Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? (42808 Views)

Never Go Into A Relationship Without Being Stable In Life / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
toye440:
I keep telling ppl marriage no get manual. Some months back we had this debate about getting the right woman in most cases na luck.
Imagine our fathers, they never attended any marriage counseling yet no divorce. On the contrary today we pass through 6months of marriage counselling and yet divorce few yrs down the line.
I wish it works out like a movie script with a happy ending but life is not a nollywood script were u can tell how the end looks like.
From her narration its a no no from me. But we dont know if the guy is industrious and learned, cos some broke guys only need a push and they will light up the whole place.

A broke guy in his 20's i would agree but a broke man in his late 30's already. Hmmmmm. That man is already comfortable in his situation coupled with the fact that he has a money-making machine already. So, why bother?

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by oseman(m): 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
[
I think this is the best advice. I think commentators didn't understand the intent of the writings.
Now the lady is 30 and will soon leave the marriage market. There is a guy who Is not financially strong but the love is there. There are some ladies who Married who they don't love because they are almost off the marriage market. Please marry the guy or else you will search tire. Life is based on hope. Things will improve.
Have you not heard someone who Married a rich guy and he dies within a year.
My dear go ahead and plan with the guy. Life will be fair to you once there is genuine love. God bless

quote author=TransAtlanticEx post=97071759]The real question is,
Are financially stable men looking for you to marry or to sleep with?
Before you insult me or broke shame me,pleaseknow that I am very very comfortable and as such wouldn't look at a 30year old woman in Nigeria twice for marriage.
The earlier you all understand this the better for you.
Unless you are very lucky but no big man marries women that aren't in their youth no more.
I mean who get that time to dey jump from one fertility clinic to the other or seeing your old skin almost everyday in the name of marrying old woman and worse still upon all my money?
Never!!!Better marry that poor guy and brush him up with your funds,else na 35 year spinster go clear you grin[/quote]
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Coolcalmcollect(m): 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Lately, I buy almost everything for him, to support him.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.
I have little money I saved to support my wedding as well, but he have nothing.

Married people in the house please help.
I want to have direction plan for my life coming year.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?
the fact you're asking this silly question only shows you don't love him as much as you claim.... faq u by the way.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
braine:
If a guy/girl is broke at 35, thats a big red flag.

Its not about the money. Money comes and goes. But do you have resources/skills that can bring in cash flow? Is he educated? To what level? Does he have a sellable skill? Does he have work experience that can propel him to get a job?

If the answers to all of these questions are mostly no, my sister, its best you let him be to figure out his life.

As in eh, broke at 35. Infact, this year is gone thzt means broke at 36. Big red flag.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:14pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:
How do I marry him when he has nothing to process the marriage?
sister don't rush him,ask him about his efforts getting a job or stable income..forget about age,if you truly love him.bring different ideas on how to make money and picked the best... I always appreciate a woman,who stay with man during hard time...

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by tallerSSS: 9:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
Me I have just told my girlfriend to get married to whosever she chooses o . This life no balance again.. money slow to enter and age no de wait.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
JovialJune:
Love is sweet, no doubt, but love with your head not your heart cos love is not enough and the only thing needed in marriage

If you decide to sponsor your wedding and continue giving him, trust me, when he eventually has a job and become stable, he won't still provide, he will continue to be dependent on your money for the family, we have so many of them in the society right now, let him go,

Look for a financially comfortable man, be friends with him, then marry, love will grow in the marriage.

I didn't marry the man I love, I married my friend, and I have no regrets whatsoever.
...That advice's is too harsh sister..what about tomorrow..
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Roseey0(f): 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
Mummymahdi:
Financial stability doesn't guarantee peaceful marriage, if ii were u I will see is this my love having good view just that no money? This is my 21yrs in marriage I choose love over rich guy then and till date that love bond us back whenever there s rift, though am sure am just lucky my man does t drink, keep or hangout with friends nor womanize publicly. Love is the key t o long lasting union especially if u are independent or working class. Think well don't pay much attention to material things nor others view. Pray about it and follow ur mind. May God guide u
He pays the basic family bills . Atleast he did wedding with his money not yours.
Thats why you chose him. Leave this your love talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by vickydevoka(m): 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?
Every family in 9ja is like dat everybody de face en own wahala. My brother have four houses buh I'm swatting in Abuja. Wen I finally make it o can also do wat ever I want

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2020
Olaideolayemi:
...Sister that your comment is not good enough.. Things can change tomorrow... Money is not everything...

Na so. Poverty love is also not everything.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by tallerSSS: 9:19pm On Dec 15, 2020
Lucyspa:

As in eh, broke at 35. Infact, this year is gone thzt means broke at 36. Big red flag.
I dey feel say that man dey lazy.. he lacks ideas how to make things better for himself, all him Sabi na love and woman Yash. Babe see ehn! No give am that thing for like 3month, just watch as him go start to hustle like tomorrow no de

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by vickydevoka(m): 9:19pm On Dec 15, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
OP. DO U THINK THE CURRENTLY POOR MAN CANT MAKE IT? AND DO U THINK THE CURRENTLY RICH MAN CANT GO BROKE? If the poor guy CAN take care of family \u and him/ basic needs marry him. MOST GALS HERE NO GET LIFE AND TOO MANY BOY KIDS HERE. ignore s0me idiotic c0mments
Loooooool.

True true most people for nairaland no get life. Na jobless people like use ful here
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by oseman(m): 9:21pm On Dec 15, 2020
[
I think this is the best advice. I think commentators didn't understand the intent of the writings.
Now the lady is 30 and will soon leave the marriage market. There is a guy who Is not financially strong but the love is there. There are some ladies who Married who they don't love because they are almost off the marriage market. Please marry the guy or else you will search tire. Life is based on hope. Things will improve.
Have you not heard someone who Married a rich guy and he dies within a year.
My dear go ahead and plan with the guy. Life will be fair to you once there is genuine love. God bless

Are financially stable men looking for you to marry or to sleep with?
Before you insult me or broke shame me,pleaseknow that I am very very comfortable and as such wouldn't look at a 30year old woman in Nigeria twice for marriage.
The earlier you all understand this the better for you.
Unless you are very lucky but no big man marries women that aren't in their youth no more.
I mean who get that time to dey jump from one fertility clinic to the other or seeing your old skin almost everyday in the name of marrying old woman and worse still upon all my money?
Never!!!Better marry that poor guy and brush him up with your funds,else na 35 year spinster go clear you grin[/
quote][/color][color=#006600]
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 9:21pm On Dec 15, 2020
tallerSSS:
I dey feel say that man dey lazy.. he lacks ideas how to make things better for himself, all him Sabi na love and woman Yash. Babe see ehn! No give am that thing for like 3month, just watch as him go start to hustle like tomorrow no de

At almost 40 no plan. Still carrying OND result around not even BSc. Hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Aleora(f): 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
Loyalty that hasn’t tested money,FEAR IT...Goodluck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by At10tion: 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
engrMikemd:

prove it. I doubt if this can be a coincidence cos that is exactly my situation with every parameter you put up there. Are u based in Oshogbo?
cos I don't believe you. perhaps you posted this story on behalf of somebody.
hahaha! Unmh, are you the jobless 35 year old guy! guy you need to man up grin
See how your fiancee con scatter you for here lolz!

Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by authority2006(m): 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2020
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
Op..please look at the future... Around 2010 am a broke man,without even any ideas to make income... I only depend on mother...Around 2015 things change..I started making cool cash,even thus I have my dream,immediately cash is coming investment straight, today am living comfortable.. Money is not coming like before but,what I achieved in past is helping me and build confidence for better future..So woman want to date me..they I am broke...Please think about future,even thus you won't marry each other let God decide not you,because you don't know tomorrow.. The person who do not have today may have tomorrow.. Think twice.. Best of luck sister...

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2020
Op..please look at the future... Around 2010 am a broke man,without even any ideas to make income... I only depend on mother...Around 2015 things change..I started making cool cash,even thus I have my dream,immediately cash is coming investment straight, today am living comfortable.. Money is not coming like before but,what I achieved in past is helping me and build confidence for better future..No woman want to date me..they I am broke...Please think about future,even thus you won't marry each other let God decide not you,because you don't know tomorrow.. The person who do not have today may have tomorrow.. Think twice.. Best of luck sister...
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Frenzy01(m): 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2020
Aunty, age is no longer on either of you side.

But you cannot put aside the power of money.
Money answereth all things
A broke man is incapable of loving.
That thing called love will eventually evaporate if not well taken care of with money.
What is that man doing right now, I don't believe a 35 yrs old man will be totally jobless.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by toye440: 9:36pm On Dec 15, 2020
Lucyspa:

A broke guy in his 20's i would agree but a broke man in his late 30's already. Hmmmmm. That man is already comfortable in his situation coupled with the fact that he has a money-making machine already. So, why bother?
Am telling u he's just going to stay relaxed, but its a thing line btw love and hate.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by misterniyi: 9:36pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:

Your Aunty is actually right to call you stu.pid

Na by force to marry?
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by MiQui: 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2020
The Business Hub is an enterprenual and business team of " 10 CONTENT WRITERS " working onboard a project to establish a chain of business ventures through a working from home-styled participation.

We seek more individuals to take up positions on our team and like you to consider participation.

We are looking for interested and willing persons to be a part of this team.

Your roles will be to write articles & produce a variety of them

You'll be trained to meet up with the necessary roles that's required of you.

You'll learn new insights, skills & ideas that will prove inestimable to you even after this project.

Remuneration is 1 Million Naira payable at the end of the engagement.

If you like to participate, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature

Thanks for reading...
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by bigcasava1(m): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2020
The both is the expression of love. If you don't love the person you can love his or her money.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by kelz2205: 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:

Wat if na ur spirit dey hinder him success?
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2020
frank950:

so what would a woman be doing?

May be you didn't read her write up,she has been providing everything,a man ought to be doing something before getting married, anything at all not staying idle without contributing anything,it's not healthy at all in marriage
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by kelz2205: 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:

1. Wat if na ur spirit dey hinder him success?
2. Are U financially successful?
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by misterniyi: 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2020
Lucyspa:

This is a rather selfish statement.

You have completely judged the poor man

I did not have money when I was 35. So imagine someone had judged me then.......without knowing about today.

I also know people who had money at 35 and are now broke as broke.......that one too nko?

LIfe is as it comes. You are broke....keep striving......you are rich.......dupe tie and stop judging someone who is trying to be
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by obowunmi(m): 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2020
luminouz:

Nor does it guarantee ya happiness in marriage.

Happiness is a scam. ��

Money buys happiness.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by misterniyi: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2020
obowunmi:

Happiness is a scam. ��

Money buys happiness.

Tah

Happiness cannot be bought

Happiness is a choice

If you cant be happy when you are broke.......even when money comes you will still find reasons to be unhappy

You think Im lying......go and ask Otedola
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by luminouz(m): 9:45pm On Dec 15, 2020
obowunmi:

Happiness is a scam. ��

Money buys happiness.

Money buys comfort...big difference.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by braine(m): 9:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Lucyspa:

Being broke is relative tho. Some may be as a result of job loss or some temporary situations. SO you cant write off all broke people.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married / Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) / She Went To My Phone, Now She Is Threatening A Divorce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.