Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America - Crime (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America (98447 Views)

Man Shoots His Wife Dead In Nkporo, Abia. Youths Set Him Ablaze (graphic Photos) / John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja / Police Officer Shoots His Wife Dead In Ikoyi Prison Barracks, Kills Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 20, 2020
adecz:

Some heartless women can
make you do some horrible things
you didn't believe you were capable
of doing...... undecided undecided undecided
PROVIDED his WIFE is a NURSE in the US and they reside in TEXAS... that incident is highly likely.
IF you are relocating to the US, please avoid TEXAS.
TEXAS is like a Nigerian Village/community in another country.
That's where ALL the GOSSIPS occur.
We carry all our BAD traits to that place.
The man should have opted out.
He went too far.
Although he knew his WIFE would cash out big time if he had left the marriage, so he also decided to also terminate the beneficiary who may have contributed largely to all his problems.
cry cry cry cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by DKM123: 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
God punish all of you talking rubbish.

A man killed his wife, tried to kill his kids and then cowardly killed himself and just like that it is the murdered woman that is being judged and spat on.

God punish all of you once more.

If it was the woman that poisoned her husband to death and tried to poison her kids, you all wouldn't be here spitting trash as usual.

THERE IS NO ONE EXCUSE TO KILL ANOTHER HUMAN UNLESS IN SELF DEFENSE. Especially not someone you once called a spouse.

I don't care if the woman tried to divorce his a.s.s, attempting to kill his family shows how much of a cowardly narcissistic demonic human he is and shows who his wife has had to put up with all the years they were married.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hathor5(f): 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
DKM123:

A man killed his wife, tried to kill his kids and then cowardly killed himself and just like that it is the dead woman that is being judged and spat on.

If it was the woman that poisoned her husband to death and tried to poison her kids, you all wouldn't be here spitting trash as usual.

THERE IS NO ONE EXCUSE TO KILL ANOTHER HUMAN UNLESS IN SELF DEFENSE. Especially not someone you once called a spouse.

1 billion likes!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by membranus: 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Four instances attached. You didn’t mention race, they are women- helping your fellow alfa males to the TOP.

You can use your mum as the fifth, I like to think she did. Your mothers are always different.

Wrong samples and inappropriate evidences of helping a male to the top.

And please watch your mouth, you are too insulting.

You are a woman, and you are abusing another person's mother.

Vulgarity is not a good vice in a lady.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by magicminister: 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
DKM123:

A man killed his wife, tried to kill his kids and then cowardly killed himself and just like that it is the dead woman that is being judged and spat on.

Thank you so much. I share same sentiment. Unfortunately, I’ve come to realize the way most poor people think is very different from how successful and exposed people think so
Nothing really surprises me on this platform. No one is talking about the trauma he’s put those children through and how they may never recover..... even if the wife is misbehaving as the poverty stricken people on this thread had alleged, why didn’t he walk away!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by kvngmaxy(m): 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
he don turn am to shoot on site

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Dollanaira: 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
Jesus
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Beautyaddy: 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
Very contradicting headline

Did the man shoot his wife or strangled the wife to death?

Either way, these unfortunate incidents happens everywhere including with Nigerian couples living in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by pocohantas(f): 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
membranus:

Wrong samples and inappropriate evidences of helping a male to the top.

And please watch your mouth, you are too insulting.

You are a woman, and you are abusing another person's mother.

Vulgarity is not a good vice in a lady.

Vulgarity is not a “good vice” in a HUMAN.

That said, what is vulgar or insulting in me saying his mum helped his father to the top? That is a good woman na, the type you all seek.

Nawa o!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Magnoliaa(f): 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
jedisco:

I've had very close contact with Indians and what alot here dont know is that the country is a very conservative, struggling and discriminatory one just like Nigeria. They have a good going caste system
They and Nigerians are like two extremes of a spectrum- haven't even come across a marriage between the two in person

Thank you for this point!

How they are ripping inter- and intra-personal relationships out of India's caste system is amazing. Abi they are overlooking the hold of the caste system in the people's personal acts de ni.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by AngelicBeing: 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
sad
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Savagethe21st(m): 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
Martinez39s:
grin Women are smarter than that. Once they established their feet on that foreign soil and start misbehaving, they will never come back to Nigeria because they know it's a trick their husbands will come up with to offload them. While men operate from a position of love and sacrifice, women operate from a position of power play and brutal opportunism. Women study the system and make their calculation carefully. They know their leverage and power, and they are careful not to lose them.

Don't risk it or think you can play the system bro, you will fail bitterly. Many men thought they could outsmart the system, and they failed woefully. Dr Dre, despite all his smart moves, has just surrendered in his divorce battle and is willing to pay his wife what she wants... that's after paying over a million in he and his wife's attorney fees.

It's not a must to marry and have children. Your peace of mind and happiness are of utmost importance. Stay safe and don't roll the dice. Their is no nawalt anywhere bro.

Yamiriflathead, take over.
Its not a must to marry and have children but what of people who want children and ther religion doesn't permit premarital sex. Isn't it best you leave the woman in nigeria and be visiting occasionally?

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

I already knew she had to be a Nurse.

Indian women are high earners - many are Doctors, Engineers, Business owners etc. - same with Chinese Women.

But you see Nigerian women, our money-miss-road Nigerian women, they will become Nurses, earning chicken feed compared to their Asain counterparts, but yet, we can't hear word again because she's now a demi-god! lipsrsealed
Lol ingrate creatures

6 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
Plut01:

I sympathise with your bro.

I still believe no woman can try such with me and live. Not even her family down in Nigeria will survive it.

I worked my ass off to make things work, you now want to claim everything that I worked for just because you found yourself in a feminine biased society.

Dem no born the lady

I swear bro this is so painful you will help a broke girl and take her abroad only to be ungrateful and become monster

3 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Liposure: 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
This is so sad. why do nigerian couples turn against each other when they reach abroad. Is it a curse? Everyday fight. Everyday quarrel as if the world is coming to an end. This is not good at all. Husband and wife should learn to live with one another in peace

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2020
DAramis:
If he tries to strangle his 2 sons, could it be he found out that, they were never his in the first place?

That is one of the strong reason why some people will go to that extent.
I swear man some women are devils may be he conducted DNA test

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Lucyspa: 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2020
delishpot:

Can you imagine what he wrote Sha? He wants a wife who will cook, and clean, and take care of home and still hussle to make as much as he does if not more then last last he wants to share the wealth 50/50 in case of divorce and he doesn't find it odd that she put in more for the family than he actually did. Therefore she deserves more than 50%.
Many naija men don't see running of the home as investment and effort. They think its not a job to do those things. So for them a house wife did kot contribute anything to the family unless they can count it in hard currency.

True and it's sickening.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by peacettw: 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

You this researcher again?

How come your hypotheses always sound somehow

They always sound laughable.

All hypothesis "sound" laughable until proven. Seems I am not alone in thinking of the possible direct effects of COVID-19 on the brain physiology.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7333632/
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by jedisco(m): 5:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Thank you for this point!

How they are ripping inter- and intra-personal relationships out of India's caste system is amazing. Abi they are overlooking the hold of the caste system in the people's personal acts de ni.

Hehe... Somethings are better experienced...
To me it's almost like sitting on a keg of gun powder.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by peacettw: 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
rusher14:

The effect of long term isolation can affect the mental state of those affected by it.

Nevertheless, we cannot conclude that is the case here.

Sure.

I had recently published a work which showed a marked increased in mental impairment among Nigerian adults during this pandemic. I had postulated that it was secondary to the virus's indirect effects such as lockdown, social isolation etc. Now, I am not so certain.

Now, I think that there might be a direct effect which adversely modulates behaviour in survivors. Unfortunately I can't prove this unless I have some serious funding and support. I am hoping that someone out there with the means can take it up.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by peacettw: 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
SeriouslySense:
it may not be the virus, it could be the secondary effects, like loss of Jobs, Isolation, and living with same people, without interruptions

Those were my initial thoughts but now, I think there might be a direct effect on the brain physiology leaving in its wake a tweak in one's behaviour/temperament.

Again, just one theory but I can't help but wonder.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Lucyspa: 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Like you said anything. Some of you would stay in your room in Amukoko, using your small data to follow Youtubers. You will now come online to argue on what you know nothing about and want to stress someone. Are you okay? cheesy

U re too intelligent poco. I admire u a lot and i'm sure the alfa meils here do too. Weldone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
CSTRR:
Indra Nooyi is the CEO of Pepsi.
An Indian woman.

Dem no born am well make she misbehave for house.

The same goes for CEOs of many Fortune 500 companies headed by Indian women.

Women with sense. Women of timber and calibre.

While a Nigerian Nurse earning small dollars would become more feminist than Hilary Clinton.
Lol
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by chikeson2008: 6:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
Living in US does not guarantee happiness in life. Something that Nigerians living with challenges in Nigeria hardly do. I hail Nigerians b/cos their lives are now better even with the challenges in Nigeria than the ones in US and other developed countries who are taking their lives in murder and suicide. True joy and happiness is a function of peace in Christ and not on where you live. You can live in Washington and still be miserable and hopelessly hope.

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by ndindiatu: 6:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:

I already knew she had to be a Nurse.

Indian women are high earners - many are Doctors, Engineers, Business owners etc. - same with Chinese Women.

But you see Nigerian women, our money-miss-road Nigerian women, they will become Nurses, earning chicken feed compared to their Asain counterparts, but yet, we can't hear word again because she's now a demi-god! lipsrsealed

Shut up my friend can u marry an asian woman for one day? Go and see how calm their husbands are. Dem go show u. Go check how much nurses are making and stop deceiving ur self

6 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by ndindiatu: 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
Plut01:

I sympathise with your bro.

I still believe no woman can try such with me and live. Not even her family down in Nigeria will survive it.

I worked my ass off to make things work, you now want to claim everything that I worked for just because you found yourself in a feminine biased society.

Dem no born the lady
Oga better remain in Nigeria oh cos America is not for people with ur mentality. u go just swe ur self outside

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by doggedfighter(f): 6:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

They’ll keep wailing. Simps rule the word and make the rules. Our dearest alfa males are online carrying women matter for head.

The wailing is not ending anytime soon...

Pocohantas, spitting fire grin grin

Don't make the boys commit suicide

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by ndindiatu: 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
chikeson2008:
Living in US does not guarantee happiness in life. Something that Nigerians living with challenges in Nigeria hardly do. I hail Nigerians b/cos their lives are now better even with the challenges in Nigeria than the ones in US and other developed countries who are taking their lives in murder and suicide. True joy and happiness is a function of peace in Christ and not on where you live. You can live in Washington and still be miserable and hopelessly hope.
Hmm. My dear happiness full here oh
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by chrisj2(m): 6:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Then go marry them and stop crying. Don’t come back this Christmas. Marry your dear foreign women ehn.

Who is crying? What is this one saying? Non-stop drivel...

No justification for killing one's partner even if it is a paternity issue - ultimate betrayal in my view.

* Nja women like money too much even the so-called independent and successful or feminist. It is the disproportionate spend on relationship that push a lot of men to the edge whether in Nja or abroad. However, the abroad one is just so so different...

What makes you think that I am not married to a foreign woman or was married to one. And that the said woman is not like those old ones that people like you want us to believe that, they are the only ones that Nja men can catch.

It is the lying and cheating of some (whatever the number) Nja women before they marry a man from abroad and then showing their true colours that gets my goat.

Guys abroad cannot have extensive courtship and are at times too innocent not to spot signs. Family pressure is another then you can add religion, culture and traditions.

No one is crying here but not many independent females to justify your shouting. Even independent ones dont want to share their money.

* Many of the women cannot ever ever pay back what has been spent on them and family when they are brought abroad. For comparison, try women that borrow money and gets trafficked... And that is small change to bringing someone abroad these days...

*** It is a gamble and a risky one. The man just has to trust and also protect his assets so that he is not destitute when the gamble does not pay off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Martinez39s(m): 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
HisMajesty1:

Haba!! What do you call the women whom I said tutor them, idiots? They will layout all the man's possible moves and counter strategies to prevent it to his frustration and calamity. See there is a very big and established network of these 'old hags' as my uncle derogatorily refer to them who put new 'naive' migrant women through on the way to go. They have connections to powerful and experienced lawyers who specialize in divorce cases of immigrants in the US. Do some research on what I've just told you... You'll be bewildered!
Exactly! Women in these countries have a secret social network where they discuss these laws and strategies to be successful in milking and demolishing their husbands in the family court system. To be a husband over there is to be your wife's inferior sidekick, a mere figurehead that can be raped in the family court when your wife wants. grin What many don't acknowledge is the mental, emotional and, sometimes, physical abuse a lot of wives are putting their husbands through.

I would advice anyone to stop look for a foreign princess. Women are the same everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
nonut:

From the story, you can deduce what truly happened.
The woman cheated on him and had kids with another man.
He found out, confronted her and the silly woman probably felt it was nothing.
He gave her a nice head shot to keep her pants on, in her next life.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hedonini:
It keeps happening, but women would never learn. After all, they can only be reasonable, submissive and level-headed wives 'over their dead bodies'. So shall it be, then.
You made a very strong point

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel: Aftermath Of The Sokoto Student's Lynching (Graphic Photo) / Sex With Dog: Kemi Olunloyo Exposes The Reason Behind It / The Unvarnished Truth About Money Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.