Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad (42329 Views)

After I Took A Loan For Her, She Blocked My Number / What A Barman Did When I Took A Lady For A Date. / Man Took A Lady On A Date Without Having Much Money. See What Happened Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by uuzba(m): 10:39pm On Dec 10, 2020
pooozeee:
I don't support domestic violence, I think your mum should leave the marriage.

Then the document he signed doesn't have a legal backing like a stamp so it might not be useful because it was even signed under duress.
I don't support step dad, step mom step children..

Fresh man and fresh woman should marry.
Divorce is wrong.
Marrying a divorcee is just plain adultery.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 10:49pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:
Sequel.

Former thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6300083/step-dad-maltreating-mom-confused

About my mom being maltreated by my step dad, I took a bold step today, I took two military men to my step dad's house today and luckily for me, I only met him at home, I didn't meet my mom there, I guess she went out, I am expecting her call lol. I don't know what she would say about what I did though.

When we got in, he was sitting in his living room watching TV, he was shocked to see military men with me. To cut the long story short, they made him sign an undertaking not to lay his hands on my mom again, I just hope he listens knowing the kind of man that he is.

I am really grateful to everybody that showed some love by giving me quality advice, you are blessed.

I wish I could tell you more gists about how it all happened but I am really tired, today was a really stressful day.

He will beat her, he ll beat her tomorrow sef let's beg n ur mama go lie say she fall from okada.. You suppose beat him wella. Wait o shey dey don get kids ni

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Bellotelli: 10:52pm On Dec 10, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

Na so you mumu reach
Your papa nyash
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Excuzeme: 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:

My brother, I tire oo.

But he appended his signature, isn't that enough thebosstrevor1?

I dont support him beating his wife though, but any agreement signed under such duress is null and void.
Not worth the paper it was signed on sef.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Sarita01(f): 11:04pm On Dec 10, 2020
chaii,wetin be undertaking,you for tell them to lock him inside guard room for three weeks by the time mosquito bite and suck that his watery brain,he will have sense by force,then after that he can sign any freaking undertaking. yeye man,u try o,if na me by now I for done dey prison cos I go deal with am wella. they Don start Shiloh carry your mom go meet oyedepo let Dem pray and remove any spirit of mumu love from her head,cos it's not ordinary,maybe he gave her kognomi chop,who knows
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by alizma: 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:
Sequel.

Former thread:

About my mom being maltreated by my step dad, I took a bold step today, I took two military men to my step dad's house today and luckily for me, I only met him at home, I didn't meet my mom there, I guess she went out, I am expecting her call lol. I don't know what she would say about what I did though.

When we got in, he was sitting in his living room watching TV, he was shocked to see military men with me. To cut the long story short, they made him sign an undertaking not to lay his hands on my mom again, I just hope he listens knowing the kind of man that he is.

I am really grateful to everybody that showed some love by giving me quality advice, you are blessed.

I wish I could tell you more gists about how it all happened but I am really tired, today was a really stressful day.

You tried in taken steps to protect your mom but you have just intensified you mom's challenge and probably you have succeeded in messing up your relationship with her. As much as we don't feel happy about maltreatment melted on our loved ones at time but it is always better to work on the mind of the person involved until they are strong enough to take bold decision such as quitting or standing up to their oppressor than to take direct actions on the matter. Your mom still loves the man that is why she had stayed all this while and your action will now make her feel like she(through you) had offended the man and need to do anything possible to make the man forgive her(your) action while on the other hand, the man hatred for your mom will now increase. If your mom finds it difficult to flow along with the man henceforth, she will hold that against and remember, no matter how much you love your mom, you can't play the man's role in her life
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Omolomo4eva(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2020
if he violates that agreement, next time,use guys and ask them to put on SARS top,I don't mind joining
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Excuzeme: 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:

Lol. I am waiting for his next line of action. My mom just called and told me that he has been comporting himself very well since she came back.

Just wait till he gets drunk again grin grin grin
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by iamJ(m): 11:18pm On Dec 10, 2020
If your mum quarrels with you

I will contribute money for you to arrange her beatdown
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by AfroKnight: 11:25pm On Dec 10, 2020
Now I’m sure this is just another fake story.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by SocialJustice: 11:29pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:
Sequel.

Former thread:

Military men to sign undertaking? That's not admissible in court na, hopefully the fear of being dealt with is enough for him to change his ways.

Next time, get him to sign something the court can use. Of course Nigerian courts are useless, likewise the police.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Djikot: 11:33pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:

I hope so, thanks

Agreement that was made under duress. That's as bad as our government ways. Your mum should go through the right channel and get the man called to order or penalized. Going with the military guys is very wrong. The fools don't even know their jobs. What has an army got to do with a domestic violence issue? Tomorrow you'll b the one shouting end military operation
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by BaddieFreak(f): 11:34pm On Dec 10, 2020
Djikot:

Agreement that was made under duress. That's as bad as our government ways. Your mum should go through the right channel and get the man called to order or penalized. Going with the military guys is very wrong. The fools don't even know their jobs. What has an army got to do with a domestic violence issue? Tomorrow you'll b the one shouting end military operation
Not my fault, I tried using the police several times, it didn't work. And my mom won't let us sue him legally.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Stanleyq: 11:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:

Lol. I actually begged them not to touch him before we left.
I thought he was going to fight them but he didn't, he was really scared and he didn't expect I could do something as elaborate as bringing military men into his house, he was super shocked.
Hope Ur mum wont use this to be neglecting the man too, we have nt heard his own story. Why does he beat her, just for nothing?

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by redsun(m): 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2020
Why should your mum stay with someone that maltreats her to the point that you to do something about it? Don't she have an option of where to seek refuge for safety? Or is she solely depending on him for basic survival?
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Djikot: 11:46pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:

Not my fault, I tried using the police several times, it didn't work. And my mom won't let us sue him legally.

Next time try those humans right activist or our famous feminists. The army idea was just like intimidating him. He will become more brutal this time maybe not physically.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Excuzeme: 11:48pm On Dec 10, 2020
jawalis:

I wouldn’t want to involve myself in further argument though. But what you did isn’t the best approach. We are not in America. And now; your life is on the line. Believe you me, henceforth, your mother will have to live like a slave to him after a while because he knows exactly what you are capable of doing. You should have worked on your mother instead.

Most people will not agree or see sense on your post.
I wish couples can resolve their issues without resorting to violence. It takes a lot of self control.
But Violence is not just physical, it can come in form of verbal abuse, destroying the emotional and psychological stability of the victim, from the inside, without any outer evidence or damage.
Women inflict such violence on their husbands; women are better than men, with their "mouth", inflicting emotional and psychological torture that has made some men to commit suicide and the husband, being not good at 'words' responds in how they know best, physical violence.
Both spouse need to exercise greater control when annoyed.

As to this lady that used Soldiers to threaten her Step-Dad, l think it might be the beginning of a very bad and complicated experience.
It seems to me, he has an alcohol problem, rather than a Violent nature. he beats her Mum, when he is drunk,
probably her Mum sees the good side of the man when he is sober and that is why she does not wan to leave the man.
So, l would rather they had work on his alcoholism, that threaten him in a way that puts his ego at stake.

I hope the man is a 'total drunk' who never gets sober otherwise, he wont forgive this sort of action and l am even worried for the lady herself, not to mention her mother.
Truth is, the agreement is as useless as the paper it is signed-on, you cant enforce such agreement in any court, because it was signed under duress.
What we dont know is who the drunk will tell, about what his Step-daughter did to him and you can bet he will have sympathisers who will Coach him on "what to do" to the Step-Daughter!
That is why l said l hope he is always drunk, that way he wont be sober enough to think about it.

Some people dont forgive when you hurt their ego, especially in a situation of that much age difference.

I have heard stories of how a young lady offended an elderly man (she actually used Police to harass him because her boyfriend an dlater husband, was a Police Officer), the old man took it in his stride, acted as if all was well but later went diabolical behind her.
For a long time, the lady was barren until it was revealed to her that she has offended an elderly man and should go and seek forgiveness.
The description was so clear that she herself said: I know who it is.
It took a lot of effort to find the man and assuage his hurt ego, sacrifice, etc. Even the Police husband could not remember what he had done almost a decade ago.
My fear is that this man that is suddenly behaving himself now, might be planning something worse and sinister, that might not even be traceable to him. To us, we have concluded that he is afraid, what if we are wrong?
Let's hope the @Op and her mother remains safe and does not regret her action, young people need to think twice before listening to advice on the internet, when shits hits the fan, it becomes your problem, internet does care that much. undecided

Imagine @Op going back to the same house to see her Mother and she meets the step-Dad eyeball, to eyeball, what do you think will be going on in his head? He already sees you as a threat to his own life and you cant predict how some people react in such situation.
What if he puts something on the ground for you and you unknowing match or walk over it?
Does he have grown Children? What if he tells them and they decide to take you out or you think other people dont have access to the Army or bad guys?

Just get your Mother out of that place fast and stay away from him, your Chicken may have nestled on a Cloth-line, Chicken cant rest, Cloth-line cant rest.
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Starzo: 11:52pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:

By cash sir
I've got mad cash to blow wink
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Excuzeme: 11:56pm On Dec 10, 2020
chinonyinye:
Check if you can notarize the document to make it legal

Notarize document signed under duress? shocked grin grin
Musa don suffer for this gateman work o! cry
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by dollytino4real(f): 11:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
ur mum needs to disappear from dat house and reappear in London, if not dat man can kill u 4 wat u did. change location fast
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Excuzeme: 12:01am On Dec 11, 2020
Bishop:

The facts that he admitted in writing of physical assault is a crime on its own.

He will need to convince the Judge that it was done under duress.

So you need photo evidence both past and the one he will do in the future {he will still assault her} to prove your case in the station or in court if it ever gets there, because of your mum's too Much love.

You mean the man should not admit to crime, in writing, with two hefty Soldiers breathing down his neck? shocked
You want them to beat the daylights out of him? grin
He does not need to convince any Judge, all he needs to do is say so! Even a Judge knows that no one, not even a drunk, signs such incriminating evidence against himself, out of freewill.
Just sit back and put yourself in the seat of a Judge, just think about it for a minute. undecided
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Excuzeme: 12:04am On Dec 11, 2020
willexyaho:
Hope you took some pictures and possibly videos

But I hope there was a warrant and proper documentation for the action that you took?

But if your step dad is local man that doesn't know his right, no problem.

But your mom is the real definition of "Till death do us part" Hope that is the signal she is waiting for before she leaves the house.

You Nairaland people sef, una nor go kill person with too much sense! shocked!
Which Court or Judge will issue a Warrant for Soldiers to go and harass somebody? grin grin
Cheesux!
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Gharnew112(m): 1:11am On Dec 11, 2020
Wyry:
Nigerian girls are useless.

You people talk to much !! Haba !!
Cho! Cho!! Cho!!!
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Pineapplelove: 1:29am On Dec 11, 2020
bad move
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by openmine(m): 1:58am On Dec 11, 2020
OP Please If you have the means, take your mother out of there!
A violent person like your stepdad will not stop being violent by signing a mere undertaking and will never stop until he hurts your mother using other diabolical means!
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Ademoore07(m): 2:03am On Dec 11, 2020
jawalis:
You’ll definitely regret your action. Mark today’s date in your calendar.
Are u ok?
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by Jennifer89(f): 2:19am On Dec 11, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Na wa ooh...contract not to beat mum. grin

Undertaking that has no legal backing.

It seems you mum love the beating...the more beating the more she falls in love

hahahahaha. you are a wicked somebody
Re: I Finally Took A Bold Step Against My Step-dad by InvertedHammer: 2:33am On Dec 11, 2020
BaddieFreak:
Sequel.

Former thread:

/
Just looking at your dp, I already know all there is to know about you and your mom. Na as goat take stand, we dey take price am.

Goodluck!

The only way to rescue your mom is to find her another man who could giver her some sex as good or better than this man she is living with. She had you out of wedlock and it affected her self-esteem. She thinks that this man is the best she can do. Find solutions to her self-esteem and libido...and you got your mom back. No military presence necessary.

What kind of contract under duress did you sign with an alcoholic?

/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? / You Want To Call Your Lover & Your Phone Is Dead... / I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.