Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,607 members, 7,820,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America - Crime (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America (98622 Views)

Man Shoots His Wife Dead In Nkporo, Abia. Youths Set Him Ablaze (graphic Photos) / John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja / Police Officer Shoots His Wife Dead In Ikoyi Prison Barracks, Kills Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by sonnie10: 7:20pm On Dec 20, 2020
One common issue spouse have when the wife is a nurse is time management. Running the home and work schedule.
It comes down to maintaining a balance between. I will go further to give some details of most prevalent scenario.
As a nurse in the US, you are able to afford most luxury; any car, house, clothing, vacation and jewelries but you must put in the time for work.

If you work one regular 40hours a week job, you might not be that financially ok when you consider bills.

Now, here is where the common problem is, nurses are well sort after and the opportunity to work extra jobs are plenty. The downside is that it takes away family time and wifely responsibilities. Most husbands do not want that but the greed for dollars and the good things the wives can get with it blocks any form compromise with the husband. The common rebuttal is usually; are you not the man? Why don’t you provide those things then? Me that I want to try why are you stopping me? Imagine what happens in a home where the wife works 16hour at two jobs and only comes home to sleep when the husband is probably away at his own job.

Let me tell you this, a nurse that works only 40 hours a week can never comfortably afford a Land Rover valor or Lexus Gx or Mercedes glc, it’s impossible. So how is it that most of the nurses drive these cars?

They drive it because they work more and family responsibility is neglected. In the US, if you have young kids at school, your life and time is almost sacrificed for them.

Someone has to be there to get them ready, to drop them off at school and pick them up after school. Obviously, if the wife is a “hard working nurse” she can’t. The man has to pick up this extra responsibility and cut down his time for work; meaning less money for the man and more more for the wife. That is the correlation.

So, the result is that the wife is more financially buoyant than the man. It then comes a time when the wife wants to pay house rent for her brother in Nigeria who lives in lekki and had recently lost his job but the husband says no, she can’t.
Who gives him the right to decide what she can and cannot do with her hard earned money? Forgetting that he also made the sacrifices for her to be available to go to that work. The truth is that anyone can do two jobs in the US. ( Go check the families that both husband and wife work two full time jobs, their children are always in trouble)
Ideally, this is not how it is judged by external advisers and even the wife themselves.

The judgement is usually this way; you are the man, why can’t you provide for your family, why let your wife suffer to work and you want to control her. The statement has sent many men to early grave This is bringing a man to the lowest of low. A man that has sacrificed his time, job, pride and almost everything hoping for a better family.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Baddiezz(f): 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
Reminds me of the channel news reporter that beat up his wife mercilessly recently and she ended up going back to him after a governor and some "elders" reconciled them. They probably told her to keep enduring for her kids sake. That's the kind of women some Nigerian men love, someone that puts up with every bullshit they throw her way. They'll tell you to keep enduring, just keep enduring till he kills you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by LoveJesus87(m): 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
hammerDK:
THIS ONLY HAPPENED POSSIBLY BECAUSE OF THE LOCKDOWN OR THE DOCTOR IS NOW RETIRED.

THE DOCTOR IS SPENDING ALOT MORE TIME AT HOME, UNLIKE BEFORE WEN HE WOULD BE AT WORK.

ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE MARRIED TO COMPLETE STRANGERS AND THE DAY THEY GET TO MEET THEIR SPOUSE, MIGHT ALSO BE THEIR LAST DAY OF FREEDOM OR ON EARTH.

MARRIAGE, IS THE ONE THING THAT GOT ME ASKING Y?

WHY CANT WE BE LIKE THE ANIMALS, KNACK AND GO?
because God says it's fornication which will end you up in eternal hell
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by LordIsaac(m): 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
obembet:

Only God knows if u will ever marry cos of ur mentality about woman. Even though u don't know the cause of the matter but u have already concluded. God will save us from u men
I've seen first hand what a woman can do when she thinks she has arrived. She instantly bites the hands that fed her with her tongue. In my case, I had to lodge complaints with the police when it became unbearable (girlfriend o). Thank God all was dissolved and she was warned seriously.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by SeriouslySense(m): 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
You may be right, One way one could be sure, is to map the brain patterns of the people before the corona infections, and after the infections, to see if there is a consistent change in brain patterns

peacettw:

Those were my initial thoughts but now, I think there might be a direct effect on the brain physiology leaving in its wake a tweak in one's behaviour/temperament.

Again, just one theory but I can't help but wonder.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
blazer90707:

Aren't you tired of constantly having to educate these nairaland people. The arijies dat guy posted I watch them on YouTube. Fact is she's actually Bengali and not Indian and also half of the stuff her husband does, the average nigerian man would never do it. Please leave then to their foreign princesses because if they would be sincere to themselves they don't behave same way with a foreign wife as they would a Nigerian . So please rest and leave all this people
Because that's how nature made it, we need to be in control to breath
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
lightpurple:

At some point this so called favor he did by bringing her to the US ends. You hear me? It expires. It now becomes a situation of how they can both contribute to the welfare of the family. But the Nigerian man would expect the wife to kiss his lazy staying at home a$$ everyday only because he brought her over. Don’t forget Nigerian women also marry Nigerian men and bring them over to the US. But you don’t her them whining over it
For where man give me one instance where Nigerian woman brought a Nigerian man to the US? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Toor! If you like don’t send to an evening newspaper. All these young girls will chop your money and run. They still have all the time to chop enough. Last last you’ll keep crying on how Naija girls are scum. Na you no use your head.
grin grin
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by peacettw: 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
SeriouslySense:
You may be right, One way one could be sure, is to map the brain patterns of the people before the corona infections, and after the infections, to see if there is a consistent change in brain patterns

In reality, we can't do that since its ethically wrong.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by adecz: 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:
oh shush. Without even knowing what happened you’ve left the obvious killer to blame his wife undecided

⏩⏩⏩▶You don't understand ❗❗
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by lebete3000: 7:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
GayPontiff:
This is becoming a norm in The US.
That society is just not for thorough bred Africans.
The men who turn themselves in after killing their spouse don't even show any remorse. Only God knows how unbearable what happened that made this man want to kill his family n off himself too.

You can be thrown outta your house for just raising ur voice at your wife.
Our women embrace this new found independence that makes the man seem incapable of playing the role he has always known.

Most cases, these men sacrifice everything to bring their women over and still lose it all.
Not siding these men or encouraging they go on killing rampage, but the death tolls r increasing and these women need to slow down a bit.

My drunkard uncle lost custody of his kids many years ago, he doesn't drink anymore, moved on and remarried..but just like that he can't even go close to his kids anymore. First wife stripped him of everything and is even sleeping around with younger boys. Aunty never contributed to his wealth by the way. She was also brought to come and study and from there she got married to my uncle.

Why ask women to slow down when you can simply go MGTOW. Na by force to slow person wey no wan slow down? My dear, marriage no be by force oh. The women we have now are parasites and actively seek men to devour. I see it in their eyes on a daily basis when I see the way they look at me.
I've vowed to continue using them as sex objects and nothing more, since they themselves see me as an ATM & nothing more.
Equation balance, nothing more...

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
SamNaijaboy:
There are several men whose wives lie under oath in court about abuse that never occurred. I have heard where testimony was taken as proof of abuse when there was none-no police reports, nothing. It becomes his word against hers and we know how the courts support the women.
They go ahead and no adjudicate as if there was abuse. Tell the guy to stay away from the home and then allow the woman to stay in the home.
Nigerian women (and to be honest most women) have no issues with lying under oath to get what they want.
It pains more if you brought her over and trained her with your own money and you gave her a visa.
So I encourage anybody who is thinking of bringing a Nigerian woman to the West to STOP.
They will Bleep you up 98% of the time

Enough for the wise!
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
calm down?!!
If you know wetin naija girls don show me ehnn.they deserve every evil that befalls them!!!
Lol that's why you change your name to frustrated Abi grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by lebete3000: 7:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
Plut01:

I sympathise with your bro.

I still believe no woman can try such with me and live. Not even her family down in Nigeria will survive it.

I worked my ass off to make things work, you now want to claim everything that I worked for just because you found yourself in a feminine biased society.

Dem no born the lady

Mark my words bro, with what you wrote here, you'll be the next story to be told up here. It's better you don't marry I swear, otherwise...women go too show you sey dem be bastard. Except if you know how to kill her, and no one would know...

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 7:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
obembet:

I don't have access to my mail now.. I lost my phone and I can't retrieve my number due to NCC wahala. When the strike off, I will reply u
Chai baby you are so hot Chineke!!
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by StrikeBack(m): 7:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
sonnie10:
One common issue spouse have when the wife is a nurse is time management. Running the home and work schedule.
It comes down to maintaining a balance between. I will go further to give some details of most prevalent scenario.
As a nurse in the US, you are able to afford most luxury; any car, house, clothing, vacation and jewelries but you must put in the time for work.

If you work one regular 40hours a week job, you might not be that financially ok when you consider bills.

Now, here is where the common problem is, nurses are well sort after and the opportunity to work extra jobs are plenty. The downside is that it takes away family time and wifely responsibilities. Most husbands do not want that but the greed for dollars and the good things the wives can get with it blocks any form compromise with the husband. The common rebuttal is usually; are you not the man? Why don’t you provide those things then? Me that I want to try why are you stopping me? Imagine what happens in a home where the wife works 16hour at two jobs and only comes home to sleep when the husband is probably away at his own job.

Let me tell you this, a nurse that works only 40 hours a week can never comfortably afford a Land Rover valor or Lexus Gx or Mercedes glc, it’s impossible. So how is it that most of the nurses drive these cars?

They drive it because they work more and family responsibility is neglected. In the US, if you have young kids at school, your life and time is almost sacrificed for them.

Someone has to be there to get them ready, to drop them off at school and pick them up after school. Obviously, if the wife is a “hard working nurse” she can’t. The man has to pick up this extra responsibility and cut down his time for work; meaning less money for the man and more more for the wife. That is the correlation.

So, the result is that the wife is more financially buoyant than the man. It then comes a time when the wife wants to pay house rent for her brother in Nigeria who lives in lekki and had recently lost his job but the husband says no, she can’t.
Who gives him the right to decide what she can and cannot do with her hard earned money? Forgetting that he also made the sacrifices for her to be available to go to that work. The truth is that anyone can do two jobs in the US. ( Go check the families that both husband and wife work two full time jobs, their children are always in trouble)
Ideally, this is not how it is judged by external advisers and even the wife themselves.

The judgement is usually this way; you are the man, why can’t you provide for your family, why let your wife suffer to work and you want to control her. The statement has sent many men to early grave This is bringing a man to the lowest of low. A man that has sacrificed his time, job, pride and almost everything hoping for a better family.

Brilliant

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 7:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
simp!
I pray you get ripped off on the first date.
You go spend 100k on meals and won't even get a "thank you"

Amen!
Haha grin grin grin
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by lebete3000: 7:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
BiggyB242:

My brother, how many times have you heard indians or chinese kill themselves. Their women are loyal, that's why Indians most times go back to their country to get married. Nigerian women small freedom dem don dey overdo.

Pls what about other African women like Ghanaians, Ethiopians, Kenyans, Southies etc?

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
humilitypays:
Nigerian woman that says she will never give her husband peace of mind and loyalty will only end up in a 6 feet grave. So dear Nigerian ladies in the US, please continue, you will only be regretting your Jezebel attitude towards your husband in your grave, e concern me undecided
Hmmm enough for the wise o
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Plut01: 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
lebete3000:

Mark my words bro, with what you wrote here, you'll be the next story to be told up here. It's better you don't marry I swear, otherwise...women go too show you sey dem be bastard. Except if you know how to kill her, and no one would know...

I would be the next story to be told when am still in my cool Ilorin Village cheesy cheesy

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 7:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

Well, men are finally waking up.

Let's see what the dating/marriage situation looks like in the next 5 - 10 years wink
Lol

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by lebete3000: 7:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
Plut01:

I would be the next story to be told when am still in my cool Ilorin Village cheesy cheesy

Better stay there and relish your freedom, go oyinbo land you go see something your eye never see b4. Oyinbo people be weyrey ooo...

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 8:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
SamNaijaboy:
You are talking after the fact. Why cant the wife pay for her own things by herself?
Amy assurance she will get student visa?
Let the woman figure all these out and we meet after she has got her green card after 7 years of working hard for her employer after great grades in University and we can then talk. But you need my help and money and then talking about paying me back? Am I a bank? She doesn't know her way to UBA to borrow the "small" thousands of dollars?
Let's face it visa is a big deal. Many even have the funds and have been denied severally. You are given green card on a platter and you are talking what?
LOL. Guys this is how they minimize what is a big deal. Do it yourself if it is easy now? There is one girl I know that has been trying to do GMAT to the US for 5 years now. Everytime her score is always really poor. So she can't even get good grades. E easy?

Lol

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Frustrated007: 8:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
bro I dey vex gan.
Hassanmaye:

Lol that's why you change your name to frustrated Abi grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
GreaterFuture:
Almost six Comments up there are Saying it most likely is Infidelity, on the Woman's Part, Why?
Because American divorce system is usually very frustrating for men
It usually does not favor the men leading them to murderous frustration.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by lebete3000: 8:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
Plut01:

Alaye, that's what I would do.

Forget that old bla bla bla

I kill evil before it kills me.

There is a reason why I used my first profit in business to take shooting class. Nah because of shit like this.

Shooting class for your lungu for Ilorin ko?

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
Edusouls:
America is a terrible country to live in, I tell you brother that place is a living hell.. the devil himself resides in that nation, God has abandoned them entirely..
Chai man abeg stop scaring me and sending fire down my spine, na America I want to relocate o, tell me something I don't know

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 8:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
SamNaijaboy:
That is the point. Nigerian society expects men to care for their wives. How many here shout "I want a husband like that" when a man buys his wife a car in Nigeria?
Same thing, a husband wants to care for his wife and brings her over and helps her get to her feet abroad. The only difference is that Nigerian society prevents the women from showing their real colors-ungrateful, greedy and transactional.
Abroad, they can show that and get away with it clean

God bless you, you have said it all

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by EMMY76: 8:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

I already knew she had to be a Nurse.

Indian women are high earners - many are Doctors, Engineers, Business owners etc. - same with Chinese Women.

But you see Nigerian women, our money-miss-road Nigerian women, they will become Nurses, earning chicken feed compared to their Asain counterparts, but yet, we can't hear word again because she's now a demi-god! lipsrsealed

Sometimes when I look at the character and behavior of most nigerian women am forced to believe a poster in this nairaland that claimed that nigerian women are the root cause of why nigeria is so corrupt and irredeemable.

5 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by lebete3000: 8:14pm On Dec 20, 2020
12inchess:
There must be an association of evil nurses in that Texas. Like a Coven of some sort. Anytime we here of these stories, 9 out of 10, nurses are always involved. I know it was the man that did the murdering but in my opinion, something must have pushed him to the wall. If you're a Nigerian man married to a nurse in Texas, better watch your back. shocked

Na the doctors dey always make mistakes. I'm a medical doctor here in Nigeria and can't even fathom what would bring me to date a nurse let alone marrying one. Some don even gimme green light before sef, but I just tint them. They always try to prove they're equal to doctors, and some would even try to behave they're better than you sef, forcing some useless teachings on you, something you didn't send them to.

Most of these female Nurses really have mental problem in my opinion and won't even touch them with a long pole. I dey thread very carefully around them.

Apart from that, most Naija babes that grew up in Naija and went overseas are a nutcase as well. If you wan marry naija babe, be like my neighbor who settled with a Texas born & bred Naija babe, who was born a citizen, and my naija guy even became a citizen through her by way of marriage. That way you'll learn to respect her too, and won't expect too much from her, as you already know where she's coming from; not like one useless village girl from Olukumopa village who go come dey form one useless right for Yankee, wey her useless mechanic boyfriend no dey give am when she dey her useless Naija. The Akata babe would also be very okay with herself, as suffering never too disturb her brain, unlike most Naija born & bred ladies, so you won't be having their complex issues wey be one of the root causes of this wahala...

Too much suffering has a way of twisting people's minds and make them do shìt they never thought of, and that's exactly what happens when come home to bring wahala for yourself in the name of marrying a naija babe...

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Damian457: 8:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
Premium tears loading for the poor man
Plut01:

Exactly
So many of these ladies are something else.

I have one here already telling her friends how she would explore all freedom when her husband takes her to Canada next year. Imagine

Same lady that's told me she can't live for a week without sex. All these while her man his working his ass off over there.

I sigh for these women.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 8:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
it's only when people have power of any sort that their true nature comes out.
Give a Nigerian man power and he will take care of his family and anyone he comes in contact with. Give a Nigerian woman the same power and watch her start oppressing everybody, the maid, her neighbor's, even her kids!!

Most simps talk about how good Nigerian women are bla bla bla but it's a lie!
Nigerian women are only good here because they are vulnerable.
A harmless woman is not a good woman..she has to act good cause she is harmless, not because she is inherently good!
Enough for the wise

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply)

Female One-Chance Robber Caught On Benin-Auchi Road Along With Her Gang Members / The Unvarnished Truth About Money Ritual / Yahoo Boy Runs Mad In Aba, Fetish Items Found In His Car (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.