Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye (6566 Views)

I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie / Anambra Delegation Came To See Obasanjo, But He Refused To Let Them In - Adefuye / Anthony Adefuye: Obasanjo Is An Igbo Man From Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Ctorch: 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
"When we were in the 2014 National conference, that was why some of them went and take money from President Goodluck Jonathan and said that he should make derivation 25 percent. I asked, if you make derivation 25 percent, how does that save we Yorubas that have no oil? When my children will come and read in history that I was part of the people that said derivation should go to Ijaw people?".

Senator Anthony Adefuye

Speaking with our correspondent on Thursday, Adefuye said he parted ways with Afenifere leaders because they are not honest people.
Adefuye who accused them of cheating the late Funso Williams also added that Afenifere leaders are embittered against him for supporting Obasanjo in the 1999 presidential election.
He said "Odumakin is a man who talks for what he will get from what he says. He knows no facts. The only sin I committed against Afenifere was that I supported Obasanjo during the 1999 presidential election".

"At that time, they also cheated late Funsho Williams and so I decided not to work with them. I have just been keeping quiet not because we don't know them. We know them very well. The problems they are facing now, they caused it themselves".

"When we were in the 2014 National conference, that was why some of them went and take money from President Goodluck Jonathan and said that he should make derivation 25 percent. I asked, if you make derivation 25 percent, how does that save we Yorubas that have no oil? When my children will come and read in history that I was part of the people that said derivation should go to Ijaw people?".

Cc

Naijatica
Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
On another person's resources....Lol

Well it is good you guys acknowledged you have no oil more reason same Obasanjo this man is denigrating was the person that carved oil community for Yorubas into Ondo state.

Greediness no start today..

17 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Nigeriabiafra80: 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2020
Ok
Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by mightyhazel: 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2020
Ijaws in the house? Anyone?

4 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by IamWonderful: 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2020
How many times are we going to read this sensational story, two or more version of the tales by moonlight is already on the front-page, or do you want to turn it to BBN thread?

2 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by IamWonderful: 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

On another person's resources....Lol

Well it is good you guys acknowledged you have no oil more reason same Obasanjo this man is denigrating was the person that carved oil community for Yorubas into Ondo state.

Greediness no start today..
Sorry where are the ijaws? You people just like to be mischievous and irresponsible.
Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by tutudesz: 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
mightyhazel:
All region, whether South West, South East, North Central, North East is against the South South on resource control. The PIB is yet to be passed for years, because it will give oil producing communities and state more money.

8 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
IamWonderful:
Sorry where are the ijaws? You people just like to be mischievous and irresponsible.

I wasn't the one that made the statement.

Senator Adefuye the mischievous loose mouth is now telling the whole world how they kicked against people's derivation.

If there is anyone mischievous that is Adefuye Insulting his own kin Obasanjo for just small cash flung at him..

But at same time shaming his people..

13 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Dedetwo(m): 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
mightyhazel:

Ijo in the house you asked? House boys always enjoy the company of gossipers. If the dude had said Ndigbo were the main reason Ijo and other southern minorities in the southern region of Nigeria lagged in anything human endeavor, they would have been out with their dirty mouths spew crap.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
tutudesz:

All region, whether South West, South East, North Central, North East is against the South South on resource control. The PIB is yet to be passed for years, because it will give oil producing communities and state more money.

On that I disagree because you are not well informed.

Go and get the full meeting concerning about the issue of 25% derivation.

East politicians walked out of the meeting, because they insisted it must be 25%.

On this you are Ill-Informed.

Adefuye speaks exactly what happened.

16 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Dedetwo(m): 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2020
tutudesz:

You have written like a child. The fight for derivation control was spearheaded by men of timber from south east. Be mindful southeast has a considerable amount of crude oil. The issue revolved around offshore crude oil. South east staged a good fight to secure 13% presently enjoyed by some dirty ass goons in Nigeria.

20 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dedetwo:

Ijo in the house you asked? House boys always enjoy the company of gossipers. If the dude had said Ndigbo were the main reason Ijo and other southern minorities in the southern region of Nigeria lagged in anything human endeavor, they would have been out with their dirty mouths spew crap.

The issue is that the statement is full of Greediness and is bad

2 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dedetwo:

You have written like a child. The fight for derivation control was spearheaded by men of timber from south east. Be mindful southeast has a considerable amount of crude oil. The issue revolved around offshore crude oil. South east staged a good fight to secure 13% presently enjoyed by some dirty ass goons in Nigeria.

I don't know how old he is but I have lectured him on that.

But I believe probably he is a child and not conversant with his Journals.

8 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by tutudesz: 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

On that I disagree because you are not well informed.

Go and get the full meeting concerning about the issue of 25% derivation.

East politicians walked out of the meeting, because they insisted it must be 25%.

On this you are Ill-Informed.

Adefuye speaks exactly what happened.
Am not well inform undecided Adefuye(South West) and South East delegates were always in EK Clark house in Abuja during the national conference, meeting on how to speak with one voice.
Every Region will benefit less with 25% derivation going to South South. When the issue of Zamfara gold issue came up, did any Senator speak up from South East or South West Did any Senator support Omo Agege when he spoke up undecided
It just sad that South South is feeding a ungrateful country.

5 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by tutudesz: 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dedetwo:

Resource Control spearheaded by South East grin Please name them undecided Resource control is the brainchild of Ijaws leaders, before other Niger Delta people joined.

1 Like

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
tutudesz:

Am not well inform undecided Adefuye(South West) and South East delegates were always in EK Clark house in Abuja during the national conference, meeting on how to speak with one voice.
Every Region will benefit less with 25% derivation going to South South. When the issue of Zamfara gold issue came up, did any Senator speak up from South East or South West Did any Senator support Omo Agege when he spoke up undecided

Young man I detest deviation. I replied based on issue on how 13% derivation started.

While Some insisted on 25%, others were favoring 17% which even later slides to 13%.

That was the basis of my reply to what transpired back then...

Zamfara issue is a recent case and at present Nothing can change because about it.

The gold is theirs.

2 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by tutudesz: 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Young man I detest deviation. I replied based on issue on how 13% derivation started.

While Some insisted on 25%, others were favoring 17% which even later slides to 13%.

That was the basis of my reply to what transpired back then...

Zamfara issue is a recent case and at present Nothing can change because about it.

The gold is theirs.
The Ijaw fought for 25% derivation, Other tribes in Niger Delta later joined and agreed for 12%. Name the East politican who walked out from a meeting headed by Niger Delta leaders

1 Like

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Conrod: 7:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
tutudesz:

Who told you that southeast is against resource control? imo,abia,anambra are oil producing states.

8 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by tutudesz: 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dedetwo:

Am still waiting for you to name the men wearing Timberland from South East who spearheaded the fight for derivation.

1 Like

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by tutudesz: 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
Conrod:
Who told you that southeast is against resource control? imo,abia,anambra are oil producing states.
Because that is what is on ground, Resource control is a South South fight, while that is South East is to return to the 1960 Constitution. How many South East leader is fighting for resource control A average Niger Deltans is agitating for resource Control, because we are the ones living with the side effects of oil pollution daily.
Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Rugaria: 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
tutudesz:

Prove that south east is against resource control or shut your useless mouth! Do you know how many Igbo communities that produce oil? Why are you people so desperate to force the notion that igbos don't have oil? Do you know that most oil produced inland in Rivers State are from Igbo communities? Do you know that lots of the oil pipelines that folks in South South collect fees to protect carry oil from the east? Do you know that the east has the highest record of gas reserves anywhere in west Africa? So will the east be against a policy that will favour it much?? Explain with examples where the east is against more money for oil communities... We are waiting...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by tutudesz: 7:30pm On Dec 24, 2020
Rugaria:

Prove that south east is against resource control or shut your useless mouth! Do you know how many Igbo communities that produce oil? Why are you people so desperate to force the notion that igbos don't have oil? Do you know that most oil produced inland in Rivers State are from Igbo communities? Do you know that lots of the oil pipelines that folks in South South collect fees to protect carry oil from the east? Do you know that the east has the highest record of gas reserves anywhere in west Africa? So will the east be against a policy that will favour it much?? Explain with examples where the east is against more money for oil communities... We are waiting...
Yeah I know has the highest gas reserve in Nigeria and The most oil producing communities in Rivers State is in Oginni land, follow by Ijaw communities.
Please provide proof that Igbos are in support of resource control undecided how many state are oil producing state in South East Compare that to a region with 100 oil producing state.

2 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Dedetwo(m): 7:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
tutudesz:

Do you mean Edwin Clark, a noted house boy to the political elites from northern region of Nigeria? EK Clark was compromised in 1967 therefore had no leverage to talk about derivation. You seem not to understand Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Dedetwo(m): 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2020
tutudesz:

Who the hell is Omo Agege? Yesterday's senator in the shithole called Nigeria is practically nobody.

4 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Dedetwo(m): 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2020
tutudesz:

Am still waiting for you to name the men wearing Timberland from South East who spearheaded the fight for derivation.

You are really an intellectual midget. In your frame of mind, you expect me to list names as in measuring something, right?

6 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by tutudesz: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dedetwo:

You are really an intellectual midget. In your frame of mind, you expect me to list names as in measuring something, right?
Yes! Because i know the Ijaw leaders who fought for this.
Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Rugaria: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
tutudesz:

Yeah I know has the highest gas reserve in Nigeria and The most oil producing communities in Rivers State is in Oginni land, follow by Ijaw communities.
Please provide proof that Igbos are in support of resource control undecided

The south east caucus during the 1995 national conference were the only group that worked with the south south to achieve resource control by walking out of the conference thereby forcing Abacha to announce 13 percent derivation payments for oil producing communities.. The south west and middle belt that acted like they will support the push for resource control disappeared at the very last minute.. Why would the south East be against resource control? Take away offshore oil , the amount of oil in Igbo communities including Igbo communities of the south south can rival any geopolitical zone of the country!

11 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by tutudesz: 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dedetwo:

Who the hell is Omo Agege? Yesterday's senator in the shithole called Nigeria is practically nobody.
A political nobody who is fighting for his region
Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by tutudesz: 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2020
Rugaria:

The south east caucus during the 1995 national conference were the only group that worked with the south south to achieve resource control by walking out of the conference thereby forcing Abacha to announce 13 percent derivation payments for oil producing communities.. The south west and middle belt that acted like they will support the push for resource control disappeared at the very last minute.. Why would the south East be against resource control? Take away offshore oil , the amount of oil in Igbo communities including Igbo communities of the south south can rival any geopolitical zone of the country!

A Facebook post Serioiously

1 Like

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Rugaria: 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
tutudesz:

A Facebook post Serioiously
Didn't post that to convince you.. If you could be saved, you won't even ask the question because the answer is obvious. However, if you genuinely crave for better education on this issue, judiciously use Google! The facts are no secrets..

11 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by tutudesz: 7:47pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dedetwo:

Do you mean Edwin Clark, a noted house boy to the political elites from northern region of Nigeria? EK Clark was compromised in 1967 therefore had no leverage to talk about derivation. You seem not to understand Nigeria.
House boy who fought for resource Control, compromised undecided was that the reason Biafran troop wanted to kill him

2 Likes

Re: What Will I Tell My Children That I Supported Ijaw To Get 25% Derivation-Adefuye by Dedetwo(m): 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2020
tutudesz:

Please provide proof that Igbos are in support of resource control undecided how many state are oil producing state in South East Compare that to a region with 100 oil producing state.

The bolded showed again you are one of the expendables from Rivers State. OML 11, is the largest crude oil communities in Rivers State and some part of Abia State. OML 11 comprised Ogoni, Ikwerre land, Opu Obu (Opobo), Nkoro, Andoni, Obigbo and Owaza. Owaza is the largest crude oil producing community in OML 11 is seated in Abia State. The Chairperson of council of traditional rulers among the oil producing communities in OML 11 is from Etitioha Owaza, Abia State. Ijo has little or no Onshore crude oil field. The so-called Oloibiri has been capped and returned to the forest. Owaza oil fields started in 1958 two years after Oloibiri yet going stronger. Anybody who spewed the bolded crap in the above post has no seat in this discussion. Most of the Ogoni wells in OML 11 have run dry. Recently, Rivers State govt. has acquired the Ogoni oil fields in OML 11.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ACN Scribe Rejects Jonathan's Pib Appointment. / GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards / Gov.wike Live On Sunrise Daily.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.