Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,551 members, 7,955,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:31 PM

Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished (22225 Views)

Stress-free Weekend On 23 Road-- Rockview Hotels (MD) Obiora Obianodo / Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) / "Rumuokwurusi Residents Count Losses As Flood Wrecks Havoc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by LegendHero(m): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2020
MyGeneration:

U people complain abt how the SE is not hospitable but. Never has it been recorded that business of non igbos were singled out and destroyed or them attacked but SW that has done it time without number is the hospitable region.

Development in lagos just keep deceiving u people that SW is hospitable. Time will tell

Why do people evade SE in the first place? There is nothing cosmopolitan about the SE because you guys are somehow clannish.

Even amongst yourselves there are discriminations so how do you think a non-indigene will be that receptive over there.

The SW is the most hospitable region in Nigeria and I’m not speaking of only Lagos. In Oyo state, I personally know a lot of SE’ners that are even in the state government civil service and living devoid of any harassment whatsoever.

LASG can do what they want and it’s left to the people to go to court if they think there is an infringement on their right. Stop attaching tribalism to everything coz that doesn’t sell anymore.

We the West don’t even care if you scream tribalism like before coz we have come to know that being considerate is considered weakness in this Nigeria and you have to be brutal for people to call you strong.

10 Likes

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by lastclaire4(f): 1:22pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

U re a foolish person..
U dnt even knw the market they are talking abt. 23rd market is the approved festac market. They wanted to try dis at the popular agboju market not knowing the land now belongs to the almighty Vincent Obianudo aka young shall grow. Baba sued them #10,000,000,000 for trespassing on his land and till today nobody went to his land.
He actually bought that land to feed the poor.
You yoruba pple are lazy! U dnt want to work. Poverty will drain you.

Dont mind people claiming to be festac born whereas they stay in maza maza.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

Whether any market is owned by any young shall grow or baba ijebu...if the market is found out to be a hub of illegal activities it will be demolished and brought to the ground. Obey the laws or return to your Hamlets.
Sharrap man!
Which illegal activity is going on in that 23rd market
Jst stay in ur village and assume

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Revolva(m): 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
They should have notified the owners of the shop before demolition

This is wrong oo even if they are planning some development in the area ...inform the owners properly before you destroy
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
lastclaire4:

Dont mind people claiming to be festac born whereas they stay in maza maza.
Lol!
They re dreaming.
Yoruba pple are jst miscreants in that amuwo odofin LGA
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

Sharrap man!
Which illegal activity is going on in that 23rd market
Jst stay in ur village and assume

Keep asking me question, you'll soon find yourself on a trailer to Aba or whichever stinkhole you're from...
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Anaerobi(m): 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
being a Nigerian is a trait to your life. staying in Nigeria is a danger zoon.

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nktessy(f): 1:32pm On Dec 14, 2020
I think they were given prior notice but iya oloja assured them that nothing of such wud happen that she has met with the people concerned. But unfortunately the bulldozer took them unawares. Abokis and other street boys reaped a lot of people's properties. U can imagine, some of the stop owners were not even around and they bulldozed the locked shops. It's a pity.

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

Lol!
They re dreaming.
Yoruba pple are jst miscreants in that amuwo odofin LGA

I hope all the educated "woke" Yoruba's in amuwo odofin sees this....I promise you that the age of the liberal Yoruba man is coming to an end, normally you can't talk like this in kaduna and Kano; we know what they did to one of your sister in the north who was running her mouth on a religious topic... Just keep at it, you guys have it coming for you.

2 Likes

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
Onlinesmart:
Owners at work! The 'no man's land' chanters, how far na? grin
See how foolish you are? Who is collecting rent for those houses demolished?
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Ihatemumu: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
hakeem4:
prevent it how. The government would send lasbca to stop illegal structures. The owners would bribe them. Now the government is here to demolish it. You’re crying fowl

Don't be too quick to judge, I am based in the UK, but we don't have such problems here or I might be mistaken too, don't you think the Government should take this more seriously or even automate the process in a database? cause I am a firm believer of prevention is better than cure!!!

3 Likes

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by lastclaire4(f): 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
mushystuff:

It think it's high time governments that want to demolish illegal structures or settlements publish notice of such intentions on widely read papers and paste notices in the market or area so no one comes to claim that they were not notified. Rather than just leaving it in the hands of greedy market leaders who will hide information and keep milking shop/stall owners until they are taken unawares!

Pleas Ask. That market is not illegal. It was built by Raji Rasaki but completed by oyinlola.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Originalsly: 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2020
Funny... one guy in the video is like shocked that the market is being demolished and the owner is not even there! Most likely the owner already knew the fate of the market sometime ago! All those complaining.... were their businesses registered? Any city has law and order... Lagos problem is lack of consistent enforcement.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Ephemmm: 2:03pm On Dec 14, 2020
MyGeneration:

U people complain abt how the SE is not hospitable but. Never has it been recorded that business of non igbos were singled out and destroyed or them attacked but SW that has done it time without number is the hospitable region.

Development in lagos just keep deceiving u people that SW is hospitable. Time will tell

You think it is only Lagos, when Ogun is set to take over from Lagos in terms of industrialization.

My son, the IGR of the whole SE states would not be able to match the one to be generated by Ogun State in the next ten years.

Mark my word!

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Raysleek: 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

He is a stupid yoruba fool
Pls don't insult anyone, maybe he doesn't know.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Born2Breed(f): 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2020
I'm still wondering the rationale behind these demolition.

These are lock up shops and those traders selling by the road side can be sent parking not demolishing buildings that were set aside by FHA for businesses.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by NwaAro: 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2020
I wonder why the Lagos state government didn't exhibit this show of strength against the Hausa dominated areas and markets where thousands of yorubawa pigs have been driven out from? places like Fagba area which was recently conquered by the Hausas, needless to mention Ajegunle, Idi Araba and other Hausa colonies in Lagos grin. Anyway Igbos still own Festac, Ladipo, Alaba, etc and we will continue to legislate those areas in our own way, God punish any Yorubawa subhuman that will dare encroach on our colonies angry
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

I hope all the educated "woke" Yoruba's in amuwo odofin sees this....I promise you that the age of the liberal Yoruba man is coming to an end, normally you can't talk like this in kaduna and Kano; we know what they did to one of your sister in the north who was running her mouth on a religious topic... Just keep at it, you guys have it coming for you.
Sharrap Man!
Lazy yoruba pple
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by PenSniper: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
leisuretym:
You should learn to follow government master plan, so many shanties were destroyed last month and many are still going down, Lagos is not a place you come and build without approval, it's the same you screaming Lagos is a glorified slum , we thank you for calling our attention to it, and considering the level of insecurity now I think government need to take action, you all saw what happened there weeks ago when hoodlums chased away police men there..

You can not see a well laid out street and start building rubbish which is not in the plan, those are the things you guys did that disfigured festac. Festac used to be a beautiful place but not anymore

True.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Sleekfingers: 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
leisuretym:
You should learn to follow government master plan, so many shanties were destroyed last month and many are still going down, Lagos is not a place you come and build without approval, it's the same you screaming Lagos is a glorified slum , we thank you for calling our attention to it, and considering the level of insecurity now I think government need to take action, you all saw what happened there weeks ago when hoodlums chased away police men there..

You can not see a well laid out street and start building rubbish which is not in the plan, those are the things you guys did that disfigured festac. Festac used to be a beautiful place but not anymore

help me tell them o.....i love the way lagos state government is demolishing all those illegal structures.........
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by reidkrugger(m): 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
leisuretym:

Have u been to festac? Do you know where this market is? Do you even know how the market came about? That market has been in dat place when festac was festac and all dat time, the FHA saw it and acknowledged it. Now and all of a sudden, because some greedy people need money, demolition has become an option. Look u beta keep quiet on matters dat u don't know into to. Because if the traders concerned jus curse u perem, your 2021 don seal be dat o. Dats someone's livelyhood and u are here talking about master plan. Taaa sharrraaap there!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Sleekfingers: 2:31pm On Dec 14, 2020
tamdun:

Festac is better, come to satellite town, no diff from ajegule, na bear parlour u go dey see every corner

the government need to clear that area too......
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by TheDestroyer: 2:32pm On Dec 14, 2020
grin They forget a yoruba adage that says both the slave and his property belongs to his master. They've gone mute now
Onlinesmart:
Owners at work! The 'no man's land' chanters, how far na? grin

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by emonis88: 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

Inasmuch as I'd love to laugh on this, it's really not about the "no man's land people" but people following laws whether indigines or foreigners, the south west is fast becoming a center for a lot of illegal activities and if care isn't taken it's going to affect the economy of the region. People should learn to obey laws whether they're indigenes or foreigners.
sorry by foreigners u mean ur fellow Nigerians ?
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by youngestgrad(m): 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
leisuretym:

Shut the phuck up, this has nothing to do with street planning.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

Sharrap Man!
Lazy yoruba pple

Fvck off. Drug pushing gigolo

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by emonis88: 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
NwaAro:
I wonder why the Lagos state government didn't exhibit this show of strength against the Hausa dominated areas and markets where thousands of yorubawa pigs have been driven out from? places like Fagba area which was recently conquered by the Hausas, needless to mention Ajegunle, Idi Araba and other Hausa colonies in Lagos grin. Anyway Igbos still own Festac, Ladipo, Alaba, etc and we will continue to legislate those areas in our own way, God punish any Yorubawa subhuman that will dare encroach on our colonies angry
I Think ur tone is uncalled for. If u build in an illegal area , d govt overtime il demolish it. and putting tribal sentiments on all issues in this country is becoming a cliche. it is sounding stale n annoying. those of u fanning d embers of a tribal unstability if caught in it il surely regret fanning those embers Nigerians should be more careful o!

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Onlinesmart: 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheDestroyer:
grin They forget a yoruba adage that says both the slave and his property belongs to his master. They've gone mute now
ẹnì tó l'ẹrú lo l'ẹrù

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by youngestgrad(m): 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2020
Raysleek:

Bros that market is not a shanty, its the most organised market in festac. I stayed in festac for 25 years
Finally, someone who knows what he is saying.

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by hakeem4(m): 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2020
Ihatemumu:

Don't be too quick to judge, I am based in the UK, but we don't have such problems here or I might be mistaken too, don't you think the Government should take this more seriously or even automate the process in a database? cause I am a firm believer of prevention is better than cure!!!
I am a civil engineer working with the government and I can tell you that most people build without approvals. One job i designed is currently going on and i know the owner did not go for full approval
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 2:47pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

Fvck off. Drug pushing gigolo
Agbero FC!
Lazy waywards.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 14, 2020
emonis88:

sorry by foreigners u mean ur fellow Nigerians ?

Yes, just as a man man from imo or oyo cannot go to Enugu to claim indiginous ownership and vice versa it can only be achieved by conquest and not migration.. a yoruba man from Benin republic has more rights in Oyo state than someone from abia, Nigeria is an artificial construct.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Survey Plan Is All About / Why We Demolished 150 Shanties, Kiosks In Agege – Lagos Taskforce / Hiab Selfloader Truck Hire Services In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.