Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished (21931 Views)

Stress-free Weekend On 23 Road-- Rockview Hotels (MD) Obiora Obianodo / Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) / "Rumuokwurusi Residents Count Losses As Flood Wrecks Havoc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
codemaniacs:

if the NW, NC, NE SE, SS systems are broken does not mean the SW system should be broken..
state govts in the SW needs to give start-up capital to Yorubas who want to start small companies, 4x4 shops and other small businesses e.t.c

the SW cannot continue to use louts to collect commissions ( taxes) from businesses while the profits of these businesses are unknown and much larger than the commissions the louts collect... it is more important to own, control and tax small businesses. everything should be formalize in a way that yoruba graduates can see it as businesses graduates can also engage in...

We're saying the same thing, the last true leaders the Yoruba's had was Awolowo and Akintola, just like Ahmadu Bello, these guys put the interest of their citizens as priority, they were not interested in being politically correct or focusing on federal power, this can't be said of the treacherous folks we currently have there.... Summary of what am saying is that a new breed of conservative, young and educated yoruba nationalists must start to enter politics. Everyone also has a role to play.

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2020
emonis88:

cool then what r u waiting for u can move with ur people into benin , since this contraption Nigeria is bleeped up , that means u get to leave bf it gets worse.

grin comprehension seems to be a hard one for you
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by emonis88: 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

grin comprehension seems to be a hard one for you
I comprehend what u say loud n clear. just saying since u already ve a better option than Nigeria, y wait?

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 14, 2020
emonis88:

I comprehend what u say loud n clear. just saying since u already ve a better option than Nigeria, y wait?

Buhari isn't leaving nigeria because he has relatives in Niger Republic; he's your president.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by emonis88: 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

Buhari isn't leaving nigeria because he has relatives in Niger Republic; he's your president.
Ah ! now d truth is coming out !
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
emonis88:

Ah ! now d truth is coming out !

Whatever truth you think you know, am a full blooded ibadan boy from agbeni, am no bastard.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by tamdun: 5:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

Yes, just as a man man from imo or oyo cannot go to Enugu to claim indiginous ownership and vice versa it can only be achieved by conquest and not migration.. a yoruba man from Benin republic has more rights in Oyo state than someone from abia, Nigeria is an artificial construct.
True
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by feruzzy: 5:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
Good evening you all i have always felt this feeling of a being in my house but now i am 100% sure that is true this people are using native materials to turn invisible and i am sure that they are using it they put things in my food when my doors are open and now i went to the toilet three times a day i feel them greatly but no one else does and in my market place flies recently comes there immediately i open i occasionally do pour kerosene the flies reduce but later it comes back i pray and pray because i believe its witchcraft manipulation i have goods worth 250k there but non are selling i do buy provision which is a daily sales but i come back with little or nothing from the sale of provision i would keep on praying because i know God would answer me one day i just need advise from people who have experience such and what they did to overcome it.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by tamdun: 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

Yoruba will start with who
If they can scattter Alaba market or Trade fair then we ll knw they have power.
Meanwhile, have you ever thought why yoruba can't dominate any single market in lagos
U guys re lazy asses.
Broke waywards
We don install iyaloja for computer Village, trade fair is next

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by bigcasava1(m): 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
quentin06:

yes, they shud learn from the Hausa's and Yoruba's, they never build outside their states of origin.

But the Igbo amakas are like the Israelites, they get favor in strange lands not their home origins.
so those in southeast are not favoured? Are you saying southeast is under development?
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by bigcasava1(m): 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2020
ODVanguard:

Abegi. Isn't the same thing also happening in iboland? I mean demolition of illegal markets. Must you people always play the victim/blackmail card all the time?
my comment is not directed to u but to my own why not focus on issue that affect you directly
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2020
leisuretym:

You bribed official to relax the rules for you when your paddy was in position.. Was that right? Anyway your paddy is no longer on the seat. Now deal with it or take government to court.

Where did I mention bribe? That market was built, well planned and structured with supervision and approval from FHA.

This is clearly based on personal interest and not any sort of bribe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by braveboi4life: 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2020
Some of us that were born and grew up in FESTAC will tell better the history of that market and how these same govt officlals connived with some rich men to sell of most govt designated properties in FESTAC, now from the initial master plan, FESTAC was not meant to be a commercial town but strictly residential with all the social amenities that accompany a residential area, if you drive through 22road, you will see a big tower, that is meant to be for water reservou supplying water to all residents. and believe me this reservour was functional, and when lines are ruptured people go there to get water,pending when they will be fixed. No individual was expected to drill a bore hole in FESTAC, then the reservour stoped working and boreholes started springing up
Most of the properties were hotels, guest house, mosques, churches, banks and malls were built was supposed to be children play ground e.g 207, 402 and 3rd avenue but soon they were sold off by greedy govt officials, along that buffer zone from 3rd gate to 1st gate that has turned to a zone for churches e.g CPM, Communion church, RCCG foursquare e.t.c. those areas were not supposed to be sold.
That market was built in the mid 90s by marwa govt because FESTAC people needed a market at that time, the only market that was available was the 2nd gate market which was an illegal market (street market) and the govt asked those selling at 2nd gate to relocate to FESTAC but they refused..still the effect of this useless Iya Iloja gimmiks, another market at 4th/23rd junction was also built by Oyinlola which was one of the worse built markets in Lagos. My take is Govt has been a major accomplice in all the things that have gone wrong in that town. They will rebuild and sell that market to their cronies...capish

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2020
tamdun:

We don install iyaloja for computer Village, trade fair is next
Lol see how igbos dey take all una market
Losers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
leisuretym:
the Almighty Obianudo should give you a plot of land then.
We have space in the market since..
Cry me a river
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2020
totit:

Chukwudi! Must I bombard this thread with facts before you control your temper and frustration?

Hey! Stop already.

And by the way, people are not called ' lazy ' because you, somebody or some group of villagers under a tree in alaigbo says so, you prove it with fact! Ok, facts! Facts, ok? grin
Mr Semiu, your pple are lazy
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by emonis88: 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

Whatever truth you think you know, am a full blooded ibadan boy from agbeni, am no bastard.
not u! so we r being ruled by a foreigner?
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by totit: 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

Mr Semiu, your pple are lazy

Source - hatred, Chukwudi.

Save your breath already. grin

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2020
Yamrees want to turn FESTAC to a landfill like their Aba angry

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Uptown7(m): 6:31pm On Dec 14, 2020
The case of FESTAC is "Once upon a time" .
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by vioment: 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2020
That cameraman shouting these are igbo people shops, this and that, should stop that mumuism and idiocracy.

I was invented in SeaTac, and still most times stay in festac, it always seems to be decaying at every return.

The fact is/was, that market had been run down. There is no proof of tribalism here, the lg and sg have done a good job by removing this Eye sore like they have been doing all around Lagos.

I would have liked to know their plans for the legitimate shop owners or renters, not squatter sales people.

Anyway good luck to those affected.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

U re a foolish person..
U dnt even knw the market they are talking abt. 23rd market is the approved festac market. They wanted to try dis at the popular agboju market not knowing the land now belongs to the almighty Vincent Obianudo aka young shall grow. Baba sued them #10,000,000,000 for trespassing on his land and till today nobody went to his land.
He actually bought that land to feed the poor.
You yoruba pple are lazy! U dnt want to work. Poverty will drain you.

Look at this decayed animal, greedy Yamree have you seen the FESTAC masterplan?

Better go back to your Potor-potor Biafra
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 8:40pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kongulu:

Look at this decayed animal, greedy Yamree have you seen the FESTAC masterplan?

Better go back to your Potor-potor Biafra
No mugu!
I ve not seen it... Is like ur lazy father hid it where nobody can see it.
Idiot! Festac main market is 23rd.
Ur father unfortunately leaked the map.
All block of flats in that festac is now owned by igbos and hausas. Yoruba are freaking lazy.
Only to smoke weed.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
totit:

Source - hatred, Chukwudi.

Save your breath already. grin
Mr Semiu sorry.
Ugly looking creatures
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by cnonyechi(f): 8:52pm On Dec 14, 2020
leisuretym:
You should learn to follow government master plan, so many shanties were destroyed last month and many are still going down, Lagos is not a place you come and build without approval, it's the same you screaming Lagos is a glorified slum , we thank you for calling our attention to it, and considering the level of insecurity now I think government need to take action, you all saw what happened there weeks ago when hoodlums chased away police men there..

You can not see a well laid out street and start building rubbish which is not in the plan, those are the things you guys did that disfigured festac. Festac used to be a beautiful place but not anymore

This your long post is not the case here. If you know 23road market you will know it has nothing to do with what you posted here. That market was built by the past oyinlola government. It's as organised as trade fair, this could be a lease issue
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by cnonyechi(f): 8:54pm On Dec 14, 2020
hakeem4:

Was the market in the master plan. You don't just build anything anywhere

The market was built by the Lagos state government and not the people
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by cnonyechi(f): 8:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
Tetehjewels:

Comment with some sense. Festac is home tithe FHA known as federal housing authority and there is absolutely no construction that goes on in festac without FHA approval.

They surely approved those buildings because they have been constructed for close to 20yrs now.

Probably a new administration took over there and decided to do this based on either personal interest or felt the plans and approvals were not proper

Me am thinking probably the property was on lease and the lease has since expired too bad. Many got notice and sold their shops to unsuspecting ones.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by totit: 9:04pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

Mr Semiu sorry.
Ugly looking creatures

grin grin
But why is your life so frustrated so that you resort to cursing. grin one thing I observed about the riffraffs, church rats like you is that, you are the most lousy and noisy but have nothing to show with for name. You are provably somewhere in one village in alaigbo fighting and defending for your imaginary people.

Ugly looking creature you said, is that supposed to hurt me or what? The fact that you are ugly doesn't make me one. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? / Trying To Rent A Property In Lagos? Read This / Understand Water Borehole Drilling In Nigeria N Important Of Geophysical Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.