Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? (31981 Views)

What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? / What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2020
aha, it is on my mind too.
dukebabaaduke:
I have learnt that in life.You have to self sufficient before you carry anyone along
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
Loyalty is rare and should be valued, when there is true loyalty
Dreyton36:
That money makes the world go round

Loyalty lasts a lifetime

Lights up my kpoli in peace

2 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Damisam93(m): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
I wish I had not fornicate...

3 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by professore(m): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
People have learnt o
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Obedinho130: 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
if you have never tasted gambling and sport betting please dont test. Those who tasted are still looking for how to come out. Another lesson, do not form holy boy for your gal. If u do,another guy is seriously giving her doggy wey dy enter her brain. Peace!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by presido997(m): 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
Pobbleesher:
I was opportuned to work with people that were older than me. I was supposed to be their boss but due to how inferior I used to feel, I won't correct them whenever they do anything wrong.

I learnt my lesson after a younger guy got to the place and he was authoritative and his self-confidence is a higher rate compared to mine.
This is currently happening to me, my workers are far older than me, to control them sometimes I do feel inferior

2 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SimplePlan34: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
In the fucking end life bleeps us all
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by poweredcom(m): 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
Run from people who bad mouth you

Run from people who can't help you a bit to rise they ain't your friend

Run from Nigerian girls they got no benefit for a struggling man

Only help those who have helped you before in life

11 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2020
quite unfortunate, you have really learnt, this is why, when i am asked for favors, i give an amount, i will forget or not be bothered by, even if they don't pay me, because Nigerian people hardly pay back. While non Nigerians pay back their debts.

EbenMayor:
So sorry about that. One of the lessons I learnt this year is related to this. I have learnt to understand I can't play God in peoples' lives. Almost 800k loan within 3 months & I have only recovered less than 150k which I received in about 6 instalment. I have become less nicer.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by NoToPile: 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2020
OlawaleBammie:
People who are saying u re selfish are just saying it just cus they don't have what you have and are only trying to either intimidate or manipulate you just to give dem wat dey want.

But mind u, if they were in Ur position they would be more frugal than u grin grin

Lool this happens in my place of work, I have seen some colleagues complain about some Ogas saying he/ she is stingy, I try to reason what their problem is exactly- as long as he doesn't take what I am entitled to his money is his money, he doesn't owe us anything , if they decide to buy lunch or dash us something its a privilege it's not a right.
I was saying it and then they said me sef am stingy that's why I don't see anything wrong in it cheesy

Now because I am sort of senior in cadre to some of us on the team if someone asks me something and I don't have I will clearly say arhh I don't have Oo you will hear stuffs like madam you senior us now, they now try to make you feel guilty and manipulate you emotionally grin grin grin . I will start questioning my self what I did wrong .

I know their style now and those manipulations don't work on me anymore.

I should give what I can't afford to prove what?

7 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Betterperson001(m): 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
janedonez:
Integrity and discipline pays well
Does it? cry
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
Exactly, lesson learnt, i learn from you. Than you for sharing, this is why i will never give any friend money to invest in any business that promises quick returns, and even before i became cautious of giving money to people who do stuff like MMM or similar scheme (ponzi schemes).

After lending money for higher profits, one begins to hear all sorts of stories.

And its a bad idea to give huge money to people close to you, because it will destroy relationships, although i know, Nigerians are shallow and don;t value loyalty and relationships.
Emmy417:
Learnt my greatest lesson this year...
Had 4 million naira in a fixed deposit account. I put that money in there sometimes last year. In case anything happens to my work. Didn't even see the corona coming!
Then that same last year, a new man was brought in as my HOD in the office. We became kind of close. He's old enough to be my father. He mentioned a business to me of supplying feldspar stone to one Chinese company. He told me how lucrative the business is. How he has a partner he's running it with. That he needs more fund. Like a million naira. He's gona be paying so so interest.
On my own, I calculated the interests he was willing to pay, it far outweighs what the bank was given me as interest for the fixed deposit.
Guess what?? Ur guess is right!!!
Had to liquidate a million naira from the fixed deposit. & so on & so forth. He was demanding for more funds from me. I was busy liquidating each time he demands. Trusted him. Held him in high esteem as my boss in the office. I ve put in around 3M plus. & interest I was supposed to get was around 400k plus.
Corona came. We stopped work cos of the lock down. My people, na so I see my self.. His partner he was running the business with, to get hold of him now is problem. This whole thing became a problem to me. I became depressed. Anytime I remember the money, still weighs me down. Swear!
In September, I needed 1.5M. Was a matter of life or death. Had to Mount him pressure he Neva expected. He had to borrow money to give me 1.5M. Now the rest money, I don't know the fate.
See me that was a millionaire as of last year,
Its well!! Life goes on though. I ve moved on. It was a risk I took. Cos we were planning in partnering together to expand the business. But then when the whole pandemic started, Chinese company closed. According to him. Saying they ve not paid till date.
That's what happens in life most times, you let people in, they destroy you..
I just felt he ruined my plans. Should I even say I regret meeting someone like him in my life. "Well pained" Life!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Rugaria: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
souzadchef:

You'll die of paranoia with this mindset. You have to trust someone
Abi?
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Convention107: 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2020
best thread in a while

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by donMIG(m): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
TRUST NO BITCH EVEN THE ONES U THRUST!!!

8 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by blacknoir: 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
That life doesn't give a chit abt u
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2020
the lesson i learn is that, you can make life good, wonderful, if you just change your perception, and we can all make the society a better place, if we all contributed positively and believed in ourselves collectively, so once in a while show kindness, goodwill, the best aspect of yourselves, so that goodness will increase.

Yes many will disappoint, but always forgive.

Situations, may not turn out the way you want, but learn from it, so you can be a better manager.

relationship may not work out the way you want, but take rest and start again, so when you come back, you are better.

Don't let circumstance define you, define your situation.

Life is your perception, mold it, water it, and be alive, because you may not have power over others, but you have power over yourself, and how you see it. cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by janedonez(m): 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2020
Betterperson001:
Does it? cry
If you miss these two, then forget life satisfaction and real joy.
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Dreyton36: 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2020
SeriouslySense:
Loyalty is rare and should be valued, when there is true loyalty

That's why it lasts a lifetime
Only a deep thinker will understand

3 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2020
Despite all the negatives things out there, let the best aspect of life be manifested in you, because we are co-servants, co-rulers, interconnected, and must play the best part, so the light is seen.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Kaluoko: 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
Noboby owes you anything.u have to fight hard to get whatever u need in life

8 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by vickydevoka(m): 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
tosyne2much:
One of the lessons I've learnt in life is that you need to be selfish a little because not everyone can go the length you can go for them
Dis is very true.
Buh I have a character I don't like. Once I like u base on friendship I can entrust my life with u, until u show me shege , I go come de careful

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by dplores(m): 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2020
Never trust a so called friend foolishly cos such fellow kills faster than the one you just say hi to.

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2020
Yes many are selfish, but this is what the environment taught them, they are conditioned by their circumstances and environment, they have not yet freed themselves from their mental cage.
There is innate power to change the consciousness of the dark masses or re-awakening, it may be a conscious spark or a favored spark
vickydevoka:

Dis is very true.
Buh I have a character I don't like. Once I like u base on friendship I can entrust my life with u, until u show me shege , I go come de careful

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 8:53pm On Dec 02, 2020
from the many comments i see on this thread, one keeps re-occurring

1) the issue of trust, there is a huge lack of trust, if this is the problem perhaps the next generation should be taught the values of trustworthiness, surely we should not sit by and allow our communities be ravaged by total lack of trust. cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Emmy417: 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2020
Thanks brother!
You are correct.
Nyanabo:
Emmy417, Sorry for your money. but i must say even though you lost part of you money, you you still got a valuable lesson. like wole soyinka said (b) "Take risk, if you win you would be happy, if you loose you would be wise" (\b)
Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by n1ky(f): 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2020
1) Everybody is your friend, everybody is your enemy, live your life like that and nothing will surprise you.

2) Never make someone a priority when you are only an option.

3) You can't please everyone, just do what is Right.

4) Your happiness can only come from you, never depend on any one for your happiness.

5) God answer prayer, is just that we can't wait for God time.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2020
never to make an online transaction with someone u don’t know

2 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by CLEVABOY(m): 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2020
With time some problems will solve their selves.

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by Revolva(m): 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2020
Just see this

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by darlenese(f): 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2020
Never take the advice of "
DO NOT CHECK YOUR MAN'S PHONE"

My sister Check .!

Always check
Prevention is better than cure

2 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? by SeriouslySense(m): 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2020
Trust is very important, don't take from people, respect boundaries, seek to be a giver. and be truthful in your dealings. Don't try to play games, or play smart on people respect boundaries, its important.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

About Nairaland, the Nigerian Forum. / Hawk Ran Down By Our Vehicle / Share Your Worst Embrassing Moments Caused By Nature.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.