Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America - Crime (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America (98456 Views)

Man Shoots His Wife Dead In Nkporo, Abia. Youths Set Him Ablaze (graphic Photos) / John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja / Police Officer Shoots His Wife Dead In Ikoyi Prison Barracks, Kills Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Edusouls(m): 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
America is a terrible country to live in, I tell you brother that place is a living hell.. the devil himself resides in that nation, God has abandoned them entirely..
GayPontiff:
This is becoming a norm in The US.
That society is just not for thorough bred Africans.
The men who turn themselves in after killing their spouse don't even show any remorse. Only God knows how unbearable what happened that made this man want to kill his family n off himself too.

You can be thrown outta your house for just raising ur voice at your wife.
Our women embrace this new found independence that makes the man seem incapable of playing the role he has always known.

Most cases, these men sacrifice everything to bring their women over and still lose it all.
Not siding these men or encouraging they go on killing rampage, but the death tolls r increasing and these women need to slow down a bit.

My drunkard uncle lost custody of his kids many years ago, he doesn't drink anymore, moved on and remarried..but just like that he can't even go close to his kids anymore. First wife stripped him of everything and is even sleeping around with younger boys. Aunty never contributed to his wealth by the way. She was also brought to come and study and from there she got married to my uncle.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
Vinesee:
90% of marital failures are orchestrated by women. Look at home's where women are honest , loyal and supportive, that home always thrives . Many a times women 60% good behaviors makes best of men's 90% bad behavior. We just pray for our own wife's and not someone else.
you sound like marriage rests on a woman. Aren't men heads of the home again? Or you need women to blame for your failure? So men are entitled to 90% bad behavior and the woman should put up with it? Lol. You're funny.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
No that’s not my point. my point is not that the money is easy to throw away. Or that it means nothing. Please don’t misunderstand me.

My point is that if we make marriage about that specific aspect (he paid her this and that), isn’t it then easy to say that once she paid it back she’s free to do as she pleases with him? Think about it.

Instead of preaching love and real heartfelt togetherness, we are championing a master servant dynamic that is based on “he paid for this so he owns you”. You realize that doesn’t favor your argument. Because once she’s paid back, what else does he have to say?

SamNaijaboy:
You are talking after the fact. Why cant the wife pay for her own things by herself?
Amy assurance she will get student visa?
Let the woman figure all these out and we meet after she has got her green card after 7 years of working hard for her employer after great grades in University and we can then talk. But you need my help and money and then talking about paying me back? Am I a bank? She doesn't know her way to UBA to borrow the "small" thousands of dollars?
Let's face it visa is a big deal. Many even have the funds and have been denied severally. You are given green card on a platter and you are talking what?
LOL. Guys this is how they minimize what is a big deal. Do it yourself if it is easy now? There is one girl I know that has been trying to do GMAT to the US for 5 years now. Everytime her score is always really poor. So she can't even get good grades. E easy?

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by SamNaijaboy: 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
That is the point. Nigerian society expects men to care for their wives. How many here shout "I want a husband like that" when a man buys his wife a car in Nigeria?
Same thing, a husband wants to care for his wife and brings her over and helps her get to her feet abroad. The only difference is that Nigerian society prevents the women from showing their real colors-ungrateful, greedy and transactional.
Abroad, they can show that and get away with it clean

BRATISLAVA:

Did wife hold a gun to husbands head to pay for any of these things? So why acting like it was forceful?

5 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
aribisala0:

You have visite Indra Nooyi's family to conduct research?

Help us ask him? They see what they want to see. No facts, just assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
Oshey detective grin
nonut:

From the story, you can deduce what truly happened.
The woman cheated on him and had kids with another man.
He found out, confronted her and the silly woman probably felt it was nothing.
He gave her a nice head shot to keep her pants on, in her next life.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

Yes men are 'wailing' and women are getting killed!

What a win for feminism!! grin

The man is dead too, did I miss something?

He should have stayed alive na. Make one redpill lawyer go defend am and blame feminism. Lol!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by HisMajesty1(m): 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
jedisco:

Why can't such men liquidate their properties, send it back home and then divorce their wives? Hehe
Haba!! What do you call the women whom I said tutor them, idiots? They will layout all the man's possible moves and counter strategies to prevent it to his frustration and calamity. See there is a very big and established network of these 'old hags' as my uncle derogatorily refer to them who put new 'naive' migrant women through on the way to go. They have connections to powerful and experienced lawyers who specialize in divorce cases of immigrants in the US. Do some research on what I've just told you... You'll be bewildered!

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 4:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
SamNaijaboy:
That is the point. Nigerian society expects men to care for their wives. How many here shout "I want a husband like that" when a man buys his wife a car in Nigeria?
Same thing, a husband wants to care for his wife and brings her over and helps her get to her feet abroad. The only difference is that Nigerian society prevents the women from showing their real colors-ungrateful, greedy and transactional.
Abroad, they can show that and get away with it clean

I repeat: did anyone hold a gun to his head to provide those things?

Abroad, men are made to treat women like human beings with brains, and that is what Nigerian men can't stand. You want white women because they are free, but want to enslave yours because you need a slave.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by delishpot: 4:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

Useless.

I said useless grin

Abegi, these childish tantrums Don tire me. I fixed it a long time ago.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 4:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:
Indra Nooyi is the CEO of Pepsi.
An Indian woman.

Dem no born am well make she misbehave for house.

The same goes for CEOs of many Fortune 500 companies headed by Indian women.

Women with sense. Women of timber and calibre.

While a Nigerian Nurse earning small dollars would become more feminist than Hilary Clinton.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is a very successful Nigerian lady.

We are yet to hear a scandal from her home.

This is all relative.

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Frustrated007: 4:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
if only the poor doctor knew that he just signed his death certificate the day he married that useless creature.
I'm sure he wouldn't have married "it"
ThePlainTruth:

Do you know the salary of a Doctor in the US and overseas? Why would he see his wife as an investment? He does not need the wife as an investment but as a companion.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Magnoliaa(f): 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

First, it was 'stop seeing your girlfriend as investments', now the preaching has turned to wife.

Sha, everybody will be alright las las

Me, I am waiting for when they'll find Their Way to Mars. That's where they came from after all.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by CSTRR: 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
rusher14:

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is very successful Nigerian lady.

We are yet to hear a scandal from her home.

This is all relative.
She is part of the ever dwindling exceptions.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by delishpot: 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
if only the poor doctor knew that he just signed his death certificate the day he married that useless creature.

Living out your NL username grin

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by angelfallz(m): 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:
But you are wink

Where's your counter argument? I posted links to support my argument.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Midas01: 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
Pray you learn to be faithful over your dead body too.
Hedonini:
It keeps happening, but women would never learn. After all, they can only be reasonable, submissive and level-headed wives 'over their dead bodies'. So shall it be, then.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by LONGPREEK(m): 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
rusher14:

You'll end up avoiding dropping the soap for a long time.
english please
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by CSTRR: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Do you live with the aforementioned woman? You have access to her private life? Or you hate anything to do with women so much that you've become adept at fantasy themed fiction like what you just typed out?
Clown.

I love women. I am a lover of women.

Don't bring that nonsense near me.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:

True talk bro
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by sakssey23: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
pipz:

Lol! I’m a Nigerian married to a Nurse and living in Texas. Reading this thread together with my wife. I looked at her after this comment and we both burSt out laughing. We are blessed and covered by the blood of Jesus, no evil shall prevail over our lives nor any more persons. We won’t hear these kinds of news again in Jesus name. May the Lord console this family and keep the kids under his grace. Amen

So question to you pipz...

Is this subject matter (murdering of spouses - nurses) actually true or it's all fallacy?
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by lightpurple: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
ThePlainTruth:

Do you know the salary of a Doctor in the US and overseas? Why would he see his wife as an investment? He does not need the wife as an investment but as a companion.
There was no mention that he is a medical doctor, or that he practiced medicine in the US. And my statement is not isolated to this case, this is what we see in Nigerian couple everyday
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
Yankee101:
If you must marry a naija babe here, infact any babe here she must bring in 50 50 or more self, if not they can switch on you and take everything

Imagine, Kobe Bryant is dead and his wife inherits everything

The parents that paid for his Jordans, training, feeding, boarding and upbringing get nothing, except at the mercy of the wife. And the dad did not attend his wedding cos he felt it was a wrong choice.

Ask yourself why do successful naija men shoot their wives here. Cos she wants to take everything. Reduce his 30 years of hustle to nothing. Imagine having millions, after a divorce she take the biggest house, cars and all the children. Abeg where do you start? For some men, sometimes it's not even the money. The woman will turn the kids against him and take sole custody.

Where do you begin at 40, 50 or 60?

Does not justify the killing of course.

Stop going to naija just to pick a wife if your sole motive is cooking, cleaning, sex and obedience. It will fade away once she discovers her freedoms here. But marry an independent woman, an equal, from anywhere at anytime and it won't matter.

Imagine marrying a judge, doctor or lawyer who cooks for you and the children amd still cleans the house. That's sexy as fvck. Plus even if she wants to divorce, she's probably as rich as you or close. So no hard feelings. If you share your joint property you still get to keep yours.

If Kobe Bryant so loved his family, he had the option of putting that in his will or even pumping them with cash whilst he was alive.

Stop demonising the women.

6 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:
Why don’t these suicidal/murdering spouses just kill themselves instead of looking for who will die with them. I’m sorry to say this happens more with men. Not just black men. White men too.
When they are tired of life, they want to end their lives but can’t just go by themselves. They try to take their wives and kids with them.
Are you married?
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by DexterousOne(m): 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Nah, they don’t at all. That is why we never see much of those couples in old age.

Do you have any uncle or any man in your village with an equally old foreign wife? Makes me wonder at what point these foreign women realize they can’t cater to the whims and caprices of most Naija men.

Last last Naija man will be back home for the only woman that can tolerate his ever needy ego.

Agaracha must come back... grin

I actually have uncles married to foreign wives
And they are in old age

Though for those ones, they knew that they were not coming back to Nigeria anymore

The main problem is when the man has a long term plan of coming back to Nigeria
And the foreign wife is taking none of that

Even sometimes
Nigerian women dont even want to move back in old age
Its difficult settling back in a cesspool of misogyny after living decades in the west

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
calm down?!!
If you know wetin naija girls don show me ehnn.they deserve every evil that befalls them!!!

It has nothing to do with Nigerian girls. Ladies of every race can show you thesame pepper

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by 12inchess: 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
SamNaijaboy:
You are talking after the fact. Why cant the wife pay for her own things by herself?
Amy assurance she will get student visa?
Let the woman figure all these out and we meet after she has got her green card after 7 years of working hard for her employer after great grades in University and we can then talk. But you need my help and money and then talking about paying me back? Am I a bank? She doesn't know her way to UBA to borrow the "small" thousands of dollars?
Let's face it visa is a big deal. Many even have the funds and have been denied severally. You are given green card on a platter and you are talking what?
LOL. Guys this is how they minimize what is a big deal. Do it yourself if it is easy now? There is one girl I know that has been trying to do GMAT to the US for 5 years now. Everytime her score is always really poor. So she can't even get good grades. E easy?

Yes. I saw that and I must comment too. Any Nigerian man that is abroad trying to making things better for himself in a foreign country where he knows no one is FAR FROM LAZY. If he was lazy, he would have stayed back in Nigeria and accepted his fate. Most Nigerians abroad trying to make something of themselves are real strugglers. The whole Visa process and PR and navigating the system is not easy.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by CSTRR: 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
rusher14:

Hasty conclusion.

Doctor may have been experiencing psychological problems which in itself needs investigating.
If it was an isolated case, maybe.
Then, it could be argued that his psychological issues which he undoubtedly has, is from marital tensions at home.

Besides, It is becoming a case too many.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
BRATISLAVA:
you sound like marriage rests on a woman. Aren't men heads of the home again? Or you need women to blame for your failure? So men are entitled to 90% bad behavior and the woman should put up with it? Lol. You're funny.

The logical and superior gender is saying the success of the home rests on vagina people. Let’s not forget vagina people are emotional and fish brains.

Fish brains are somehow tasked with getting the best out of the logical gender.

E weak me. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jayaim: 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
Even our men. Nigerians generally are too lousy.They don't even hold doe like others
genq:

I already knew she had to be a Nurse.

Indian women are high earners - many are Doctors, Engineers, Business owners etc. - same with Chinese Women.

But you see Nigerian women, our money-miss-road Nigerian women, they will become Nurses, earning chicken feed compared to their Asain counterparts, but yet, we can't hear word again because she's now a demi-god! lipsrsealed
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
LONGPREEK:
english please
You do know what saying "don't drop the soap" means, don't you?
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by madridsta007(m): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

It's the same reason men will always cheat.

Married men cheating in the United States, United Kingdom, where they have pro-women laws is rare, my dear. Dont compare their cheating rate to Nigerian based men. They know the consequences if they cheat- the women will strip them of every single thing they've worked for.
Read the stories well. It is the women that most cheat. The men are working their butts off- that is the only thing they know how to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel: Aftermath Of The Sokoto Student's Lynching (Graphic Photo) / Sex With Dog: Kemi Olunloyo Exposes The Reason Behind It / Zimbabwean Prostitute Brings Juju Python To Court (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.