Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? (42807 Views)

Never Go Into A Relationship Without Being Stable In Life / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by anochuko01(m): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ednut1(m): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
Financially stable man can go broke and vice versa. At 30 do you still have much options I doubt

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Ishilove: 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Lately, I buy almost everything for him, to support him.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.
I have little money I saved to support my wedding as well, but he have nothing.

Married people in the house please help.
I want to have direction plan for my life coming year.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?
He needs deliverance.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by virago(f): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?

Love doesn't even come top three in what I consider when choosing a partner , finances should be in top 3 , same with friendship ( yes friendship is more important than love cos when the flames of love die friendship keeps the boat sailing ) and stability ( not to be confused with finances ). Values and ideals also rank hihger than love in my opinion. But you know what , its your choice to make.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ebene4nija: 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
The duty of a woman is to assist the man. Unity is better than division. The money you saved to support the wedding and the one he saved can generate more money if both of you can come together and achieve greatness while single it is much better than using savings to marry and remain broke.

If both of you can't achieve greatness while singles. The marriage unity can't work.

In my family you will broke and my brother go give 500k to babe and tell you there is no money that things are hard next you will hear his bitcoin worth 3.5 million stolen. And on top of that he will invite chick from Abuja. If my mother call him he will say he doesn't have.

I and my wife have learnt to survive on our own. I married her when I was rich but now am not but we move

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12807034_appads2_jpeg0ad5a20d8ea9e92dd9988967b7f66ff1

13 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Gabbriell: 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
CsRockefeller:
This is quite dicey. I don't want to act as if your current bf isn't human but what is he doing with you when he knows he's not capable?

For me, he should be the one to pull out of the relationship and let you be, in other words, he is very selfish.

Money is very important in marriage, very important that by the time you enter you'll realise that love isn't a currency that will pay rent, put food on the table and pay your children's school fees.

Use your tongue to count your teeth, don't be naive. By the way, what's all these rubbish talk with "he's the one I love" bla bla bla......., my sister everyone is capable of loving everyone and anyone don't let your heart deceive you.

For me, I can't even date someone when I earn nothing, and I can't even date/marry someone who isn't working. If you want to be the husband as d woman while your bf becomes the wife as d man it's in your court.

Things can change tomorrow for him but hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can even get worse for him.

Oil dey your head

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by smile11s(m): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
Marry whoever makes you happy. Gay or straight it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by PastorFire: 6:29pm On Dec 15, 2020
I know a lady that claimed she will never marry a jobless guy.

3months into the marriage to a banker, the guy was sacked. So, what have you eventually done.

You can't understand or neither predict this life sha

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by cassyrooy(m): 6:29pm On Dec 15, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Rich or poor they still gonna cheat on u, marry the rich/financially stable man cuz it's better to cry in Dubai than your village farm grin
Your psyche has been completely altered to no return.

Everyone is crazy on NL, this's what Feminists and Redpillers have caused.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Eaglesence: 6:29pm On Dec 15, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Rich or poor they still gonna cheat on u, marry the rich/financially stable man cuz it's better to cry in Dubai than your village farm grin

Na wa o, you eeeh. Make i hit gbam for you grin
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by naijadrivablog: 6:30pm On Dec 15, 2020
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Homeboiy: 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2020
Who knows , your attachment in his life now might be the reason for his predicaments.

Women marry who is ready

Things might change for good for him or even get worse
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Muhylonaire007: 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2020
So many misleading advice here...
Lemme just say this, either you choose to marry the broke lover or the financially stable one, it's a two way thing, meaning it's all a gamble
Whichever choice you make, both comes with a positive or a negative side.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:

Well what have I to say,I'm I'm in a similar situation like yours just that my guy huzzle legitimately but payments couldn't come as expected and he is pressing on getting married today tomorrow, life no just balance,I still dey observe sha but will follow my heart next year. Luv is good but a man has to be doing something,very important!!

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by radec: 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ikjosh04:
The key to his prosperity could be unlocked when he get married.

To me, you can marry him, in as much as the man is reasonable and doing everything possible to break his entanglement with poverty.

Btw, no where In the Bible was it written to marry who you love.

The scripture says we should love who we marry.

Love is not feelings or emotions.

Love simply means commitment, passion, pleasure and above all sacrifice!

The distance between dreams and reality is called action and as long as anyone is intentional about their progess in life, the breakthrough will come.

It's also important to note Success in life depends more on who you know than what you know.

This your last statement looks more like a Nigerian thing than globally or should be normally

4 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by HappyCanadian: 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2020
Marrying for love oh! but most Nigerians girls do not love genuinely.. my opinion though

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Saao(m): 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2020
Love is very key in marriage and note money is very important but remember, you can easily get money along the way when there is peace in marriage but you can't get easily get love. Go for love sister, don't listen to those telling you to go for money imagine when the money finishes? Money is a visitor but love isn't. Marriage is a long life journey don't cage your live with money. If God that originated marriage said marriage should be anchor on love, no one can change anything about it.

So go for love, love is everything but money isn't

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by sammirano: 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2020
This is the reason people cheat in marriages. trying to be pragmatic. while it's good. It's good where it stops.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:

Let me ask you a sincere question: the financially stable guy, what happens when his financial advantage goes away as in if he eventually goes broke in the future? What would sustain the marriage? Love is very important cos once money disappears, everything will become sour.

The one you love; is he lazy or just has not made it big yet? If he is lazy and you marry him for love, you may have issues in the marriage when the pressure is all on you, especially with kids in the equation later, but if he is hardworking, he will eventually make it, so I'd advise you go for him but only if he is hardworking and has a solid plan for his life. Ask him questions about his plans for the future and how he hopes to get there... Money doesn't come overnight.

I know someone in your shoes who married a man he loves but the man is lazy and now the pressure on her is so much...

Above all, pray about it cos marriage is a lifetime commitment that eventually determines how the rest of your life will go.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Tilykay(m): 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ikjosh04:
The key to his prosperity could be unlocked when he get married.

To me, you can marry him, in as much as the man is reasonable and doing everything possible to break his entanglement with poverty.

Btw, no where In the Bible was it written to marry who you love.

The scripture says we should love who we marry.

Love is not feelings or emotions.

Love simply means commitment, passion, pleasure and above all sacrifice!

The distance between dreams and reality is called action and as long as anyone is intentional about their progess in life, the breakthrough will come.

It's also important to note Success in life depends more on who you know than what you know.

I beg to differ with the last statement.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by humilitypays(m): 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:

if you don't have plenty money to help him start a viable business to stand...if you don't have enough connection to give him a well paying job....if you don't have citizenship of a western nation like US, UK, Canada, Australia, Denmark, Belgium, Ireland, Norway, etc that will help him get a legal travel permit to a sane country he can get work and start a stable life with you, please don't marry him just for love.

Romantic love is never enough reason to marry anybody. Marriage is more than romantic love and butterfly feelings, there are plenty bills to pay as married couple. So think wisely

4 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by hinere(m): 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2020
The question you should ask yourself is this
1) 10 years from now, will I still love this Man I claim to Love

2) 10 years from now, will the Financially Stable Man STILL BE Financially Stable

If you can answer these questions, you have solved your problem.

Anyways the main thing is for the both of them to be Healthy in the process becos its not good to marry a Man then after one year, you discover he has one kind Chronic Health Issue that the Doctors have said it's incurable. That one na another wahala for you Mrs Wife.

Becos I know what I'm saying. There is a couple I'm treating who got married last year only for the wife to discover the husband has ****. According to him, he contracted it while sleeping with a prostitute when he was still living a reckless life in the world before they married. She is on treatment with our Therapy.

As for second couple, they got married 2 months ago only to discover that the Husband is a Nympho. Sleeps with ANYTHING. Apparently he has transfered a chronic ailment to the wife who apparently has a very Low immune system. I thank God she is improving after our therapeutic treatment.

As a Plant Stem Cell Therapist, I'm just tired undecided

Don't ask me about the 3rd couple. Their case is critical. I no fit talk.

So Aunty, be4 u marry, carry the two men to a Diagnostic Lab and pay for them to run ALL Tests right there in your front. Reduce our work load please.

Having said that if you know anyone suffering from any Health Challenge or that is dying from one sickness, disease or ailment. Tell him or her that their Breakthrough is here. Phytoscience Stem Cell Therapy is here. It's a Regenerative Therapy that reverses every health challenge thereby curing over 200 chronic diseases, sicknesses and ailments. It tackles every health challenge from the CELLULAR LEVEL.

It's a New Face Of Medicine. A Breakthrough in Science.
There have been series of testimonies from people who have used the therapy and are cured today.

Click this thread to watch their testimonies and how it works

https://www.nairaland.com/5930749/real-life-testimonies-how-god

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by WelcomeToBiafra: 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
nitoriolohun:
This is a proof that we still have good ladies. It's very normal to really think about finance in getting married but I will advise you to take it a step further.

According to you no one cares in his family but you guys understand each other perfectly. If I may ask why is he unemployed? Is he looking for a job or wat ? Why not agree with him to learn a skill he can use to sustain himself for a while pending him getting a job or able to establish real big and cut a big cost on the money you have already saved to finance other logistics.

Where is he staying at the moment ? Is he a zealous type? Has he been talking abt his plans and you know the only thing stoping him is money? You know this guy better, you have been with him and you can tell the kind of person he is.

In this life ehn some guys will rise with the help of their woman ( the story of m k o is a good example) same way countless ladies have risen from the help of a man and it shouldn't be a big deal because we are more privileged than ourselves

And again nothing last for ever , do not make a permanent choice because of a temporary situation because with the right support that guy can rise and if you go for a financially stable man today things might go south.

Pray and let God guide you my sister . Shalom !!!

You have spoken well.
Shalom...
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by mattmogan88: 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2020
[s]
CsRockefeller:
This is quite dicey. I don't want to act as if your current bf isn't human but what is he doing with you when he knows he's not capable?

For me, he should be the one to pull out of the relationship and let you be, in other words, he is very selfish.

Money is very important in marriage, very important that by the time you enter you'll realise that love isn't a currency that will pay rent, put food on the table and pay your children's school fees.

Use your tongue to count your teeth, don't be naive. By the way, what's all these rubbish talk with "he's the one I love" bla bla bla......., my sister everyone is capable of loving everyone and anyone don't let your heart deceive you.

For me, I can't even date someone when I earn nothing, and I can't even date/marry someone who isn't working. If you want to be the husband as d woman while your bf becomes the wife as d man it's in your court.

Things can change tomorrow for him but hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can even get worse for him.
[/s]
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by iezeiyida(m): 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2020
If he genuinely love you, forget he no get money for now and marry him if you love him. Forget financially stable men and stick to true love. Most men that are financially stable or rich will break you emotionally and make you unhappy in the marriage.

Most of them wouldn't give a demn about your love and care about them, because they believe you are just pretending to love and care about them because of their money, not because you truly do.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Raalsalghul: 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
The real question is,
Are financially stable men looking for you to marry or to sleep with?
Before you insult me or broke shame me,pleaseknow that I am very very comfortable and as such wouldn't look at a 30year old woman in Nigeria twice for marriage.
The earlier you all understand this the better for you.
Unless you are very lucky but no big man marries women that aren't in their youth no more.
I mean who get that time to dey jump from one fertility clinic to the other or seeing your old skin almost everyday in the name of marrying old woman and worse still upon all my money?
Never!!!Better marry that poor guy and brush him up with your funds,else na 35 year spinster go clear you grin

Logobenz, you wicked sha!

Wetin the Op do you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Divoc19(f): 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2020
Marry for love o.

Have you heard 'The Rich Also Cry'?

The poor today might be rich tomorrow.

The rich today might be poor tomorrow.

Make a history with your poor boyfriend and grow in love, experience and riches.

I believe you are not a lazy girl too, so things will be fine later

5 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by cnonyechi(f): 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2020
I would love to say the financially stable man, but It's true things can change tomorrow, but in the main time, financial stability is good.

I am married to the man I love, but I would have loved financial stability cos I know the stress we have to go thru to meet all the numerous bills. Though God has been faithful oo

Infact follow your heart.

8 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by keneharry: 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
Hathor5:

Fertility clinic at 30? And you think you made sense?

So all 'big men' marry 20+ year old girls and women should retire at 30? How old are you? How about you use your brain a little bit? If the average woman gets to become 70 or even 80 years old, she is old at 30/40 for the rest of her life? grin

Please, face your books instead of typing rubbish on NL.

My dear,his comment is soo wack..Can't believe a sensible chap made this comment

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by humilitypays(m): 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
xProfx:

Let me ask you a sincere question: the financially stable guy, what happens when his financial advantage goes away as in if he eventually goes broke in the future? What would sustain the marriage? Love is very important cos once money disappears, everything will become sour.

The one you love; is he lazy or just has not made it big yet? If he is lazy and you marry him for love, you may have issues in the marriage when the pressure is all on you, especially with kids in the equation later, but if he is hardworking, he will eventually make it, so I'd advise you go for him but only if he is hardworking and has a solid plan for his life. Ask him questions about his plans for the future and how he hopes to get there... Money doesn't come overnight.

I know someone in your shoes who married a man he loves but the man is lazy and now the pressure on her is so much...

Above all, pray about it cos marriage is a lifetime commitment that eventually determines how the rest of your life will go.
you guys should stop all this what if a rich person's money finishes....why must it finish

Almost all the successful people I know, they have been growing more and more financially, so who are those successful people that their money always finish; or is it because Nollywood yeye movies u guys watch

Except the guy got his wealth through scamming people and illegal business deals which does not always have sustainability, I see no reason why somebody who worked to make money would just go broke, except the person dies or fell terribly ill undecided

12 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ndidigood(f): 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
Consider ur age o
I don tuk my own..
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Benoxvals(m): 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
OP I will give you a better advice if you answer these two questions precisely..
1.How much do you think a man should have before you tag him “Financially stable”?
2.If the man you loved have saved up to 3 Million naira,would you have given in to marrying him??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married / Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) / She Went To My Phone, Now She Is Threatening A Divorce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.