Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? (48938 Views)

A Strong Tinubu Supporter Is Seriously Complaining About The Electricity Tariff. / Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like During This Lockdown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by bomee(m): 11:05pm On Dec 21, 2020
The bill this month is crazy. 64k for my flat here in Ogba. They said I used 1500+ units and they've stopped sales of prepaid meter.
This country just tire me, there's no one to report to. Writing a complaint letter to them is like making them a judge over their own case.
It's like there is no government in place.
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Afamed: 11:28pm On Dec 21, 2020
ElexObi1:
i wonder why people like you still support Buhari when the hand writing is boldly written on the well. it like you enjoy suffering very well or suffering is your middle name
Because Buhari has simply blocked your avenue of getting free meal from the national treasure

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by bmos(m): 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
[quote author=BigSarah post=97261530]

That's what I've been paying since February.

Tell us, you bypass meter ni?
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Adeevah(m): 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
19k....for a 3bedroom flat around kola, alagbado, lagos
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by mechanics(m): 12:41am On Dec 22, 2020
Hmmmm, you better look for a house with prepaid, am enjoying mine, I load ₦2,500 since September with some units, and am still using the units.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Coolgent(m): 1:14am On Dec 22, 2020
BigSarah:
Still paid 750naira as at December 3rd.. For 3bedrooms at the real Nigeria, Northern Nigeria.
God bless Arewa!

Modified
Chai!
Ba gaskiya bane
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by boyjo: 1:20am On Dec 22, 2020
moodyguy:
hw do I carry out the connection,
?Can the UPS conveniently charge d Solar battery.
*Please any where you see say I mention "cellotape", na mistake. I meant , "insulation tape".

The first thing you need to buy is 10A battery charger. That is what I use for my 200AH battery.
I buy my own battery charger from Jumia.

The next thing na battery.
Car battery, keke marwa battery, anyone.
But make sure it is sealed
I prefer you buy Gel batteries but these car batteries are more affordable by far than a GEL battery. At least for a start.

I no buy my 200AH from Jumia o, 'couldn't trust them with that.

I initially started with a keke marwa battery, 36AH, but menh e no dey reach me at all, just about 6hrs e don quench and na that time me just dey start.
I bought it N15k in October but people say them cheat me.

Buy 100AH Gel battery instead of car batteries if you get the money but the money no too dey.

Then look for cable wey resemble the one wey dey inside your UPS, wey dey connected to the battery inside ups.
Or simply go to any electrical shop and ask for 1.5mm flexible cable.

Off your ups.

Now, open your UPS,
Gently bring the battery outside make no wire cut o.

Look am, you go see say one wire na red and the other na black, wey them connect to the UPS battery.

Dicommect these wires from the UPS battery
But make sure say you know where you disconnect each wire from.
Write for cellotape gum am put if that is what will make you remember.

Extend the red wire and extend the black wire with the wire wey you buy from electrical store.
I buy one yard, come cut am into two.

What I mean is join wire to the black wire and cellotape the joining.
Join wire to the red wire and cellotape the joining.
The exact number of UPS wire wey them be connect to each of your UPS battery terminal, na im you must join to the extra wire o.

So connect the ends of the wire to the terminals of your big, newly bought battery, black wire to black terminal and red wire to red terminal

ALWAYS CONNECT NEGATIVE FIRST.
Negative na always black or blue.
Positive na always red sha.

Voila!
On your Ups.
Connect extention for the UPS socket connect your fan or bulb wey get plug to the extension.
(You can do it yourself).
Fan dey chop battery o, make sure say your fan and TV na energy saving fans.
Energy saving fans are usually 5watts and 10watts.
Your TV should be led TV.
This is especially small batteries, so that e go fit manage last.

Or you can do what I do, I use my 200ah strictly for light and charging phones.
6days, this thing never off.

I have rechargeable USB fan and USB fan wet dey serve me excellently when NEPA no dey.
But of course, you can plug what you already have to the new UPS-battery connection.

Light!
When NEPA come, use your battery charger charge the battery.

For small batteries always use the smallest charging option ( not fast charging so that your battery no go heat up instead of getting charged).

Too much info right?

I fit look for video show you.

If you no like this method, which is way cheaper, simply buy inverter and battery wey go allow you change over and all your house go get light.

No use UPS charge the bigger battery wey you wan connect o.

No buy battery before battery charger o.
Buy battery charger first other wise you may ruin your battery.

No destroy your UPS alarm o.
When all these your battery low whether na after 24hrs, e go still tell you say e Don dey low.
There is a way to dampen UPS beeping so that e go come dey low and quiet and e no go dey vex you again.

My battery charger get 12V option and 6V charging option. But most batteries are 12V. Do not ever bother and experiment with 6V button in your battery charger o.
As soon as you buy the battery charger. just push the button go 12V.
I kukuma use cellotape block the 6V side on my battery charger so that I no go use mistake push am go 6V

Cc: Davland

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:01am On Dec 22, 2020
Paretomaster1:

Honestly, very pathetic, especially those Flatron*s.

That was how one turned a very nice thread into tribal warzone, just because someone said he wants to learn Hausa, and the eediot start with why will u learn Hausa, why not Igbo? Just imagine..

No difference between you and those you're condemning, cos you're also being a tribal bigot with your statement.
You need to remove the log in your eyes first.
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by cosmos2000(m): 3:16am On Dec 22, 2020
Orubebe01:
My compound is using postpaid, previous months' bill was around ₦25,000, ₦22,000 and ₦35,0000 but to my greatest amazement November bill was whopping ₦70,000 cheesy

How is it in your area cos am wondering if am being cheated alone.

The bill Skyrocketed this year...our November newly bill actually was 1700 per room,
Bill that have pass 900before just jump go 1700

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by ceaser: 3:39am On Dec 22, 2020
boyjo:

*Please any where you see say I mention "cellotape", na mistake. I meant , "insulation tape".

The first thing you need to buy is 10A battery charger. That is what I use for my 200AH battery.

You need more fine tuning and "oomph" to your alternative energy sojourn. Visit this thread for great insights.

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/912
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by HRMK: 3:40am On Dec 22, 2020
STOP COMPLAINING!GET URSELF A PREPAID METER NOW!IT DOESNT COST MUCH!!
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by toye440: 6:04am On Dec 22, 2020
Afamed:

What has Christain area got to do with discussion here?
Most of you, are naturally silly with the kind of religion sentiment you play in every forum
U may not like the truth but yet he speaks the truth. I've made up my mind to disconnect come january since 9ja now belongs to some ppl. If U follow this trend u will find someone who paid #750, if u like believe it cos billing here is sentimental.
Their billing is based on estimation. U can doubt what he said but i can testify cos am in it too.
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Revolva(m): 6:37am On Dec 22, 2020
NEPA bill now na way Govt de take scam citizens
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by phumtadeic: 7:22am On Dec 22, 2020
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by phumtadeic: 7:30am On Dec 22, 2020
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by phumtadeic: 7:32am On Dec 22, 2020
boyjo:

Car battery, keke marwa battery, anyone.
But make sure it is sealed
I prefer you buy Gel batteries but these car batteries are more affordable by far than a GEL battery. At least for a start.

I no buy my 200AH from Jumia o, 'couldn't trust them with that.

I initially started with a keke marwa battery, 36AH, but menh e no dey reach me at all, just about 6hrs e don quench and na that time me just dey start.
I bought it N15k in October but people say them cheat me.

Buy 100AH Gel battery instead of car batteries if you get the money but the money no too dey.

Then look for cable wey resemble the one wey dey inside your UPS, wey dey connected to the battery inside ups.

Off your ups.

Now, open your UPS,

Look am, you go see say one wire na red and the other na black, wey them connect to the UPS battery.

Dicommect these wires from the UPS battery
But make sure say you know where you disconnect each wire from.
Write for cellotape gum am put if that is what will make you remember.

Extend the red wire and extend the black wire with the wire wey you buy from electrical store.
I buy one yard, come cut am into two.

What I mean is join wire to the black wire and cellotape the joining.
Join wire to the red wire and cellotape the joining.
The exact number of UPS wire wey them be connect to each of your UPS battery terminal, na im you must join to the extra wire o.

So connect the ends of the wire to the terminals of your big, newly bought battery, black wire to black terminal and red wire to red terminal

Voila!
On your Ups.
Connect extention for the UPS socket connect your fan or bulb wey get plug to the extension.
(You can do it yourself).
Fan dey chop battery o, make sure say your fan and TV na energy saving fans.
Energy saving fans are usually 5watts and 10watts.
Your TV should be led TV.
This is especially small batteries, so that e go fit manage last.

Or you can do what I do, I use my 200ah strictly for light and charging phones.
6days, this thing never off.

I have rechargeable USB fan and USB fan wet dey serve me excellently when NEPA no dey.
But of course, you can plug what you already have to the new UPS-battery connection.

Light!

For small batteries always use the smallest charging option ( not fast charging so that your battery no go heat up instead of getting charged).

Too much info right?

If you no like this method, which is way cheaper, simply buy inverter and battery wey go allow you change over and all your house go get light.

No use UPS charge the bigger battery wey you wan connect o.

No buy battery before battery charger o.
Buy battery charger first other wise you may ruin your battery.

No destroy your UPS alarm o.
When all these your battery low whether na after 24hrs, e go still tell you say e Don dey low.
There is a way to dampen UPS beeping so that e go come dey low and quiet and e no go dey vex you again.

My battery charger get 12V option and 6V charging option. But most batteries are 12V. Do not ever bother and experiment with 6V button in your battery charger o.
As soon as you buy the battery charger. just push the button go 12V.
I kukuma use cellotape block the 6V side on my battery charger so that I no go use mistake push am go 6V

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Dynamiceagle(f): 7:35am On Dec 22, 2020
for power we rarely see for a week, the house doesn't use fridge, no electrical cooker or likes, just a TV, a fan and 3 energy bulbs

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by phumtadeic: 7:41am On Dec 22, 2020
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by Greenback: 7:50am On Dec 22, 2020
Afamed:

The problem is majority of you have a very short memory.
And nothing one can do redeem habitual serial wailer like una

This one is going about upandan with papers and biro....mental grin grin grin

Lzaa imhothep grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by bomee(m): 8:17am On Dec 22, 2020
Well, I was told the federal government just supplied new prepaid meters to be distributed free, so they are presently not encouraging payment for new meters.
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by 77up(m): 8:35am On Dec 22, 2020
Afamed:

What has Christain area got to do with discussion here?
Most of you, are naturally silly with the kind of religion sentiment you play in every forum
Just imagine that nonsense grin

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by hardbody: 9:21am On Dec 22, 2020
moodyguy:
Are u a lawyer

Yes Sir
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by megley(f): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2020
N31,000.00

I just laughed when i saw the bill

E be like say NEPA people wan crase
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by winningwinner(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2020
Afamed:

Tell that to GEJ who saw genuine investors but rather prefer to sell the power distribution to his PDP cronies as a way of compensating them.
There were genuine investors who could have turned things around for the power distribution in Nigeria. Ask GEJ why did he sell power distribution to his PDP allies.

If you have short memory, we will be here, to refresh your memory for you, with facts and figure

The same way you could have said it, had Buhari not won 2015 election. Genuine investors indeed!
Please look for something better to say....
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by LZAA: 10:22am On Dec 22, 2020
Greenback:

This one is going about upandan with papers and biro....mental grin grin grin

Lzaa imhothep grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by boyjo: 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2020
ceaser:

You need more fine tuning and "oomph" to your alternative energy sojourn. Visit this thread for great insights.

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/912

Forget that fine tuning o.

I don already tell them say if they need fine tuning make them buy inverter normal.

Na wetin I dey use for my house and NEPA wahala no concern me again I Don describe. Minimalist investment.

I get light wella.
Light, heat, no be my problem again.

My fridge is just 100watts.
I go buy separate battery for that one any time I carry fridge matter for head.
No be say I no fit use thyefridge for the connection wey I get now, I fit but I no wan do am.

But you see that dead phone battery and no light for night wahala? That one no be my wahala again o, fine tuning or nah...

I go still visit your thread sha, relax.

I don visit your thread, all those one na long story naw. I no spend reach that kain money take get the alternate power wey I get so.
Thenk

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by shidof(m): 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2020
boyjo:

Car battery, keke marwa battery anyone.
But make sure is it sealed
I prefer you buy gel batteries but those ones are more affordable for a start.

I bought it N15k in October but people sy them cheat me.

Then look for cable wey resemble the one weu dey inside your UPS, wey dey connected to the battery inside ups.

Off your ups.

Now, open your UPS,

Look am, you go see say one wore na red and the other na black.

Extend the red wire and extend the black wire by with these two wires wey you just cut.

So connect the ends of the wire to the terminals of the battery, black wire to black terminal and red wire to red terminal

Voila!
On your Ups.
Connect extention for the ups socket connect your fan or bulb wey get plug.
(You can do it yourself)

Light!

Too much info right?

You know that crocodile Clip (battery clip) wey dey follow gen come? You can also use it to charge your battery. E get where them dey plug am For the generator. For 36Ah battery, them say na only 5mins to use gen charge am directly.

Thanks so much Boss
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by boyjo: 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
shidof:
Thanks so much Boss
You are welcome my brodaaa...
But I don edit that post sha, kindky check again.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by holatin(m): 7:03pm On Dec 22, 2020
austino677:
1,300 for 2bed apartment
been paying 5000 or 4600 for two bed apartment for d past 6 month
Re: How Is The Electricity Bill In Your Area? by shidof(m): 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2020
boyjo:

You are welcome my brodaaa...
But I don edit that post sha, kindky check again.

okay,. I'll do that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Jonathan Trekker Gets Financial Support From The UK [photo] / DJ Switch To CNN: Nigeria Is A Dictatorship With A Democratic Face / Police Arraign Sowore 'With A Broken Nose' & 4 Others In Magistrate Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.