Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? (7561 Views)

Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. / Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MuttleyLaff: 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2020
haddeylium:
Yes!. This person has the highest authority.
Only Jehovah is referred to as Almighty (Ge 17:1; Ex 6:3wink
I havent asked you about any person that has or not have the highest authority, or whether Jehovah is referred to as Almighty nor anything about "Ge 17:1; Ex 6:3'' so I'll repeat the question.

Is the person who made creation (i.e. all things, the things we can see and the things we can’t see) Almighty, in other words, an All-powerful person?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by haddeylium(m): 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I havent asked you about any person that has or not have the highest authority, or whether Jehovah is referred to as Almighty nor anything about "Ge 17:1; Ex 6:3'' so I'll repeat the question.

Is the person who made creation (i.e. all things, the things we can see and the things we can’t see) Almighty, in other words, an All-powerful person?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
haddeylium:

So, Jesus doesn't have the highest authority...?

this fellow you are confusing yourself.

Jesus is a spirit in his prehuman existence right?
can you address my questions? You are the one clearly confused, has there being anywhere Jesus called Angels his brethrens/companions?

John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Here Jesus called his disciples his brethren, it should be clear to you that Jesus brethrens or companions are his disciples.

When Jesus was on earth he didnt have all authority but after his resurrection he was given all power and authority in heaven and on earth.

Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

From this verse you can see that Jesus has all power in heaven and on earth making him Almighty.
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
haddeylium:

And Jehovah God is also Jesus. undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/6301334/proof-jehovah-witnesses-jesus-jehovah#96827416

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by haddeylium(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2020
livingchrist:
can you address my questions? You are the one clearly confused, has there being anywhere Jesus called Angels his brethrens/companions

That's why I asked if Jesus is a Spirit in his prehuman existence..right?

John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Here Jesus called his disciples his brethren, it should be clear to you that Jesus brethrens or companions are his disciples.
When Jesus was on earth he didnt have all authority but after his resurrection he was given all power and authority in heaven and on earth.
Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
From this verse you can see that Jesus has all power in heaven and on earth making him Almighty.

©An Almighty God does not need to be given power or authority. Slam!
©bolded; An Almighty God cannot have a God he worshipp
©1 Corinthians 15:27
27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.”But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him.
Comprehende?
He's Jehovah's servant and Messenger

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
haddeylium:

That's why I asked if Jesus is a Spirit in his prehuman existence..right?
Did you answer my question?

©An Almighty God does not need to be given power or authority. Slam!
©bolded; An Almighty God cannot have a God he worshipp
©1 Corinthians 15:27
27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.”But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him.
Comprehende?
He's Jehovah's servant and Messenger

Almighty God can be given back what belongs to him,
That same verse or so in 1 Corinthians 15 also said the kingdom was handed over to God the father.
Jesus is not just God Almighty but he is also a man, the implication is that Jesus is both equal and less than God at the same time.

Jesus as a man was given power but not as God,

Jesus as a man and a servant has the father as his God.
And that verse you read is speaking of the Christ as the second Adam not as God.

Jesus is Jehovah's servant and messenger because he chosed to
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by haddeylium(m): 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2020
livingchrist:
Did you answer my question?
I know you cannot even Dare too cheesy

Almighty God can be given back what belongs to him,
That same verse or so in 1 Corinthians 15 also said the kingdom was handed over to God the father.
Jesus is not just God Almighty but he is also a man, the implication is that Jesus is both equal and less than God at the same time.
Jesus as a man was given power but not as God,
Jesus as a man and a servant has the father as his God.
And that verse you read is speaking of the Christ as the second Adam not as God.

That account was written under inspiration about 55 C.E., some 22 years after Jesus returned to heaven. So the truth here stated applies to the relationship between God and Christ in heaven.

"The Head of Christ is God."; He's subjected to God 'The father's who as the highest superior authority thus the only ALMIGHTY!

keep your mumbo jumbo of equal and less than God rubbish to yourself man! cheesy

Jesus is Jehovah's servant and messenger because he chosed to
God boy!
All the Sons of God in heaven that are Messengers/servant are called ANGEL!
Angel -(mal·ʼakhʹ)- Messengers.

Thanks for your time
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2020
haddeylium:

I know you cannot even Dare too cheesy

That account was written under inspiration about 55 C.E., some 22 years after Jesus returned to heaven. So the truth here stated applies to the relationship between God and Christ in heaven.

"The Head of Christ is God."; He's subjected to God 'The father's who as the highest superior authority thus the only ALMIGHTY!

keep your mumbo jumbo of equal and less than God rubbish to yourself man! cheesy
cheesy mumbo jumbo because it is beyond you.

God boy!
All the Sons of God in heaven that are Messengers/servant are called ANGEL!
Angel -(mal·ʼakhʹ)- Messengers.

Thanks for your time
before Jesus chosed to be servant he was not a servant, that is because is Almighty God.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MuttleyLaff: 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2020
haddeylium:

MuttleyLaff:

haddeylium:
Yes!.

livingchrist:
And Jehovah God is also Jesus. undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/6301334/proof-jehovah-witnesses-jesus-jehovah#96827416
@haddeylium,
Thank you for saying, Yes and so for admitting that the person who made creation (i.e. all things, the things we can see and the things we can’t see) is Almighty, in other words, is an All-powerful person, lmso

haddeylium:
This person has the highest authority.
Only Jehovah is referred to as Almighty (Ge 17:1; Ex 6:3) wink
I didnt ask for this information nor tried to obtain this information from you, but since you are so bent on airing it, I think I would take advantage of using the info then to explore the meaning and implication of the "highest authority" phrase you are throwing about upandan the thread, lmso

haddeylium, so, I'll start with. What do you do for a living? Where and/or how do you earn a crust?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by haddeylium(m): 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2020
livingchrist:
cheesy mumbo jumbo because it is beyond you.

before Jesus chosed to be servant he was not a servant, that is because is Almighty God.

Isaiah 42:1
Look! My servant, whom I support! My chosen one, whom I have approved! I have put my spirit in him; He will bring justice to the nations.

Who's that servant there?
Guyy rest! cheesy
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by sonmvayina(m): 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
Who is jesus and why does God need a son ?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2020
haddeylium:

Isaiah 42:1
Look! My servant, whom I support! My chosen one, whom I have approved! I have put my spirit in him; He will bring justice to the nations.

Who's that servant there?
Guyy rest! cheesy
A Isaiah prophecy about the coming Christ you mean?
You are confused
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by haddeylium(m): 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
livingchrist:
A Isaiah prophecy about the coming Christ you mean?
You are confused

You're rushing things.
Someone claimed to have put is spirit in the servant he has chosen!
Who that person?
Who's that servant?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
sonmvayina:
Who is jesus and why does God need a son ?
Jesus is the Son of God, A son is one that shares a special relationship with the father.
God's nature is love and for love to exist there must be a relationship hence God nature is demonstrated by a father to son and son to father type of relationship.
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 4:39pm On Dec 28, 2020
haddeylium:

You're rushing things.
Someone claimed to have put is spirit in the servant he has chosen!
Who that person?
Who's that servant?
Why should I answer you when you evaded mine?
cheesy confused man
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by haddeylium(m): 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
livingchrist:

Why should I answer you when you evaded mine?
cheesy confused man

Now, compare with

Isaiah 52:13
Look! My servant will act with insight. He will be in high station and will certainly be elevated and exalted very much.
You don't jump ever again grin

John 6:38
because I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me.

Now, you're free
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MuttleyLaff: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
sonmvayina:
Who is Jesus ...
Jesus is God Incarnate slash Son of Man.

sonmvayina:
... why does God need a son?
God needs the Son because human beings don't drop out from the sky, they in fact, are fathered
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
haddeylium:

Now, compare with

Isaiah 52:13
Look! My servant will act with insight. He will be in high station and will certainly be elevated and exalted very much.
You don't jump ever again grin

because I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me.

Now, you're free
lol all these are only possible because Jesus chosed to be a servant that's all

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by haddeylium(m): 6:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
livingchrist:
lol all these are only possible because Jesus chosed to be a servant that's all

Of course!. These creatures have free will. They can choose to serve the Almighty God or rebel against him. That's why we have Satan and the fallen Angels.

But for Jesus;
38for I have come down from heaven to do, [/b]not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

That's what true Christains are doing today. Serving Jesus' God and doing his will wink
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by DappaD: 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
haddeylium:

Of course!. These creatures have free will. They can choose to serve the Almighty God or rebel against him. That's why we have Satan and the fallen Angels.

But for Jesus;
38for I have come down from heaven to do, [/b]not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

That's what true Christains are doing today. Serving Jesus' God and doing his will wink

The guy will still come from another angle with arguments. It seems that the scripture you quoted above(and others like Luke 4:43, John 5:19) doesn't exist in their own Bibles else why have they been consistently avoiding it like a plague since you and Max have been reciting it for them since?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by DiscipleFaith: 12:44am On Dec 29, 2020
Jesus is not God. And he is also not his own Father. That just clearly doesn't make any sense even if many people claim this to be true. Jesus said that he is the SON of God. He never claimed to be God. The Bible even says that Jesus is sitting to the right hand of God in heaven. How must he be sitting next to himself? It just doesn't work out.

And to believe this also often comes with many misconceptions about what Jesus really taught us. He told us to become like him! To be born again, receive the Spirit of God and to walk holy just as he did. Always doing the will of God. So Jesus actually should be our brother, and we should be one with God just as he is! This is his message and the way for us to be truly free!
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:22am On Dec 29, 2020
Another Jehovah witness spotted! grin

DiscipleFaith:
Jesus is not God. And he is also not his own Father. That just clearly doesn't make any sense even if many people claim this to be true. Jesus said that he is the SON of God. He never claimed to be God. The Bible even says that Jesus is sitting to the right hand of God in heaven. How must he be sitting next to himself? It just doesn't work out.

And to believe this also often comes with many misconceptions about what Jesus really taught us. He told us to become like him! To be born again, receive the Spirit of God and to walk holy just as he did. Always doing the will of God. So Jesus actually should be our brother, and we should be one with God just as he is! This is his message and the way for us to be truly free!
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MuttleyLaff: 6:13am On Dec 29, 2020
DiscipleFaith:
[s]Jesus is not God. And he is also not his own Father. That just clearly doesn't make any sense even if many people claim this to be true. Jesus said that he is the SON of God. He never claimed to be God. The Bible even says that Jesus is sitting to the right hand of God in heaven. How must he be sitting next to himself? It just doesn't work out.

And to believe this also often comes with many misconceptions about what Jesus really taught us. He told us to become like him! To be born again, receive the Spirit of God and to walk holy just as he did. Always doing the will of God. So Jesus actually should be our brother, and we should be one with God just as he is! This is his message and the way for us to be truly free![/s]
"51Truly, truly I say to you, if anyone keeps My words, he shall not see death forever."
52Then the Jews said to Him, "Now we know that You have a demon. Abraham and the prophets died; yet You say, 'If anyone keeps My words, he shall not taste of death forever. '
53Are You greater than our father Abraham who died? And the prophets, who died? Who do You make Yourself to be?"
54Jesus answered, "If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing. It is My Father Who glorifies Me, of Whom you say that He is your God.
55Yet you have not known Him; but I know Him. And if I say that I do not know Him, I shall be a liar, like you. But I know Him, and I keep His Word.
56Abraham your father was overjoyed to see My day; and he saw it, and rejoiced."
57Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not even fifty years old, and You have seen Abraham?"
58Jesus said to them,
"Truly, truly I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM."

59Then they picked up stones to throw at Him. But Jesus concealed Himself and went out of the temple, passing through the midst of them, and in this manner departed.
"
- John 8:51-5

@DiscipleFaith, if Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, were to right now, repeat John 8:58, would you join in picking up stones to throw at Him too?

MaxInDHouse:
Another Jehovah witness spotted! grin
[img]https://i./2Nr4.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:34am On Dec 29, 2020
Any angel can say exactly what Jesus said at John 8:58 because they all existed before Adam talkless Abraham. Those unbelieving Jews just don't want to accept the credentials of the Messiah, according to the scriptures the Messiah has been in existence long ago even before the creation of the earth.
So if Jesus say "i've been existing before Abraham" it doesn't mean he is referring to himself as JEHOVAH! smiley

MuttleyLaff:

@DiscipleFaith, if Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, were to right now, repeat John 8:58 would you join in picking up stones to throw at Him too?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by freshboi88: 6:43am On Dec 29, 2020
haddeylium:

You are just fooling yourself

Rev 22:12“Behold, I am coming soon, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to what he has done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

Jesus calls himself Almighty here.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:51am On Dec 29, 2020
The Bible book of Revelation is full of symbolic terms, please can you quote a verse in the gospel where Jesus said "i am the Almighty God" and all these arguments will end one time.

As far as i'm concerned Jesus never told his disciples that he is God Almighty neither did any of them told us we must believe that Jesus is the Almighty for us to be saved. So why this wahala tori Olorun?

I'm just asking because it seems as if you often feel embittered against those who disagree with this your assertion whereas the early CHRISTIANS themselves never made it mandatory!

freshboi88:

You are just fooling yourself

Rev 22:12“Behold, I am coming soon, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to what he has done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

Jesus calls himself Almighty here.

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by freshboi88: 7:00am On Dec 29, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
The Bible book of Revelation is full of symbolic terms, please can you quote a verse in the gospel where Jesus said "i am the Almighty God" and all these arguments will end one time.

As far as i'm concerned Jesus never told his disciples that he is God Almighty neither did any of them told us we must believe that Jesus is the Almighty for us to be saved. So why this wahala tori Olorun?

I'm just asking because it seems as if you often feel embittered against those who disagree with this your assertion whereas the early CHRISTIANS themselves never made it mandatory!

Rev 1:8“I am the Alpha and the Omega,d” says the Lord God, who is and was and is to come—the Almighty.

So can the arguement end. Give your life to Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:10am On Dec 29, 2020
That's not Jesus' comment Sir! smiley

And as for Christ i'm already preaching and teaching all those who comes my way about the kingdom of God which is made possible through our Master, Lord, King and Savior Jesus Christ.

So i'm already a Christian Sir, but Jesus never said he is the Almighty God! smiley

freshboi88:

Rev 1:8“I am the Alpha and the Omega,d” says the Lord God, who is and was and is to come—the Almighty.

So can the arguement end. Give your life to Christ.
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 7:23am On Dec 29, 2020
haddeylium:

But for Jesus;

Sorry, angels do not chose to be servants they were created as servants, they can either chose to continue to serve God or not.

when did Jesus make that statement? After he chosed to be a servant or before he chosed to be servant?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by livingchrist: 7:26am On Dec 29, 2020
DappaD:

The guy will still come from another angle with arguments. It seems that the scripture you quoted above(and others like Luke 4:43, John 5:19) doesn't exist in their own Bibles else why have they been consistently avoiding it like a plague since you and Max have been reciting it for them since?
ofcourse what he quoted is true, but it happened only after Jesus took the form of a servant.
Angels are already servants in nature but not so with Jesus, for Jesus had to take the form of a servant to accomplish the role he played.
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MuttleyLaff: 7:28am On Dec 29, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Any angel can say exactly what Jesus said at John 8:58 because they all existed before Adam talkless Abraham.

Thank you for the laffs

... but no angels ever said or dare say what Jesus said at John 8:58 because even if they all existed before Adam talkless Abraham, they won't be making any point with saying it.

MaxInDHouse:
[s]Those unbelieving Jews just don't want to accept the credentials of the Messiah, according to the scriptures the Messiah has been in existence long ago even before the creation of the earth.
So if Jesus say "i've been existing before Abraham" it doesn't mean he is referring to himself as JEHOVAH![/s] smiley
@MaxInDHouse
1/ If Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, were to right now, repeat John 8:58, would you, join in picking up stones to throw at Him too?
2/ What to your honest, sincere and truthful knowledge and/or awareness was the stated reason given by the people for picking up stones to throw at Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, lmso?
Re: Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:40am On Dec 29, 2020
Never mind, go sort yourself with homosexuality first!
If you want Jesus to be the Almighty God you're free to do that so go and get the benefits of your faith Sir! smiley

MuttleyLaff:

Thank you for the laffs

... but no angels ever said or dare say what Jesus said at John 8:58 because even if they all existed before Adam talkless Abraham, they won't be making any point with saying it.

@MaxInDHouse
1/ If Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, were to right now, repeat John 8:58, would you, join in picking up stones to throw at Him too?
2/ What to your honest, sincere and truthful knowledge and/or awareness was the stated reason given by the people for picking up stones to throw at Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, lmso?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Spiritual Profile Of Chioma Oluchi Anasoh - A Former Mistress And Aid Of Fani / Born again = your sinful flesh dies and new you springs up (photos) / Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.