Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? (38011 Views)

I Crush On My Colleague: Should I Let Her Know Or Should I Keep This To Myself? / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships / Ladies Do You Step In Or Let Him Handle It Himself? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Roseey0(f): 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2020
Lucyspa:

Most times, the guys leave them e.g it happened to my roommate. She cried tire. After praising her independent and hustling spirit. embarassed

He must be very young and still isn't planning his future.
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by endsarrrs(f): 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2020
Na una dey give dog bad name abi? angry okay o
Lucyspa:

Babe, u re a girl, so u have inner instincts that speak to you in times of troubles. The main reason you even came here to talk about this issue is because it is bothering you already and that is not a good sign. A man who loves will willingly do things for you without you having to ask. I don't think that man loves you to be honest. I've been in this sort of situation before and it didn't take long before i broke up with him. That relationship made me unhappy and constantly tired. Infact, before i broke up with him, i started dating this guy that spoilt me silly and i became happy. The greatest need of an average Nigerian guy in a relationship is SEX while that of a woman is constant care and money. If you constantly give a man sex while he doesn't give u care and money, u will be unhappy like u are now. U can talk to him and see his reply. If he doesn't give you a reasonable reply, prepare ur mind for a breakup
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by odehsun: 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2020
Danyyyyyyyyyyy:
So we've been together for some months, almost a year now and well my current financial state is making me have doubts about our relationship, he's also not stable according to him but a lot of times I doubt that even if he was he probably won't tell me, or he'll leave me to do it all.

I don't demand anything from him, he's not my dad, I loved him so I always try to act like a grown woman even when I need help, but after losing sooooo much money in a scam I'm so broke that I barely have money to eat. He knows this but he didn't do anything to help, that's how I've been living like I'm single. I do every thing for myself but it's not been easy.

Do you think it's okay to let him go and focus on me? Because I really don't understand his role in my life anymore, or should I try to wait while working and see if he's different in the future?

Read my lips. Relationship is not parasitic but symbiotic. Love should be give and take. You can't be giving always and no receiving. Let him understand you are broke and support or probably you have been forming Hero all these while. He might be a good guy but your super Hero will not allow him reciprocate.
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by cpu2006(m): 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2020
if you let him go, who will be servicing you? is not good for your health to be having sex with plenty guys, just stay with him your future will be bright. cool cool cool
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Isokoboy(m): 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2020
Danyyyyyyyyyyy:
So we've been together for some months, almost a year now and well my current financial state is making me have doubts about our relationship, he's also not stable according to him but a lot of times I doubt that even if he was he probably won't tell me, or he'll leave me to do it all.

I don't demand anything from him, he's not my dad, I loved him so I always try to act like a grown woman even when I need help, but after losing sooooo much money in a scam I'm so broke that I barely have money to eat. He knows this but he didn't do anything to help, that's how I've been living like I'm single. I do every thing for myself but it's not been easy.

Do you think it's okay to let him go and focus on me? Because I really don't understand his role in my life anymore, or should I try to wait while working and see if he's different in the future?

Did u ask nd he did not help....
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Biingoo: 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2020
Nnemuka:
If he cannot be of help to you, pls leave him.
mechionu!!
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Lucyspa: 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2020
Roseey0:

He must be very young and still isn't planning his future.

A doctor.
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2020
Dump him without looking back.
That's how he'll continue when you guys get married.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2020
Kingzeez10:

Ndi ala to you too. Didn't you see the thread where they're advising a lady to leave his boyfriend because he's not financially stable
Lmao grin grin grin
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by afroxyz: 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2020
Zzor:
As you were forming independent he got used to not helping you, move on he does not cherish you
But you would jump on other threads and be forming independent woman and feminist. Yet see the advise you are dishing out. Las las y'all are just broke ass pigeons without substance

2 Likes

Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by JustCruise(m): 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2020
I personally think that communication is essential to every relationship, you guys should have a heart to heart talk first, then from there you decide.
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by 4ckyou: 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2020
cosmos2000:

Yeah you just said the answer yourself....Focus yourself, how you can regain your financial stability...that guy is not a real nigga...forget him with his money and pray to God to give you your financial freedom back...there is not more sweeter than having your money yourself

Guy relax and calm down, I believe you read the part where she mentioned that her guy is broke too.
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Luak(m): 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2020
Danyyyyyyyyyyy:

I do have feelings for him, but sometimes you feel its one sided, I'll talk to him and find out if he's sincere about everything, if he is I don't mind staying and working together
. While talking to him, it's important you bear in mind that an average Nigerian man will not be happy you lost such money to a fellow guy. He will find it difficult to sincerely sympathize with you. What is important is having eyes for a focused and responsible man who is willing and ready to provide for a family whether you are buoyant or not
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Ollyb10: 4:38pm On Dec 18, 2020
Roseey0:
One complain most independent women have.

My dear, just start asking.
You have babied him into thinking you can handle it all. It's time to speak up. How he handles it when you speak up is what will determine the next action you will take.

I have been in this kinda situation and I took the walk away route because I couldnt bring myself to ask. I just felt he should know without me saying anything. But he insisted I could have just spoken to him about It, instead of walking away. We all learn everyday. We got back together. It's been 6yrs friendship and 4yrs in marriage and I don't lack anything except the things I don't ask for.

Learn to speak up just like I did. Forget all these "he is not my father talk" .He is your friend. Share your financial issues just as you would share with a friend. Simple
I'm in this situation, planning to break up tho, but I wouldn't do that again, will talk to him first as u'v said. Thanks so much, Op doesn't know she has helped people like me also with this thread.
I just pray I develop that courage to speak cos I'm exactly like u described urself. But I'l try, God will continue to bless ur home.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Ryan03(f): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2020
GofuckYourself:
[s][/s]

You are a leech
A shameless on at that

Is his role to be your financier ?

Rubbish
It's ladies like you that made us loose respect for women

So he doesn't give you advise ?

Keep you company?

He doesn't listen to your rubbish explanations?

He is more than you deserve

Shameless opportunist

Poverty has ruined your sense

Thief .. carry gun na
I pity any man dumb enough to date you

You are the epitome of a gold digger a liability a two penny trick

You don't understand his role in your Life?

All the times you where sad he cheered you up nko?

Kai this shows you are very very low level
Go online and read what a relationship is ..it doesn't state anywhere ehe takes care of your bills you ingnorant grasshopper

Better go back to your village and look for who will send you to hairdressing school

I blame him for reaching so low to take a partner

lol, this one is clearly a pained, retired wannabe feminist. Why sound so bitter? Did she eat your children?
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Ryan03(f): 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2020
Kondomatic:
But he also does everything for himself.

With no support from you.

In fact, you guys are compatible and must marry
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by duality(m): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2020
frugal:

Where's the gold? They're both broke.

But what's the point of relationship if you can't help each other when in need?

Some people are always in need.

Some persons are not financially disciplined.

Relationship these days, is just unnecessary expenses.

You may almost gather money to buy land or car, one lady go carry her wahala come, all in the name of relationship.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Nnemuka(f): 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2020
chinchonglee:

U re single... I saw ur past topics...
Go nd marry
Lol
You need a job...
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Nnemuka(f): 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2020
Biingoo:
mechionu!!
You again!!
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by HelpYourself(m): 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2020
Ryan03:
lol, this one is clearly a pained, retired wannabe feminist. Why sound so bitter? Did she eat your children?

Nah she can't eat what she can't have grin
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by chinchonglee(m): 4:54pm On Dec 18, 2020
Nnemuka:

Lol
You need a job...
Gainfully employed ma.
Shiloh 2020 has passed..
You'll definitely be at shiloh 2026 with a wrinkled face praying to get a husband even if it's shatta bundle. Bad man killer grin

2 Likes

Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 18, 2020
Mutual support is the ideal dream goal of a relationship but then time reveals that seasons do change and storms do come. Can you stand the rain ?

I met the person I love not having a dime...not even to buy food at an event...

Today I have enough to take care of my needs occasionally help out when he asks. Since he’s not my husband I don’t burden him with my needs I pick up old but valued electronics i no longer use and sell them for whatever pressing issue I have. Make my music and sell my clothing.

I sometimes think like you do so I don’t blame you nobody wants to invest in someone who won’t return the favor but I can tell you if you don’t take the leap of faith for someone you’ll fall for anyone.

My love has returned the favor many times he is worth it so ask yourself if he’s worth it to you. Not everyone can answer that for you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by duality(m): 4:55pm On Dec 18, 2020
kaywhy09:
Why should man's role be mostly measured by his ability to support financially?

Society has not really been fair to some in this regard.

Back to your question, you can (will) leave, and get someone who can support you financially.

But aside financial support, there'll still be more needs.

Will you look for another to support your other needs when your financial needs are settled?

Like they say:

People love men when they can supply and disregarded when they can no longer make supplies.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2020
kenzysmith:
I kW u not beautiful if u re u won't come here and seek for advice u will simply move to d next available toaster I pity ugly girls a lot they always suffere in relationship sister no vex o but that d fact
Wickedness grin grin
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Nnemuka(f): 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2020
chinchonglee:

Gainfully employed ma.
Shiloh 2020 has passed..
You'll definitely be at shiloh 2026 with a wrinkled face praying to get a husband even if it's shatta bundle. Bad man killer grin
Lol...
Gainfully employed on nairaland grin grin grin
Single and frustrated
Abeg shift

No wonder you are on every thread talking about broke boyfriends...
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by aoofbeautifulme(f): 4:58pm On Dec 18, 2020
Hmmmm
Though I am a lady too but honestly pitch your tent elsewhere
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by anthony533(m): 4:58pm On Dec 18, 2020
Nonexistent1:
You said he is not financially stable but here you are doubting his role in your life because he didn't give you money. You see why I call Nigerian girls parasites. The bobo is probably drinking garri and struggling but you are here saying nonsense. I pity men that fall in nonsense love these days.
I wish I can like this post over again.
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Muslimsworldng: 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2020
frozen70:

If there is love existing between both of you then keep watching him

If you know that you are not having any feelings

Just go your ways

He couldn't give you any financial help because am sure he doesn't have either
everything is not love, sometime logic is needed in relationship.

1 Like

Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Donpenny(m): 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
The street na electricity it can shock anybody. Lol

1 Like

Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by Muslimsworldng: 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
Danyyyyyyyyyyy:

I do have feelings for him, but sometimes you feel its one sided, I'll talk to him and find out if he's sincere about everything, if he is I don't mind staying and working together
You know him better than us, if you sense he is saying the truth then stay but if not dont let you emotions push you to where you dont want.
Re: Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? by selfmadeOLX(m): 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
Danyyyyyyyyyyy:

For your information I contribute more to my relationship than my partner , I said I want to work on myself ciz I'm not yet stable , is that what you call poverty mentality? So its wrong that my partner lends a hand when I fall , do you really have to expose yourself ?

Did you ask for his assistance then he outrightly refused to help you out
OR
Did you assume he wasn’t sensitive enough to know you were in need

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

9 Ways Guys With Low Self Esteem Show Desperation When Trying 2 Get a Girlfriend / 10 Things Some Nigerian Ladies Are Doing To Get Married- By Danceville / We Took An Oath And I Found Out She Is Possessed

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.