....bro please I beg you in the name of God!!! Don't shoot yourself in the foot by bringing her back!!! For Christ sake!!! Haven't you seen it clearly that she doesn't love you enough to ride with you even during rainy days God!!!! Please be wise!!! See I finished school in 2016 met my girlfriend that same year ...I had extra year self she was there and always supported...2017 was hell for me and she was still there...when her room mate goes out with guys and they buy things for them....my girl would come visit me and when she's going home she would get herself things and tell them I bought for her!!! .... As in she never left me!!! God did it and my name came out for NYSC in 2018 she came to spend some time with me in the place I served ...I passed out in 2019, October 30 and she came to rejoice with me...and currently I still don't have a job cos I'm currently undergoing a training...and sha still supportive no money nothing nothing she still dey here!!! I was denied US Visa last year and she has always known I would love to relocate abroad and guess what recently she's working towards Securing a loan of 1 Millionaire for me ...and this girl is just 22 waiting for service...I try my best as a man and she sees it and that's all she needs.....now when things becomes well for me tomorrow do you think I will forget her? Never!!!! I'm making plans to Relocate to POLAND and what's holding me back is Finance ...shs working on it likewise me too...more like its a joint Goal!!! .....my brother don't go back to that girl!!! If not you are likely to live the rest of your life in regret!!! I'm telling you that there are good girls who are ready to stand by you tru the sun , Rain and Storm!!! .... I would advice you stay single until you move to Canada the you get a white girl abeg!!! ....let this your EX who dumped you the time you needed her the most see you find true love again and loving a good life!!! That's the best Revenge ever!!!! ONE LOVE BRO!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by cococandy(f): 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
I love how many of you guys don’t make any effort to be marriageable men but when you want to marry you start frustrating yourselves with expectations from prospective wives. You’re the architects of your own problems

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by cococandy(f): 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2020
I wish someone would advice this 22yr old girl to focus on herself rather than working on you and securing loans for you with hopes that your magnanimity will be what her future needs. In 10yrs time when you probably have something worthwhile going for yourself, she will become ‘too fat’ ‘too old’ ‘too opinionated’ etc for you.

lordally:

Bro let me tell you the truth and nothing but the absolute truth!!! Any girl that leaves you for another man when it becomes bad...and comes back when it's good , will definitely leave you for someone else you know why because it can never always be good all the time!!! Look at USA which is the world power they face Recession once in a while self....bro please I beg you in the name of God!!! Don't shoot yourself in the foot by bringing her back!!! For Christ sake!!! Haven't you seen it clearly that she doesn't love you enough to ride with you even during rainy days God!!!! Please be wise!!! See I finished school in 2016 met my girlfriend that same year ...I had extra year self she was there and always supported...2017 was hell for me and she was still there...when her room mate goes out with guys and they buy things for them....my girl would come visit me and when she's going home she would get herself things and tell them I bought for her!!! .... As in she never left me!!! God did it and my name came out for NYSC in 2018 she came to spend some time with me in the place I served ...I passed out in 2019, October 30 and she came to rejoice with me...and currently I still don't have a job cos I'm currently undergoing a training...and sha still supportive no money nothing nothing she still dey here!!! I was denied US Visa last year and she has always known I would love to relocate abroad and guess what recently she's working towards Securing a loan of 1 Millionaire for me ...and this girl is just 22 waiting for service...I try my best as a man and she sees it and that's all she needs.....now when things becomes well for me tomorrow do you think I will forget her? Never!!!! I'm making plans to Relocate to POLAND and what's holding me back is Finance ...shs working on it likewise me too...more like its a joint Goal!!! .....my brother don't go back to that girl!!! If not you are likely to live the rest of your life in regret!!! I'm telling you that there are good girls who are ready to stand by you tru the sun , Rain and Storm!!! .... I would advice you stay single until you move to Canada the you get a white girl abeg!!! ....let this your EX who dumped you the time you needed her the most see you find true love again and loving a good life!!! That's the best Revenge ever!!!! ONE LOVE BRO!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by EdoFirstBorn(m): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2020
[quote author=when2 post=96590521][/quote]
undecided
Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by djon78(m): 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2020
andyprez:
Sometimes we try too hard to find the “right person” while spending little or no time in being the right person.

Word!!!!
@ OP are you the right person to be with?
Do you have the right character and attitude?

Bcoz if you don't have the required resume
The right one will come and you will mess everything up

Moreover
To stay with a woman
You need patience
Especially if you want to get the best out of your union
You need patience
Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by Berryli: 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

Finding a good woman is not that hard it depends on where you are looking, and also the kind of person you are since compatibility is the crux of the matter here. Are you the type of guy with specifics on how a lady must behave in order to fit into your lifestyle, then there lies your problem which is a mistake common with us all finding our spouse. Find a person who complements you, with same vision as you and not a direct replica of yourself cos that's going to be impossible. Best of luck to us all in our search. May we never make the wrong choice of a life partner. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by madridsta007(m): 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

You need to carry on with life NOT looking for a lady to get married to, primarily. In that way you would build friendships with ladies for being ladies and not with ladies for being marriage material.
You'll get to know them well.
Slowly, you will mentally develop a list and you will find yourself gravitating to one or two.
Of course you should pray along the way and be led by logic and rational and please NOT by emotions or love. Because that fine face, big front, big back will disappear. You will be faced with the real person.

3 Likes

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by madridsta007(m): 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2020
MadeMan01:
My brother it is hard.

Run from her.
RUN!

Otherwise, we look forward to your sorry tales on NL in a few years' time.

2 Likes

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by Mypeople2(m): 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

Guy the thing is hard.My own is officially one year now.I am begging God for a wife now because it has been hell
Ladies will be praying on the altar for a man but when you approach them, then you will know they don't want to marry .Some of them their characters are smelling. The thing tire me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It So Hard To Find A Good Woman To Marry? by MadeMan01(m): 4:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
lordally:

Thank you for your advice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

World Sexiest Thighs. If You Love Thighs And Laps, Jump In Here (exotic Pics) / A Lady Invited me To Her Place And Abandoned Me On The Road / Prostitutes On Strike - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.