Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) (107011 Views)

Wearing Of Butt Pads By Ladies (pictures) / When You See A Woman With Waist Beads, What Usually Comes To Your Mind? Be Hones / Ladies, Why Do You Wear Waist Beads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by soojar(m): 11:22pm On Feb 27, 2021
Yungstallion:
Have you ever wondered about the history of the origin of beads? Their origin is traced back to the African community, especially those with kingdoms like Nigeria and Ghana where women in the royal families wore them and people would use the different patterns, sizes, quality and length to differentiate their status.

Having said that, these are some reasons why women may want to put on beads. Here are some of the reasons.

1 Fashion, Fashion is what every woman desires to have in their life. A fashionable woman is a darling to everyone.

2 Weight watch, Majority of women would use the beads to watch if they are gaining weight or they are loosing it.

3) Cultural Heritage.
Some communities among the Indians value this type of beauty and they always keep it as a value addition.

Common in East Africa and West African country of Ghana
On the average, 80% of Ghananian ladies put on beads
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jyde89: 11:23pm On Feb 27, 2021
Jashub:
We have gained nothing from African history bros. Rather, it has put us in a place generational bondage.

you mean the western miseducation has done that?
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Patosky4U: 11:23pm On Feb 27, 2021
Sundrus:
I no know why i no like this waist bead & leg chain. E dey turn me off.

Reverse is the case for me. Any woman without waist bead turn me off. Future wife pls always wear it
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 11:24pm On Feb 27, 2021
Jyde89:

you mean the western miseducation has done that?
Religion did that.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by soojar(m): 11:26pm On Feb 27, 2021
noble2faith:

My kind of guy. Ur head dey there.

i don experience am one time like that. I was so Hot and my dick was ready for duty. As soon as I saw that thing on her waist, my dick went flaccid with immediate alacrity. She knew what really happened. She took off that thing, yet I was afraid to go into her.

Its just the environment you found yourself, If you grew up in a place like Ghana where it is not normal for a lady not to wear bead I guess you will become a reverend father
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jyde89: 11:27pm On Feb 27, 2021
Jashub:
Religion did that.
who brought religion?
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 11:28pm On Feb 27, 2021
Jyde89:

who brought religion?
That is a question you should be asking google not me. And please do not say the "west" undecided
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Logic007: 11:32pm On Feb 27, 2021
Jashub:
So what do you gain by not wearing such? That is the fundamental question you are yet to answer

I asked you why wearing waist beads is unruly twice and you didnt answer.

Pleas, answer.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 11:32pm On Feb 27, 2021
Jashub:
Why should a professing Christian wear waist beads in the first place...? Does that edify Jesus in anyway at all...? Oya answer me

But they can wear earrings, necklaces, bracelets?

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 11:33pm On Feb 27, 2021
Logic007:

I asked you why wearing waist beads is unruly twice and you didnt answer.

Pleas, answer.
So it has boiled down to answering questions with questions abi? Tor...no wahala sha. Make I leave you since you are not ready to answer
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 11:34pm On Feb 27, 2021
1Sharon:

But they can wear earrings, necklaces, bracelets?
The question is not in the wearing ; it is in the edification of God in the life of that wearer. So back to my question.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Logic007: 11:35pm On Feb 27, 2021
Jashub:
So it has boiled down to answering questions with questions abi? Tor...no wahala sha. Make I leave you since you are not ready to answer

See this one. You have embarrassed yourself with your lack of reasoning skills.

Dont let religion cloud your brain!

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by BadBradley: 11:35pm On Feb 27, 2021
Kobicove:
It's worn majorly as an accessory by ladies, it has nothing to do with voodoo undecided
mumu and olodo when think say he be 21st century complaint.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Logic007: 11:35pm On Feb 27, 2021
peppermint7:

Why you de stress your self with this empty headed slowpoke

He needs to learn
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by ArticleBeast: 11:36pm On Feb 27, 2021
Mcslize:

Is it everyone that wears waist beads or leg chains wear it for fashion. Some are fortified spiritually. Runs girls have abused its rightful purpose.
But even rings, neck chains and all can be used for spiritual stuff.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by tolajay: 11:36pm On Feb 27, 2021
Is wearing a wristwatch immoral?

Is wearing a necklace immoral?

Is wearing a ring immoral?

Is wearing a waist bead immoral?

If you answer NO to the first three questions but answer YES to the fourth, then you're a hypocrite.

And I think your only concern with waistband is the location of the body it's adoring, which is a problem of your immoral instincts.

Jashub:
They all fall under the category of lawlessness and immorality. So tell me, why should a person professing the name of Jesus, put such on?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by FKMagazine(m): 11:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
cefezyA:
u no add juju the one gotten from baba

Juju (charm) is number 4
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 11:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
tolajay:
Is wearing a wristwatch immoral?

Is wearing a necklace immoral?

Is wearing a ring immoral?

Is wearing a waist bead immoral?

If you answer NO to the first three questions but answer YES to the fourth, then you're a hypocrite.

And I think your only concern with waistband is the location of the body it's adoring, which is a problem of your immoral instincts.

You did not answer my question. Kindly answer before we proceed.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by tolajay: 11:40pm On Feb 27, 2021
I bet you didn't read it.

You've only avoided the logical questions I asked to justify your position that it's ungodly to wear waistband.

Well, to answer your question. You lose the same thing you lose when you forget to wear your wristwatch while going out.

Jashub:
This is a lenghty writeup. But I will ask you a simple question : What does lose by not wearing such in the first place?
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by tolajay: 11:41pm On Feb 27, 2021
Yeye! I've answered you.

But you haven't answered any of mine.

Jashub:
You did not answer my question. Kindly answer before we proceed.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Logic007: 11:41pm On Feb 27, 2021
Jashub:
Do not let foolishness overide you sanity oga. You kept answering questions with questions and you expect me to exchange reasoning with you? Haba bros... I am not that stupid na undecided

Lmao.

I made clear statements
1. Jesus never complained about waist beads
2. The bible never complained about waistbeads
3. Christianity and islam should have no say in Nigerian cultural dressing (we are not Arabs/Jews)

Keep dodging sense

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Jashub: 11:42pm On Feb 27, 2021
tolajay:
Yeye! I've answered you.

But you haven't answered any of mine.

Where is the answer? Post it here. And if it is in a question format, then you are fool.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Lleigh(f): 11:44pm On Feb 27, 2021
We are steadily losing our culture and heritage. Waist beads in the past were normal in our African culture. All of a sudden we think it's fetish and strange. But if a Hollywood celebrity wears it there will be a sudden renaissance of African beads. We are slowly losing our heritage the more westernised we become. We are letting their version of what is normal be our yard stick. Look how long it took us women to re embrace our true natural hair. Western companies have lost billions in the decrease in the sale of relaxers. What did they do they jumped on to the natural movement?
We need to take back our own stuff warts and all.
When the west starts selling our own waist beads culture to their people and spin it that it makes you feminine, then we start complaining they took our stuff.
Waist beads is ours let's appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by TheRedpillguy: 11:46pm On Feb 27, 2021
Sundrus:

It's a sigh that she belongs to the streets.
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by Bikonze(m): 11:46pm On Feb 27, 2021
Me like that first pic. Waist bead.
Sundrus:
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by tolajay: 11:47pm On Feb 27, 2021
Oops!

I'm a fool because of your inability to read and comprehend?

Wait, ain't you the one saying Christians should wear waistband, yet, you just called me a fool.

This your brand of Christianity hot ooo.

Your own Jesus didn't tell you if you called someone a fool you're in the danger of hell?

Okay, it's case closed. I see you're just practicing religion, at best, prescriptive Christianity.

Jashub:
Where is the answer? Post it here. And if it is in a question format, then you are fool.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by chumzyprech: 11:51pm On Feb 27, 2021
Most of you are saying that you don’t like waiste need as if girl when wear waist need open for Una Una no go do..
Re: The Truth Behind Wearing Of Waist Beads By Women (Photos) by onomeabuja: 11:51pm On Feb 27, 2021
paulolee:
its nice...almost all the girls av dated do like wearing them, I have no problem with it and I appreciate it..
also bcoz I love d noise they do make especially when am attacking from d back..
no wonder u still de NairalAnD grin d girls don use ur destiny play " enter d dragon" part 2 grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Do I Use To Achieve A Smooth And Spotless Face / How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected / Girls Blasted For Exposing Cleavage In Hijab [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.