Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,897 members, 7,810,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America (98452 Views)

Man Shoots His Wife Dead In Nkporo, Abia. Youths Set Him Ablaze (graphic Photos) / John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja / Police Officer Shoots His Wife Dead In Ikoyi Prison Barracks, Kills Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
LONGPREEK:
try that with me and i will pay one of the small boys to kill her

You'll end up avoiding dropping the soap for a long time.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by CSTRR: 3:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
hammerDK:

SPOT ON!

THEN THE MAN PERCEIVE IT AS AN AFFRONT, REACT LIKE A STINGRAY, BEFORE HE KNOWS IT HE HAS COMMIITED MURDER.

THE DOCTOR TOOK THE EASY WAY OUT RATHER THAN FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.

He fuccked up.

Left to me, I would just give up.

Take my medical degree and walk out. Let her take everything else.

I would just enjoy the remaining life I have on my own terms.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by genq(m): 3:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
delishpot:

I said if they marry a wicked man. Did I say they all marry wicked men? Or that all women marry wicked men? You as a man, will you enjoy life if your spouse dictates your life from waking up to retiring to bed? Sometimes men should pinch themselves to know how it feels when others are pinched. This wickedness masked as control is not natural. We need to change.

If women are smart, you would know what to do. But y'all will keep sticking to the same script and continue getting murdered by your husbands abroad.

The killings will not end - for as long as Nigerian women continue on this destructive path. When a man has nothing left to lose, the consequences can be deadly.

I've said my own.

15 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by chrisj2(m): 3:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

My uncle just came back last two years for a homebased wife. He was in his early 50s.

Haven’t you noticed majority of the guys always typing that fallacy are the ones in Nigeria? They should better find way to leave this country and send dollars for me. grin

Relationship break down regardless of nationality but most people still marry from their own country and hope for better.
The main difference is that there is a lot of expense involved in bringing someone abroad and many times, those brought lie and hide their true nature or become influenced.
Stop talking as if you know what transpires in multi-racial relationships - some oyinbo women are really easy to deal with and you do not spend much on them before and after...
The idea that Nja men are all bossy and misogynist is a fallacy concocted.
What is it that you think Oyinbo women will not tolerate with a Nja man?
You will find out that it has little to do with the sort of relationships that they have with their own kind...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by CSTRR: 3:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
She has probably turned the kids against him too.

The guy must be at ground zero.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
Isaiah 4:1
and in that day, seven women shall take hold of one man saying, we will eat our own bread and wear our own apparel, only let us be called by your name to take away our reproach.

A huge chunk of you ladies will enter menopause without seeing a man to marry..make una go mark am.
There's no word of God that will go unfulfilled

You are more concerned with menopause than the fact that you will go to hell for fornicating and lying. Abi person tear that part of your bible?

Leave menopause and read the portions of the bible that will help your salvation.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
angelfallz:

You're comparing apples and oranges. Men and women aren't the same. But I'm sure you knew this.

Here we go. Men and women are different.

So let’s give men a pass to kill people when they feel pushed to the wall?
You’re seriously towing this line of argument?
I have nothing more to say to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by hustla(m): 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dalil8:

Prenup isn't good enough for me.

Just me, my kids, and my money and i'm good. No distractions.

Omo you go kala gan o

grin

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

My uncle just came back last two years for a homebased wife. He was in his early 50s.

Haven’t you noticed majority of the guys always typing that fallacy are the ones in Nigeria? They should better find way to leave this country and send dollars for me. grin
Yup. It’s often like that. They try it and come running back.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 3:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
chrisj2:

Relationship break down regardless of nationality but most people still marry from their own country and hope for better.
The main difference is that there is a lot of expense involved in bringing someone abroad and many times, those brought lie and hide their true nature or become influenced.
Stop talking as if you know what transpires in multi-racial relationships - some oyinbo women are really easy to deal with and you do not spend much on them before and after...
The idea that Nja men are all bossy and misogynist is a fallacy concocted.
What is it that you think Oyinbo women will not tolerate with a Nja man?
You will find out that it has little to do with the sort of relationships that they have with their own kind...

Then go marry them and stop crying. Don’t come back this Christmas. Marry your dear foreign women ehn.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by DexterousOne(m): 3:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:
Asians travel abroad too.

Indians, Chinese and Koreans rise to the level of heights Nigerian women dream Of and yet it is always the Nigerian women trying to prove something stupid.

A man that brings you to America likes you.

It's for you to put your head down and remember you are in a foreign land.

It's not the land of your ancestors. You are to maximise the opportunity for the well-being of your seeds.

Dimwits.

It's an Afrcan man AND woman problem
Short sightedness and ego trip
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 3:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
peacettw:
It's high time we started questioning if covid-19 has any impact on brain function. I have long since theorised that the virus leads to increased aggression, violence and poor cognitive reasoning and function.

Only time will tell if I am right or not.

The effect of long term isolation can affect the mental state of those affected by it.

Nevertheless, we cannot conclude that is the case here.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by lightpurple: 3:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:

There are different kinds of white ladies.
Some are very sensible.

Nigerian women take undue advantage of the gender chaos in THE West.
It is Like they discovered Gold.

Men won't change. They know what they married and they expect it.
In fact, they would be more compromising than if they were in Nigeria.

It's the women that change of their own accord and for the worst.
Trust me, and get this straight, they wouldn’t do that if the average Nigerian men behaved reasonably. Don’t tell me that all Nigerian women have such mindset..women are more prone to having families.

The reason why they act that way is because they needed something to change, hence the men erratic and useless self importance behavior, all the while staying at home doing nothing. What a waste

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by delishpot: 3:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

If women are smart, you would know what to do. But y'all will keep sticking to the same script and continue getting murdered by your husbands abroad.

The killings will not end - for as long as Nigerian women continue on this destructive path. When a man has nothing left to lose, the consequences can be deadly.

I've said my own.

SO, you as a man can look around you and believe that death is better than starting life after a fall? Toor, make una dey kill unaselves and wives dey go na. That means all those naija wives that get kicked out back home have not learnt well from the abroad men on how to handle their wayward men who if push comes to shove might boot them out with nothing. They need to learn how to kill those men and if necessary themselves too. So men will learn how not to send wives back to her fathers house just like that.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by angelfallz(m): 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:

From your perspective, they do. Because they don’t get to send their wives away empty handed into the cold dark night. For a typical selfish nairaland male, if that doesn’t happen, then they’ve lost everything.

But in real life. What happens is an equitable distribution of family assets (if they even have any) and varying custody arrangements depending on the ages of the kids. But y’all not ready for the facts. It doesn’t suit your talking points.

grin cococandy you must think I'm one of the clowns on NL or Twitter that don't know what they're talking about. Please read the links below, and see for yourself.

https://qr.ae/pN2a34

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/emmanuel-eboue-loses-life-savings-properties-wife-following-bitter-divorce/

https://www.opencourt-basketball.com/the-crazy-story-of-stephen-jackson-literally-leaving-his-fiance-at-the-altar-because-she-didnt-sign-prenup/
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by DexterousOne(m): 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
oh please! an Indian woman will happily marry a Nigerian man.
Most of us are decent and earn good money.
Indian women aren't money hungry sluts like most Nigerian women.
Just take a look at India, despite the poverty, wives still stick with their husbands.

I'm done with you Nigerian girls!
Even dating you these useless creatures is a nightmare.
Always playing stupid games.

It's not so extreme
Bros calm down na

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by HisMajesty1(m): 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:
Your uncle in Albany New York has not met all of the 300+ million Americans in America.

I can’t even speak for other Americans yet I’m an American citizen who’s very familiar with life in a few American states. That’s not how statistics works.

People will mostly see what fits into their preconceived notions.
Ok then, since you're a citizen and on ground over there I will want to believe that there may be details or grey areas of the laws and these situations that you'd understand better... As someone who sees it from miles away, what we know is what we know and sadly some of our sentiments on this issue will be hard to change.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by hammerDK: 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:

He fuccked up.

Left to me, I would just give up.

Take my medical degree and walk out. Let her take everything else.

I would just enjoy the remaining life I have on my own terms.

IT IS BETTER FOR HER TO TAKE EVERYTHING AND YOU KEEP A GOOD NAME.

I WOULD HAVE LEFT THAT AMERICA FOR HER.

THE DR IS ALREADY OLD SEF.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by SamNaijaboy: 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2020
There are several men whose wives lie under oath in court about abuse that never occurred. I have heard where testimony was taken as proof of abuse when there was none-no police reports, nothing. It becomes his word against hers and we know how the courts support the women.
They go ahead and no adjudicate as if there was abuse. Tell the guy to stay away from the home and then allow the woman to stay in the home.
Nigerian women (and to be honest most women) have no issues with lying under oath to get what they want.
It pains more if you brought her over and trained her with your own money and you gave her a visa.
So I encourage anybody who is thinking of bringing a Nigerian woman to the West to STOP.
They will Bleep you up 98% of the time

cococandy:

@bold, Again with the Lies. I’m going to be treating some of you posters like Donald Trump henceforth.

If you start a conversation with a bold faced lie, it gets debunked immediately. And depending on how many strings of lies follow, I may chose to ignore as it won’t be worth my while.

1)”What the men worked for” as in the wives didn’t contribute anything all the years they were married? What y’all think this is? You think this is Nigeria where the man own everything by virtue of being male.

2) Nobody takes your kids away from you unless it’s determined by a competent court of law that you’re a danger to the kids. When Nigerians say the women take the kids from them, they forget that the violence we tolerate in Nigeria is a good reason to have kids taken from you in America. We excuse beatings as nothing. That news anchor who wanted to kill his doctor wife would have had his kids taken from him if he was here. But everyone in Nigeria (including wifey) has gone ahead as if nothing wrong happened. If had his kids taken here, y’all would have said his wife used the American system to destroy his life. Maybe you guys need to think as reason more before emotionally unleashing violence.

Having nothing to lose is a situation you create for yourself

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by DasaintHope(m): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2020
obembet:

Only God knows if u will ever marry cos of ur mentality about woman. Even though u don't know the cause of the matter but u have already concluded. God will save us from u men
Fine girl. I sent you a mail. let's link up.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Frustrated007: 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
calm down?!!
If you know wetin naija girls don show me ehnn.they deserve every evil that befalls them!!!
DexterousOne:

It's not so extreme
Bros calm down na

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by angelfallz(m): 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:

Here we go. Men and women are different.

So let’s give men a pass to kill people when they feel pushed to the wall?
You’re seriously towing this line of argument?
I have nothing more to say to you.

Now you misunderstood me. No where did I say it's alright to kill.
You were arguing that successful women don't kill their husbands, and I was trying to point out that it's not necessarily the same thing.
What would drive a successful man to kill his wife, might not be the same thing that would drive a successful woman to kill her husband.
Men and women aren't the same.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by emonis88: 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
grin grin
cococandy:

@bold, Again with the Lies. I’m going to be treating some of you posters like Donald Trump henceforth.

If you start a conversation with a bold faced lie, it gets debunked immediately. And depending on how many strings of lies follow, I may chose to ignore as it won’t be worth my while.

1)”What the men worked for” as in the wives didn’t contribute anything all the years they were married? What y’all think this is? You think this is Nigeria where the man own everything by virtue of being male.

2) Nobody takes your kids away from you unless it’s determined by a competent court of law that you’re a danger to the kids. When Nigerians say the women take the kids from them, they forget that the violence we tolerate in Nigeria is a good reason to have kids taken from you in America. We excuse beatings as nothing. That news anchor who wanted to kill his doctor wife would have had his kids taken from him if he was here. But everyone in Nigeria (including wifey) has gone ahead as if nothing wrong happened. If had his kids taken here, y’all would have said his wife used the American system to destroy his life. Maybe you guys need to think as reason more before emotionally unleashing violence.

these men were already made before they bring d woman to their country of abode, but if d woman also contributed to what they had y take it all? y not take ur own give d man his own n u both go ur seprate ways. grin
cococandy:

these men were already made before they bring d woman to their country of abode, but if d woman also contributed to what they had y take it all? y not take ur own give d man his own n u both go ur seprate ways. abi? lol
now on ur number 2 any court il give custody of d children to d woman cus its believed dat she is a better care giver than d man . the children can decide who they want to stay with when they r 18 or 21 for some countries. d woman is not given custody only n only if d husband proves she is not a reliable care giver ie she is mad or a drug addict or mentally unstable. so d woman already has d law on her side concerning d children n d court il make sure dat d children r comfortable, so d house goes to d woman n d children n d man gets to visit. The man becomes a visitor to his own house, if na u il u be happy? upon paying child support to d woman. Dat is y many white men il tell d woman dat if u love me n want to marry me u sign a prenuptual before we get married, meaning she il sign dat if she divorces him il.get nothing from his assets .

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
Truth234:

They placed so much value on the fact that most of the husbands facilitate the wives documents, traveling, schooling etc to America'. For them, it's enough own lives.

They don't even see the wives as victims.
First of all only a few of them can afford to pay fees out of pocket for schooling in America. Very very few. Visa fees and travel fees only amount to few thousand dollars. If they are seeing it as something she owes, she can easily pay that back within a month of working.

For the very few who can afford tuition, if what they invested in the education is the issue, all that stuff can be paid back in a few years of the wife earning a good income. So when does she stop owing him?

If that’s what their marriage is about, then she’s free to do as she pleases once she feels she’s paid back enough. Right? Does that make sense in a healthy marriage?

They don’t even think of it like that because it doesn’t help their argument one bit.

Many of them talk trash that they know nothing about.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by obembet(f): 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
DasaintHope:

I don't have access to my mail now.. I lost my phone and I can't retrieve my number due to NCC wahala. When the strike off, I will reply u
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Eriokanmi: 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
Nigerians in the diaspora, please and please if you know you can't bear the situation should your wife eventually earn more than you or anything go awry in future which could escalate in irreconcilable differences which could instigate murder, don't dare invite that woman to America or any society where "it's women's world" is the norm, just to live with you. Keep her in Nigeria, no matter the pressures she mounts on you so you could have peace of mind in your later years and enjoy all you've laboured for under the harsh weather. This decision is for the benefit of both of you anyway. There are 2 families i know who are already in a similar mess.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

Garbage.

I don't know what man brings a woman abroad for the sole purpose of making her at his "beck and call", but I do know several who brought their wives who they thought they could build a future and raise beautiful children in a saner climate with, only for their gullible wives to embrace her newly found "liberation" as an opportunity to emasculate their men and live a frivolous lifestyle.

A man can selflessly bring a woman he loves abroad, only for her to count his sacrifices as nothing - ingrates!

The mentality that being a dutiful and courteous wife is "slavery" has done more harm to your gender than good.. that is why y'all are being killed left right and centre undecided

Keep thinking you can cockle men and destroy everything they've worked for because feminism has "liberated' you cheesy

Too bad this woman did not live to enjoy her newly found liberation.

Toh... Why can't those men just marry white ladies who are already abroad and rest rather than going through the stress of marrying from Nigeria?

There are levels to this thing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Magnoliaa(f): 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Go to that same YouTube and find a cultured intelligent Indian girl na. Make sure to tell her you are Nigerian, then wait her response.

Shebi naso e easy for an average Naija man to hook foreign woman in her youth? cheesy grin

grin This one, I can understand and whet with a personal story.

I know someone that always share his experiences relating with foreign girls with me. He initially always doesn't let on his identify 'cos the black guy's image—not to mention a Nigerian—is soooo corrupted and everything.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Frustrated007: 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
simp!
I pray you get ripped off on the first date.
You go spend 100k on meals and won't even get a "thank you"

Amen!
DasaintHope:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
peacettw:
It's high time we started questioning if covid-19 has any impact on brain function. I have long since theorised that the virus leads to increased aggression, violence and poor cognitive reasoning and function.

Only time will tell if I am right or not.

You this researcher again?

How come your hypotheses always sound somehow

They always sound laughable.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by humilitypays(m): 3:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
Nigerian woman that says she will never give her husband peace of mind and loyalty will only end up in a 6 feet grave. So dear Nigerian ladies in the US, please continue, you will only be regretting your Jezebel attitude towards your husband in your grave, e concern me undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by hammerDK: 3:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
NIGERIA DEY SWEET ONCE YOU HAVE MONEY.

AKU LUO UNO.

WHY WILL HE NOT HAVE A UNIVERSITY OR HOSPITAL HERE IN NIGERIA.

FOLLOW WOMAN SIDDON FOR HOUSE FOR AMERICA IS A RECIPE FOR WAHALA.

SHE GO SIDDON FOR AMERICA DO HERSELF, I GO SIDDON FOR NAIJA DEY DO ME.

NO WAHALA!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel: Aftermath Of The Sokoto Student's Lynching (Graphic Photo) / Sex With Dog: Kemi Olunloyo Exposes The Reason Behind It / The Unvarnished Truth About Money Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.