Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad (42362 Views)

After I Took A Loan For Her, She Blocked My Number / What A Barman Did When I Took A Lady For A Date. / Man Took A Lady On A Date Without Having Much Money. See What Happened Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Dreyton36: 9:29pm On Dec 10, 2020
That's good but I'll like to hear it all if you don't mind
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Johnson5258: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2020
Stop cheering up insolence, yes we may not know what the woman has done but it's not good in anyway to abuse our darling mothers. God forbid bad thing. Since they didn't deal with him, he only signed undertaking, that's a fair judgment.

jawalis:
You’ll definitely regret your action. Mark today’s date in your calendar.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Chevrolet076(m): 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:
Sequel.

Former thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6300083/step-dad-maltreating-mom-confused

About my mom being maltreated by my step dad, I took a bold step today, I took two military men to my step dad's house today and luckily for me, I only met him at home, I didn't meet my mom there, I guess she went out, I am expecting her call lol. I don't know what she would say about what I did though.

When we got in, he was sitting in his living room watching TV, he was shocked to see military men with me. To cut the long story short, they made him sign an undertaking not to lay his hands on my mom again, I just hope he listens knowing the kind of man that he is.

I am really grateful to everybody that showed some love by giving me quality advice, you are blessed.

I wish I could tell you more gists about how it all happened but I am really tired, today was a really stressful day.

I know you need to proactively address this issue, but sometimes, things are better left off the way they are.

I just pray it won't backfire.
if your stepdad begins to ignore your mom and ghost her like she doesn't exist, your mom will feel lonely and she may bounce it back at you for destroying the relationship between her and her husband.

I pray that the best happens anyway. God will make your good intent fruitify your efforts
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by adanny01(m): 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Na wa ooh...contract not to beat mum. grin

Undertaking that has no legal backing.

It seems you mum love the beating...the more beating the more she falls in love

O ho dai, the message was delivered successfully.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by talktrue1234: 9:34pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:
Sequel.

Former thread:

About my mom being maltreated by my step dad, I took a bold step today, I took two military men to my step dad's house today and luckily for me, I only met him at home, I didn't meet my mom there, I guess she went out, I am expecting her call lol. I don't know what she would say about what I did though.

When we got in, he was sitting in his living room watching TV, he was shocked to see military men with me. To cut the long story short, they made him sign an undertaking not to lay his hands on my mom again, I just hope he listens knowing the kind of man that he is.

I am really grateful to everybody that showed some love by giving me quality advice, you are blessed.

I wish I could tell you more gists about how it all happened but I am really tired, today was a really stressful day.

Nice one
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by chinonyinye: 9:35pm On Dec 10, 2020
Check if you can notarize the document to make it legal
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by stacyadams: 9:35pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:

Lol. I actually begged them not to touch him before we left.
I thought he was going to fight them but he didn't, he was really scared and he didn't expect I could do something as elaborate as bringing military men into his house, he was super shocked.
grin angry

YES him body go calm down small..I support u
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:
Sequel.

Former thread:

So you're a baddie for real. Congrats!
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:44pm On Dec 10, 2020
Wyry:
Nigerian girls are useless.
This is becoming a nuisance. Seun, Mynd44, please we don't elements like these here. Let's sanitize Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by marsup: 9:46pm On Dec 10, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Na wa ooh...contract not to beat mum. grin

Undertaking that has no legal backing.

It seems you mum love the beating...the more beating the more she falls in love
freaky
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by emperorshaokahn(m): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2020
you are just an attention seeking hoe,its so obvious your story is fake.but lets assume it is not,since when is it the duty of the military to engage themselfs in such matters,if na me be the man i go just tear that stupid undertaking and sue your ass for threat to life,or go hire my own soldiers too for you.chai nigerian army don cast.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Bishop(m): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:
Sequel.

Former thread:

The facts that he admitted in writing of physical assault is a crime on its own.

He will need to convince the Judge that it was done under duress.

So you need photo evidence both past and the one he will do in the future {he will still assault her} to prove your case in the station or in court if it ever gets there, because of your mum's too Much love.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Rajosh(m): 9:53pm On Dec 10, 2020
Your dad will be proud of you. you've done well
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by pooozeee(m): 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2020
I don't support domestic violence, I think your mum should leave the marriage.

Then the document he signed doesn't have a legal backing like a stamp so it might not be useful because it was even signed under duress.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by dododawa1: 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2020
No time
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:
I wish I could tell you more gists about how it all happened but I am really tired, today was a really stressful day

I hope your mom doesn't bounce back on you when she begins to feel another heat aside beatings. Tom & Jerry relationship can be so funny

But you're a good child,,, oil dey your head grin
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by MARKone(m): 10:08pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:

My brother, I tire oo.

But he appended his signature, isn't that enough thebosstrevor1?

It's not enough. You would have gone with a lawyer and secondly I understand your plight, but you know your move is illegal, and can get those soldiers court marshalled, but hey, things we do for momma's love. I would do worse anyway if I'm in your shoes.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by okoIYAyin(m): 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2020
See what our military men has been reduced to, smh! angry
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by willexyaho(m): 10:11pm On Dec 10, 2020
Hope you took some pictures and possibly videos

But I hope there was a warrant and proper documentation for the action that you took?

But if your step dad is local man that doesn't know his right, no problem.

But your mom is the real definition of "Till death do us part" Hope that is the signal she is waiting for before she leaves the house.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Paulianfa(m): 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2020
bold step but bad decision u made, ur moms life is in danger... from starvation to hatred up loading

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:

By cash sir
how much?
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2020
Nairaland is full of bullshit stories
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by SweetCunt97(f): 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:

I thought he was going to fight them but he didn't, he was really scared and he didn't expect I could do something as elaborate as bringing military men into his house, he was super shocked.
You should have allowed them to tear him one so he knows shiis real.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Samorobo2: 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2020
jawalis:

So she should sit and watch another man turn her mummy to a punching bag....well she has a a girl...if it is me I would have called the man out one day let's do it man to man......then force my mum out of that useless marriage...
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by NiklauseFred(m): 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2020
Wyry:
Nigerian girls are useless.

With all due respect sir.Who broke ur heart? undecided
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by jawalis(m): 10:18pm On Dec 10, 2020
Samorobo2:

So she should sit and watch another man turn her mummy to a punching bag....well she has a a girl...if it is me I would have called the man out one day let's do it man to man......then force my mum out of that useless marriage...
Hmmm. I know what am saying. She should have concentrated on her mother

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Mcslize: 10:29pm On Dec 10, 2020
chatinent:
You took two soldier to a peaceful signing of an undertaking?

You didn't give him a taste of his own soup?

No need to beat him. Sighting the two soldiers alone is enough to make him wise up.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by jahlove4jah: 10:32pm On Dec 10, 2020
hashtagged:

Whatever, I don't like violent men and if my mom was in that situation I won't wait or give him a chance, people like that never change trust me he is bitter now looking for more ways to harm her

I have gone through some comments here and I agree with you on this. Emotional abuse is even worst than physical abuse..

Sometimes separating a victim of abuse from his abuser may force the abuser to think if he is willing to make adjustments if really hr wants the marriage back.

Your mother need time away from your step dad to heal and recover. Take her for sometime if your circumstances will allow you.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Heineken(m): 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:

that's good news dear.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by authority2006(m): 10:35pm On Dec 10, 2020
jawalis:

So in your little mind and little brain, she shouldn't have done anything? Trash

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by uuzba(m): 10:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
Baiser:

Lol
You step dad naa wimp
Dem suppose tear the man slap first.
This is why I hate anything step dad step mom.
Do not marry a divorcee.
Stear clear. Go and find fresh husband or fresh wife and marry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Colourful Igbo Traditional Wedding In Canada: Pictures & Video / Love At Oyo COVID-19 Isolation Centre: Discharged Lady Goes Home With Soldier / I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.