Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,562 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America (98545 Views)

Man Shoots His Wife Dead In Nkporo, Abia. Youths Set Him Ablaze (graphic Photos) / John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja / Police Officer Shoots His Wife Dead In Ikoyi Prison Barracks, Kills Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Plut01: 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2020

Another one

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Plut01: 1:46pm On Dec 20, 2020
GayPontiff:
This is becoming a norm in The US.
That society is just not for thorough bred Africans.
The men who turn themselves in after killing their spouse don't even show any remorse. Only God knows how unbearable what happened that made this man want to kill his family n off himself too.

You can be thrown outta your house for just raising ur voice at your wife.
Our women embrace this new found independence that makes the man seem incapable of playing the role he has always known.

Most cases, these men sacrifice everything to bring their women over and still lose it all.
Not siding these men or encouraging they go on killing rampage, but the death tolls r increasing and these women need to slow down a bit.

My drunkard uncle lost custody of his kids many years ago, he doesn't drink anymore, moved on and remarried..but just like that he can't even go close to his kids anymore. First wife stripped him of everything and is even sleeping around with younger boys. Aunty never contributed to his wealth by the way. She was also brought to come and study and from there she got married to my uncle.

I sympathise with your bro.

I still believe no woman can try such with me and live. Not even her family down in Nigeria will survive it.

I worked my ass off to make things work, you now want to claim everything that I worked for just because you found yourself in a feminine biased society.

Dem no born the lady

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
GayPontiff:
The men who turn themselves in after killing their spouse don't even show any remorse. Only God knows how unbearable what happened that made this man want to kill his family n off himself too.

Our women embrace this new found independence that makes the man seem incapable of playing the role he has always known.

Most cases, these men sacrifice everything to bring their women over and still lose it all.
Not siding these men or encouraging they go on killing rampage, but the death tolls r increasing and these women need to slow down a bit.

My drunkard uncle lost custody of his kids many years ago, he doesn't drink anymore, moved on and remarried..but just like that he can't even go close to his kids anymore. First wife stripped him of everything and is even sleeping around with younger boys. Aunty never contributed to his wealth by the way. She was also brought to come and study and from there she got married to my uncle.

Some of your points are valid but men are not blame free too.
Most would want to marry a Nigerian lady set up their homes like they're in Nigeria which is very difficult.

Once you step into the West, know that there are different laws. If gou insist on using koboko or slap to discipline your children, then you'd loose them all. Same also, whether you brought your wife from Nigeria or not, you don't expect her to kneel to please you. Whether she was an almajiri or not, once she steps foot in the West, she's entitled to basic human rights just as everyone there.
It's another country with different laws. It's just like going to Saudi Arabia and insisting on organising a gospel crusade.

Most times, the Nigerian man who wants to be Lord and king at home will be so humble when talking with White ladies outside who are younger and less educated than his wife. It's only a matter of time before she starts asking if your strength is only over her.

Most successful Nigerians abroad are married to Nigerians and fact is Nigerian ladies can be quite very patient with their men. If most men would treat their wife same way they would a white lady, things would be much different.

Sorry for your uncle, but for him not to be able to see his kids, likely there must have been some physical abuse involved. What he'd be praised for in Nigeria as giving gis children proper training.

39 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

I already knew she had to be a Nurse.

Indian women are high earners - many are Doctors, Engineers, Business owners etc. - same with Chinese Women.

But you see Nigerian women, our money-miss-road Nigerian women, they will become Nurses, earning chicken feed compared to their Asain counterparts, but yet, we can't hear word again because she's now a demi-god! lipsrsealed

My brother, how many times have you heard indians or chinese kill themselves. Their women are loyal, that's why Indians most times go back to their country to get married. Nigerian women small freedom dem don dey overdo.

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 2:17pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

Indian women are high earners - many are Doctors, Engineers, Business owners etc. - same with Chinese Women.

But you see Nigerian women, our money-miss-road Nigerian women, they will become Nurses, earning chicken feed compared to their Asain counterparts, but yet, we can't hear word again because she's now a demi-god! lipsrsealed

Hehe... It's not just a Nigerian woman thing
Blacks in the West are underrepresented in the higher paying fields. A good majority of those nurses earn higher than their husbands and finance the home.

Nigerian ladies can push it but same also the men. If a man's reason for marrying a Nigerian lady and bringing her to the West was so she would be at his beck and call and do as he pleases then he's better of marrying a White and seeing how much of those she'd tolerate.

There are alot of happily married Nigerians abroad (seemingly). My point is that it goes both ways.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by dederocs(m): 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2020
mostly happens with simps.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2020
BiggyB242:

My brother, how many times have you heard indians or chinese kill themselves. Their women are loyal, that's why Indians most times go back to their country to get married. Nigerian women small freedom dem don dey overdo.

Hehe... Also a good number of Nigerian men who initially married from other cultures most times end up looking for a Nigerian lady.

It's not a hard and fast rule. Marriage is hard the best bet at success is doing it with someone who understands and appreciates your roots.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
jedisco:

Hehe... Also a good number of Nigerian men who initially married from other cultures most times end up looking for a Nigerian lady.

It's not a hard and fast rule. Marriage is hard the best bet at success is doing it with someone who understands and appreciates your root.

But when they finally move to the US and see the freedom and power a woman possess it enters their head. Like the character of a poor man and when he finally arrives is different.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Womanizer(m): 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
The United States needs to enact tighter gun laws!

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Kobicove(m): 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
Maybe the wife threatened to divorce him and leave him homeless undecided

10 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
LordIsaac:
"We will never know? " We know o... Pray a woman you helped to the top never turn against you. undecided
cave man immediately blames it on the woman undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
ANOTHER NURSE AND ANOTHER NIGERIAN MAN

7 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by SeriouslySense(m): 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
exactly
JaneYave:
When emotions are bottled up without expressions, they make people snap in odd ways. Everyone needs to learn how to start being real, talk issues out rather than pretending everything is fine. The children will have to deal with these memories for life.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by aribisala0(m): 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
Plut01:

I sympathise with your bro.

I still believe no woman can try such with me and live. Not even her family down in Nigeria will survive it.

I worked my ass off to make things work, you now want to claim everything that I worked for just because you found yourself in a feminine biased society.

Dem no born the lady

Childish talk. When you get older you will understand how life really is

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by DAramis: 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
If he tries to strangle his 2 sons, could it be he found out that, they were never his in the first place?

That is one of the strong reason why some people will go to that extent.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by theemy(m): 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
This idea of bringing someone from naija to marry doesn’t often go well, marry someone from where u are Chilean.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by planetx: 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

But the husband is also a doctor not a taxi driver.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nairalandwizerd(m): 2:30pm On Dec 20, 2020
Graxie:
Wicked man, he didn't even consider the kids. You can imagine the psychological torture those kids will be going through.
na them. Did you consider your kids before sleeping around?

15 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Zooposki(f): 2:30pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hedonini:
It keeps happening, but women would never learn. After all, they can only be reasonable, submissive and level-headed wives 'over their dead bodies'. So shall it be, then.

But he also tried killing both his 21year old sons. What was their crime?

12 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Zooposki(f): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
adecz:

Some heartless women can
make you do some horrible things
you didn't believe you were capable
of doing...... undecided undecided undecided

9 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by obembet(f): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
LordIsaac:
"We will never know? " We know o... Pray a woman you helped to the top never turn against you. undecided

Only God knows if u will ever marry cos of ur mentality about woman. Even though u don't know the cause of the matter but u have already concluded. God will save us from u men

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
Why don’t these suicidal/murdering spouses just kill themselves instead of looking for who will die with them. I’m sorry to say this happens more with men. Not just black men. White men too.
When they are tired of life, they want to end their lives but can’t just go by themselves. They try to take their wives and kids with them.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Zooposki(f): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
Joseph08:
We will never know

Infidelity I guess most likely from the woman.

I fear who no fear some women even though they're married they will still engage in extramarital affairs.

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Mayng01(m): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
In Nigeria he will still be walking free after killing her

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Kobicove(m): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
GreaterFuture:
Almost six Comments up there are Saying it most likely is Infidelity, on the Woman's Part, Why?

There is a lot about Our Nature and the Human Experiemce that we are still need to explore for intuition and Gut to be insync like that.

I'm also wondering how they arrived at that conculsion undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
K
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by LONGPREEK(m): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
GayPontiff:

try that with me and i will pay one of the small boys to kill her
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by SeriouslySense(m): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
I notice that too, to be frank, money makes our head go nuts, we think we are all, when we have embarassed money
genq:

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
adecz:

Some heartless women can
make you do some horrible things
you didn't believe you were capable
of doing...... undecided undecided undecided
oh shush. Without even knowing what happened you’ve left the obvious killer to blame his wife undecided

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by hustla(m): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
GayPontiff:

Best thing is Prenup tbh

It's to avoid plenty shalaye in the future

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by HelpYourself(m): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
oz4real83:
what will u say about Americans or other Caucasians who have also done the same thing? Will u say America was not for them? Humans are the same everywhere, we have the good and the bad in every ethnic group and we all react either positively or negatively to issues. Let's learn to avoid being tribalistic in issues.

We are not all the same threads of fate differ
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by tunapawizzy: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
ah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Sex With Dog: Kemi Olunloyo Exposes The Reason Behind It / Why I Slept With My Friend’s Teenage Daughter – UNILAG Lecturer. Picture. / Female One-Chance Robber Caught On Benin-Auchi Road Along With Her Gang Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.