Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,991 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America - Crime (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America (98603 Views)

Man Shoots His Wife Dead In Nkporo, Abia. Youths Set Him Ablaze (graphic Photos) / John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja / Police Officer Shoots His Wife Dead In Ikoyi Prison Barracks, Kills Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hathor5(f): 8:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
LoveJesus87:
LMAO grin grin I have not heard anything funnier in long time. You should check out a career in comedy my dear.

Jesus in the book of Luke, he is sending us out into the world that we should be WISE AS A SERPENT and harmless as a dove.

Choosing a wife nowadays in this our current world requires a lot of wisdom. It is certainly Wisdom to consider marrying an Asian woman over a Nigerian woman, considering their stronger marital and family values which they hold as sacred..

I understand how you feel because you are a Nigerian Lady, but the difference is clear my sister. You may be different of course but you can't just deny the fact that Asians are really a better option grin

Thank you for listening cheesy

See long epistle. After all the bashing here on this thread, you still consider yourself a good Christian. Comedy indeed. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by GreaterFuture(m): 8:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
Because American divorce system is usually very frustrating for men
It usually does not favor the men leading them to murderous frustration.
Ok
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by goody234: 8:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
i swear nigerian women nigerian men will not marry you if this continues we are better off elsewhere ..once you start earning more than your husband you just cant handle it ..i dont know if its something in your DNA that suddenly makes you guys go kolomental ....you start disrespecting the man in the house ...

No woman will earn more than me not having it in my life i am very happy looking after my family and paying the bills
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Ibfpleasant(m): 8:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hassanmaye:

Lol bro you mean I should start fearing that gender? They can do the unthinkable
fear them broda and never invest anything into them.. It will end in premium tears.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by SlurUsername1: 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
Martinez39s:
grin Women are smarter than that. Once they established their feet on that foreign soil and start misbehaving, they will never come back to Nigeria because they know it's a trick their husbands will come up with to offload them. While men operate from a position of love and sacrifice, women operate from a position of power play and brutal opportunism. Women study the system and make their calculation carefully. They know their leverage and power, and they are careful not to lose them.

Don't risk it or think you can play the system bro, you will fail bitterly. Many men thought they could outsmart the system, and they failed woefully. Dr Dre, despite all his smart moves, has just surrendered in his divorce battle and is willing to pay his wife what she wants... that's after paying over a million in he and his wife's attorney fees.

It's not a must to marry and have children. Your peace of mind and happiness are of utmost importance. Stay safe and don't roll the dice. Their is no nawalt anywhere bro.

Yamiriflathead, take over.

This has got to be the most interesting thread av kom across today.
Too bad I was aware to contribute my quota
There's a whole lot of awakening going on Nairaland ahswear, one of which I'm so proud to be part of.
What still beats my imagination is why some NAWALTS fail to learn from the mistakes and stories of Senior Executive's and colleagues.
Just goes to show that not everyone can be saved

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by malcom1X: 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
Graxie:
Wicked man, he didn't even consider the kids. You can imagine the psychological torture those kids will be going through.

Did the woman consider the kids?
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by higgs: 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
Tragic. RIP Dr Ben &wife.
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by toye440: 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
Without reading i know the wife turned against the man.

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 9:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
DonCortino:
she wanted to divorce him and take all he has laboured for all his life.

.......and the Nigga said No!
shocked shocked
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by SlurUsername1: 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2020
DKM123:
God punish all of you talking rubbish.

A man killed his wife, tried to kill his kids and then cowardly killed himself and just like that it is the murdered woman that is being judged and spat on.

God punish all of you once more.

If it was the woman that poisoned her husband to death and tried to poison her kids, you all wouldn't be here spitting trash as usual.

THERE IS NO ONE EXCUSE TO KILL ANOTHER HUMAN UNLESS IN SELF DEFENSE. Especially not someone you once called a spouse.

I don't care if the woman tried to divorce his a.s.s, attempting to kill his family shows how much of a cowardly narcissistic demonic human he is and shows who his wife has had to put up with all the years they were married.

See as e pain this one..
I think this is the best medicine for greedy spouses who think they can always cash out from divorce cases because of a biased judicial system that is largely tilted in favor of the female gender.
I don't intend to EVER get married because I'm fully aware of the torments and dement's that comes with the outdated, achaic, parasitic institution called marriage. But if paraventure it happens(God forbid), I would eliminate the thief that intends to loot my hard earned assets with the aid of mercenaries without even attempting suicide. And I'll live my life in peace knowing the bastard gold digger is dead
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 9:20pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Four instances attached. You didn’t mention race, they are women- helping your fellow alfa males to the TOP.

You can use your mum as the fifth, I like to think she did. Your mothers are always different.
Aunty I will not mind to marry old white woman than suffer all my life to please a Nigerian woman and at the end I got ' what have you ever done to me '!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
emmaodet:

I don't know why the average man is conditioned to marry even when it is glaring that marriage on average favours women than men and you will have to slave all your life to keep your wife amd kids happy else they will spit you out and leave you cold in the desert.
Most of the things we think we want to get from marriage can be gotten oit side marriage too.
Funny enough, if not for poverty, the average women is not interested in the so called marriage and will eagerly pull oit. It is evident - go to divorce court, 80% of people filling for divorce are women.
We have a large number of single ladies living alone over the world, single landladies in virtually every city without plan of remarrying, even a lot of financially stable widows don't remarry but the average widower, young man who just got a job etc are all eager to keep a woman at home.
I think something is wrong somewhere
Lol a man can not live by bread alone na[center][/center] grin
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Brushless: 9:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
hustla:

Probably paternity fraud
It may also not be paternity fraud, in situations like this, their mum could have brainwash them to the extent that any time the couple have a fight, the children are always in support of their mum and always antagonistic of their father.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by LoveJesus87(m): 9:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hathor5:

See long epistle. After all the bashing here on this thread, you still consider yourself a good Christian. Comedy indeed. cheesy
common babe, I no bash na. You sound cool headed. Good girl grin cheesy
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Hassanmaye(m): 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Stop sounding as if you won something, claiming you gave a piece of yourself.

What painful words? Your lame insults? Insults are all nairaland men know, so it's nothing to brag about. Is it negress I should cry over? Face it: niggers like yourself are Cannon fodder for all white people. Black women will always be rated higher. All white women want black men for is the BBC myth. But they would never want to sit next to you in a bus, let alone be with you. Except if old and rejected by white men.

Your post was mostly balderdash and angry misogynist spewing. Nothing women haven't seen before. Nothing "painful".
What is BBC abeg
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Rossntti: 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
genq:
This will never end.

These men in America will keep killing their wicked, ungrateful wives - not to excuse murder but Nigerian women abroad tend to exhibit signs of demonic possession - they will fuuckk around on you and bring bastaard children home for you to raise, they will insult and belittle you at any slight provocation, they will mentally and emotionally abuse you (some even physical), they will take you to court and claim everything you've laboured for, leaving you penniless in your old age, then turn your children against you so that you're left to rot in poverty, loneliness and misery. They have no conscience and are supported by their coven of westernized Nigerian-American witches wives (whom are mostly in the Nursing profession).

She probably destroyed his life and livelihood to the point of no return and the man probably thought 'fvck it, imma send this bitch back to the pit of hell she emerged from' . I can see he also tried to eliminate his (potential bastaard) children too cry

She probably in the heat of the argument told him that those were not his kids, and asked him ''what can you do about it? If you touch me I'll call the police and they'll lock you up.''

6 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rs172(m): 9:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
cococandy:
Bad people exist that’s not unheard of. You’re biased in favor of your brother so we may never know what truly happened but for the sake of this argument, I’ll take your word for fact.
How does their single case translate to all Nigerian American families being that way?

And the story still doesn’t show us how the approach of placing what he paid for as priority in the marriage favor them in the long run. If the relationship is to hang on how he brought her and paid for this and that, doesn’t it mean it’s over when she’s paid back? wink

Keep thinking about that.

You’re so so stupid, and you haven’t realised yet

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Rossntti: 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
theemy:
This idea of bringing someone from naija to marry doesn’t often go well, marry someone from where u are Chilean.

You are right.

If you cannot blend into the society where you have decided to settle, then come back home.

They cannot be good enough to provide you with a living, but not good enough to provide you with a wife.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ishilove:
Disgusting comments on this thread made by some Nigerian males suffering severe inferiority complex. They have mostly assumed that the woman is to be blamed for this horrible tragedy despite not having any fact or information as to probable cause. They come online to vent their frustrations on the womenfolk instead of dealing with the powers of their father's house who have eaten their virtues and destinies.

Pathetic, miserable creatures. I spit on your coconut heads!

Who has coconut head?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
Womanizer:

Well in Nigeria and in other countries that have tight gun controls you don't have mental cases whipping out guns to shoot someone just because of a petty argument!

Those cultists that kill themselves, do so over petty arguments...
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Rossntti: 9:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
Saao:
maybe the boys gather to fight him in solidarity with their mum. What most men goes through in the hands of women, is only God that knows.

True. Women can be very heartless. And the thing is, they can be tolerable for even up to 20 years of marriage, then suddenly they will just change. Overnight. Just turn heartless, cold, mean and selfish, with no conscience.

You will be wondering if this is the same person you've known for 20 years, or if some demon has possessed her.

And it's not just wives. Even your own mother can change like that overnight.

There's something about women.

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Sonyboom: 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
Don't mind the guy, the wife was Jesus that was why the husband decide to kill her.

cococandy:
oh shush. Without even knowing what happened you’ve left the obvious killer to blame his wife undecided
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Ishilove: 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
rusher14:

Who has coconut head?

The commenters cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Rossntti: 10:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
Beremx:
Indian and Chinese men will never control their nurse wives simply because she’s a nurse. African men and their wahala.

Twaaah!!

How many Indian and Chinese men have you fcked to know how they treat their women?

The African man was not 'wahala' when he was bringing your humble broke ass over to America to better yourself.

Asswipe.

I don't blame you. It's those Naija men who think any of you useless hos are worth the risk of marriage overseas that I blame.

Now they are getting sense, as these stories of your betrayals make the waves, and they will start to ignore and leave you in Nigeria where you belong.

Useless.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ishilove:

The commenters cheesy

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hathor5:

You should not have the name Jesus in your monicker.

Na eshu he suppose get abi?
Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by 12inchess: 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
I heard that Dr Dre's wife wants 2 million dollars a month for divorce settlement. I repeat 2 million dollars a month. She has not produced one song in her life or dropped one rap verse. Yet she wants 2 million dollars a month for what? She is still fighting in court despite prenup. Trying to ruin the poor man. I swear, if youre very wealthy as a man in U. S, I mean millions of dollars rich, just don't marry. Prenup may not even help u. Just dey your dey.
2milloon dollars a month. The number is still ringing in my hear. At my current pay, it will take me more than 20 years to earn 2 million dollars.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by tunapawizzy: 10:17pm On Dec 20, 2020
JayReeMai:
prenup doesn’t save you from anything. The woman just need to say she signed the prenup under duress and it will be flung out the window in the court. I don’t know the weak ass men creating these laws.
wahala for man o

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Rossntti: 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
Vinesee:
90% of marital failures are orchestrated by women. Look at home's where women are honest , loyal and supportive, that home always thrives . Many a times women 60% good behaviors makes best of men's 90% bad behavior. We just pray for our own wife's and not someone else.

99% more like.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by Rossntti: 10:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frustrated007:
these women keep Making my case against marriage stronger by the day grin
Marry a Nigerian woman at your own risk!!!
It seems Asian women make better wives

Not just Nigerian women. Black women in general have a real problem. AA, Jamo, Naija etc...

If you find a good one you're lucky.

4 Likes

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by rusher14: 10:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hassanmaye:

For where man give me one instance where Nigerian woman brought a Nigerian man to the US? shocked shocked

I know a few.

1 Like

Re: Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America by sonnie10: 10:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
This is the problem with Nigerian nurses and nurses households

After reading these and you are not able to figure out the enigma of being a husband of a US nurse then, nothing else would suffice.

Their lived experience is different and uniquely so as an immigrant with absolutely no extended family around for help and no previous inheritance unlike their native counterparts. Natives have grandparents to occasionally take care of kids and some inherited good fortune from parents. So they aren’t starting life from scratch.

A typical Nigerian nurse in the US is starting life from scratch. They must really work hard to survive, even harder to live the life you guys see when they post pictures on Facebook. Hard work in the US is mostly putting in more time, since salary is paid hourly. Unfortunately, there is only 24 hours in day. More so, nature has made it that you have to sleep about 6-8 hours in a day.

You are still wondering what point I am driving at? Just follow me!
Now, a couple has 3 school age children and the wife is nurse. Those kids must not be tardy for school or be picked up late from school. If they do, you have the authorities to contend with. And they must not be left alone.

Remember all most all nursing jobs is 12hours. Typical 7am - 8pm( less one hour break). So a nurse would have to leave home 6am and get back home 9pm everyday.
With no relatives abroad, now tell me who does the wife leave those kids for to go to work?

The obvious answer is the husband. Does it mean the husband doesn’t work? Yes, they do. They have decide to wok nights 10pm - 6am in order to take care of kids school.

This sacrifice is usually not acknowledged and never considered. He is simply a lazy man who stays home and makes the wife to work too hard. That is the mindset. Even the wife who is supposed to understand this family dynamics champions the labeling.

I don’t have to tell you who makes more money here as it is pretty obvious. Nigeria culture does not see it this way, instead they man is always a responsible breadwinner.

Worst still, armed with enough dollars, a Nigerian nurse forgets that natives who are equally nurses have inheritance, their house is paid for, parents paid college tuition, grandparents are talking care of kids. So they can afford a 2020 Tesla as a nurse. You can’t compete to trend with such people. The reason is that you are just a first generation immigrant starting from scratch.

But a Nigerian nurse with her “hard earned money “ would want to go get the 2021 jaguar. The husband dire not complain, after all did he work the money for her? This behavior is the same for every other expenditure.
As a humble Nigerian husband, they continue to struggle , suffer and build up resentment in silence. In the eyes of human and the law they have no case. On the contrary, deep down in the moral consciousness, these things are wrong.

Is there a way to correct them, absolutely none. Tell them to stay home and manage the little you can provide, you become the an enemy of progress and a backward thinker. it’s how the system works, you either continue to die silently or end it all.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Why I Slept With My Friend’s Teenage Daughter – UNILAG Lecturer. Picture. / Female One-Chance Robber Caught On Benin-Auchi Road Along With Her Gang Members / The Unvarnished Truth About Money Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.