Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America - Crime (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America (98722 Views)

Man Shoots His Wife Dead In Nkporo, Abia. Youths Set Him Ablaze (graphic Photos) / John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja / Police Officer Shoots His Wife Dead In Ikoyi Prison Barracks, Kills Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by LoveJesus87(m): 6:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
hustla:

E full Google bro but basically na say, if we divorce, we go go our seperate ways with no yeye sharing of property or wealth

Na wetin you bring come u go waka go with unless una buy property together with una name for the document

So u no go fit Pursue me for house wey I build

grin
Lol. Baddest grin way to go. Na im sure pass. Any lady wey no ready to do prenup can shift her gear to gear 3 because she never reach where she dey go.

Sefini grin

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
emmaodet:

grin grin grin

Poco, you got me there.

You know sometimes, a social media like NL is a place you can say what is in your mind without fearing.
Tbh, i love marriage but sometimes the financial draining gets on my skin.
If i have a wish, i really wish to rewind the hand of time and go back to last 10 years to become single again but this time with the plan of enjoying my bachelorhood to the fullest for about 13-15 years before marrying in my early 40's but in my case, i got a job and after 3 years ... Booomm!!!! I don go marry my so called heartthrob.
Another thing is the constant nagging of you women Poco, money no dey reach una..haba
Gave madam close to 300k this month for upkeep and xmas cloth for she and the kids yet already complaining she is broke, managing mode and needs more support.... Damn!!!!! Damn
Abeg make i no talk again.
How is your side? Family and work?

The reason Nigerian men want to marry is because they know what they stand to gain- though pride won’t allow them admit it. The problem with the majority of you is, you rate your money above every other contribution of the woman.

If you have a woman who is making you happy, a good wife and mother, why stress her and turn her into a nag? Yes, I used the word turn because men are so obstinate. Keep telling them one thing and they will do another. The minute you get angry, they’ll say you have started. How do you guys do it? cheesy cheesy

I am proud of your wife. You gain nothing by helping a man save his money. Men hate leeches, but they hate women who have no need for them more and a man’s major way of showing love/presence is by providing. Chop his money with sense. At night rub his head, give him boobs to suckle and collect more.

Reading your post now, I am thinking of what I want. I will be right back...

7 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
Lucyspa:

U re too intelligent poco. I admire u a lot and i'm sure the alfa meils here do too. Weldone.

Thanks babe. Sure they do, na to admit am remain. Lmao

doggedfighter:

Pocohantas, spitting fire grin grin

Don't make the boys commit suicide

They are used to my wahala. It is now a love-hate relationship. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by LoveJesus87(m): 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
madridsta007:

Men STOP going to go and bring women from Nigeria to get married to them. While I understand the benefits, avoid it if you can.
If you do, get those who are refined and have access to abroad. Otherwise, get married to a lady who is American, British, etc that has strong family values.
hmm brilliant. Europeans with strong family values, that's something to consider

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by LoveJesus87(m): 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
these women keep Making my case against marriage stronger by the day grin
Marry a Nigerian woman at your own risk!!!
It seems Asian women make better wives
my brother, I been dey tink say na only me dey realize am.. but Dem no too fine..

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by cococandy(f): 6:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Like you said anything. Some of you would stay in your room in Amukoko, using your small data to follow Youtubers. You will now come online to argue on what you know nothing about and want to stress someone. Are you okay? cheesy
cheesy I tire

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hathor5(f): 6:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
LoveJesus87:
my brother, I been dey tink say na only me dey realize am.. but Dem no too fine..

You should not have the name Jesus in your monicker.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by josite: 6:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
JayReeMai:
prenup doesn’t save you from anything. The woman just need to say she signed the prenup under duress and it will be flung out the window in the court. I don’t know the weak ass men creating the
se laws.

Not when her own lawyer also signed as a witness

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hathor5(f): 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

When you're dating white skinned women, you go out of your way to please them and act nice. Once you see black skin, you remember you're a man. Seen it a billion times. White men are always going to be better than black men because they treat you like a person and not a conquest or thing to lord over. The black mindset has been damaged toward black women.

Every Nigerian man on this forum claims to have been respected by white girls, but he never respects black girls in the first place, and we all know respect is reciprocal. Treat any white women with the exact cultural expectations and exact attitude you would use on a girl you brought from Nigeria, then tell us the same thing.

Tired of the claim that they are respectful. Treat them same way first. We all know you adore foreign women so you will treat them well. Same cannot be said for Nigerian women.

They only treat these women well at the beginning but since it is impossible to put on an act for a longer period of time, they show their true colors sooner than later. The difference is that foreign ladies are less likely to put up with the shit show and that's why you see interracial marriages crumble faster than a cookie.

By the way, in the diaspora they complain about foreign ladies all the time, in the same way they complain about Nigerian ladies here.

But check out what foreign ladies say about them on various internet platforms. grin

5 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
Womanizer:
The United States needs to enact tighter gun laws!

Gun laws only prevent law abiding citizens from being able to defend themselves.

Nigeria has very strict gun laws...

Does it prevent cultists, kidnappers, armed robbers and terrorists from having guns?

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by josite: 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
Let your wife delivers a new baby in the hospital ,delay the process of her discharge from the hospital till you did three DNA test n three different lab.

Very sure it is a discovery that the kids are not his that led to all these. The internet,the alcohol and the weed smoking must lead to increase in bastards .
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by gambia(m): 6:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
cooooooks:
Our culture paints women as investments. This has even been furthered by religious teachings.

From paying on dates, to bride price, to 'providing'; the 'ideal' and 'standard' methods of relating paint women as investments.

Some of us will continue to reject these so called norms.

You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Kenneygirl(f): 6:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
BRATISLAVA:
you sound like marriage rests on a woman. Aren't men heads of the home again? Or you need women to blame for your failure? So men are entitled to 90% bad behavior and the woman should put up with it? Lol. You're funny.
Are you minding him

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
georgeakins:

Then, he should have abandoned the woman and get a much younger lady to marry. There are so many young , working class spinters in the U.S
Man marry by all means or we will force our Nigerian women down on your throat grin
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by mindtricks: 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
Very unpleasant!
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ibfpleasant:
Something fishy going down.. DNA result wasn’t favor him.. fear woman..
Lol bro you mean I should start fearing that gender? They can do the unthinkable

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by djon78(m): 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
angelfallz:

grin cococandy you must think I'm one of the clowns on NL or Twitter that don't know what they're talking about. Please read the links below, and see for yourself.

https://qr.ae/pN2a34

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/emmanuel-eboue-loses-life-savings-properties-wife-following-bitter-divorce/

https://www.opencourt-basketball.com/the-crazy-story-of-stephen-jackson-literally-leaving-his-fiance-at-the-altar-because-she-didnt-sign-prenup/

I read the Stephen Jackson link
Very hilarious and funny
But the guy was smart

Reminds me of one of Donald Trump's books I read many years ago about his experience with women after his first marriage with Ivana Trump Ivankas mother

Any woman who comes he will say honey I love you but here sign my prenup

It's scary for any man to get into marriage in the west without prenup

That's what saved Tiger Wood's from his divorce. If not his wife would have taken him to the cleaner's

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Preetti(f): 6:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
From all I read on this thread i can boldly say most sane Nigerian men are not on nairaland

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by goody234: 6:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
This is a problem with nigerian women with the chicken feed money you earn, thinking you are better than the man that brought you into the US from obscurity ...it happens all the time insulting and belittling the man in front of his children ..
You think the US cares about you as a women you are only helping them in the destruction of the black family...teach your daughters to submit to their husbands and dont think they deserve a better man because of a few educational certificates...

It takes a lot more than educational certificates my ladies to keep a family ...submission is the key you are a wife to support your husband ...in-fact a good woman makes the husband and family wealthier .

Your role is not to wear your husbands trousers like you modern women love to do ..ask your mothers how their marriages were ...no man is perfect !!they endured a lot to keep the family as a unit....

pls my ladies dont get a bullet in the head because your husbands cant take it anymore !!!

5 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by gambia(m): 6:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
EVILFOREST:

PROVIDED his WIFE is a NURSE in the US and they reside in TEXAS... that incident is highly likely.
IF you are relocating to the US, please avoid TEXAS.
TEXAS is like a Nigerian Village/community in another country.
That's where ALL the GOSSIPS occur.
We carry all our BAD traits to that place.
The man should have opted out.
He went too far.
Although he knew his WIFE would cash out big time if he had left the marriage, so he also decided to also terminate the beneficiary who may have contributed largely to all his problems.
cry cry cry cry

I always look forward to your comments on this platform. You are a wise man.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rexington: 6:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

No mind them. All their nonsense ends at MMIA. After there, no one rates them, and their women, the only human they have ever been able to dominate is now an equal.

E reach to craze sha. grin grin
I don't think it is about being equals, its about the fact that the family law favors the women in those societies and you can be the best man to a woman and she still decides she wants a divorce, putting your life in jeopardy.
Have you not discovered that these things arise in families that are doing well?
If the guy was such a jeck why not leave when he had barely nothing, why wait till 10-20 years when he has built his finances.
Most of the time greed and 'I have nothing to lose' mentality from them or sold to them by the new company they keep or by lawyers (who are only interested by the commission they make out of the divorce settlement is at the root of this.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 6:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
We need to start avoiding them.
Don't date them, Don't give them attention, stop marrying them and stop giving them your money!!
The era of good Nigerian women is dead.
Nah useless women full this country now
Frustrated abeg take it easy na you must marry our women by force grin
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by DAramis: 6:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hassanmaye:

I swear man some women are devils may be he conducted DNA test

It is very possible bro. Most men can take anything from a woman but a bastard son is a no no in most tribes in Nigeria. It is an unforgiveable sin by a wife towards a husband.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
pipz:

Lol! I’m a Nigerian married to a Nurse and living in Texas. Reading this thread together with my wife. I looked at her after this comment and we both burSt out laughing. We are blessed and covered by the blood of Jesus, no evil shall prevail over our lives nor any more persons. We won’t hear these kinds of news again in Jesus name. May the Lord console this family and keep the kids under his grace. Amen
Another lucky man with a Nigerian woman abroad, Thank the Lord man, shocked

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by LoveJesus87(m): 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hathor5:

You should not have the name Jesus in your monicker.
LMAO grin grin I have not heard anything funnier in long time. You should check out a career in comedy my dear.

Jesus in the book of Luke, he is sending us out into the world that we should be WISE AS A SERPENT and harmless as a dove.

Choosing a wife nowadays in this our current world requires a lot of wisdom. It is certainly Wisdom to consider marrying an Asian woman over a Nigerian woman, considering their stronger marital and family values which they hold as sacred..

I understand how you feel because you are a Nigerian Lady, but the difference is clear my sister. You may be different of course but you can't just deny the fact that Asians are really a better option grin

Thank you for listening cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by LoveJesus87(m): 7:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

You obviously lack understanding on how the Asain community works - Now matter how westernized Indian and Chinese women are, they know their place in the household. They do not challenge and insult their husbands.
You are free to all it "control" or whatever nonsensical word you wanna call it undecided
God bless you my brother

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Concepcion9ja(m): 7:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
punisha:

For u to have seen tribalism in what he wrote means you feed on tribalism. You deserve help.
God bless you
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 7:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:
This one is a Yoruba man married to another beautiful Indian in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNrBQO5-dS4
Chai God abeg bless me with an Indian woman
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by DonCortino: 7:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
Beremx:
and in Nigeria, a woman divorces her husband and goes home with nothing. Which one is better?

Nigeria's way.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 7:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

I know some too. Educated with submissive foreign women.
Hahah wickedness grin grin
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Womanizer(m): 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2020
BuddhaPalm:

Gun laws only prevent law abiding citizens from being able to defend themselves.

Nigeria has very strict gun laws...

Does it prevent cultists, kidnappers, armed robbers and terrorists from having guns?

Well in Nigeria and in other countries that have tight gun controls you don't have mental cases whipping out guns to shoot someone just because of a petty argument!
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by LoveJesus87(m): 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

I know some too. Educated with submissive foreign women.
Lmao grin grin pls naw, this is too heartless grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply)

The Unvarnished Truth About Money Ritual / Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses / Mansions Owned By Notorious Criminal, Evans (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.