Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,995 members, 7,835,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? (7639 Views)

Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. / Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:01pm On Jan 07, 2021
livingchrist:
so Jesus is no longer a man, why then is he called a man.
You quote scriptures out of context, Paul referred to Jesus as a man because nobody can make a spirit his/her role model, so that's the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of the text you quoted but in the context of seeing God face to face, Jesus can't as a man that's the purpose of prayer {Luke 3:21, 22:44} of course you don't pray when you can speak face to face.

God said there has never risen another Prophet like Moses not because he saw God face to face {John 1:18} but most times Moses speak with God directly not through prayer! Deuteronomy 34:10

was the issue about seeing God's face or potency of their sacrifice?
Has a Spirit ever being an high priest, elaborate with scripture reference.
YES! That's why they offer it annually unlike the sacrifice offered by a spirit once for all time! Hebrew 9:12
YES! a spirit has being a Highpriest before, this spirit materialised to meet Abraham, he is called Melchizedek! Genesis 14:18 compared to Hebrew 7:1-3

Does Adam not mean human? If Jesus is the second Adam, then he must be human.
The last ADAM BECAME A LIFE GIVING SPIRIT! 1Corinthians 15:45

And again, how can Jesus be Spirit when he was resurrected in human body?
Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
He materialised to help Thomas a faithful but unbelieving disciple know that he's now alive, because that's what is needed to help his friend and there was no time teaching him all over again! John 16:12 smiley
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 6:08pm On Jan 07, 2021
livingchrist:

So how come Jesus is who is called a man saw God's face.

2. That is one, again
The bible called Jesus an high priest a position made for humans, If Jesus is not human how come is the high priest?

3. Jesus is called the second Adam, what is the meaning of Adam? Has Jesus stopped being the second Adam.

4. Since All christian would bear Jesus image, would they be humans or spirits?

The bold will help make things easier, according to scripture those to bear Jesus image will see God's face, Can an human see God's face as live ?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2021
Emusan:

But didn't people see God's face in vision , how come if no man can

Peter see animals coming down from heaven in vision too. I guess the animals are real.

When humans see God's face in reality , tell me.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2021
Emusan:

"But there's one God and one mediator between God and mankind, The MAN Jesus Christ"

And the scripture says Jesus went to heaven with His human nature and sat at the right hand of God.

The angels can look at God's face because they are also in heaven,
if you find your way to heaven you'll also see God's face. That's why anyone who has a glance of heaven revelation does see God's face. Which nullified your lying of human can't see God's Face.

Because they are not humans but Spirit. Humans survive on blood, they can't live in heaven.

Yes! a mortal man can't see God's face but a regenerated man born after God can, this is the truth from the scripture.

" No MAN " says God ...

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2021
DappaD:

OK so you forgot to quote the verse 7 that specifically said about Jesus that:
“in the days of his flesh [KJV] he offered up cries and petitions to God? See also Luke 22:44

I thought we've been through this before. What does position of authority or titles have to do with the nature of a being?
everyone knows what verse 7 mean, In the days of his flesh means when he was on earth.

Can you show with scriptural references where spirits had being high priest?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by DappaD: 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2021
livingchrist:
everyone knows what verse 7 mean, In the days of his flesh means when he was on earth.Can you show with scriptural references where spirits had being high priest?

The beginning part of Hebrews 5:7 in Greek literally means “in the days of his flesh” which means that Jesus ceased existing in flesh after his death and resurrection. 1Peter 3:18
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2021
Please Melchizedek was from which country, his parents and time of birth? Genesis 14:18; Hebrew 7:1-3
Well let me assist you, he was just like those Abraham entertained under the big trees of Mamre. Genesis 18:1-8

So the answer is simplified Sir! smiley

livingchrist:
everyone knows what verse 7 mean, In the days of his flesh means when he was on earth.

Can you show with scriptural references where spirits had being high priest?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You quote scriptures out of context, Paul referred to Jesus as a man because nobody can make a spirit his/her role model, so that's the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of the text you quoted but in the context of seeing God face to face, Jesus can't as a man that's the purpose of prayer {Luke 3:21, 22:44} of course you don't pray when you can speak face to face.

God said there has never risen another Prophet like Moses not because he saw God face to face {John 1:18} but most times Moses speak with God directly not through prayer! Deuteronomy 34:10

YES! That's why they offer it annually unlike the sacrifice offered by a spirit once for all time! [/b]Hebrew 9:12
YES! a spirit has being a Highpriest before, this spirit materialised to meet Abraham, he is called Melchizedek! Genesis 14:18 compared to Hebrew 7:1-3

[b]The last ADAM BECAME A LIFE GIVING SPIRIT!
1Corinthians 15:45

He materialised to help Thomas a faithful but unbelieving disciple know that he's now alive, because that's what is needed to help his friend and there was no time teaching him all over again! John 16:12 smiley
1. Was it a Spirit that offered sacrifice?
2 . Give me scriptural references that says melchizedek was a spirit?
3. Why does Jesus have to materialize, what happened to Jesus body?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
Barristter07:

The bold will help make things easier, according to scripture those to bear Jesus image will see God's face, Can an human see God's face as live ?
you are the one on hot seat here,
Are there going to be some who will not bear Jesus image?
Whose image are those going to bear?
And If they do not bear Christ image they cannot inherit God's kingdom, so where will they be?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 9:45pm On Jan 07, 2021
DappaD:

The beginning part of Hebrews 5:7 in Greek literally means “in the days of his flesh” which means that Jesus ceased existing in flesh after his death and resurrection. 1Peter 3:18
No It does not mean Jesus has ceased to existing in the flesh but it means Jesus fleshly experience or Jesus earthly life.
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 9:48pm On Jan 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Please Melchizedek was from which country, his parents and time of birth? Genesis 14:18; Hebrew 7:1-3
Well let me assist you, he was just like those Abraham entertained under the big trees of Mamre. Genesis 18:1-8

So the answer is simplified Sir! smiley

do well to provided answers, give scriptural references as to your assumption that melchizedek must be a spirit.

Remember every high priest is taken from among men
So how then can melchizedek be a Spirit when he was taken from among men?
Explain
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by DappaD: 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2021
livingchrist:
No It does not mean Jesus has ceased to existing in the flesh but it means Jesus fleshly experience or Jesus earthly life.

How else can you twist such a clear scripture. Of course, the passage is referring to Jesus' earthly life but it was more specific that's why it mentioned “in the days of his flesh”. That means after his death and resurrection to heaven, he ceased being flesh. undecided
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
DappaD:

How else can you twist such a clear scripture. Of course, the passage is referring to Jesus' earthly life but it was more specific that's why it mentioned “in the days of his flesh”. That means after his death and resurrection to heaven, he ceased being flesh. undecided
there are words in the bible that are difficult to understand, In the days of his flesh simply means his earthly life.
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2021
[1] When a spirit does something in your behalf how would you know if you're not seeing it?
Well Melchizedek wasn't a human being that's why God's word substantiate his origin! {Hebrew 7:1-3} that's how Christians learn from the Holy Spirit, God's word never talked about any other intelligent creatures apart from Angels and humans. So if Melchizedek is not human definitely he is an angel (SPIRIT) unless if you don't believe what GOD'S word say about Creation! undecided

[2] That's the Secret of divine wisdom unless you have a better explanation which is a welcome development! wink

[3]If he didn't appear to them (in the flesh) how will they be convinced that he has risen? His body is the sacrificial meat {Luke 22:19} so he can't put on what has BEEN GIVEN up as sacrifice again after offering it! smiley

livingchrist:

1. Was it a Spirit that offered sacrifice?
2 . Give me scriptural references that says melchizedek was a spirit?
3. Why does Jesus have to materialize, what happened to Jesus body?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by DappaD: 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2021
livingchrist:
there are words in the bible that are difficult to understand, In the days of his flesh simply means his earthly life.

My question is—at what point did Jesus stop being flesh? Because if Jesus was still flesh in heaven, Paul would not have made that statement that way. Compare 2Corinthians 5:16
Moreover if Jesus still exists in flesh, then he never inherited God's Kingdom. 1Corinthians 15:50
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2021
Hmmmmm, my God will bless you!

The highlighted is incorrect Sir!

The same Jesus was the one who served as Melchizedek before his coming (in the flesh) as human so stop doubting God's word and believe that there was nothing like Highpriest before and after Melchizedek, the Levites only served as Highpriest to foreshadow what Melchizedek will do in the future for the entire human race! Go and Read the Bible book of Hebrew chapters 5-7 smiley

livingchrist:
do well to provided answers, give scriptural references as to your assumption that melchizedek must be a spirit.
Remember every high priest is taken from among men
So how then can melchizedek be a Spirit when he was taken from among men?
Explain
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 12:07am On Jan 08, 2021
livingchrist:
you are the one on hot seat here,
Are there going to be some who will not bear Jesus image?
Whose image are those going to bear?
And If they do not bear Christ image they cannot inherit God's kingdom, so where will they be?

Those bearing Christ image will be in heaven .

" Like the one made of dust, so too are those made of dust; and like the heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust,+ we will bear also the image of the heavenly one ." 1Cor 15:48,49

In this state the Bible said they will see God's Face . Which means they are Spirit persons . Humans can't see God's face and live.
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 4:03am On Jan 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
[1] When a spirit does something in your behalf how would you know if you're not seeing it?
Well Melchizedek wasn't a human being that's why God's word substantiate his origin! {Hebrew 7:1-3} that's how Christians learn from the Holy Spirit, God's word never talked about any other intelligent creatures apart from Angels and humans. So if Melchizedek is not human definitely he is an angel (SPIRIT) unless if you don't believe what GOD'S word say about Creation! undecided

[2] That's the Secret of divine wisdom unless you have a better explanation which is a welcome development! wink

[3]If he didn't appear to them (in the flesh) how will they be convinced that he has risen? His body is the sacrificial meat {Luke 22:19} so he can't put on what has BEEN GIVEN up as sacrifice again after offering it! smiley

So the bible is incorrect, right?

Hebrews said melchizedek was a man.
Hebrews 5:1
For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 4:06am On Jan 08, 2021
DappaD:

My question is—at what point did Jesus stop being flesh? Because if Jesus was still flesh in heaven, Paul would not have made that statement that way. Compare 2Corinthians 5:16
Moreover if Jesus still exists in flesh, then he never inherited God's Kingdom. 1Corinthians 15:50
like I said earlier, some bible translation even renders it, as his earthly life.
You yourself saw it that Jesus had flesh and bones.
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 4:09am On Jan 08, 2021
Barristter07:

Those bearing Christ image will be in heaven .

" Like the one made of dust, so too are those made of dust; and like the heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust,+ we will bear also the image of the heavenly one ." 1Cor 15:48,49

In this state the Bible said they will see God's Face . Which means they are Spirit persons . Humans can't see God's face and live.
you are giving me speculations, instead of answering my questions, If some are not bearing Christ Image, it means they wont inherit the kingdom of God right?
Those who bear Adam's image are flesh and blood and would not inherit God's kingdom, so where will they be?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by imagrg(m): 7:13am On Jan 08, 2021
No. He was God's Message Bearer.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Emusan(m): 8:03am On Jan 08, 2021
Barristter07:
Because they are not humans but Spirit. Humans survive on blood, they can't live in heaven.

Human are living in heaven now

" No MAN " says God ...

But MAN do see vision of God, how come?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Emusan(m): 8:04am On Jan 08, 2021
Barristter07:

Peter see animals coming down from heaven in vision too. I guess the animals are real.

When humans see God's face in reality , tell me.

So you can see your lie of NO MAN has no place.

Human in heaven are seeing God's Face
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Emusan(m): 8:09am On Jan 08, 2021
DappaD:
The rest of your comment is meaningless to me. I'd like you know where the highlighted was mentioned in my post or you just feel like twisting my words.

So after claiming the office of High priest wasn't meant for only Human, you can't provide where such office was occupied by Spirit Being, bah?

When your post is there to read, you want to change mouth ko
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 8:25am On Jan 08, 2021
Emusan:

So you can see your lie of NO MAN has no place.

Human in heaven are seeing God's Face
Enough of your lies
God said NO MAN can see him and live.
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:35am On Jan 08, 2021
This particular letter Paul wrote was primarily addressed to the Christians who were Hebrews naturally. Note that Paul didn't mention anything about Melchizedek in his letters to Christians from other nations. WHY? Because they had no business with Jerusalem's Temple nor whatever is practiced there again once they enter into the new covenant! John 4:19-24

This Hebrews knew so much about the duty of Highpriest because it was written in their laws and practiced in their Tabernacle and Temple for centuries. But Melchizedek has met their great grandfather Abraham long before the establishment of the Tabernacle, Temple or Priesthood in Israel. Hebrew 7:4-6
So Paul was talking about the mortal Highpriests who served in their Temple in comparison to the one who is immortal Melchizedek!
You and i know that all human Highpriest are mortal (can die) but Melchizedek is immortal {Hebrew 7:3} so he can't be human! smiley

livingchrist:
So the bible is incorrect, right?
Hebrews said melchizedek was a man.
Hebrews 5:1
For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 8:56am On Jan 08, 2021
Emusan:

Human are living in heaven now

But MAN do see vision of God, how come?

Vision is not real.

Transfiguration is an example of a vision, It doesn't mean Moses and Elijah were seen for real . Likewise seeing God in vision doesn't mean God was seen for real, even Scripture said no man has seen God at ANYTIME.

Am talking about reality, not vision

No man can see God's face and live, heaven is not for humans.
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 9:03am On Jan 08, 2021
livingchrist:
you are giving me speculations, instead of answering my questions, If some are not bearing Christ Image, it means they wont inherit the kingdom of God right?
Those who bear Adam's image are flesh and blood and would not inherit God's kingdom, so where will they be?

I didn't give you speculation , it's written that those going to heaven will see God Face, which prove they are not humans.

I repeat: No Human can see God's Face and live.

Emusan is so deluded, that he had to turn to vision for assistance, so low of both of you .
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:06am On Jan 08, 2021
Emusan is always anxious to argue with any JW so when his ignorance becomes obvious as he jumps into the water he can't swim then he turns to rage and insults!

Jesus said no man has ever been to heaven except himself that came from heaven! John 3:13

In most cases when you quote this for them to open their spiritual eyes they try to twist it yet Jesus was born just as one of us, so if he was born and he said the above then how can Moses or Elijah be in heaven? cheesy

So Emusan just feel high arguing with JWs please don't kill him for me, he's my goooooood friend! smiley

Barristter07:

Vision is not real.

Transfiguration is an example of a vision, It doesn't mean Moses and Elijah were seen for real . Likewise seeing God in vision doesn't mean God was seen for real, even Scripture said no man has seen God at ANYTIME.
Am talking about reality, not vision
No man can see God's face and live, heaven is not for humans.
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by Barristter07: 9:13am On Jan 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Emusan is always anxious to argue with any JW so when his ignorance becomes obvious as he jumps into the water he can't swim then he turns to rage and insults!

Jesus said no man has ever been to heaven except himself that came from heaven! John 3:13

In most cases when you quote this for them to open their spiritual eyes they try to twist it yet Jesus was born just as one of us, so if he was born and he said the above then how can Moses or Elijah be in heaven? cheesy

So Emusan just feel high arguing with JWs please don't kill him for me, he's my goooooood friend! smiley

You have said it all Boss. Morning Sir

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:25am On Jan 08, 2021
smiley

Barristter07:

You have said it all brother. Morning Sir
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by DappaD: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2021
Emusan:

So after claiming the office of High priest wasn't meant for only Human, you can't provide where such office was occupied by Spirit Being, bahWhen your post is there to read, you want to change mouth ko

So what does position of authority or titles have to do with the nature of a being? Simple question.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes / What Is The Difference Between The Word Of Wisdom And The Word Of Knowledge Gift / Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.