Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished (21929 Views)

Stress-free Weekend On 23 Road-- Rockview Hotels (MD) Obiora Obianodo / Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) / "Rumuokwurusi Residents Count Losses As Flood Wrecks Havoc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by TheDestroyer: 2:48pm On Dec 14, 2020
Onlinesmart:
ẹnì tó l'ẹrú lo l'ẹrù

3 Likes

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by TheDestroyer: 2:50pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hardworking nyamuri immigrants. Why you dey cry now? Yoruba never even start with una grin
chinchonglee:

Agbero FC!
Lazy waywards.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Ihatemumu: 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
hakeem4:

I am a civil engineer working with the government and I can tell you that most people build without approvals. One job i designed is currently going on and i know the owner did not go for full approval
omg. mehn Nigeria corruption dey everywhere
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 14, 2020
NwaAro:
I wonder why the Lagos state government didn't exhibit this show of strength against the Hausa dominated areas and markets where thousands of yorubawa pigs have been driven out from? places like Fagba area which was recently conquered by the Hausas, needless to mention Ajegunle, Idi Araba and other Hausa colonies in Lagos grin. Anyway Igbos still own Festac, Ladipo, Alaba, etc and we will continue to legislate those areas in our own way, God punish any Yorubawa subhuman that will dare encroach on our colonies angry

Last time I checked the miscreants from Niger Republic were given a quick notice, few weeks ago a few of them left lagos enmass just like when okadas were partially banned. grin grin it's funny to see a flatin0 talk about colony tho when even in his homeland he's probably an 0su pig, cattle rustlers have taken over your hamlets and villages chasing you lot to the SW in droves, you're just a pathetic sets of monkeys who can't handle what you're asking for, last time I checked the only official postion an Igbo man held in was officer in charge of the gutters. You stupid chestbeating talk only brings more pain to you....riddle me tho...why haven't you colonies Kano or south Africa

4 Likes

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheDestroyer:
Hardworking nyamuri immigrants. Why you dey cry now? Yoruba never even start with una grin
Yoruba will start with who
If they can scattter Alaba market or Trade fair then we ll knw they have power.
Meanwhile, have you ever thought why yoruba can't dominate any single market in lagos
U guys re lazy asses.
Broke waywards

2 Likes

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

Meanwhile, have you ever thought why yoruba can't dominate any single market in lagos
U guys re lazy asses.
Broke waywards

Unfortunately because of education, 4x4 shops isn't our MO, we're more interested in finance and tech. We understand that the market of the future is going online, as you'd notice that the platform which you're currently posting this nonsense is owned by a Yoruba man; brag all you want be we're way ahead of you guys by all metrics, the only limiting factor is our liberal nature. Anyways just pay your taxes, that's all that matters.

3 Likes

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by buchilino(m): 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
leisuretym:
You should learn to follow government master plan, so many shanties were destroyed last month and many are still going down, Lagos is not a place you come and build without approval, it's the same you screaming Lagos is a glorified slum , we thank you for calling our attention to it, and considering the level of insecurity now I think government need to take action, you all saw what happened there weeks ago when hoodlums chased away police men there..

You can not see a well laid out street and start building rubbish which is not in the plan, those are the things you guys did that disfigured festac. Festac used to be a beautiful place but not anymore

SO IN TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING, WE START BEHAVING LIKE DEVILS
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by totit: 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

U guys are lazy asses.
Broke waywards

So, buying and selling both counterfeits and a few original imported products, or dominance of some market is your yardstick to determine who's lazy and who's hardworking?

God forbid I consume the kind of food you people from that side of the country eats.

Something is also definitely wrong with the kind of water you drink from that region too. This can not be an ordinary condition. Never! cheesy
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by totit: 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

Unfortunately because of education, 4x4 shops isn't our MO, we're more interested in finance and tech. We understand that the market of the future is going online. Anyways just pay your taxes, that's all that matters.

Something is wrong with the kind of food, water those people consume.

Mehn, a supposed educated person( which I am beginning to doubt now) believes people are lazy because they choose not to go into a business women are mostly known for; buying and selling? grin

I give up cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
totit:

So, buying and selling both counterfeits and a few original produces, or dominance of some market is your yardstick to determine who's lazy and who's hardworking?

God forbid I consume the kind of food you people from that side of the country eats.

Somebody is also definitely wrong with the kind of water in drink from that region too. This can not be an ordinary condition. Never! cheesy
Lool!
Another yoruba hoodlum spotted!

No ooo! U spot a hardworking person by collecting 100naira frm busus and motorbikes, by waking up and going to ogogoro joints, by selling one lands to 7 different persons..

Mehn yorubas are lazy and useless

2 Likes

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

Unfortunately because of education, 4x4 shops isn't our MO, we're more interested in finance and tech. We understand that the market of the future is going online, as you'd notice that the platform which you're currently posting this nonsense is owned by a Yoruba man; brag all you want be we're way ahead of you guys by all metrics, the only limiting factor is our liberal nature. Anyways just pay your taxes, that's all that matters.
Lool!
Is it wasiu or hakeem that can go into tech and finance
Tech and finance is dominated by nobody as far as naija is concern.
U guys re hoodlums and miscreants.
Wayward bastards

2 Likes

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
bigcasava1:
My people is time we find our way home. Sell ur property outside and come back home and invest. This madness will continue and expand to other states cos they see us as threat, we are hated by all tribes in Nigeria. We urge our leaders in southeast to help us creat more conducive environment to enable our business brothers come back home.

yes, they shud learn from the Hausa's and Yoruba's, they never build outside their states of origin.

But the Igbo amakas are like the Israelites, they get favor in strange lands not their home origins.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2020
leisuretym:
You should learn to follow government master plan, so many shanties were destroyed last month and many are still going down, Lagos is not a place you come and build without approval, it's the same you screaming Lagos is a glorified slum , we thank you for calling our attention to it, and considering the level of insecurity now I think government need to take action, you all saw what happened there weeks ago when hoodlums chased away police men there..

You can not see a well laid out street and start building rubbish which is not in the plan, those are the things you guys did that disfigured festac. Festac used to be a beautiful place but not anymore

Comment with some sense. Festac is home tithe FHA known as federal housing authority and there is absolutely no construction that goes on in festac without FHA approval.

They surely approved those buildings because they have been constructed for close to 20yrs now.

Probably a new administration took over there and decided to do this based on either personal interest or felt the plans and approvals were not proper

2 Likes

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by totit: 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

Lool!
Another yoruba hoodlum spotted!

No ooo! U spot a hardworking person by collecting 100naira frm busus and motorbikes, by waking up and going to ogogoro joints, by selling one lands to 7 different persons..

Mehn yorubas are lazy and useless

He's even defending his display of lack of education? Jeeezz!!

Mehn yoruba are lazy? Just like that? grin Do you realised there are plenty owodas and same ogogoto joints in SE too?

Well, I guess if all of the above can be found in alaigbo I can confident say as well ' Mehn, Ibos are lazy, right?

grin

Look at this Nyamuri dondo Doya sef!

Imao cheesy

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by zoedew: 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2020
JoeEeL:
This is too bad. When will indiscriminate destruction of properties by the govt ever stop?

Are there not lawyers who can sue the government for this continuous wanton ruins?

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio!
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
totit:

Something is wrong with the kind of food, water those people consume.

Mehn, a supposed educated person( which I am beginning to doubt now) believes people are lazy because they choose not to go into a business women are mostly known for; buying and selling? grin

I give up cheesy

The environment and parental unbringing of an individual has alot to do with their belief system; unfortunately a lost war, a vindictive bitter nature and a "pull him down to rise" and victim mentality followed by a blind lust for money and pride is the limitation of the Igbo man, except for a few raised in the south west or abroad who are even fearful of going to their villages. What's happening is a clash of value and tribal systems and no matter how we sing one nigeria the plot remains a ticking time bomb.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

Lool!
Is it wasiu or hakeem that can go into tech and finance
Tech and finance is dominated by nobody as far as naija is concern.
U guys re hoodlums and miscreants.
Wayward bastards

grin grin don't worry we're working on ways to digitize wasiu and Hakeem. Soon owo mi da will go online.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2020
totit:

He's even defending his display of lack of education? Jeeezz!!

Mehn yoruba are lazy? Just like that? grin Do you realised there are plenty owodas and same ogogoto joints in SE too?

Well, I guess if all of the above can be found in alaigbo I can confident say as well ' Mehn, Ibos are lazy, right?

grin

Look at this Nyamuri dondo Doya sef!

Imao cheesy
Big lie mehn!
SE has lots of beer parlours and hotels.
Waywards!
Hausa slaves.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by chinchonglee(m): 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

grin grin don't worry we're working on ways to digitize wasiu and Hakeem. Soon owo mi da will go online.
Lool... How will hakeem and wasiu learn basic tech?
Weed and dry gin won't let dem bro.
Dnt waste resource trying to make useless hoodlums relevant.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by MICHEALADEX(m): 3:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
There must be looses for the owners and gains for the scavengers
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by totit: 3:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

Big lie mehn!
SE has lots of beer parlours and hotels.
Waywards!
Hausa slaves.

Chukwudi! Must I bombard this thread with facts before you control your temper and frustration?

Hey! Stop already.

And by the way, people are not called ' lazy ' because you, somebody or some group of villagers under a tree in alaigbo says so, you prove it with fact! Ok, facts! Facts, ok? grin
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by totit: 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

The environment and parental unbringing of an individual has alot to do with their belief system; unfortunately a lost war, a vindictive bitter nature and a "pull him down to rise" and victim mentality followed by a blind lust for money and pride is the limitation of the Igbo man, except for a few raised in the south west or abroad who are even fearful of going to their villages. What's happening is a clash of value and tribal systems and no matter how we sing one nigeria the plot remains a ticking time bomb.

Jokes apart. Abeg doesn't laugh. There got to be more to this issue at hand, how can somebody, a grown-up reason in such a manner for earth's sake? grin cheesy wink

He says buying and selling make you hard-working but not doing so makes you a lazy person? Is that normal? shocked

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by emonis88: 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

Yes, just as a man man from imo or oyo cannot go to Enugu to claim indiginous ownership and vice versa it can only be achieved by conquest and not migration.. a yoruba man from Benin republic has more rights in Oyo state than someone from abia, Nigeria is an artificial construct.
Then go to Asu rock n prove this u theory so we can go our different ways. cus what u r saying in effect is dat Nigeria is a joke. Or another option u can leave dis Nigeria u dont believe in n go to benin republic , n claim to be an indigine , I think they il quickly accept u.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by codemaniacs: 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2020
zz
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2020
emonis88:

Then go to Asu rock n prove this u theory so we can go our different ways. cus what u r saying in effect is dat Nigeria is a joke. Or another option u can leave dis Nigeria u dont believe in n go to benin republic , n claim to be an indigine , I think they il quickly accept u.

If nigeria breaks up that means few customers for my business and I'd have to bribe the officials at the biafran border grin as for Benin republic, am already an indigine; my girlfriend is yoruba/fon, I've lived and done business there, once in a while visiting the palace at ketou, and if you must know am from oyo and the oyo empire stops at Togo, our only limiting factor is English and French but that will be sorted out soon.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2020
codemaniacs:

this is very wrong, 4x4 is an SME and SMES are heartbeat of any country's economy in providing jobs for its citizens.. so "because of education" is not a good excuse for Yorubas not investing heavily in 4x4...

why can't Yorubas that you claim "understand that the market of the future is going online" have the best of both worlds which means heavy Yoruba investment in 4x4 shops and finance, tech, manufacturing e.t.c.. the more SMES Yorubas own the more employment opportunities Yorubas will get, because non-yoruba owned 4x4 shops will never employ Yoruba people.

grin haha. 4x4 shops are the heartbeat of 3rd world stinkpiles and last time I checked iya Lola that has a shop at my estate isn't Igbo.... grin I give up on you guys
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by leisuretym: 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
Tetehjewels:

Comment with some sense. Festac is home tithe FHA known as federal housing authority and there is absolutely no construction that goes on in festac without FHA approval.

They surely approved those buildings because they have been constructed for close to 20yrs now.

Probably a new administration took over there and decided to do this based on either personal interest or felt the plans and approvals were not proper
You bribed official to relax the rules for you when your paddy was in position.. Was that right? Anyway your paddy is no longer on the seat. Now deal with it or take government to court.

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by codemaniacs: 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

grin haha. 4x4 shops are the heartbeat of 3rd world stinkpiles and last time I checked iya Lola that has a shop at my estate isn't Igbo.... grin I give up on you guys

I used 4x4 shops as an example but small shops, small companies are important job creation avenues for the country they are in. Yorubas needs to outnumber non-yoruba in small businesses located in the SW including meat/beef sellers....
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by leisuretym: 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

U re a foolish person..
U dnt even knw the market they are talking abt. 23rd market is the approved festac market. They wanted to try dis at the popular agboju market not knowing the land now belongs to the almighty Vincent Obianudo aka young shall grow. Baba sued them #10,000,000,000 for trespassing on his land and till today nobody went to his land. ..
He actually bought that land to feed the poor.
You yoruba pple are lazy! U dnt want to work. Poverty will drain you.
the Almighty Obianudo should give you a plot of land then.
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 14, 2020
codemaniacs:

I used 4x4 shops as an example but small shops, small companies are important job creation avenues for the country they are in. Yorubas needs to outnumber non-yoruba in small businesses located in the SW including meat/beef sellers....

It's why we need to digitize and regulate this systems, it how the white people have been able to control their economy from minorities... What's making things like this happen is lack of laws and cosistent enforcement... In most countries you'll need a license to be a meat/beef seller from a local government. Most of these people are only thriving on a system that is broken. Anyways that's going to change soon...am entering politics. The youths must take over from this greedy old set grin
Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by codemaniacs: 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

It's why we need to digitize and regulate this systems, it how the white people have been able to control their economy from minorities... What's making things like this happen is lack of laws and cosistent enforcement... In most countries you'll need a license to be a meat/beef seller from a local government. Most of these people are only thriving on a system that is broken. Anyways that's going to change soon.

if the NW, NC, NE SE, SS systems are broken does not mean the SW system should be broken..
state govts in the SW needs to give start-up capital to Yorubas who want to start small companies, 4x4 shops and other small businesses e.t.c

the SW cannot continue to use louts to collect commissions ( taxes) from businesses while the profits of these businesses are unknown and much larger than the commissions the louts collect... it is more important to own, control and tax small businesses. everything should be formalize in a way that yoruba graduates can see it as businesses graduates can also engage in...

1 Like

Re: Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished by emonis88: 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:

If nigeria breaks up that means few customers for my business and I'd have to bribe the officials at the biafran border grin as for Benin republic, am already an indigine; my girlfriend is yoruba/fon, I've lived and done business there, once in a while visiting the palace at ketou, and if you must know am from oyo and the oyo empire stops at Togo, our only limiting factor is English and French but that will be sorted out soon.
cool then what r u waiting for u can move with ur people into benin , since this contraption Nigeria is bleeped up , that means u get to leave bf it gets worse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Should A Man Build A House First: Village Or Township? / Trying To Rent A Property In Lagos? Read This / Understand Water Borehole Drilling In Nigeria N Important Of Geophysical Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.