Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America - Crime (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America (98619 Views)

Man Shoots His Wife Dead In Nkporo, Abia. Youths Set Him Ablaze (graphic Photos) / John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja / Police Officer Shoots His Wife Dead In Ikoyi Prison Barracks, Kills Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2020

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by genq(m): 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
Beremx:
[s]Good!! Then stop writing nonsense which still points finger at your upbringing.

Thanks[/s]

I expected nothing less cheesy
It is well with your soul.

.. as for the other cretin quoting me, you will quote me taya. ! grin Better go re-activate your Breaststroke moniker so we can continue our tango wink

8 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by kowalsky: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
hustla:

Best thing is Prenup tbh

It's to avoid plenty shalaye in the future

Prenup won't save you when your spouse is determined to wreck you. Best thing is don't get married at all.

If you must have kids adopt a baby or get a surrogate mother/father.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

I already knew she had to be a Nurse.

Indian women are high earners - many are Doctors, Engineers, Business owners etc. - same with Chinese Women.

But you see Nigerian women, our money-miss-road Nigerian women, they will become Nurses, earning chicken feed compared to their Asain counterparts, but yet, we can't hear word again because she's now a demi-god! lipsrsealed
indians kill themselves in the US too.Havent u heard of honour killings where parents murder their dauthers if she dares marries from a different religion or group.They say its a dishonour to their heritage.There was a story i watched on investigative discovery where an angry iraqi man ..an immigrant in the US ran his own dauther over with his SUV cos she dared to date a kurdish man.

8 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Frustrated007: 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
oga she started it and I only gave her a piece of me.
The other guy couldn't structure really painful words to put her in her place.reason why I chipped in.

Now regarding that assumption about Nigerian men underperforming in various western countries.. you are actually wrong!
Nigerian guys are really giving other migrants a run for their money in most western countries.
From law to entertainment, to politics etc.
Did you know that the owner of the popular YouTube channel coldfusion is a Nigerian!?
Get your stats right bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaG92TG2skI
https://www.ozy.com/around-the-world/the-most-successful-ethnic-group-in-the-u-s-may-surprise-you/86885/
jedisco:

You don't need to go that low..
Man or woman, we as nigerians all share a common genetic and environmental pool so one sex cannot be bright and the other sex dull.
That said, Nigerians in the West are generally in the bottom earning group.
You put down a Nigerian woman, you are also putting yourself down

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by sonnie10: 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
How I wish the gender of those commenting on here is not shown. It would be good to read them without gender bias

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Timetravel88: 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
jedisco:

Hehe... It's not just a Nigerian woman thing
Blacks in the West are underrepresented in the higher paying fields. A good majority of those nurses earn higher than their husbands and finance the home.

Nigerian ladies can push it but same also the men. If a man's reason for marrying a Nigerian lady and bringing her to the West was so she would be at his beck and call and do as he pleases then he's better of marrying a White and seeing how much of those she'd tolerate.

There are alot of happily married Nigerians abroad (seemingly). My point is that it goes both ways.
This has become a western societal issue because of the lopsided advantages women get from state law. Even rich white men are also on the list of the "wife killing spree" infested in most homes. Theirs is just under reported on Nairaland because they aren't Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:

But they do.
They send them to school so that they can fit in.
But at the same time give their husbands a feel of where they are coming from.
That's why they spend all that money to import from Nigeria.

If a Nigerian wife can not offer Culture with a touch of liberalism, then there is no point wasting all that money and time.

It is better to look for a sensible white Woman there and go full scale liberal.

You can't marry a Nigerian woman and then she can't act differently from a white woman.

Just like you said, What is the point?

Toh... Finally we're saying same thing.

If you want a cultural marriage with a touch of liberalism (like most would) best bet is still a Nigerian lady. If you want to go liberal, go White.

Even for the Nigerian ladies, their best bet of having a stable long-term relationship is also with a Nigerian man. They know this and the singles ones in the West are very happy to make contact with the few eligible males there. They also understand the dilemma.

Most times, you have to make a compromise and hope you get the right partner irrespective of race.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Dalil8: 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
kowalsky:

Prenup won't save you when your spouse is determined to wreck you. Best thing is don't get married at all.

Nice one! I hope they'll listen.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by genq(m): 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
lefulefu:
indians kill themselves in the US too.Havent u heard of honour killings where parents murder their dauthers if she dares marries from a different religion or group.They say its a dishonour to their heritage.There was a story i watched on investigative discovery where an angry iraqi man ..an immigrant in the US ran his own dauther over with his SUV cos she dared to date a kurdish man.

Totally off topic bro. But yeah, it happens.

5 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Feminism destroyed family system, that is why black men are doing drugs, violence, gang wars...etc.

What else would the black man blame on feminism? His erectile dysfunction I suppose. grin

Seriously go do some serious research.

I'm not here to bash women.

Check divorce rates before black American females adopted feminism and how everything went down hill from there.

They cut the check, kicked the father's out and the result is what we have today, something that they could have avoided if they had any brains .

I'll keep saying it, feminism doesn't fit with the African cultural framework.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Magnoliaa(f): 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
lefulefu:
e no pass infidelity or issues over disrespect

What if it's not?

I'm looking forward to the outcome of the investigation, sha.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

They have demonized themselves. Very soon, many foreign countries would stop us from coming there- courtesy, actions of the “the catch”.

Majority separate. Few live happily ever after.

The reason Nigerian men are crying over the increasing divorce rate in Nigeria and blaming it on feminism is because this is where they can hook a woman for life. If they could easily get a foreign woman that will submit to them for life, they wouldn’t be crying more than the supposed bereaved. Naija men should be humble, they need this peace more than us sef. grin

No country would ban Nigerians from entry in their territory.

I don't know where you get your ideas from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by RedPanthar: 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
[sub][/sub]
pipz:

Lol! I’m a Nigerian married to a Nurse and living in Texas. Reading this thread together with my wife. I looked at her after this comment and we both burSt out laughing. We are blessed and covered by the blood of Jesus, no evil shall prevail over our lives nor any more persons. We won’t hear these kinds of news again in Jesus name. May the Lord console this family and keep the kids under his grace. Amen

Lol
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Timetravel88: 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
kowalsky:

In Canada Prenup wont save you either, once you live with a woman for over 2 years the law recognizes you as being married.
There's a trend now, they dont marry or even live together anymore. This has led to low birthrate also a reason why Canada relies heavily on immigration to replenish the birth gap.
They ruined everything the minute they turned marriage on its head.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
jajeri3216:

Seriously go do some serious research.

I'm not here to bash women.

Check divorce rates before black American females adopted feminism and how everything went down hill from there.

They cut the check, kicked the father's out and the result is what we have today, something that they could have avoided if they had any brains .

I'll keep saying it, feminism doesn't fit with the African cultural framework.

Then something is wrong with your African framework. Anyway, the whites cried more than this wayback. I am sure they look at us and convince themselves we should never have been granted independence.

Una go dey alright.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Martinez39s(m): 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
Plut01:
You're right you know.

I put it that way using other the guy I quoted as a case. If I was to be the one, I mean worked till that age and then one lady that I brought to the state starts harassing me.

Bro, I will sure find a way to make her visit Naija even if for a day. That would be the last time she would walk.

My take.
grin Women are smarter than that. Once they established their feet on that foreign soil and start misbehaving, they will never come back to Nigeria because they know it's a trick their husbands will come up with to offload them. While men operate from a position of love and sacrifice, women operate from a position of power play and brutal opportunism. Women study the system and make their calculation carefully. They know their leverage and power, and they are careful not to lose them.

Don't risk it or think you can play the system bro, you will fail bitterly. Many men thought they could outsmart the system, and they failed woefully. Dr Dre, despite all his smart moves, has just surrendered in his divorce battle and is willing to pay his wife what she wants... that's after paying over a million in he and his wife's attorney fees.

It's not a must to marry and have children. Your peace of mind and happiness are of utmost importance. Stay safe and don't roll the dice. Their is no nawalt anywhere bro.

Yamiriflathead, take over.

6 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by britiko: 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
Saao:
maybe the boys gather to fight him in solidarity with their mum. What most men goes through in the hands of women, is only God that knows.

I'm not sure what transpired. Whatever the case, marriage is not a do or die affair. We need to learn to LEAVE toxic relationships to LIVE another day!!!
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by SamNaijaboy: 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
I adore and date beautiful women period.
I remember the last two black women I tried to date before this latina doctor. One a Nigerian, one from East Africa, both smashingly cute.
One left me outside (claimed to have slept off with zero apologies) when I picked her up 40 mins late for dinner date (even though I was sharing my ETA with her on Apple Maps and I had let her know I would be late in the afternoon prior) and the other acted like she is the most busy doctor in the world.
They want you to prove something (who has time)
Sharperly, I found a woman who doesn't play games and is as beautiful or more.
Now the Nigerian doctor is calling me and was surprised to know I now have a girlfriend.

Not generalizing, but if you are a guy man, you treat all the same. Otherwise that is racism. I originally would have preferred a Nigerian, but now I think NOT.

BRATISLAVA:

When you're dating white skinned women, you go out of your way to please them and act nice. Once you see black skin, you remember you're a man. Seen it a billion times. White men are always going to be better than black men because they treat you like a person and not a conquest or thing to lord over. The black mindset has been damaged toward black women.

Every Nigerian man on this forum claims to have been respected by white girls, but he never respects black girls in the first place, and we all know respect is reciprocal. Treat any white women with the exact cultural expectations and exact attitude you would use on a girl you brought from Nigeria, then tell us the same thing.

Tired of the claim that they are respectful. Treat them same way first. We all know you adore foreign women so you will treat them well. Same cannot be said for Nigerian women.

5 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by emmaodet: 5:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
Martinez39s:
It's not by making mouth. Don't just get married over there bro. Your life is not worth the unavoidable chaos and toxicity that a wife over there will give you. If you kill her, you either go to jail or kill yourself; there will be no hiding spot for you. Save yourself the stress and stay single for life.
I don't know why the average man is conditioned to marry even when it is glaring that marriage on average favours women than men and you will have to slave all your life to keep your wife amd kids happy else they will spit you out and leave you cold in the desert.
Most of the things we think we want to get from marriage can be gotten oit side marriage too.
Funny enough, if not for poverty, the average women is not interested in the so called marriage and will eagerly pull oit. It is evident - go to divorce court, 80% of people filling for divorce are women.
We have a large number of single ladies living alone over the world, single landladies in virtually every city without plan of remarrying, even a lot of financially stable widows don't remarry but the average widower, young man who just got a job etc are all eager to keep a woman at home.
I think something is wrong somewhere

7 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by mmsen: 5:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
oz4real83:
what will u say about Americans or other Caucasians who have also done the same thing? Will u say America was not for them? Humans are the same everywhere, we have the good and the bad in every ethnic group and we all react either positively or negatively to issues. Let's learn to avoid being tribalistic in issues.

It's definitely the same thing. America is a very violent, uncaring society. That is why it has such appalling socio-economic indices when compared with other industrialized nations. There's something very wrong there. It has nothing to do with ethnicity and everything to do with the environment, which is why I tell those who wish to speak ill of African-Americans to be quiet. You don't know what those people have suffered and continue to suffer.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Plut01: 5:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
Martinez39s:
grin Women are smarter than that. Once they established their feet on that foreign soil and start misbehaving, they will never come back to Nigeria because they know it's a trick their husbands will come up with to offload them. While men operate from a position of love and sacrifice, women operate from a position of power play and brutal opportunism. Women study the system and make their calculation carefully. They know their leverage and power, and they are careful not to lose them.

Don't risk it or think you can play the system bro, you will fail bitterly. Many men thought they could outsmart the system, and they failed woefully. Dr Dre, despite all his smart moves, has just surrendered in his divorce battle and is willing to pay his wife what she wants... that's after paying over a million in he and his wife's attorney fees.

It's not a must to marry and have children. Your peace of mind and happiness are of utmost importance. Stay safe and don't roll the dice. Their is no nawalt anywhere bro.

Yamiriflathead, take over.

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
emmaodet:

I don't know why the average man is conditioned to marry even when it is glaring that marriage on average favours women than men and you will have to slave all your life to keep your wife amd kids happy else they will spit you out and leave you cold in the desert.
Most of the things we think we want to get from marriage can be gotten oit side marriage too.
Funny enough, if not for poverty, the average women is not interested in the so called marriage and will eagerly pull oit. It is evident - go to divorce court, 80% of people filling for divorce are women.
We have a large number of single ladies living alone over the world, single landladies in virtually every city without plan of remarrying, even a lot of financially stable widows don't remarry but the average widower, young man who just got a job etc are all eager to keep a woman at home.

Says a “happily married man” who probably gave his wife money to shop this weekend.

You have to love Nairaland. grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by portplus: 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
rusher14:

And we've quickly concluded she's the reason?

Did you listen to the man's comments on the clip?
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by SamNaijaboy: 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
It's the sex and religious houses.
People want guilt free sex and want to raise the kids like they were raised.
Guess what? Single people have more sex than married folks on average and you don't even get to see the kids if she divorces you, LOL

emmaodet:

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BRATISLAVA: 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
SamNaijaboy:
I adore and date beautiful women period.
I remember the last two black women I tried to date before this latina doctor. One a Nigerian, one from East Africa, both smashingly cute.
One left me outside (claimed to have slept off with zero apologies) when I picked her up 40 mins late for dinner date (even though I was sharing my ETA with her on Apple Maps and I had let her know I would be late in the afternoon prior) and the other acted like she is the most busy doctor in the world.
They want you to prove something (who has time)
Sharperly, I found a woman who doesn't play games and is as beautiful or more.
Now the Nigerian doctor is calling me and was surprised to know I now have a girlfriend.

Not generalizing, but if you are a guy man, you treat all the same. Otherwise that is racism. I originally would have preferred a Nigerian, but now I think NOT.

Every man on this forum has lived in 50 countries(not being sarcastic, actually seen it a lot, no foreign based Nigerian women at all at all, or maybe they aren't on hate speech sprees) and dated all the women in the world(seen this too many times), but none of them will admit that they treated Nigerian ladies worse off than they treated any other nationality.

And all will claim they are highly desirable. It's like nothing goes wrong with them once they're Nigerian men. Women swooning left and right.

Not saying you're not saying the truth wink, but heard it so much and yet the facts remain glaring: Nigerian men change for foreign women.
You cannot keep your old Nigerian mindset with any foreign women, except she's a prostitute or scum wherever she's from. Therefore, you must be treating them better because they aren't Nigerian and you know they will reject those caveman Nigerian men things.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
Magnoliaa:

What if it's not?

I'm looking forward to the outcome of the investigation, sha.
the only thing that would make a man strangle his own wife and shoot his own kids wouldnt be more than infidelity or maybe issues of disagreement of divorce but again in divorce disagreement u wont be attacking ur own kids.
also it cant be money cos money would never make u take take blood in ur own hands and besides he"s a doctor so he cant be broke
Almost all the stories we have heard of nigerian men killing their wives when investigated has always been infidelity and divorce issues.Personally to me i believe some of these men should take the blame.If u marry a woman in the US there with u she would be more understanding even if she is not hundred percent submissive than u going back to nigeria to pick a total stranger who doesnt love u and who only agrees to ur proposal cos she sees u as her chance to get to the US.So why wont such a lady misbehave and disrespect u.There was a story i shared here sometime ago about a friend to my aunty.Her first dauther just got married to a nigerian man based in the UK.They met on facebook.This lady is very beautiful and would be in her late 20s or early 30s but if u see the man he is quite older and looks like he is in his late 60s or maybe mid 70s.Now if this lady starts cheating on him we go dey hear another story.So most times the men know what they getting into but still dip their head inside.

6 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 5:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
oga she started it and I only gave her a piece of me.
The other guy couldn't structure really painful words to put her in her place.reason why I chipped in.

Now regarding that assumption about Nigerian men underperforming in various western countries.. you are actually wrong!
Nigerian guys are really giving other migrants a run for their money in most western countries.
From law to entertainment, to politics etc.
Did you know that the owner of the popular YouTube channel coldfusion is a Nigerian!?
Get your stats right bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaG92TG2skI
https://www.ozy.com/around-the-world/the-most-successful-ethnic-group-in-the-u-s-may-surprise-you/86885/

We're in this together. Male or female. It's a known fact that blacks are underrepresented in the top echelons of the Western society.
We don't need statistics to tell us. Look around the West, Asians generally are in a higher earning group. I am not talking about one or two high outsiders.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Ishilove: 5:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
Disgusting comments on this thread made by some Nigerian males suffering severe inferiority complex. They have mostly assumed that the woman is to be blamed for this horrible tragedy despite not having any fact or information as to probable cause. They come online to vent their frustrations on the womenfolk instead of dealing with the powers of their father's house who have eaten their virtues and destinies.

Pathetic, miserable creatures. I spit on your coconut heads!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Magnoliaa(f): 5:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dalil8:

Buahahahaahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy

I almost choked with laughter, black women rate better indeed.
cheesy

Two questions:

1.) Are black men above black women? If yes, do you see the importance of feminism for them then as women are on the lowest rung?

If no:

2.) Are black women above black men? If yes, will you agree that black women are succeeding and are more desirable than black men then?
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by portplus: 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
I fear some women on this thread oooOOOOO.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
Timetravel88:

This has become a western societal issue because of the lopsided advantages women get from state law. Even rich white men are also on the list of the "wife killing spree" infested in most homes. Theirs is just under reported on Nairaland because they aren't Nigerians.

Perhaps... But we shouldn't make it a Nigerian thing.

For a Nigerian man in the West, you're not much likely to get a better deal elsewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply)

Why I Slept With My Friend’s Teenage Daughter – UNILAG Lecturer. Picture. / Female One-Chance Robber Caught On Benin-Auchi Road Along With Her Gang Members / The Unvarnished Truth About Money Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.