Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America - Crime (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America (98669 Views)

Man Shoots His Wife Dead In Nkporo, Abia. Youths Set Him Ablaze (graphic Photos) / John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja / Police Officer Shoots His Wife Dead In Ikoyi Prison Barracks, Kills Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by CSTRR: 4:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Oh, you didn't tell us you wanted slaves to scream at who won't report you, but you would never want to be screamed at yourself.

Ok, saint man, you're too misogynistic and entitled to hold meaningful discourse with. Go find an Asian slave, if she will fancy anigger.

Bye Felicia.
You quoted me first, I didn't.

Misogyny? Is that the New synonym for common sense.?

Piss off, clown.

See him mouth like misogyny.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 4:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
Midas01:
Have you ever heard that an indian, Chinese or Korean man went abroad and started treating his wife like a slave? Frolicking with everything on skirt and expecting the wife to swallow everything?

Your mumu knows no bounds.

They are praising Indian women, but behave like Nigerian men. Why can't they be like Asian men?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by nonut: 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:
Oshey detective grin
It's simple, you know that.
No man will shoot his kids, just because of a misunderstanding with his wife.
He found out that those kids weren't his and they probably knew this before him.
It takes a lot to raise a child and imagine doing that for 21 years, only for someone to tell you those kids don't belong to you.
It'll be a devastating blow to anyone.
Funny enough, In US, even if he's not the biological father of those kids, he'll still pay for child support.

He pays alimony to a cheating wife and child support to kids that are not his.
Abeg, I don't blame that man.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by genq(m): 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
Beremx:
So your mother always insult and challengeyour father? Please stop embarrassing yourself and your parents by painting Indian and Chinese women holy.
China and India have laws that protect their women while Nigerian women that challenge their men do not have laws that protect them?

Nonsense and ingredients

Nope. But I'm sure yours does wink

7 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
shagasha:
Na wah o... Only God knows what must have transpired between them
e no pass infidelity issues
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
rusher14:

I disagree.

Nigerian men are generally considered a good catch.

They are generally hardworking and caring even if philandering.

Agreed, a good percentage need re-orientation as regards modern rights for the women folk which is correct, there is no disproportionate statistic that suggests Nigerian men are more violent to their spouses than others.

You are right. Good catch would soon be back, na only good catch know wetin dey pursue am from im foreign princesses.

You probably generated the highlighted from wherever, no part of my post suggested that either.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by SamNaijaboy: 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
Okay oh,
Nigerian men in Nigeria, pls stop buying things for your wives oh grin cheesy
It is not by force oh!
Watch how the greed in Nigerian women will cause them to cheat in huge numbers if that happens.

Even in Nigeria, the wives, despite all the skewed spending on them by their husbands, once they are corporate women typically cheat a lot. When I was in Nigeria, I had at least 2 married women that were desperate to bleep me and I had to run for my young life (I was 21/22 then and they were in their 30s with serious jeeps provided for by their husbands) since I didn't want karma to deal with me later.

Long and short, I don't think Nigerian women are good partners mostly abroad or in Nigeria. But that's me. To each their own.

BRATISLAVA:

I repeat: did anyone hold a gun to his head to provide those things?

Abroad, men are made to treat women like human beings with brains, and that is what Nigerian men can't stand. You want white women because they are free, but want to enslave yours because you need a slave.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
12inchess:
There must be an association of evil nurses in that Texas. Like a Coven of some sort. Anytime we here of these stories, 9 out of 10, nurses are always involved. I know it was the man that did the murdering but in my opinion, something must have pushed him to the wall. If you're a Nigerian man married to a nurse in Texas, better watch your back. shocked
Almost all nurses in Nigeria go to Texas cos their requirements aren't that difficult as other states.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:

You quoted me first, I didn't.

Misogyny? Is that the New synonym for common sense.?

Piss off, clown.

See him mouth like misogyny.

Empty clown. You cannot answer simple questions.

You want an Asian woman but you cannot be an Asian man. Isn't that clownish? Is that your brand of common sense? Lol

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

Nope. But I'm sure yours does wink

Their mothers are always different.

grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by CSTRR: 4:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
Midas01:
Have you ever heard that an indian, Chinese or Korean man went abroad and started treating his wife like a slave? Frolicking with everything on skirt and expecting the wife to swallow everything?

Your mumu knows no bounds.
Lol.

Asians are more cultured than Nigerian abroad.
You have no clue.

There is nothing Nigerians do that they don't do.
All the domestic chores you do, they do it too.
Even more.

You call it slavery, they don't.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by hustla(m): 4:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dalil8:

Dem think say boyz come yankee come play lol

I love u no be for where my money dey oh.

Wait o

What if person don marry for naija
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 4:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

I have enough people in the diaspora around me. I asked someone straight up once, why did you come back? He said, “it is sweet at first, they know how to do love. You people will look cute- interracial couple. Then that begins to wear off. The reality of the differences in your mindsets, beliefs and ideologies would begin to set in.

I am not saying there are no Nigerian women that would get there and turn to something else, but our men are not entirely blameless. They should stop acting perfect. After all, their marriages with foreign women do not last either. Neither do they behave the Nigerian way around her.
cheesy

Apt.
It's what I'm trying to say.. It takes much more tgan love to live with someone peacefully for 30 years... Religion, ideologies, beliefs, food, background, friends, family e.t.c would always come up. When the only thing in common is love, then issues may crop up with time.

Someone mentioned Asians... I laugh.. Except the Asian was born in the West, or else you're looking at a union of people from two very conservative background but at extremes of tge spectrum... It's like mixing oil and water.

The divorce rate in the West is sky high already. And the typical Nigerian lady is more likely to persevere in a marriage than her western counterpart simply because of upbringing.

That said some ladies too are like chameleons.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by CSTRR: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
A dimwit is still quoting me even when I told him/her to piss off.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
jedisco:

Lol
Not to go ad hominen but it's obvious most of the guys complaining here have not lived in the West.

I'd say to dudes here, if you think an average Nigerian lady no dey hear word, try a proper English girl (in her prime) and you'd come running back... Many have towed that path and ran back

Totally, not to mention the elephant in the room, the wealth transfer that happens within inter racial relationship's.

The truth is western culture doesn't fit with african sensibilities, hence westerner's have more stable relationship's no matter which countries stats you check compared to say their black counterparts.

Eg a white woman can't break up with you because of child benefits, lone parent payments or having a bigger salary as they're well accustomed to it and have plenty of opportunity to thrive in their countries without over reliance, whereas this same conondrum is enough to seperate non indegenes, statistically black.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
SamNaijaboy:
Okay oh,
Nigerian men in Nigeria, pls stop buying things for your wives oh grin cheesy
It is not by force oh!
Watch how the greed in Nigerian women will cause them to cheat in huge numbers if that happens.

Even in Nigeria, the wives, despite all the skewed spending on them by their husbands, once they are corporate women typically cheat a lot. When I was in Nigeria, I had at least 2 married women that were desperate to bleep me and I had to run for my young life (I was 21/22 then and they were in their 30s with serious jeeps provided for by their husbands) since I didn't want karma to deal with me later.

Long and short, I don't think Nigerian women are good partners mostly abroad or in Nigeria. But that's me. To each their own.

You are right. Nigerian men are saints. They don't cheat. At all. Everything is done by women. Like how you sound? Unrealistic, right?

Nigerian men aren't good partners, except to people that have reverse Oedipus complexes. They think domination is all manhood is about. That is why foreign women behave better, because foreign men are better. The only time you guys behave is once you see a white woman. You are ready to lose your domination and illogic for that.

Since you demanded all women be productive, they have done so, in addition to everything else men think they should be doing. But only to produce money and men cry like castrated sea slugs.

The solution is simple: nobody held a gun to his head. So stop holding guns to women.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
Midas01:
Listen, you're wrong. Blacks are just 13% of the US population but commit over 50% of all murder and violent crimes in US and that's a fact.
No that’s a racist “fact”. Many black people in jail are innocent of their crimes. It’s going to be a bitch to go into that right now and it will cause me to digress.

There are no white neighborhoods in US like Detroit and Chicago where blacks live , eat and breath guns. Teenagers shooting each other over absolutely nothing.
there are many criminal white neighborhoods but not in the way the black ones are portrayed. They are big consumers of expensive drugs, live large and have the police protecting them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by madridsta007(m): 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
hammerDK:

ANY RIFF RAFF, YES, WE WILL GO WITH YOUR NARRATIVE.

THIS IS A DOCTOR, SOMEBODY WHOSE LIFE WORK IS TO SAVE LIFE.

ARE DOCTORS TRAINED TO BE IRRATIONAL?

OK.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by NoToPile: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
How a case of murder/suicide incident between a doctor husband and nurse wife spiralled to another woman bashing thread is what I am yet to understand.

There's nothing in the story to suggest a lot of posts I have read. The man obviously is not poor, he's a doctor and doesn't fit into the narrative of nurse wife making more money etc.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by madridsta007(m): 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

It is the same reason men cheat and brag about it.

And this assumption that men work so hard? Why does he need his wife's nurse salary if he's working so hard? Plenty male freeloaders. Once men can't make it, who else to blame but women? When they want to make it, it is still the woman that must do it.

Let us leave the gender stereotypes. Men aren't all that, and that is why you are openly looking for "productive" women, because women don't hide the help they give under the cover of respect anymore. Men working butts off indeed.

Ok.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

You are right. Good catch would soon be back, na only good catch know wetin dey pursue am from im foreign princesses.

You probably generated the highlighted from your head, no part of my post suggested that either.

Nigerian men marry their local women, the foreign women they come across, some separate some live happily ever after.

You have attempted to debase the Nigerian male by your response and my pointing to the fact that there's no statistics which suggest disproportionate domestic violence amongst Nigerian men aligns with the tone of this thread.

Stop demonising Nigerian men.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Dalil8: 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
hustla:

Wait o

What if person don marry for naija

Leave am for naija na, abi u still dey find extra baggage?

No be hussle carry u go there?
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Frustrated007: 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
lmao see this cumrag!
You seriously think black men are undesirable? lmao.
It's actually the other way round lmao grin
Black women are the least desirable of all the races lmao.
You can Google it.. little negress.
You will find alot of academic material showing just how despicable most males find your kind.
Even black males grin

Even Nicki Minaj acknowledged what I just said in one of her songs
BRATISLAVA:

Oh, you didn't tell us you wanted slaves to scream at who won't report you, but you would never want to be screamed at yourself. Is that the famed male logic?

Ok, saint man, you're too misogynistic and entitled to hold meaningful discourse with. Go find an Asian slave, if she will fancy anigger.

Bye Felicia.

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by angelfallz(m): 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:

Two personal opinion pieces written by people who are airing their opinions are not statistical data to prove any point. My Gosh, do you know how evidence works do you?. And you also have the nerve to expect a counter argument from me.

Do you want me to give you a link of my opinion on a topic in the past as evidence of something I’m talking about today? I mean since there’s a “link”, it must be fact right? grin

grin you have nothing to say, you're just trying to sound smart

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
jedisco:

Hehe... Also a good number of Nigerian men who initially married from other cultures most times end up looking for a Nigerian lady.

many who do such do it because they get pressured by their nigerian parents back home to get a nigerian wife because they feel the foreign wife is not woman enough for their son overseas.If the man is weak he bows down to their parents pressure.If u happy and satisfied with ur foreign wife i dont see any reason going back to nigeria looking for a nigerian wife.Many of them who do so do it out of pressure from parents.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
NoToPile:
How a case of murder/suicide incident between a doctor husband and nurse wife spiralled to another woman bashing thread is what I am yet to understand.

There's nothing in the story to suggest a lot of posts I have read. The man obviously is not poor, he's a doctor and doesn't fit into the narrative of nurse wife making more money etc.

If it bashes women and perpetuates the male hate for women, be rest assured it will end up on FP. And you will have pages of men saying all manner of things against women and feeling good. If there woman is dead, they are happiest. The first 4 pages are disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by aribisala0(m): 4:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
Midas01:
Listen, you're wrong. Blacks are just 13% of the US population but commit over 50% of all murder and violent crimes in US and that's a fact.

There are no white neighborhoods in US like Detroit and Chicago where blacks live , eat and breath guns. Teenagers shooting each other over absolutely nothing.
This particular "statistic" does not address the question of "who is killing who?" It is tangential
The point was whether or not white people kill white people in a similar proportion.
Black people kill themselves mostly just like white people kill themselves mostly and the rates of intraracial homicide are statistically similar
Over 80% of homicides involving black victims are perpetrated by blacks this is similarly true for white people

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
Zooposki:

But he also tried killing both his 21year old sons. What was their crime?
It could be paternity issue
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
lmao see this cumrag!
You seriously think black men are undesirable? lmao.
It's actually the other way round lmao grin
Black women are the least desirable of all the races lmao.
You can Google it.. little negress.
You will find alot of academic material showing just how despicable most males find your kind.
Even black males grin

Black men are the bottom of the food chain world wide. Black women rate better. Black men can only speak to sagging white women with children older than themselves, as you can see on the news everyday.

Even black women find black men despicable. Where can one start from? Your logic? Or your disgusting mindsets?

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
rusher14:

Nigerian men marry their local women, the foreign women they come across, some separate some live happily ever after.

You have attempted to debase the Nigerian male by your response and my pointing to the fact that there's no statistics which suggest disproportionate domestic violence amongst Nigerian men aligns with the tone of this thread.

Stop demonising Nigerian men.

They have demonized themselves. Very soon, many foreign countries would stop us from coming there- courtesy, actions of the “the catch”.

Majority separate. Few live happily ever after.

The reason Nigerian men are crying over the increasing divorce rate in Nigeria and blaming it on feminism is because this is where they can hook a woman for life. If they could easily get a foreign woman that will submit to them for life, they wouldn’t be crying more than the supposed bereaved. Naija men should be humble, they need this peace more than us sef. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Dalil8: 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Black men are the bottom of the food chain world wide. Black women rate better. Black men can only speak to sagging white women with children older than themselves, as you can see on the news everyday.

Even black women find black men despicable. Where can one start from? Your logic? Or your disgusting mindsets?

Buahahahaahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy

I almost choked with laughter, black women rate better indeed.
cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Martinez39s(m): 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
Plut01:
I sympathise with your bro.

I still believe no woman can try such with me and live. Not even her family down in Nigeria will survive it.

I worked my ass off to make things work, you now want to claim everything that I worked for just because you found yourself in a feminine biased society.

Dem no born the lady.
It's not by making mouth. Don't just get married over there bro. Your life is not worth the unavoidable chaos and toxicity that a wife over there will give you. If you kill her, you either go to jail or kill yourself; there will be no hiding spot for you. Save yourself the stress and stay single for life.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy Runs Mad In Aba, Fetish Items Found In His Car (Video) / The Unvarnished Truth About Money Ritual / Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.