Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? (49020 Views)

A Strong Tinubu Supporter Is Seriously Complaining About The Electricity Tariff. / Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like During This Lockdown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Homextras: 7:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
Even Albert Einstein will never solve Nigeria problem.. I pay less than 20k per month in a major city in Canada.. For 24hrs light...2 b/d

Even If NEPA begins to charge 100k per month for a one bedroom flat, there still won't be 24hrs light.. Nigeria is beyond redemption abeg..
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by lascos912(m): 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
we use prepaid metre, we all contributes #500 it last for 3weeks
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2020
orisa37:
The Bill REMAINS high N31.20 per unit now N58.11 per unit.

And I haven't had Electricity for 26+ hours. It was taken away 4pm last night. The time now is 6pm+. I am in KADUNA SOUTH CHRISTIAN AREA. TRIKANIA.
where in trikania are you staying?
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by sleeknaija(m): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
BigSarah:
Still paid 750naira as at December 3rd.. For 3bedrooms at the real Nigeria, Northern Nigeria.
God bless Arewa!

Modified

How many hours of supply do u have in a day?
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by leisuretym: 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2020
BigSarah:
Still paid 750naira as at December 3rd.. For 3bedrooms at the real Nigeria, Northern Nigeria.
God bless Arewa!

Modified
Dem no born any NEPA to come cut light for bauchi road! He will lose his job
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by boroskyuyo: 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2020
From 8k to 25k in uyo
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Prophet777: 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2020
I was charged with a sum of N82,000 for the month of Nov.

I stay in a room & parlour self contain in Ojodu by Ikeja Electric.

Is this not a madness in a country like Nigeria where the minimum wage is N30k?

It shall never be well with every officials invloved in this fraud called billing method sent to me.

See details below:

Dear ADEGIN E A MRS,
Please find below a breakdown of your energy Bill for the Month of Nov 2020.
Account No - 0100361549
Power Consumption(kWh) - 1,641.00
Previous Balance(₦) - 167,943.91
Payment(₦) - 20,000.00
Adjustment(₦) - 0.00
Current Charges(₦) - 82,788.04

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Prophet777: 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2020
Prophet777:
I was charged with a sum of N82,000 for the month of Nov by Ikeja Electric.

I stay in a room & parlour self contain in Ojodu.

It shall never be well with every officials invloved in this fraud called billing method sent to me.

See details below:

Dear ADEGIN E A MRS,
Account No - 0100361549
Payment(₦) - 20,000.00
Adjustment(₦) - 0.00
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by emerich(m): 8:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
BigSarah:
God bless Arewa!

Modified
Flat or non existent boobs, silicon is your friend.....
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Enskynelson(m): 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
Before the increment, I closed eyes and bought units worth 20k. I will be rocking that till middle of next year. Who knows, before then, maybe I for don upgrade my income.
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by zeestone99(m): 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2020
These bills are outrageous. I will advice you go solar if you have the funds or have anyone to bankroll you. Contact me for professional solar/inverter installation.

Call/chat - 08117398294
Email - info@mazinegroup.com
mazinegroup@gmail.com

Or visit our website www.mazinegroup.com

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by tolexy007(m): 8:27pm On Dec 21, 2020
Prophet777:
I was charged with a sum of N82,000 for the month of Nov.

I stay in a room & parlour self contain in Ojodu by Ikeja Electric.

See details below:

Dear ADEGIN E A MRS,
Account No - 0100361549
Payment(₦) - 20,000.00
Adjustment(₦) - 0.00

amen bro. it shall never b well with dem. may dey die a painful death. how can a room and palour b paying 82k for a month, wen u are not operating s saw mill bizness.
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
God bless you my brother

Amen.

And you too, bro.
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by ceaser: 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
I have been providing my own electricity for four years now. I have saved myself so much headache and naira.

I wish every household will be able to afford solar AE and dump this useless PHCN like Nigerians did NITEL.
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by shidof(m): 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
boyjo:
Guys, buy a big Gel battery and connect it to your ups.
Buy 10A battery charger N10k

Voila light.

Add
Solar panel monocrystalline 15k
And pwm charge controller 7k

Voilà charging from the sun
please, can you expatiate this or can we talk more on it
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by deebrain(m): 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2020
Jesus Christ
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Gunayo(m): 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
Afamed:

The question is, the millions you acquired during your Hero regime. Who has stolen them from you? Buhari hardship naaa

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by suraaj(m): 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2020
#1,800 two flat of 3bed but I use screw driver to reduce the rotation small.
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by boyjo: 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
shidof:
please, can you expatiate this or can we talk more on it
*Please any where you see say I mention "cellotape", na mistake. I meant , "insulation tape".

The first thing you need to buy is 10A battery charger. That is what I use for my 200AH battery.
I buy my own battery charger from Jumia.

The next thing na battery.
Car battery, keke marwa battery, anyone.
But make sure it is sealed
I prefer you buy Gel batteries but these car batteries are more affordable by far than a GEL battery. At least for a start.

I no buy my 200AH from Jumia o, 'couldn't trust them with that.

I initially started with a keke marwa battery, 36AH, but menh e no dey reach me at all, just about 6hrs e don quench and na that time me just dey start.
I bought it N15k in October but people say them cheat me.

Buy 100AH Gel battery instead of car batteries if you get the money but the money no too dey.

Then look for cable wey resemble the one wey dey inside your UPS, wey dey connected to the battery inside ups.
Or simply go to any electrical shop and ask for 1.5mm flexible cable.

Off your ups.

Now, open your UPS,
Gently bring the battery outside make no wire cut o.

Look am, you go see say one wire na red and the other na black, wey them connect to the UPS battery.

Dicommect these wires from the UPS battery
But make sure say you know where you disconnect each wire from.
Write for cellotape gum am put if that is what will make you remember.

Extend the red wire and extend the black wire with the wire wey you buy from electrical store.
I buy one yard, come cut am into two.

What I mean is join wire to the black wire and cellotape the joining.
Join wire to the red wire and cellotape the joining.
The exact number of UPS wire wey them be connect to each of your UPS battery terminal, na im you must join to the extra wire o.

So connect the ends of the wire to the terminals of your big, newly bought battery, black wire to black terminal and red wire to red terminal

ALWAYS CONNECT NEGATIVE FIRST.
Negative na always black or blue.
Positive na always red sha.

Voila!
On your Ups.
Connect extention for the UPS socket connect your fan or bulb wey get plug to the extension.
(You can do it yourself).
Fan dey chop battery o, make sure say your fan and TV na energy saving fans.
Energy saving fans are usually 5watts and 10watts.
Your TV should be led TV.
This is especially small batteries, so that e go fit manage last.

Or you can do what I do, I use my 200ah strictly for light and charging phones.
6days, this thing never off.

I have rechargeable USB fan and USB fan wet dey serve me excellently when NEPA no dey.
But of course, you can plug what you already have to the new UPS-battery connection.

Light!
When NEPA come, use your battery charger charge the battery.

For small batteries always use the smallest charging option ( not fast charging so that your battery no go heat up instead of getting charged).

Too much info right?

I fit look for video show you.

If you no like this method, which is way cheaper, simply buy inverter and battery wey go allow you change over and all your house go get light.

No use UPS charge the bigger battery wey you wan connect o.

No buy battery before battery charger o.
Buy battery charger first other wise you may ruin your battery.

No destroy your UPS alarm o.
When all these your battery low whether na after 24hrs, e go still tell you say e Don dey low.
There is a way to dampen UPS beeping so that e go come dey low and quiet and e no go dey vex you again.

My battery charger get 12V option and 6V charging option. But most batteries are 12V. Do not ever bother and experiment with 6V button in your battery charger o.
As soon as you buy the battery charger. just push the button go 12V.
I kukuma use cellotape block the 6V side on my battery charger so that I no go use mistake push am go 6V

3 Likes

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by mrsage(m): 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
boyjo:

The first thing you need to buy is 10A battery charger. That is what I use for my 200AH battery.
I buy my own battery charger from Jumia.

The next thing na battery.
Car battery, keke marwa battery anyone.
But make sure is it sealed
I prefer you buy gel batteries but those ones are more affordable for a start.

I initially started with a keke marwa battery, 36AH, but menh e no dey reach me at all, just about 6hrs e don quench and na that time me just dey start.
I bought it N15k in October but people sy them cheat me.

Then look for cable wey resemble the one weu dey inside your UPS, wey dey connected to the battery inside ups.
Or simply go to any electrical shop and ask for 1.5mm flexible cable.

Off your ups.

Now, open your UPS,
Gently bring the battery outside make no wire cut o.

Look am, you go see say one wore na red and the other na black.

The wire wey you just buy, cut am make e no long pass elbow to wrist to minimise loss. Extend the red wire and extend the black wire by with these two wires wey you just cut.

So connect the ends of the wire to the terminals of the battery, black wire to black terminal and red wire to red terminal

ALWAYS CONNECT NEGATIVE FIRST.
Negative na always black or blue.
Positive na always red sha.

Voila!
On your Ups.
Connect extention for the ups socket connect your fan or bulb wey get plug.
(You can do it yourself)

Light!
When NEPA come, use your battery charger charge the battery.

For small batteries always use the smallest charging option ( not fast charging so that your battery no go heat up instead of getting charged).

Too much info right?

I fit look for video show you.

If you no like this method, which is way cheaper, simply buy inverter and battery wey go allow you change over and all your house go get light

Nice 1

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Greenback: 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
LZAA:

Shatap

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by basadenet: 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
I have a similar case in my house, especially the November bill, which I consider not only outrageous but too extremely high. I have to write to them to come and disconnect the power supply to my house.
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by kaysy(m): 9:59pm On Dec 21, 2020
Price Slash... A Whooping 23.7% off the price just so you can afford it, trust us, it can't be cheaper than this anywhere... Contact us today to get started.

Remember: Use parts of your 2021 house rent to settle this once and for all, you and your landlord will resolve the matter later.

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Davland(m): 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
boyjo:

Yes.
Even fan.
But the implication of this is, as your load increases, it will drain the battery faster except you buy more batteries or bigger batteries.

I close eye buy the 200Ah gel battery.

I was using 36ah battery before, but e dey take me only 4-6 hours.

I no dey misuse the battery as if na NEPA o.
I reserve it for night use.
My light stays switched on throughout the night.

Na light and phone concern me pass

Fan is taken care off already.

I changed all my bulbs from tungsten to led bulbs. They use far less energy.

If you have UPS already, you dey suffer yourself if you no connect am to big battery.

No forget to connect small chikelen fan were go dey blow the ups o.
You MUST buy USB fan or computer cpu fan for the UPS.

No go connect fridge of 2000watts to 650watts (650VA),UPS o.

My UPS na the 650VA one.
Some people get 2.5Kva UPS

Thanks bro, make I enter your DM

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by LaIastlcIaIa: 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
cheesy
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by ZiggyMr(m): 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
So no be only me...
I received 42k bill in November for my flat and my next door neighbor. I became worried because we paid 10k the previous month, I had to holla them on Twitter and copy @fccpc. Two weeks later I saw phed pple for my door with one nonsense device to take meter reading.
Just last week, I received a call from FCCPC that there was an error on the bill and 14k had been deducted to make my bill 28k. Now I don receive two different bills for December 94k and 33k, I think they are just confused.
I don jejely pay 10k, no stress.

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by moodyguy: 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2020
boyjo:

Yes.
Even fan.
But the implication of this is, as your load increases, it will drain the battery faster except you buy more batteries or bigger batteries.

I close eye buy the 200Ah gel battery.

I was using 36ah battery before, but e dey take me only 4-6 hours.

I no dey misuse the battery as if na NEPA o.
I reserve it for night use.
My light stays switched on throughout the night.

Na light and phone concern me pass

Fan is taken care off already.

I changed all my bulbs from tungsten to led bulbs. They use far less energy.

If you have UPS already, you dey suffer yourself if you no connect am to big battery.

No forget to connect small chikelen fan were go dey blow the ups o.
You MUST buy USB fan or computer cpu fan for the UPS.

No go connect fridge of 2000watts to 650watts (650VA),UPS o.

My UPS na the 650VA one.
Some people get 2.5Kva UPS
hw do I carry out the connection,
?Can the UPS conveniently charge d Solar battery.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by moodyguy: 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2020
hardbody:

I have 278k. I will sue them in January. The zonal manager said i should just pay 40k and forget the suit because he understands the implucation. I will get a restraining order for status quo to be maintained pending the determination of the suit. What that also means is that if the matter lasts for one month or 10 years they cant bring bills and they cant disconnect me. I have ordered for meter for close to 2years now and no one is doing anything. I have valid proof of all of those. Sick country.
Are u a lawyer
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by sonofthunder: 10:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sanchez01:

Well, my usage is incredibly high. And I need everything to run non stop. The locality itself is on premium subscription, so it is somewhat a big deal.

What do you mean by your usage being incredibly high? Are you running industrial pumps/coolers? Made trouble with NEPA after calculating my consumption and discovering a huge gulf of difference and this is the fate of everyone yet to get a prepaid meter. Reason why some distribution companies never seems to have prepaid meters for their customers.
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Amen.
And you too, bro.
And Amen! Sleep tight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Aconomist: 10:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
Goodluck Jonathan is the worst thing to have ever happened to Nigeria. I don't know why that ape is still a free man.
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by justy15: 10:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
We need to end EEDC, they are wrecking people and closing small businesses in the east. They gave me 26k in a container shop and 24k in a 3bed room flat. I paid 10k on each yet they disconnected me I feel like setting them ablaze n cause a revolution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Meaning Of ' Gazelle Gagaraga ' (Explained) / Fashola: Linking Me With Naira Marley’s Flight Is Ridiculous / Senate President Saraki Visits Atiku Abubakar (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.