Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1307875 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Younglami: 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2021
I applied to university of hull please can u email me would like to ask some questions
Jameswande:
Anyone going to University of Hull?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Amylew: 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2021
FruitfulRay:
Congratulations... Your story sweet me, similar to mine.

Going for my walk in Biometric tomorrow, I key into your testimony

We will celebrate yours too very soon. Grace and favour of God will go with you.
Thank you so much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ykaa(m): 8:24pm On Jul 11, 2021
teeboi77:
Good evening great mind,I have been reading about address on TB test certificate,is IOM going to ask for this address when I go for the test?
Also am doing family of 4,wifey is the student while me and our two kids will be dependant to all apply at the same time using same POF and we intend to stay at my sister in-laws place in the UK when we get there,my question is can we use her address for the TB test and also can we say we will be staying there for quarantine when applying for visa??

Kind responses will be appreciated

It suffices to use the address of the school as your UK address especially at this stage.

BW
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DoubleN(m): 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2021

It suffices to use the address of the school as your UK address especially at this stage.

BW

Good Evening, please what documents should one have when booking the TB test? I plan heading to their office to book a date as distinguished person's here have advised.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Adebayobest: 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2021
[quote author=FruitfulRay post=103605715]Congratulations... Your story sweet me, similar to mine.

Going for my walk in Biometric tomorrow, I key into your testimony

[/quot
Amen,all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ayosco2008(m): 9:58pm On Jul 11, 2021
Hammola:
Good day, it is my intention to apply for UK students Visa. I am a bit confused about priority visa. Can someone with visa refused in the past make use of it. Experts on this trend should come to my aids.

I had a previous uk visa refusal I did priority and got my visa within 5 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Liddy: 10:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
ayosco2008:

I had a previous uk visa refusal I did priority and got my visa within 5 days
Wow, you’re so lucky o. Congratulations!
Did you get the non straightforward mail? And where was your application center!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Teniremi: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ykaa:

BW

What if I already used address of where I will be staying which is still the same city
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Babababy(m): 10:31pm On Jul 11, 2021
Liddy:

Wow, you’re so lucky o. Congratulations!
Did you get the non straightforward mail? And where was your application center!

This might help, curled from the TLS website under reasons why applicants can get a not straightforward email for applicants that paid for priority.

However, every application is unique, and if your application is not straightforward, it may not be possible to meet this timescale. If this is the case, your application will still be put at the front of the queue at every stage of the decision-making process, and UKVI will aim to process your application within global customer service standards. Your application may not be straightforward if you have:

• been refused a visa for the UK, and/or;
• been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or;
• been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
• overstayed a period of leave in the UK, and/or;
• had leave to remain in the UK curtailed by the Home Office, and/or;
• been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
• been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America, or the Schengen countries, and/or;
• you have been interviewed, detained, or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the UK or elsewhere, and/or;
• you have an unspent criminal conviction in any country, and/or;
• you have committed a criminal offence in any country.
If you fall into one of these categories, you may not want to use the Priority Visa service, as UKVI may be unable to process your application within the 5-day timescale.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kithkin: 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2021
Did u put in relevant working experience ost=100958549]Please am worried. I graduated with a third class and I apply to many U.k university which I was rejected. Now the problem is that I was issued by university of derby that I have gotten admission that I would be given admission letter yesterday. I have waited and waited no letter. I want to send them message but my inner man dey tell me to calm down and dont show I am desperate[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Justice2700: 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2021
Good evening gurus in the house
I realized that the address on my bank statement is different from the address on my CAS. I already booked my biometrics appointment but still uploading documents since I choose self service. I am thinking of going to the bank to update my bank address so it can match that of the CAS. This bank statement was what I showed the school before they issued a CAS.
Please is there any need going to update it, my biometrics is on Friday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by governoragweven: 11:24pm On Jul 11, 2021
Tybello101:

Oh really, am heading to Middlesex University as well for sept. Intake & i never got any discount!
Pls, am I to email the regional office?

Yes, you are to mail them requesting for the regional discount/scholarship. Then attach your Bsc certificate together with the mail.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by seunny4lif(m): 11:31pm On Jul 11, 2021
UK to ship all black back to Africa after 3 black players lose their penalties grin

Na joke ooooh cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kenfarm(m): 12:11am On Jul 12, 2021
Santa2:
I am grateful for this thread and all the contributors. They made my visa application seamless while I was on it. It is a huge reservoir of knowledge. One advise I would give prospective student is this. When seeking admission, if aligns with your plans, pick January start over September start(that's if, Jan start is available in your intended school). Why? You get upto three(four in some cases) months of holiday where you can work full time). If you are a hardworking and resourceful person you can use this period to save up some reserve. But before you do, please confirm from your school if they can issue you a term date letter. This shows the period when you will be on in term time and on vacation. Most employers would require it during your holiday, when you intend to work full time. You can always confirm the status of you right to work from this link https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work . you might have to show these to some employers if they have issues with changing you from part-time to full-time (as some of them are clueless, when if comes to these matters). You can actually earn up to a little less than 2k at just above min wage rate working 48 hrs a week. Also a prudent lifestyle would also help one save up more.

Nice info. Eye opener indeed

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by aghap51(m): 12:41am On Jul 12, 2021
Good morning Gurus. I want to ask if it is possible for one to know if visa was granted or refused after receiving collection mail from TLS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HSpecial: 1:07am On Jul 12, 2021
Queenbeloveth:

This is not true. The August 2nd deadline for Teesside university student for to submit statement of account for verification before they issue CAS
Thank you for the clarification, I get it now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HSpecial: 1:11am On Jul 12, 2021
Bukolami22:
@HSpecial no, that's not related to visa application in anyway. It's the deadline for submission of documents at the school (Teesside) portal.
Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Asoko80: 1:46am On Jul 12, 2021
Yes it's after paying my tuition deposit
I have paid since April am honestly tired of this school is it a bad idea to have declared visa refusal to the school?
I am beginning to think that it's better to declare your refusal at the point of Visa application rather than the school. Because the way Northumbria is handling my case as if am a common criminal is so so annoying.
We had series of zoom meetings on the issue of Visa refusals and how Nigeria is one of the high risk countries blah blah.... Particularly with London campus.They claimed the New Castle campus does not have any issue .. please some should help me on how to get back my refund abeg...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Fk1987: 4:59am On Jul 12, 2021
Asoko80:
I have paid since April am honestly tired of this school is it a bad idea to have declared visa refusal to the school?
I am beginning to think that it's better to declare your refusal at the point of Visa application rather than the school. Because the way Northumbria is handling my case as if am a common criminal is so so annoying.
We had series of zoom meetings on the issue of Visa refusals and how Nigeria is one of the high risk countries blah blah.... Particularly with London campus.They claimed the New Castle campus does not have any issue .. please some should help me on how to get back my refund abeg...

That's very unfortunate bro, isn't bad that you declared your visa refusal.

I feel your displeasure.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gloriouscrown: 6:25am On Jul 12, 2021
@scobby2007,

Congratulations on your wife’s visa. Please do you know how feasible it is commuting from Bristol to London for work daily? Any pointers to affordable and safe areas for accommodation?
Also did Uwe give your wife any discount on the school fees?

@Justwise et al, kindly contribute as well.

Thanks for your response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pinkasso: 6:29am On Jul 12, 2021
For the first question ...yes you will be ask to provide a UK address..
For the second question ...you can either use the school address or your sister-in-law's address....
For the third question.....you can choose to quarantine at your sisters-in-law's place....
teeboi77:
Good evening great mind,I have been reading about address on TB test certificate,is IOM going to ask for this address when I go for the test?
Also am doing family of 4,wifey is the student while me and our two kids will be dependant to all apply at the same time using same POF and we intend to stay at my sister in-laws place in the UK when we get there,my question is can we use her address for the TB test and also can we say we will be staying there for quarantine when applying for visa??

Kind responses will be appreciated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pinkasso: 6:32am On Jul 12, 2021
You can use any address in the UK.....
Teniremi:

What if I already used address of where I will be staying which is still the same city

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Owlette: 6:38am On Jul 12, 2021
Have u contacted your school rep? The Newcastle school rep has been so helpful. She made sure most of us received our CAS on time.
If you do not have the London school rep’s contact, message me.

Asoko80:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Adexcube007: 6:52am On Jul 12, 2021
Please I will like to ask how did you work on the consent letter. Did you just type and sign or did you go to the court to do anything with it before submission. I am a single mother and want to get a consent letter from my daughters dad, he I willing but I want to know what is applicable.

Thanks

Ykaa:

Apologies for the late response.

1. Yes, I used the same POF for everyone that I applied for at the same time. I ensured the total amount in the bank account was enough.

2. I provided consent letters for the children. I did not travel with the children to the UK. My spouse travelled with them. However, consent letters from "both parents" must be added to the visa applications of minors regardless of whether yo.

3. I submitted all the applications at about the same time. For some weeks before the submission, I was editing all the applications simultaneously. So when it was time to submit, there was little to add to all the applications and I was able to submit them about the same time.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Cyberknight: 7:04am On Jul 12, 2021
Adexcube007:
Please I will like to ask how did you work on the consent letter. Did you just type and sign or did you go to the court to do anything with it before submission. I am a single mother and want to get a consent letter from my daughters dad, he I willing but I want to know what is applicable.

Thanks

I dont think there are specific rules about the consent letter per se, but I remember my cousin did one once and she and her ex simply got it notarised and all that, which doesn't cost anything much, so you might as well do it. It might be overkill, but that doesn't count in the larger scheme of things.

The consent letter from your child(ren)'s father in this case is different in that he is neither married to or partnered with you, so it must be accompanied by valid evidence of the fact that you have sole custody of the child(ren).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by talantolo: 7:07am On Jul 12, 2021
onyiibest8:
Pls I got the email of application not being straightforward yesterday, should I expect an interview? What are the likely questions pls?

When did you apply? Was it standard visa or priority visa?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.