Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America - Crime (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America (98461 Views)

Man Shoots His Wife Dead In Nkporo, Abia. Youths Set Him Ablaze (graphic Photos) / John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja / Police Officer Shoots His Wife Dead In Ikoyi Prison Barracks, Kills Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 3:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:

Exactly. I wouldn’t even be surprised if this wasn’t a new incident. Sometimes they find old topics on similar incidents and bring it to the front page so that boys can jubilate about another dead Nigerian woman.

Seun and his MODs really know how to milk the hate his male forum members have for women. Especially women abroad whom they can’t intimidate with their “send her packing”. That hate is so deep they don’t hesitate to come feast on any topic that shows something bad happening to one of such women. It draws traffic.

Na to celebrate for days. grin

A hundred likes to this. You really understand them. Lol@last line. They are already in party mode.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by DasaintHope(m): 3:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
obembet:

I don't have access to my mail now.. I lost my phone and I can't retrieve my number due to NCC wahala. When the strike off, I will reply u
Okay, please do?
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by genq(m): 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
delishpot:

SO, you as a man can look around you and believe that death is better than starting life after a fall? Toor, make una dey kill unaselves and wives dey go na. That means all those naija wives that get kicked out back home have not learnt well from the abroad men on how to handle their wayward men who if push comes to shove might boot them out with nothing. They need to learn how to kill those men and if necessary themselves too. So men will learn how not to send wives back to her fathers house just like that.

It's a free world sis.. undecided
women are free to take your "liberation" up a notch and start killing husbands for returning their useless wives back to their father's house. That's if una get mind lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:

There are different kinds of white ladies.
Some are very sensible.

Nigerian women take undue advantage of the gender chaos in THE West.
It is Like they discovered Gold.

Men won't change. They know what they married and they expect it.
In fact, they would be more compromising than if they were in Nigeria.

It's the women that change of their own accord and for the worst.

I'd say there are different kinds of ladies everywhere.

My point is there are sensible white and Nigerian ladies. Women everywhere have similar traits just like men... It's just natural. The way these traits are expressed is dependent on the environment

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:
A medical doctor with everything to live for.

You can imagine the depth of pain his Wife has driven him to.

He killed her and killed himself.

Hasty conclusion.

Doctor may have been experiencing psychological problems which in itself needs investigating.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Nigerian men always talking of foreign women, but never talking of foreign men.

Always comparing Nigerian women with foreign women, but never themselves with the men.

Few days back USA warned her citizens of Nigerians. Everyday one of you is traveling to one country or the other with drugs, tainting our national image and further reducing the value of our passport. You don’t ever talk of these things.

Yet you somehow think you are perfect and deserving of these foreign women?

Like the average young foreign woman would marry just any Nigerian man, so you guys always end up with the retired ones. Keep living out your dreams on Nairaland.

You, delish, Coco and some others are really giving them the hot facts they can never address. They always want foreign women and are ready to be slaves to them, but if they see a Nigerian woman they return to beast mode. Later they will say team foreign women. As if foreign women are attracted to them without them luring her by being a slave to her.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
HisMajesty1:

Ok then, since you're a citizen and on ground over there I will want to believe that there may be details or grey areas of the laws and these situations that you'd understand better... As someone who sees it from miles away, what we know is what we know and sadly some of our sentiments on this issue will be hard to change.
my point is that even being a citizen doesn’t make me a reliable source of statistics. Don’t be believing things anyone tells you especially when they have an agenda. Let them back it up with facts you can verify

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Magnoliaa(f): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
Indra Nooyi and her family.

Her husband is the undisputed head of the home.

I'm sure this one cannot prove he's not a Simp if I asked. *yinmu* Una think say a man in a relationship with that kin woman will be an alfa carrying a balloon for an ego upandan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by genq(m): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
jedisco:

Toh... Why can't those men just marry white ladies who are already abroad and rest rather than going through the stress of marrying from Nigeria?

There are levels to this thing

Well, men are finally waking up.

Let's see what the dating/marriage situation looks like in the next 5 - 10 years wink

8 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by SamNaijaboy: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
You are talking after the fact. Why cant the wife pay for her own things by herself?
Any assurance she will get student visa?
Let the woman figure all these out and we meet after she has got her green card after 7 years of working hard for her employer after great grades in University and we can then talk. But you need my help and money and then talking about paying me back? Am I a bank? She doesn't know her way to UBA to borrow the "small" thousands of dollars?
Let's face it visa is a big deal. Many even have the funds and have been denied severally. You are given green card on a platter and you are talking what?
LOL. Guys this is how they minimize what is a big deal. Do it yourself if it is easy now? There is one girl I know that has been trying to do GRE to the US for 5 years now. Everytime her score is always really poor. So she can't even get good grades. E easy?

cococandy:

First of all only a few of them can afford to pay fees out of pocket for schooling in America. Very very few. Visa fees and travel fees only amount to few thousand dollars. If they are seeing it as something she owes, she can easily pay that back within a month of working.

For the very few who can afford tuition, if what they invested in the education is the issue, all that stuff can be paid back in a few years of the wife earning a good income. So when does she stop owing him?

If that’s what their marriage is about, then she’s free to do as she pleases once she feels she’s paid back enough. Right? Does that make sense in a healthy marriage?

They don’t even think of it like that because it doesn’t help their argument one bit.

Many of them talk trash that they know nothing about.

7 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:
Indra Nooyi is the CEO of Pepsi.
An Indian woman.

Dem no born am well make she misbehave for house.

The same goes for CEOs of many Fortune 500 companies headed by Indian women.

Women with sense. Women of timber and calibre.

While a Nigerian Nurse earning small dollars would become more feminist than Hilary Clinton.

Do you live with the aforementioned woman? You have access to her private life? Or you hate anything to do with women so much that you've become adept at fantasy themed fiction like what you just typed out?

7 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

My uncle just came back last two years for a homebased wife. He was in his early 50s.

Haven’t you noticed majority of the guys always typing that fallacy are the ones in Nigeria? They should better find way to leave this country and send dollars for me. grin

Sadly, that has been a recurring thing. Established Nigerian men in the U.S divorcing their white wives to come back and marry.

These are folks that have been there for years with experience. There's definitely something driving it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by DasaintHope(m): 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
simp! I pray you get ripped off on the first date. You go spend 100k on meals and won't even get a "thank you"
Amen!
lol... Redpiller Well we will see about that, because anything I want I go for it, damn the cost.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
SamNaijaboy:
You are talking after the fact. Why cant the wife pay for her own things by herself?
Amy assurance she will get student visa?
Let the woman figure all these out and we meet after she has got her green card after 7 years of working hard for her employer after great grades in University and we can then talk. But you need my help and money and then talking about paying me back? Am I a bank? She doesn't know her way to UBA to borrow the "small" thousands of dollars?

Did wife hold a gun to husbands head to pay for any of these things? So why acting like it was forceful?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by genq(m): 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

They’ll keep wailing. Simps rule the word and make the rules. Our dearest alfa males are online carrying women matter for head.

The wailing is not ending anytime soon...

Yes men are 'wailing' and women are getting killed!

What a win for feminism!! grin

12 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by DexterousOne(m): 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
calm down?!!
If you know wetin naija girls don show me ehnn.they deserve every evil that befalls them!!!
Well...
Sorry for your experience

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
HisMajesty1:

Really? But that's what we see every time. See, I've been following your line of argument on this particular thread and I understand it, but then, emotional things hurt more. Let's leave this case since it's still been investigated. My uncle in Albany, New York told me that the very moment newly migrated Nigerian women in the US fully understand how so much the laws favour them (usually they get tutored by more experienced Nigerian women who have stayed longer and surely seperated from their husband's and have gotten all the man has) they start provoking their husband's. Starts with nagging then graduates to brazen infidelity and more. The man snaps hits her or do anything harmful in the heat of the moment, she calls the authorities and there goes the beginning of the end of all a man's hard work. (Especially for men who brought and 'established' their wives which is mostly the case). And you expect a typical Nigerian man at heart regardless of how long he has stayed in the US to suck it up like his white counterparts will? Only exceptional Nigerian men like the uncle of poster early in the thread can do that.

Why can't such men liquidate their properties, send it back home and then divorce their wives? Hehe
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
madridsta007:

My brother... Why women do this still amazes me. I mean, why turn against and use the law against someone that, if not because of him, you will probably be in the village? Why?

Women can you help with the answer?

It's the same reason men will always cheat.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:

The frustration of not being able to get away with so much crap can be infuriating for their egos.

If these so called western systems are broken, why do they keep trying to to escape to those places?

Sharrap!

You're talking nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by lightpurple: 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
ThePlainTruth:

I can understand why. A Naija man has to go through hell unlike the foreign men to make it legitimately overseas. A Naija man has to overcome racism, being treated differently due to his colour and accent, getting a good education, getting a job and overcoming the same challenges at work and then making a Naija woman comfortable like the middle class and upper class foreign women believing he has met the flesh of their flesh and bones of their bones. Then once the Naija women are comfortable and making good money they begin to treat the Naija man like trash. This can mess up the mind of the most gentle man and drive him to do the unthinkable. May GOD give our women wisdom and keep our men away from women that can mess up our mind. For Naija men that have met such women best solution is to beg GOD for patience and for GOD to take control if divorce is not possible.

Why would they treat the Nigerian men as trash if they are financially equal or God forbid oo, the men are financially superior to their wives? Your prayer is for God to give the men sense to be reasonable and wisedom to know that the wives are not their investment

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by RedPanthar: 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:
This will never end.

These men in America will keep killing their wicked, ungrateful wives - not to excuse murder but Nigerian women abroad tend to exhibit signs of demonic possession - they will fuuckk around on you and bring bastaard children home for you to raise, they will insult and belittle you at any slight provocation, they will mentally and emotionally abuse you (some even physical), they will take you to court and claim everything you've laboured for, leaving you penniless in your old age, then turn your children against you so that you're left to rot in poverty, loneliness and misery. They have no conscience and are supported by their coven of westernized Nigerian-American witches wives (whom are mostly in the Nursing profession).

She probably destroyed his life and livelihood to the point of no return and the man probably thought 'fvck it, imma send this bitch back to the pit of hell she emerged from' . I can see he also tried to eliminate his (potential bastaard) children too cry

cheesy grin grin grin grin guy na wetin na grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by delishpot: 3:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

It's a free world sis.. undecided
women are free to take your "liberation" up a notch and start killing husbands for returning their useless wives back to their father's house. That's if una get mind lipsrsealed

This life Sha, so suddenly any wife sent packing must be a useless wife. The husband's are all saints and all wives who experience issues are the useless ones. Yet when same cup is used to measure for the man. It becomes a problem

grin I love how when the má is bears the brunt you start trying to gas light women but when a woman bears the brunt you start making excuses for the man. You are doing well my freaky freaky brother grin
The man that killed his wife was not practicing or enjoying the liberation he has been enjoying and defending since Adam bá? grin Na just the idea that women deserve liberation is your only problem. The concept or Idea that you can not control your wife like nkita is a big no no for you. It's alright

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by SamNaijaboy: 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
Court will jail you for that oh

jedisco:

Why can't such men liquidate their properties, send it back home and then divorce their wives? Hehe
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by nonut: 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:
oh shush. Without even knowing what happened you’ve left the obvious killer to blame his wife undecided
From the story, you can deduce what truly happened.
The woman cheated on him and had kids with another man.
He found out, confronted her and the silly woman probably felt it was nothing.
He gave her a nice head shot to keep her pants on, in her next life.

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Sixfeetbelle: 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
Is it only me that thinks this a case of misunderstanding gone wrong?

Wife wants a divorce for whatever reason, says she'll take the kids as well. Husband doesn't want that (to save face probably), an argument ensues and voila, the man snaps. A similar case of "If I can't have you, no one can"?

Of course the narrative that he killed her because he found out the wife cheated on him and that the kids aren't his seems to suit the Nigerian males on nairaland more.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by DexterousOne(m): 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
jedisco:

Sadly, that has been a recurring thing. Established Nigerian men in the U.S divorcing their white wives to come back and marry.

These are folks that have been there for years with experience. There's definitely something driving it.
It depends on the person
Each individual with his own circumstance

Some men are married to their foreign wives and have cut ties with Nigeria kpata kpata

Some married foreign wives and it did not work out due to no fault of theirs, but divergence of goals
Hence their remarriage
Evry one should assess his situation honestly
And then make their choices

But what I have come to know
Women are women
There is nothing special in a white woman
Nothing special in a black woman either
Make your choice as a man
And live with it

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by genq(m): 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
Arsenate:
Cococandy and Pocohantas are rattled. Me likey. grin

I'm enjoying how they're desperately consoling themselves grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
jedisco:

I have enough people in the diaspora around me. I asked someone straight up once, why did you come back? He said, “it is sweet at first, they know how to do love. You people will look cute- interracial couple. Then that begins to wear off. The reality of the differences in your mindsets, beliefs and ideologies would begin to set in.

I am not saying there are no Nigerian women that would get there and turn to something else, but our men are not entirely blameless. They should stop acting perfect. After all, their marriages with foreign women do not last either. Neither do they behave the Nigerian way around her.

BRATISLAVA:

You, delish, Coco and some others are really giving them the hot facts they can never address. They always want foreign women and are ready to be slaves to them, but if they see a Nigerian woman they return to beast mode. Later they will say team foreign women. As if foreign women are attracted to them without them luring her by being a slave to her.

Na empty coconut heads. They sha know the reality, they are stuck with us. As them like this marriage reach, they should behave well, make all of us enjoy am. cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jensinmi(m): 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
theemy:
This idea of bringing someone from naija to marry doesn’t often go well, marry someone from where u are Chilean.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
lightpurple:

Why would they treat the Nigerian men as trash if they are financially equal or God forbid oo, the men are financially superior to their wives? Your prayer is for God to give the men sense to be reasonable and wisedom to know that the wives are not their investment

Do you know the salary of a Doctor in the US and overseas? Why would he see his wife as an investment? He does not need the wife as an investment but as a companion.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by genq(m): 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
delishpot:

This life Sha, so suddenly any wife sent packing must be a senseless wife. The husband's are all saints and all wives who experience issues are the senseless ones grin I love how when the má is bears the brunt you start trying to gas light women but when a woman bears the brunt you start making excuses for the man. You are doing well my freaky freaky brother grin
The man that killed his wife was not practicing or enjoying the liberation he has been enjoying and defending since Adam bá? grin Na just say women no deserve liberation is you only problem.

Useless.

I said useless grin

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel: Aftermath Of The Sokoto Student's Lynching (Graphic Photo) / Sex With Dog: Kemi Olunloyo Exposes The Reason Behind It / Zimbabwean Prostitute Brings Juju Python To Court (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.