Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,133 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? (7613 Views)

Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. / Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Emusan(m): 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The same active force God blew into Adam's nostril in the beginning {Genesis 2:7} this force is to sustain Adam's breath as long as he lives but at death the force returns to God who gave it! Job 27:3; Psalms 104:29; Ecclesiastes 12:7

May you have PEACE! smiley

So it was Holy Spirit that Jehovah blew into Adam Nostril....

Wonders of JWs abracadabra.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Please my eyes escaped the highlighted o!

So your God still serve God as what o? embarassed

E be things

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2021
Blabbermouth:

Is Jesus God or Almighty God?
There's nothing "Almighty" about him if he still serves a superior.

Point

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 4:56pm On Jan 04, 2021
Janosky:

cheesy cheesy grin
John 10:34-36, 1 Corinthians 8:5, Bros, who born the gods on earth?

grin

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2021
livingchrist:
Did you answer my question?

Almighty God can be given back what belongs to him,
That same verse or so in 1 Corinthians 15 also said the kingdom was handed over to God the father.
Jesus is not just God Almighty but he is also a man, the implication is that Jesus is both equal and less than God at the same time.

Jesus as a man was given power but not as God,

Jesus as a man and a servant has the father as his God.
And that verse you read is speaking of the Christ as the second Adam not as God.

Jesus is Jehovah's servant and messenger because he chosed to

Commiting the same Fallacy again

If Jesus is a man in Heaven, he can't see God's face.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2021
Barristter07:

Commiting the same Fallacy again

If Jesus is a man in Heaven, he can't see God's face.
If Jesus is not a man he cant be an high priest or a mediator.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 6:44am On Jan 05, 2021
livingchrist:
If Jesus is not a man he cant be an high priest or a mediator.

U go just open mouth Waaaaa grin

A man Jesus can't see God's face, how could he mediate ?

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 8:02am On Jan 05, 2021
Barristter07:

U go just open mouth Waaaaa grin

A man Jesus can't see God's face, how could he mediate ?

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 8:47am On Jan 06, 2021
livingchrist:

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Man could be used as an anthropomorphic expression for a Spirit person.

Fact: No man can see God's face and live .
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
Barristter07:

Mr barrister, you said no man can see God whether anthromorphic or not, in as much as it called man then he cant see God.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Emusan(m): 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
Barristter07:

See how the deluded suddenly change to anthropomorphic....

Definition of anthropomorphic

1: described or thought of as having a human form or human attributes anthropomorphic deitiesstories involving anthropomorphic animals

2: ascribing human characteristics to nonhuman thingsanthropomorphic

That verse didn't ascribe HUMAN characteristics to NONHUMAN but the very NATURE of Jesus just as many Bible scholars explain.

Besides, I remembered vividly when this verse was brought up how you tried to proof that the verse was referring to the Human sacrifice of Jesus and not after resurrection.

Keep lying for your 8 men!
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 12:44am On Jan 07, 2021
Emusan:

See how the deluded suddenly change to anthropomorphic....

Definition of anthropomorphic

1: described or thought of as having a human form or human attributes anthropomorphic deitiesstories involving anthropomorphic animals

2: ascribing human characteristics to nonhuman thingsanthropomorphic

That verse didn't ascribe HUMAN characteristics to NONHUMAN but [b] the very NATURE of Jesus just as many Bible scholars explain. b]

Besides, I remembered vividly when this verse was brought up how you tried to proof that the verse was referring to the Human sacrifice of Jesus and not after resurrection.

Keep lying for your 8 men!

If that's his nature, then it means Jesus can't see God's Face . grin
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 12:49am On Jan 07, 2021
livingchrist:
Mr barrister, you said no man can see God whether anthromorphic or not, in as much as it called man then he cant see God.
An anthropomorphic expression means Jesus is not human , just given human attribute.

But to claim he is actually human,means He can't see God's face.
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 6:36am On Jan 07, 2021
Barristter07:

An anthropomorphic expression means Jesus is not human , just given human attribute.

But to claim he is actually human,means He can't see God's face.

so a man can see the face of God right?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Emusan(m): 7:25am On Jan 07, 2021
Barristter07:

If that's his nature, then it means Jesus can't see God's Face . grin
Lying liar like your father the Devil!
So it's no longer before Jesus sacrificial death.
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 8:41am On Jan 07, 2021
livingchrist:
so a man can see the face of God right?

No man can. If Jesus is a man, he can't .
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 8:58am On Jan 07, 2021
Emusan:

Lying liar like your father the Devil!

So it's no longer before Jesus sacrificial death.
Jesus existence as a man simply means He can't access God's Face.

Exodus 33:20 - " He further said, “You cannot see My face, for mankind shall not see Me and live!” NASB

In short Jesus is no longer a man.

Only Spirit beings can

" See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I tell you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my Father who is in heaven. " Matthew 18:10

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:08am On Jan 07, 2021
Please Barrister07 don't kill Emusan for me o!

He is my goooooood friend! smiley

Barristter07:

Exodus 33:20 - " He further said, “You cannot see My face, for mankind shall not see Me and live!” NASB
Only Spirit beings can
" See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I tell you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my Father who is in heaven. " Matthew 18:10

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Emusan(m): 11:33am On Jan 07, 2021
Barristter07:

"But there's one God and one mediator between God and mankind, The MAN Jesus Christ"

And the scripture says Jesus went to heaven with His human nature and sat at the right hand of God.

Only Spirit beings can

The angels can look at God's face because they are also in heaven, if you find your way to heaven you'll also see God's face. That's why anyone who has a glance of heaven revelation does see God's face. Which nullified your lying of human can't see God's Face.

Yes! a mortal man can't see God's face but a regenerated man born after God can, this is the truth from the scripture.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Emusan(m): 11:34am On Jan 07, 2021
Barristter07:

But didn't people see God's face in vision, how come if no man can

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by DappaD: 12:49pm On Jan 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Please my eyes escaped the highlighted o!

So your God still serve God as what o? embarassed

This still cracks me up grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 1:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
Barristter07:

So how come Jesus is who is called a man saw God's face.

2. That is one, again
The bible called Jesus an high priest a position made for humans, If Jesus is not human how come is the high priest?

3. Jesus is called the second Adam, what is the meaning of Adam? Has Jesus stopped being the second Adam.

4. Since All christian would bear Jesus image, would they be humans or spirits?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2021
I'm not that good in English language but i know that it's only SERVANTS that SERVES, yet our friend keep saying Jesus is not a SERVANT but he SERVES as what nah?

DappaD:

This still cracks me up grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2021
livingchrist:

So how come Jesus is who is called a man saw God's face.

As a man NO! But as a resurrected living SPIRIT {1Corinthians 15:45} yes Jesus can see God's face!

2. That is one, again
The bible called Jesus an high priest a position made for humans, If Jesus is not human how come is the high priest?
The Highpriests in Israel never saw God's face that's why they often enter the most holy with two forms of sacrifice, one to attone for their own sin before entering the most holy (holy of holies) and the other sacrifice for the nation of Israel. Yet even in the most holy no human priest has ever seen God at any given time! {John 1:18} So Jesus as the new Highpriest who can never die again entered into the holy of holies (third heavens) as a spirit not with the blood of bulls or goats but with his own perfect human blood! Hebrew 9:12

3. Jesus is called the second Adam, what is the meaning of Adam? Has Jesus stopped being the second Adam.
He is the last Adam who became a life giving SPIRIT {1Corinthians 15:45} So unlike Adam who gave life to other humans through his body Jesus is a life giving SPIRIT!

4. Since All christian would bear Jesus image, would they be humans or spirits?
1Corinthians 15:45 explained that there two types of life giving beings one is human (Adam) the other is SPIRIT (Jesus) it was Adam's sin that brought death to flesh {Romans 5:12} now Jesus' death has cleared our debt therefore either way Jesus is qualified because he lived a faithful life both as flesh and as a spirit. So through faith in his ransom sacrifice he can bear children both spirit and human! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by DappaD: 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2021
livingchrist:

2. That is one, again

And who told you the position of High Priest was solely for humans?
In fact the tabernacle built and that position held by humans were only a copy, a shadow of the main reality—heaven and Jesus Christ. Hebrews 9:24

Aaron, when he entered into the Most Holy compartment on the specified month and day, appeared symbolically before the very presence of God and presented blood that wasn't his own in the behalf of himself, his household and the nation of Israel. Leviticus 16:2, Hebrews 9:7

But Jesus, gave his own life as a ransom and his blood was poured out on behalf of many. Matthew 20:28, Hebrews 9:22
And since he's no longer a human but a mighty spirit being(1Peter 3:18)when he went to heaven, he presented the value of his blood before the ACTUAL presence of God which distinguishes him from humans who had been high priest in the past(Aaron,Eleazar etc). Hebrews 9:24-26
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2021
It's like this is becoming a personal Bible study so i'll demand he say "PLEASE" before further lecture. I discovered he's now asking more questions no more counter arguments unlike before when he was arguing and quoting scriptures out of context! smiley

DappaD:

In fact the tabernacle built and that position held by humans were only a copy, a shadow of the main reality—heaven and Jesus Christ. Hebrews 9:24

Aaron, when he entered into the Most Holy compartment on the specified month and day, appeared symbolically before the very presence of God and presented blood that wasn't his own in the behalf of himself, his household and the nation of Israel. Leviticus 16:2, Hebrews 9:7

But Jesus, since he's no longer a human but a mighty spirit being(1Peter 3:18), gave his own life as a ransom and his blood was poured out on behalf of many. Matthew 20:28, Hebrews 9:22
So when he went to heaven, he presented the value of his blood before the ACTUAL presence of God which distinguishes him from humans who had been high priest in the past(Aaron,Eleazar etc). Hebrews 9:24-26
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by DappaD: 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
It's like this is becoming a personal Bible study so i'll demand he say "PLEASE" before further lecture. I discovered he's now asking more questions no more counter arguments unlike before when he was arguing and quoting scriptures out of context! smiley

Of course he's ever welcome to partake freely of the refreshing waters of truth that gives life. Revelation 22:17

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

As a man NO! But as a resurrected living SPIRIT {1Corinthians 15:45} yes Jesus can see God's face!
so Jesus is no longer a man, why then is he called a man.

The Highpriests in Israel never saw God's face that's why they often enter the most holy with two forms of sacrifice, one to attone for their own sin before entering the most holy (holy of holies) and the other sacrifice for the nation of Israel. Yet even in the most holy no human priest has ever seen God at any given time! {John 1:18} So Jesus as the new Highpriest who can never die again entered into the holy of holies (third heavens) as a spirit not with the blood of bulls or goats but with his own perfect human blood! Hebrew 9:12
was the issue about seeing God's face or potency of their sacrifice?
Has a Spirit ever being an high priest, elaborate with scripture reference.

He is the last Adam who became a life giving SPIRIT {1Corinthians 15:45} So unlike Adam who gave life to other humans through his body Jesus is a life giving SPIRIT!

1Corinthians 15:45 explained that there two types of life giving beings one is human (Adam) the other is SPIRIT (Jesus) it was Adam's sin that brought death to flesh {Romans 5:12} now Jesus' death has cleared our debt therefore either way Jesus is qualified because he lived a faithful life both as flesh and as a spirit. So through faith in his ransom sacrifice he can bear children both spirit and human! smiley
Does Adam not mean human? If Jesus is the second Adam, then he must be human.

And again, how can Jesus be Spirit when he was resurrected in human body?

Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2021
DappaD:

But Jesus, gave his own life as a ransom and his blood was poured out on behalf of many. Matthew 20:28, Hebrews 9:22
And since he's no longer a human but a mighty spirit being(1Peter 3:18)when he went to heaven, he presented the value of his blood before the ACTUAL presence of God which distinguishes him from humans who had been high priest in the past(Aaron,Eleazar etc). Hebrews 9:24-26

Hebrews 5:1, 4 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.

Every high priest is taken from among men, and no man taketh this honor for himself.

High priest cannot be taken from among Angel's meaning Jesus was taken from among men too not from among the angels.

What this verse simply means is that every high priest must be a human.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by DappaD: 3:04pm On Jan 07, 2021
livingchrist:

Hebrews 5:1, 4 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.
Every high priest is taken from among men, and no man taketh this honor for himself.

OK so you forgot to quote the verse 7 that specifically said about Jesus that:
“in the days of his flesh [KJV] he offered up cries and petitions to God? See also Luke 22:44

High priest cannot be taken from among Angel's meaning Jesus was taken from among men too not from among the angels.
What this verse simply means is that every high priest must be a human.

I thought we've been through this before. What does position of authority or titles have to do with the nature of a being?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Emusan(m): 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2021
DappaD:

Can you then show us A SPIRIT BEING that holds the position of high priest before?

So why did Jesus has to come in HUMAN FLESH in other to occupy that role?

The illustration here signifies that human blood or bull or calf can't take away sin except the heavenly being himself.

So the blood, the calf, The bull are all REAL

Yes to replace the bull and calf blood and flesh.

Jokes of JWs

So Jesus went to heaven with HUMAN BLOOD cheesy cheesy cheesy

The JWs delima claimed Jesus was a MIGHTY SPIRIT SON before coming to earth. Now, the same Jesus became mighty spirit being after resurrection. what is Jehovah trying to proof here
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by DappaD: 3:58pm On Jan 07, 2021
Emusan:

Can you then show us A SPIRIT BEING that holds the position of high priest before?
So why did Jesus has to come in HUMAN FLESH in other to occupy that role?The illustration here signifies that human blood or bull or calf can't take away sin except the heavenly being himself.So the blood, the calf, The bull are all REAL
Yes to replace the bull and calf blood and flesh.
Jokes of JWs

So Jesus went to heaven with HUMAN BLOOD cheesy cheesy cheesy

The JWs delima claimed Jesus was a MIGHTY SPIRIT SON before coming to earth. Now, the same Jesus became mighty spirit being after resurrection. what is Jehovah trying to proof here

The rest of your comment is meaningless to me. I'd like you know where the highlighted was mentioned in my post or you just feel like twisting my words.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? / The Journey To Becoming The Supreme Avatar - The Theory Of Everything. / Why Do People Say 'happy Sunday'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.