Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students (80200 Views)

BREAKING: FG Postpones Jan. 18, 2021 School Resumption Indefinitely / UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by govomotors: 9:57am On Dec 06, 2020
Frankiecrenshaw:
all schools in Nigeria are nonsense.. these guys developed themselves without the 4 walls of a classroom.

Thank you for saying my mind. Most successful people succeeded by grace, hard work, making use of opportunity that comes your way and the hunger to succeed.

Abi Dangote graduated from covenant too.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by badman007(m): 9:57am On Dec 06, 2020
Covenant University is like Wizkid..

Big Blessing in disguise
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by GeoAfrikana(m): 9:57am On Dec 06, 2020
onyechez:

The loans the American government borrow their citizens is inform of incentives to make sure their citizens get quality education in other to be the best in the world.
Nigeria education is no quality that's why the Nigerian government can prolong strike up to 3 academic sessions without thinking about the consequences, delay payments of salaries of lecturers and allow the facilities in those schools to decay.
Stop being proud about Nigeria, it will hurt you the more you try to support their incompetence and expose you to world embarrassment.

Fallacy from head to toe. Many Americans are fleeing to Canada and Europe. Their academians envy the European education system. Yet you're here praising a system of enslavement.

I'm proud of Nigeria. I'll never join anyone to speak evil of this country. I'll only speakout against those spoiling the name of this country.

Many of you saying evil about the country will not hesitate to join in sharing the so-called national cake.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by damiloladuke: 9:57am On Dec 06, 2020
ednut1:
is it public universities with lecturers using same notes since 2010 that are not glorified secondary schools smh. Go to LinkedIn and see where products of private uni are. The creators of paystack were private uni graduates. No be by private or public university. Both are kuku sub standard

Jobberman na OAU egbon
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by govomotors: 9:57am On Dec 06, 2020
Frankiecrenshaw:
all schools in Nigeria are nonsense.. these guys developed themselves without the 4 walls of a classroom.

Thank you for saying my mind. Most successful people succeeded by grace, hard work, making use of opportunity that comes thei way and the hunger to succeed.

Frankiecrenshaw:

Thank you for saying my mind. Most successful people succeeded by grace, hard work, making use of opportunity that comes their way and the hunger to succeed.

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by govomotors: 9:58am On Dec 06, 2020
Frankiecrenshaw:

Thank you for saying my mind. Most successful people succeeded by grace, hard work, making use of opportunity that comes their way and also the hunger to succeed.

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 06, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Fallacy from head to toe. [s]Many Americans are fleeing to Canada and Europe. Their academians envy they European education system[/s]. [s]Yet you're here praising a system of enslavement[/s].

[s]I'm proud of Nigeria. I'll never join anyone to speak evil of this country. I'll only speakout against those spoiling the name of this country.

Many of you saying evil about the country will not hesitate to join in sharing the so-called national cake.
[/s]
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Annie001: 10:07am On Dec 06, 2020
flokii:

The problem with public unis became enormous when NUC started giving accreditation to glorified secondary schools like C.U and Babcock who don't want things to work in fed unis so they can entice and lure all the professors in fed unis with money to abandon their duty post and come to their glorified secondary school.

Most of C.U students can't sit for and pass exams they set for UNILAG, UI, OAU students even when revised to make the questions simpler.

How many of the glorified secondary school students are on probation or advised to withdraw out of poor performance? None!
Education has gone to the dogs.
You people that went to public universities must really think the world revolves around you, such a stupid and stinking mentality
The likes of you see will find every means to make friends with them
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by MrTeeo: 10:08am On Dec 06, 2020
onyechez:

With that amount of money you can get to a better university abroad and better countries with better ranking, or top 10 universities in Africa better than CU.

Please name one University in Europe and America that would collect $2,300 as a foreign student. Just name one
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 06, 2020
flokii:

The problem with public unis became enormous when NUC started giving accreditation to glorified secondary schools like C.U and Babcock who don't want things to work in fed unis so they can entice and lure all the professors in fed unis with money to abandon their duty post and come to their glorified secondary school.

Most of C.U students can't sit for and pass exams they set for UNILAG, UI, OAU students even when revised to make the questions simpler.

How many of the glorified secondary school students are on probation or advised to withdraw out of poor performance? None!
Education has gone to the dogs.

How many of the glorified secondary school students are on probation or advised to withdraw out of poor performance?
Private schools advice students to change their departments to easier departments when they see that a student is struggling in a particular department. It is when the student still does poorly even in the easiest departments that they are advised to withdraw.

Most of C.U students can't sit for and pass exams they set for UNILAG, UI, OAU students even when revised to make the questions simpler., Point of correction, many exam questions set for private school students are what is set for government school students because we have the same professors and lecturers. In Nigeria sef, people too like suffer head. In most western countries, exams are open book.

If you even have the money, send your kids abroad to school. Because these monies they pay in private universities, you can as well use the same money and send your kids abroad where they train students to solve actual problems and not just to cram and pass.

Most Nigerian universities train students to cram and pass. Too bad!

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Jaqenhghar: 10:13am On Dec 06, 2020
edoairways:

Jealousy non good, ASUU has been on strike for months yet those kids at Cu should be preparing for exams. You should be ashamed because these guys get juicy position not necessary because of connections but because they are equipped. Most employers prefer be of their skills and age on their side. Am very sure when ASUU call off their strike,many students who had missed full 9 calendar months would be rushed within few days. If care is not taken,they may merge them with new intake.
Which employers prefer them. grin
Did you do a research on this or is it something your 'daddy' told you from the pulpit?
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by DexterousOne(m): 10:14am On Dec 06, 2020
flokii:
Glorified secondary school.

Pay such huge amout to learn nothing and obtain printed paper certificate. Reason they dash all of them first class and 2:1 while they go outside to fumble.
How many of their church members can even afford this??

You know what is worrisome?
Over 120 people liked this post undecided

1 Like

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 06, 2020
MrTeeo:

Please name one University in Europe and America that would collect $2,300 as a foreign student. Just name one

In many German school, university education is free.

In many Europeans schools excluding the UK, their fees are cheap too. As long as you can attend a school where you will be taught in their lingua franca, their schools are cheap. Though they have the expensive ones, but when you look at it, it is mostly international students that go to the expensive ones. The locals go to the cheap ones.
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 06, 2020
flokii:

Pay such huge amout to learn nothing and obtain printed paper certificate. Reason they dash all of them first class and 2:1 while they go outside to fumble.

Let us see if your state university you attended us on THE ranking

BTW, hope you are not bitter cause you cannot afford the school fees
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by bong4(m): 10:15am On Dec 06, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
Yet we're ungrateful for what Nigeria has done for us.

Federal universities cost not more than 50k. Yet we say this country has given us nothing.

Did you know that Americans borrow "student loans" to pay more than this covenant school fees just to attend university. Many of them never pay their loans back fully till death.

Yet we finish school, get government job and still refuse to resume early to work or attend to our fellow citizens unless they give us bribe.

It's not the country, it's the people.

This is the best comment so far on this topic. God bless you for 600 years!

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Emperor4tune(m): 10:18am On Dec 06, 2020
pls is that fee per semester or just a one time payment for a complete programme,help me i want to know
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Jaqenhghar: 10:19am On Dec 06, 2020
ednut1:
is it public universities with lecturers using same notes since 2010 that are not glorified secondary schools smh. Go to LinkedIn and see where products of private uni are. The creators of paystack were private uni graduates. No be by private or public university. Both are kuku sub standard
Funny enough its those same lecturers that switched to the private unis. The only thing that changed there was they learnt to dole out good grades. I conducted interviews on 2 occassions where tests were given. Believe me products of private unis are nothing special. When I did my masters in Europe, I was in the same class with a graduate of one of those private unis who had a 2-1 in his undergraduate days. Believe me that guy couldnt write an essay to save his life.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Jaqenhghar: 10:22am On Dec 06, 2020
flourishing247:

The biggest problem I see here is ignorance. Rather than hate, do a little research. They have scholarship schemes for people that cant afford the fees. You can apply if you wish to.
Every time do research. If you have information share with is with links. I heard that while CU has scholarship schemes to help the needy, the corruption within the system will not let the scheme run smoothly. There are some senior pastors and officials who work hard to make sure the people who benefit do not get it. This is from someone I know who worships in that church
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Ogtega: 10:24am On Dec 06, 2020
Dayoebe:
Righteousness89 do you pay this exorbitant fees just to end up as e-pastor?
Make una leave Righteousness89 alone nah....

Bros, pls don't feel timid abeg, be giving it to us bumper to bumper
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by darecool(m): 10:27am On Dec 06, 2020
Toks2008:
I laugh seeing these crazy fees charged by an institution that has little or no influence on your success after graduating...

It is not the school that determines the quality of the graduates but it is how good an individual is.

A brilliant smart school drop out can achieve better in life than a redundant harvard graduate.

Statistics have shown that graduates of public universities do better in life than products of private unis regardless of the huge charges by the latter.

Ironically covenant University still ranks below Uniben, unilag and OAU so why the hype?
Who ranked them?
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Toks2008(m): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2020
costandi:
None of my business bro. All I know is that the quality of education delivered there is commensurate to the fees paid. Nobody was forced to donate and nobody was guaranteed free or affordable education for donating. So, stop crying and wailing, just make money.

A faceless forum like this breeds ignorance. You don't know me so please stop ranting about someone been poor or making money and focus on the topic.

With all the hype, OAU, uniben and unilag rank above it but as you rightly said, it is all about choice.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Oluwadare316(m): 10:29am On Dec 06, 2020
School na scam sha
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by wildikeman(m): 10:29am On Dec 06, 2020
Make any of them that finished with 2.1or even fist class come compete with me that graduated with 2.2 at uniben from the Dpt of international relations. I'm sure I will oust them
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by fermlad: 10:30am On Dec 06, 2020
flokii:

But you mumu, oh. Seriously
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Gummygummy(f): 10:32am On Dec 06, 2020
I am a second year PhD student in a federal university. My masters and bsc degrees were from really expensive private universities. I don’t want to mention names but I paid 500k for a shared hostel accommodation during my masters. So you get the whole idea how much my tuition would have costed.
I started PhD coursework in 2019 and a few weeks into the program I realized what a joke the public education sector in Nigeria was.

If I start to talk ehn...imagine professors giving your reading material from 1990 something, when there are tons of relevant research from recent years.
Lecture notes nko? Lecture notes that was written in the year of our lord Jesus Christ!
They don’t even know what a high impact journal is and why they should have their research published in those. They’re after their salary and selling textbooks.
Imagine having lectures in a professors house because it’s more convenient for him giving lectures from his livingroom . grin grin I didn’t really mind though because we happen to live in the same estate
Imagine paying 5k out of pocket for entertainment for every little presentation the class holds. That’s when you see all of them coming out in their numbers to attend the presentation because of the goodies that’ll be given afterwards. If it’s for lectures, they won’t show up.
You pay to repair projector, you pair to fuel gen to use the projector because if you wait for the department, you’ll wait and lose weight.

See ehn...just hustle money so you can give your children the best education there is instead of trying to justify what doesn’t make sense.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by edoairways: 10:41am On Dec 06, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Which employers prefer them. grin
Did you do a research on this or is it something your 'daddy' told you from the pulpit?
I did my research moreover I don't attend winners chapel or any church
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by edoairways: 10:45am On Dec 06, 2020
Gummygummy:
I am a second year PhD student in a federal university. My masters and bsc degrees were from really expensive private universities. I don’t want to mention names but I paid 500k for a shared hostel accommodation during my masters. So you get the whole idea how much my tuition would have costed.
I started PhD coursework in 2019 and a few weeks into the program I realized what a joke the public education sector in Nigeria was.

If I start to talk ehn...imagine professors giving your reading material from 1990 something, when there are tons of relevant research from recent years.
Lecture notes nko? Lecture notes that was written in the year of our lord Jesus Christ!
They don’t even know what a high impact journal is and why they should have their research published in those. They’re after their salary and selling textbooks.
Imagine having lectures in a professors house because it’s more convenient for him giving lectures from his livingroom . grin grin I didn’t really mind though because we happen to live in the same estate
Imagine paying 5k out of pocket for entertainment for every little presentation the class holds. That’s when you see all of them coming out in their numbers to attend the presentation because of the goodies that’ll be given afterwards. If it’s for lectures, they won’t show up.
You pay to repair projector, you pair to fuel gen to use the projector because if you wait for the department, you’ll wait and lose weight.

See ehn...just hustle money so you can give your children the best education there is instead of trying to justify what doesn’t make sense.
ASUU SHOULD HELP STOP THIS EXPLOITATION
�������

On Postgraduate Courses and Thesis Defence in Nigerian Universities - A thread:

"We had to pay hotel bills for the members of the panel. You could also offer sex, if your supervisor is the devil's apprentice. Transport money inclusive."
- Erdoo N.

"I decided I'd never have anything else to do with Nigerian universities, the day I saw people defending their masters dissertation presenting coolers of rice, garden eggs and crates of drinks to their supervisors. I legit thought someone was getting married."
- Bibian U.

"We we're told we'd pay 60k each, for both entertainment and logistics of external supervisor."
-Chiamaka O.

"We spent the night prior to my mother's defense at the University of Ilorin, cooking coolers of rice with assorted meat for the lecturers."
- Omekagu.

We fed the whole department.
Paid a prior fee of 2k.
Still gave supervisor gift. This same supervisor then came on one of my Facebook posts to say how I'm too opinionated to get married. I blocked him for my peace of mind. I don't have strength."
- Sylvia E.

"My husband was so frustrated by his Uniuyo supervisor for this, that he abandoned his MBA and finally got it from a UK university without any sort of bribery."
- Uche N.

"In ESUT, students have to buy brand new suits for their supervisors."
- Udeh O.

"Envelopes filled with money. Hotel bills. Payment to the school. External supervisor's fee. The mental stress.
Ah! The only reason I'm still doing it is because I've come too far to stop. After Master's, I'll never do anything school in this country again. Never!"
- Bello A.

"Some departments will even provide you with a menu and list of people you'll feed on the day of your thesis defense.
I nearly wept for my friend, when one non-teaching staff started dragging her because meat had finished."
- Esther A.

"Ordinary B.Sc project I defended, mh supervisor collected a bag of rice. On the defense day, we went to an eatery and bought food and drinks for all the supervisors in the hall."
- Harrison P.

"The money I spent on my supervisor was enough to buy a piece of land in GRA.

-A bottle of special nonalcoholic wine and MTN airtime worth 1.5k for "consultation" before he approved my topic.
-Two months DSTV premium subscription...

-N5000 for every chapter I took to him for vetting. Except Chapter 4 - he made me pay 20k for it because, "all my project students knows I do it better."

-The day of defence, we(a group of about 15 students) paid 2k each for food and transport fare."
-Odichi R.

"We paid 40k each for 'refreshment' and 'honorarium' during internal defence. We are also going to replicate that amount, if not more, during external the defence."
- Ịhụnanya A.

"For BSc project defense we contributed money to feed the supervisors."
-Oreva E.

"My project topic was originally on aquatic snails.

My supervisor said I should bring some snails to his house, not even the aquatic snails that I was supposed to be working on. I bought half a bag of land snails for him.

A week later, he changed my topic to Catfish and demanded that I buy some catfish and and bring them to his house for inspection. I had to do it. I wish he'd asked for rice and drinks, like my colleagues were asked. If have spent less money."
- Ruth D.

"The best thing I ever did for my life and mental health was to abandon my Master's program halfway. My blood pressure was always high. They killed my zeal to study and do research. Nigerian universities? God forbid!"
- Ene P.

"I abandoned my Master's program because my supervisor wanted to have sex with me. I told him I'm a married woman. He said and I quote, "That's even better! I like them married. If anything happens, we'll both keep our mouths shut." No one listened to my report.
- Annie U.

“And Postgraduate students do multiple defenses - proposal, internal and faculty defense, then the very almighty external defense. Multiple seminars too

And refreshment is served in ALL

I swear, MSc/PHD in Nigeria was the most challenging thing I've done in my life so far”
Please share among your contacts and groups to bring sanity into the higher Institutions in our country.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by kolas88(m): 10:50am On Dec 06, 2020
Do they get automatic employment when they graduate? Bcuz minimum of over 4million would have been spent on a student before graduation. This is ample enough to start a business and become a billionaire if prudently invested
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by costandi(m): 10:51am On Dec 06, 2020
Toks2008:

A faceless forum like this breeds ignorance. You don't know me so please stop ranting about someone been poor or making money and focus on the topic.

With all the hype, OAU, uniben and unilag ranks above it but as you rightly said, it is all about choice.
Make money bro and stop ranting.
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by cjeriia: 10:51am On Dec 06, 2020
flokii:

It's not a glorified secondary school man. Speaking from experience, their graduates hold their own comfily in all sectors they find themselves. They also have the best chemical engineering department in Naija according to ranking. Check b4 you hate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Question Of The Day : Does Alum Truly Tighten The Vagina And How Safe Is It? i / And I Eventually Fail Jamb ( Screenshot) / N5000 For Sex With Students Of FGGC Langtang Plateau: Security Guards Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.