Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America (98528 Views)

Man Shoots His Wife Dead In Nkporo, Abia. Youths Set Him Ablaze (graphic Photos) / John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja / Police Officer Shoots His Wife Dead In Ikoyi Prison Barracks, Kills Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by CSTRR: 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
jedisco:

Then why can't these men marry already established White ladies?
They have live in the West but still opted for a Nigerian lady... That should tell you something. The problems you'd encouter with the White lady is on another level.
Fact is that it's much more likely for a Nigerian man (born in 9ja) in the West to have a successful union with someone of same race and background. That's a fact that cuts across everyone?

That person (wife or not) is a human. That you facilitated yhe persons travel, paid for their schooling e.t.c gives you no right to Lord it over them. That's not how the West works.

Have you ever asked yourself if the mrn do anything that makes the wife turn around?
There are different kinds of white ladies.
Some are very sensible.

Nigerian women take undue advantage of the gender chaos in THE West.
It is Like they discovered Gold.

Men won't change. They know what they married and they expect it.
In fact, they would be more compromising than if they were in Nigeria.

It's the women that change of their own accord and for the worst.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:

More lies. Many of them get divorced and then start looking for homely Nigerian girls who will tolerate the stuff their foreign wives don’t tolerate.

My uncle just came back last two years for a homebased wife. He was in his early 50s.

Haven’t you noticed majority of the guys always typing that fallacy are the ones in Nigeria? They should better find way to leave this country and send dollars for me.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by bukatyne(f): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:
Indra Nooyi and her family.

Her husband is the undisputed head of the home.

How did you determine the head of the home from this picture?

What is your definition of the 'head of the home'?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by angelfallz(m): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:
Why don’t good women who have accomplished a lot in life use their husbands as excuse to snap and destroy lives?
Instead they bear it diligently or divorce if the situation is unbearable. Of course people vilify them for being divorced too.

With men it’s always excuses and blaming the woman. Everything wrong in his life is the woman. From the days of being in the garden of eden. The woman made him do it. No personal responsibility. It’s almost like men can’t handle themselves much less pressure filled situations. We have normalized them lashing out and destroying lives because something doesn’t go the way they want.
How many women get such passes in life?

You guys need to do better.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Men and women aren't the same. But I'm sure you knew this.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by chrisj2(m): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
lightpurple:

You should see Nigerian men here. So disgustingly unbearable. If not for the fact that Nigeria is not habitable to a point, after tasting how easy life in he US is, most of those so called Nigerian women that were brought here by their husbands would have gone back to Nigeria within months of their arrival

Life is only easier in the us for the women based on what the man has gone through.
You just said, Nja is a problem, and if not, the women will have returned. So the man has done them a huge favour! Regardless, they can return to nja after all the money spent on them and take the children with them. No one is forcing these women to come abroad or to educate themselves about what might be in store for them
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by HisMajesty1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:

That’s not true.
Really? But that's what we see every time. See, I've been following your line of argument on this particular thread and I understand it, but then, emotional things hurt more. Let's leave this case since it's still been investigated. My uncle in Albany, New York told me that the very moment newly migrated Nigerian women in the US fully understand how so much the laws favour them (usually they get tutored by more experienced Nigerian women who have stayed longer and surely seperated from their husband's and have gotten all the man has) they start provoking their husband's. Starts with nagging then graduates to brazen infidelity and more. The man snaps hits her or do anything harmful in the heat of the moment, she calls the authorities and there goes the beginning of the end of all a man's hard work. (Especially for men who brought and 'established' their wives which is mostly the case). And you expect a typical Nigerian man at heart regardless of how long he has stayed in the US to suck it up like his white counterparts will? Only exceptional Nigerian men like the uncle of that poster early in the thread can do that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by hustla(m): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dalil8:

My guy na surrogacy sure pass. Better to live life on your own terms, be in absolute control.

No woman in the picture, just you and your kids.

Hmm.. Women are necessary evil is the problem that is

Me thinks that Prenup will put everybody in line as there is no side benefiting ahead of the other

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 3:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
Womanizer:
The United States needs to enact tighter gun laws!

No gun law can change this event.

Except you are suggesting a protocol enshrined in their constitution is totally expunged and you know that would never happen.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by CSTRR: 3:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
lightpurple:

The Nigerian men in the US are very very very lazy
Is a medical doctor lazy?

Or you need him to wash plates and spoon before he can be hardworking?

5 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Uniquekriss(m): 3:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
JaneYave:
When emotions are bottled up without expressions, they make people snap in odd ways. Everyone needs to learn how to start being real, talk issues out rather than pretending everything is fine. The children will have to deal with these memories for life.
God bless you for this. This is where d change starts.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by delishpot: 3:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

But you did imply that women are "enslaved" in marriages - what does enslavement mean to you?

I said if they marry a wicked man. Did I say they all marry wicked men? Or that all women marry wicked men? You as a man, will you enjoy life if your spouse dictates your life from waking up to retiring to bed? Sometimes men should pinch themselves to know how it feels when others are pinched. This wickedness masked as control is not natural. We need to change.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by lightpurple: 3:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Nigerian men always talking of foreign women, but never talking of foreign men.

Always comparing Nigerian women with foreign women, but never themselves with the men.

Few days back USA warned her citizens of Nigerians. Everyday one of you is traveling to one country or the other with drugs, tainting our national image and further reducing the value of our passport. You don’t ever talk of these things.

Yet you somehow think you are perfect and deserving of these foreign women?

Like the average young foreign woman would marry just any Nigerian man, so you guys always end up with the retired ones. Keep living out your dreams on Nairaland.

Jesuuuu girl. Hahahaha. You peppered them pepperly. Such ungrateful empty barrels they are, some lack common sense. Not too long ago in a previous thread, they all agreed that the average black men treat foreign women with more respect than theirs, but here they are spewing nonsense. Some of these men don’t deserve anything

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 3:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
angelfallz:

You seriously want to argue that men don't lose everything in a divorce in the West?

From your perspective, they do. Because they don’t get to send their wives away empty handed into the cold dark night. For a typical selfish nairaland male, if that doesn’t happen, then they’ve lost everything.

But in real life. What happens is an equitable distribution of family assets (if they even have any) and varying custody arrangements depending on the ages of the kids. But y’all not ready for the facts. It doesn’t suit your talking points.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by CSTRR: 3:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
delishpot:

If that is how you talk to your woman, I will not blame her for tormenting your life. I should learn manners when you have not even learnt what it means talk less of actively implementing it in your life. It's like telling a person to bathe very well before entering shit. I am the person, bathe is manners and the shit is you.
Look at this one.

I am a gentleman to the core but I don't tolerate nonsense.

Talk well or don't talk at all.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
jajeri3216:

Are you sure cheesy
Lol
Not to go ad hominen but it's obvious most of the guys complaining here have not lived in the West.

I'd say to dudes here, if you think an average Nigerian lady no dey hear word, try a proper English girl (in her prime) and you'd come running back... Many have towed that path and ran back

6 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
theemy:
This idea of bringing someone from naija to marry doesn’t often go well, marry someone from where u are Chilean.

Indians and Chinese, Filipinos bring their spouses to the US to live with them yet such attacks seldom happen.

I think we need to change our orientation generally.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Frustrated007: 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
you wey your ovaries don almost dry finish?
Who wan send you money grin
Probably some money miss road who doesn't know his worth undecided
pocohantas:

My uncle just came back last two years for a homebased wife. He was in his early 50s.

Haven’t you noticed majority of the guys always typing that fallacy are the ones in Nigeria? They should better find way to leave this country and send dollars for me. grin

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by blazer90707: 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:

More lies. Many of them get divorced and then start looking for homely Nigerian girls who will tolerate the stuff their foreign wives don’t tolerate.

Aren't you tired of constantly having to educate these nairaland people. The arijies dat guy posted I watch them on YouTube. Fact is she's actually Bengali and not Indian and also half of the stuff her husband does, the average nigerian man would never do it. Please leave then to their foreign princesses because if they would be sincere to themselves they don't behave same way with a foreign wife as they would a Nigerian . So please rest and leave all this people

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Magnoliaa(f): 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
VNTS:
Nigerian men are so quick to blame women for everything. That is why I fear things will not change. A woman is not your investment. She's a real life adult human and if you can't live with her, leave. I say it agaig, your wife is not your investment. Stop feeling entitled over another person's life even if you brought her to the USA. If you cannot stay, divorce, find another babe and treat her better.

Exactly. It's not "really" about women's servility, but men's attitude towards women (and their exploitation of the behaviors bred in women). Indoctrination and conservatism are largely tools that have been used to keep women subdued, and things are fast changing. We cannot go back to the wives in the fifties' era. So the gender wars will persist if men refuse to change and adapt. Why should women be the ones to remain below for men to be satisfied?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
Nairalandwizerd:
na them. Did you consider your kids before sleeping around?

Where in the article was it written she slept around?

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by CSTRR: 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:
I’m sure you live with them.

Also make sure you marry an Indian woman wink
Why not?
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
oz4real83:
what will u say about Americans or other Caucasians who have also done the same thing? Will u say America was not for them? Humans are the same everywhere, we have the good and the bad in every ethnic group and we all react either positively or negatively to issues. Let's learn to avoid being tribalistic in issues.
I just feel like kissing you for this most sensible comment. But that would be going too far. Many people will never understand what you typed there. If only they took a minute to think, they'll realise this is gold. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by lightpurple: 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:

They should go back.
You can't benefit from somebody and still be a thorn in his side.
At some point this so called favor he did by bringing her to the US ends. You hear me? It expires. It now becomes a situation of how they can both contribute to the welfare of the family. But the Nigerian man would expect the wife to kiss his lazy staying at home a$$ everyday only because he brought her over. Don’t forget Nigerian women also marry Nigerian men and bring them over to the US. But you don’t her them whining over it

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by hammerDK: 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:

There are different kinds of white ladies.
Some are very sensible.

Nigerian women take undue advantage of the gender chaos in THE West.
It is Like they discovered Gold.

Men won't change. They know what they married and they expect it.
In fact, they would be more compromising than if they were in Nigeria.

It's the women that change of their own accord and for the worst.

SPOT ON!

THEY DONT REALLY CHANGE, THEY WERE JUST UNDERSTUDYING YOU, BEFORE THEM SHOW U, SAY THEM TOO NA BOSS.

THEN THE MAN PERCEIVE IT AS AN AFFRONT, REACT LIKE A STINGRAY, BEFORE HE KNOWS IT, HE HAS COMMITTED MURDER.

THE DOCTOR TOOK THE EASY WAY OUT, RATHER THAN FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
Your uncle in Albany New York has not met all of the 300+ million Americans in America.

I can’t even speak for other Americans yet I’m an American citizen who’s very familiar with life in a few American states. That’s not how statistics works.

People will mostly see what fits into their preconceived notions.
HisMajesty1:

Really? But that's what we see every time. See, I've been following your line of argument on this particular thread and I understand it, but then, emotional things hurt more. Let's leave this case since it's still been investigated. My uncle in Albany, New York told me that the very moment newly migrated Nigerian women in the US fully understand how so much the laws favour them (usually they get tutored by more experienced Nigerian women who have stayed longer and surely seperated from their husband's and have gotten all the man has) they start provoking their husband's. Starts with nagging then graduates to brazen infidelity and more. The man snaps hits her she calls the authorities and there goes the beginning of the end of all a man's hard work. And you expect a Nigerian man at heart regardless of how long he has stayed in the US to suck it up like his white counterparts will? Only exceptional Nigerian men like the uncle of poster early in the thread.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
you wey your ovaries don almost dry finish?
Who wan send you money grin
Probably some money miss road who doesn't know his worth undecided

Toor! If you like don’t send to an evening newspaper. All these young girls will chop your money and run. They still have all the time to chop enough. Last last you’ll keep crying on how Naija girls are scum. Na you no use your head.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by CSTRR: 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Exactly. It's not "really" about women's servility, but men's attitude towards women (and their exploitation of the behaviors bred in women). Indoctrination and conservatism are largely tools that have been used to keep women subdued, and things are fast changing. We cannot go back to the wives in the fifties' era. So the gender wars will persist if men refuse to change and adapt. Why should women be the ones to remain below for men to be satisfied?
Why is it only happening in the African immigrant community.?

Asians don't change much.
They keep the same customs and traditions even in America.

Yet their women are not going off like wild animals.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by delishpot: 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:

Look at this one.

I am a gentleman to the core but I don't tolerate nonsense.

Talk well or don't talk at all.

Yínmu. I have heard

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by igbowoman: 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
GayPontiff:
This is becoming a norm in The US.
That society is just not for thorough bred Africans.
The men who turn themselves in after killing their spouse don't even show any remorse. Only God knows how unbearable what happened that made this man want to kill his family n off himself too.

You can be thrown outta your house for just raising ur voice at your wife.
Our women embrace this new found independence that makes the man seem incapable of playing the role he has always known.

Most cases, these men sacrifice everything to bring their women over and still lose it all.
Not siding these men or encouraging they go on killing rampage, but the death tolls r increasing and these women need to slow down a bit.

My drunkard uncle lost custody of his kids many years ago, he doesn't drink anymore, moved on and remarried..but just like that he can't even go close to his kids anymore. First wife stripped him of everything and is even sleeping around with younger boys. Aunty never contributed to his wealth by the way. She was also brought to come and study and from there she got married to my uncle.

Please be quiet.
At least you admitted he was a drunk,do you know the damage he must have caused them in his drunkenness
Have you heard her own story of the hell he must have put them through or just the story from that of the drunkard uncle is the full story?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Frustrated007: 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
Isaiah 4:1
and in that day, seven women shall take hold of one man saying, we will eat our own bread and wear our own apparel, only let us be called by your name to take away our reproach.

A huge chunk of you ladies will enter menopause without seeing a man to marry..make una go mark am.
There's no word of God that will go unfulfilled
Magnoliaa:

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Dalil8: 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
hustla:

Hmm.. Women are necessary evil is the problem that is

Me thinks that Prenup will put everybody in line as there is no side benefiting ahead of the other

Prenup isn't good enough for me.

Just me, my kids, and my money and i'm good. No distractions.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
Some days I have energy grin
blazer90707:

Aren't you tired of constantly having to educate these nairaland people. The arijies dat guy posted I watch them on YouTube. Fact is she's actually Bengali and not Indian and also half of the stuff her husband does, the average nigerian man would never do it. Please leave then to their foreign princesses because if they would be sincere to themselves they don't behave same way with a foreign wife as they would a Nigerian . So please rest and leave all this people

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel: Aftermath Of The Sokoto Student's Lynching (Graphic Photo) / Sex With Dog: Kemi Olunloyo Exposes The Reason Behind It / Why I Slept With My Friend’s Teenage Daughter – UNILAG Lecturer. Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.